Contributing Cover User
Australia
Sharon_PSI
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Single Touch Payroll and ETP

Unfortunately I've recently had to make two positions redundant.  ETP was incurred by payment in lieu of notice, plus there was payout of leave entitlements and redundancy.  I discovered via the forum that I could finalise reporting via STP instead of issuing ETP summary.  I've done this and downloaded the report.  Now I am confused.  I've done them individually so I can see the separation.  On the "Payroll Reporting - Employee YTD" it shows Lump sum A and D plus the regulary payments / deductions showing through out the year.  It does not show the ETP payment.  This only comes up under the "Payroll Reporting - Employer Pay Period".

It would seem that the ETP has been recorded, but has it been recorded under the employee name? Do I still have to issue an ETP payment summary after all?

1 REPLY
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,338 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2338Posts

1815Kudos

347Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll and ETP

Hi @Sharon_PSI

If you do a search for ETP here https://www.myob.com/au/support you will see a number of links including how these should be recorded in MYOB, there are also links for STP reporting of ETP and well as the step to finalise the STP for ETP payments.

My understanding is it all depends on how you process the payment. From memory MYOB recommends creating and using a number of specific payroll categories. If creating a ETP payment summary you need to link those payroll categories to the appropriate fields. Same applies in STP, those payroll categories need to be linked to the relevant reporting fields. In effect 2 payment summaries issue, one for normal pay and one for the ETP. The same applies to STP.

Hopefully the support notes will point you in the right direction.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post