Australia
JakeN
MYOB Moderator

991Posts

146Kudos

118Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hi @BronwynHamster,

As @Suja_P has mentioned a few posts above that we have assurance from our product development team that the Category reporting issue that you mention is on their list of candidates for fix this year. Please note that while the issue relates to Payroll Categories reporting, it does not impact STP reporting to the ATO.

Cheers, JakeN

Social Support Representative

Is this a Solution?

Mark this as an Accepted SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Partner LITB15
11 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
LITB15
Contributing Partner

11Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Are you indicating that STP software requires users to be cloud based?  I have multiple clients who do NOT want to operate in the cloud and have held off upgrading to AccountRight due to its slower processing.  They are not interested in bank feeds and prefer the speed of Classic to the newer product.

Partner ASWatCR
238 Posts
Partner
Australia
ASWatCR
Partner

238Posts

443Kudos

0Solutions

This is the exact question I need the answer to. I shall await a reply from MYOB.

Also, is there any indication of when version 2018.1 will be released?

Can I convert directly from version 19.14 to 2018.1 ? (I know 2017.2 had some of the STP changes, so wanted to check this). I.e Do I upgrade now or just wait until version 2018.1 is released and do it all in one go?
Ultimate Partner IanChait
649 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
IanChait
Ultimate Partner

649Posts

485Kudos

132Solutions

Hi @ASWatCR

I would recommend upgrading to 2017.2 and get started with the features. Once on the live version, it is very easy to upgrade to later versions.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,559 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1559Posts

943Kudos

123Solutions

Hi @LITB15 - Bank Feeds save a huge amount of time and make bank reconciliations a cinch !

Kym Yeoward CPA
Darwin
Partner ASWatCR
238 Posts
Partner
Australia
ASWatCR
Partner

238Posts

443Kudos

0Solutions

HI,

Will someone be replying to LITB15's post re-copied below:

Are you indicating that STP software requires users to be cloud based?  I have multiple clients who do NOT want to operate in the cloud and have held off upgrading to AccountRight due to its slower processing.  They are not interested in bank feeds and prefer the speed of Classic to the newer product.

Essentially do you have put your datafile in the cloud for STP to work? (I believe you dont need to for bank feeds (can work online or offline, provided you have internet connection).

Please confirm for both STP and bank feeds if file needs to be in the cloud? 

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,622 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25622Posts

2950Kudos

3744Solutions

Hi @LITB15 & @ASWatCR

To be STP compliant you do need to running AccountRight 201x. At this stage, we are looking at the service being available to both offline and online company files, similar to that of bank feeds and pay superannuation- you will just need an active Internet connection at the time of processing payroll. More details relating to Single Touch Payroll will be made available closer to release.

Also @ASWatCR you mentioned AccountRight 2018.1, this is in the final stages of development and should be made available to clients shortly. However, you are welcome to upgrade from AccountRight Classic to AccountRight 2017.2 and then upgrade to AccountRight 2018.1. Alternatively, upgrading to AccountRight 2018.1 while it does become available.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Partner LITB15
11 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
LITB15
Contributing Partner

11Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Not in all instances Kym_Yeoward.  My experience is that where a client is using the software and running comprehensive subsidiary ledgers there is no additional benefit!  I have spent more time correcting incorrect allocations / rules that doing the work from the outset.  But I don't imagine CPA's do much at ground level and that's where MYOB has lost touch with front end users.

Experienced Cover User BronwynHamster
127 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User

127Posts

73Kudos

1Solutions

Dear LITB15, I concur. It also sadly seems MYOB used more tech guys when creating their live package then bookkeepers and accounting staff who use the system. The Live platform is incredibly slow and lost a lot of fantastic Classic features. So, whilst it has many good features us old Classic users miss what we had/have. I have 2 clients who will not be moving across. Cheers, Bronwyn

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post