Cover User
Australia
Brene
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Single Touch Payroll for AccountRight Classic

We are currently using AccountRight V19.15 Premier Classic.  Does this version have the requirements for STP ready for the 1/7/19 when i need to submit STP to the ATO.  We only have 3 employees so i am not buying anything else for this.  i cannot find anything on the ATO website that i can understand for sure that it is what i need to do.  So frustrating and confusing.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,965 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6965Posts

480Kudos

1105Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll

Hi @Brene 

I'm afraid that v19.x is not compatible with Single Touch Payroll reporting, the new AccountRight version is, the latest version right now is v2019.1. Some more information can be found on this Help page -  Single Touch Payroll (v19).

I can see that you are a cover customer with us, that means you are entitled to upgrade to v2019.1. With the Premier subscription, you can set up online services (including STP) for two company files without extra cost. More information on setting up STP in AccountRight 2019.1 can be found here - Introduction to Single Touch Payroll reporting

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Brene
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Brene
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply but i have been advised that there are many issues with the new version such as being very slow when you have a large file which ours is, and also there are more cost involved to actually set up STP, Is this correct? also there are issues with the forms converting over properly ??   I just do not need these hassels and why is there no upgrade option for V19.15 ??????

Can i stay with V19.15 and just get an upgrade for the tax tables at the start of the new year?? as i can get another free package just to do the STP information to go to the tax office.

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,599 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2599Posts

1994Kudos

376Solutions

Hi @Brene 

While MYOB may not agree, I and many others certainly agree - AR2019 has many issues still to be worked out, esp if you have a large company file  (over 300 MB) - FYI an optimised v19 file which is 300MB will be approx 450 MB once upgraded to AR2019. Have a good read of the forum before upgrading.

In terms of tax tables, MYOB will release v19.16 with the 1 July 2019 tax tables for subscribers. They have announced this will be the last release (and done this before as well) - so who knows.

There is a 3rd party program that allows v19 MYOB users to comply with STP with just a few clicks after payroll. However if you have only 3 employees, there may be cheaper options. Mind you some of the cheaper options will require you to manually re-enter payroll data

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post