Single Touch Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Adbur
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single Touch Payroll

I have a client who pays his employees a different amount each week becuase they work different numbers of days each week. I have informed him what the wage amount is for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 days, so he pays them the correct amount. As I process the wages each week, through MYOB Essentials, I only know how much he has paid his employees after the bank feed comes through and I see the amount. As the ATO has stipulated that the STP lodgement needs to be on or before the pay day, I'm wondering if anyone has an answer as to how I can resolve this issue. I can ask my client to notify me prior, but I have no doubt that there will be times he won't contcat me.

Thanks

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,378Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Single Touch Payroll

HI @Adbur 

As the ATO requires the figures to be reported on or before the wages are paid to the employee, this would mean that the pays would need to be prepared inside MYOB Essentials before the amounts are paid to the employee.

This would mean that the employer would need to provide you with the necessary information to prepare the pays before they pay them.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Adbur
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll

Thanks Neil

I thought it would have to be that way, hoping not, but it is what it is. 

Thanks

Adam

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post