TimK
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single Touch Payroll - Salary Sacrifice Superannuation and Non-Superannuation

Hello,

We have been reporting via STP for some months.  As it is nearing year end, I was reconciling the ATO data to our MYOB data.  One item I noticed is that the ATO has the gross wage, but the salary sacrificed amounts have not been reduced off the gross wage.

My questions are:

How do we show the reduced gross wage that is reported through to the ATO for salary sacrificed superannuation and other salary sacrificed deductions?

How do we report to the ATO through STP the Reportable Superannuation figure?

How do we report to the ATO through STP the reportable amount of non-superannuation salary sacrificed amounts?

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
845 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

845Posts

121Kudos

114Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Single Touch Payroll - Salary Sacrifice Superannuation and Non-Superannuation

Hi @TimK 

Thanks for your post.  The gross wage should reflect the reduced amount in the calculations if it has been set up correctly. The help article Assign ATO reporting categories for single touch payroll reporting should be useful.  It includes information on deductions, assigning reporting categories, salary sacrifice superannuation, etc.  

Have a look at this and let me know if you have further questions after reviewing it. Hope this helps! If this solves your inquiry please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TimK
4 Posts
User
TimK
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll - Salary Sacrifice Superannuation and Non-Superannuation

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for pointing me to the article around the set up of payroll categories.

From what I can see, we have these set up correctly.  However, when I look at the gross payments through the payroll centre, they are not being reduced.

Also, we need to add the reportable FBT amount at some stage, and this is not showing in this article.  Do you know how we include this figure at the end of year?

Cheers,

Tim

TimK
4 Posts
User
TimK
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I have found where I can enter the reportable FBT in the payroll centre.  I just click on the box at the end of the employee line and enter the information through there.

Cheers,

Tim

Fitzroy65
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Fitzroy65
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have followed the steps in the link to select the payroll category and the only options that I have showing under the "ATO Reporting Category" dropdown are:

Non-reportable

Deduction - Union/Professional Assoc Fees

Deduction - workplace giving 

ETP - tax withholding

None of these apply to the salary sacrifce super that I need to report. I cannot select the reportable super option.  How do I solve this as it is holding up my entire payment summary reportig to the ATO and stopping me from rolling forward. 

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
845 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

845Posts

121Kudos

114Solutions

Hi @Fitzroy65 

Thanks for your post. The selection you're looking for can be found under Payroll Category > Superannuation > Blue arrow next to Salary Sacrifice > ATO reporting category.  Example shown below for reference 

Untitled7.png

This should be what you're looking for.  I hope this helps, let me know if you have further troubles. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post