MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Single Touch Payroll and fictitious employees (created to track reporting by salesperson)

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User lindso
74 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
lindso
Trusted Cover User

74Posts

12Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single Touch Payroll and fictitious employees (created to track reporting by salesperson)

I have several employee cards in MYOB that are not actually individual employees but set up as two people on the one employee card as two people were involved in the sale. This is to assist with employee reporting regarding the salesperson to track the employees involved in the sale, as currently MYOB does not offer the choice of adding more than one salesperson to the invoice. Working with STP I have to enter all details for each employee but these employees are fictitious and do not have addresses and tax file numbers etc (tax file numbers are checked in STP so I can't just make up a TFN as my understanding is that the ATO checks this). What do you suggest I do for these employee cards? I imagine that there are other businesses out there that do the same thing.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,551 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30551Posts

3789Kudos

4456Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Single Touch Payroll and fictitious employees (created to track reporting by salesperson)

Hi @lindso 

If you don't need to report on an employee's card for payroll reporting for some reason or another, you can go to the employee's card>>Payroll Details>>Personal Details section and update the Employment Basis to be Other. This will mark that card as not required to be reported for payroll reporting but will still appear in the salesperson dropdown list.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User lindso
74 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
lindso
Trusted Cover User

74Posts

12Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll and fictitious employees (created to track reporting by salesperson)

Brilliant, thank you. Have tested the salesperson reports and it is reporting correctly.

Experienced Cover User Angela132
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Angela132
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

Just reading your reply here.  Would that also apply to a subcontractor who we also pay super for and have set up an employee card purely to process and pay the super?

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,012 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7012Posts

486Kudos

1112Solutions

Hi @Angela132 

If you select 'Other' as employment basis in the employee card, then they will not appear to be reported in Single Touch Payroll reporting, and you can still pay super for them.

Having said that, subcontractors are generally set to the 'Labour hire' employment basis. Therefore I would suggest confirming with your accountant about the the correct set up and the reporting requirements for subcontractors before proceeding.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post