Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
We have recently upgraded to MYOB AccountEdge Network version 18. I have the following issues when trying to set up the Single Touch Payroll Reporting
1. some employees have confirmed their tax file no in our system is correct but when i run "Check Payroll Details" for these employees it shows "Tax File No required"
2. Our payroll team will be doing the STP reporting to ATO, we are not using our Tax agent , do i still need to add their details in the "Agent information" Box or can just leave it blank?
3. Where exactly in the "ATO business portal" can i add the 10 digit Software ID provided by MYOB?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. if it's returning: "Tax File No required" that sounds like it's not detecting a TFN at all. if you open the employee it's failing on and note down their TFN somewhere, then backspace it in their Card File and click OK. Open it back up and type it in manually and re-run the check to see if it'll pick it up. I'd also run an optimise over the file to be safe (File > Optimise)
2. I think you should be able to ignore the agent part. from memory there's a section to say whether you'll be reporting as a business or using a Tax Agent. I've not used the AccountEdge setup myself so I can only guess that the selector wasn't present and so if you don't add the details it won't be included.
3. I'd say the Software ID generates right at the end. for the accountright setups I've helped with, I had to go through the Payroll Checks first and only get to the Software ID when everything else is done and validated.