Experienced Cover User
Australia
Mari_Grob
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Single Touch Payroll

Trying to connect to the ATO for STP, step 2 of the process.  Error message says:

Sorry you don't have access to file with Single Touch Payroll on behalf of this company. Please check with someone in the business who does or call our support team on 1300 555 123

What have I missed?

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10759Posts

1208Kudos

1524Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll

Hi @Mari_Grob 

This message can often come up if the initial email address you are using to sign up to the STP system is not the Online Owner or Online Administrator. When signing up for the first time, if the file is stored online, I recommend using the same email address and password that was used to upload the company file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Mari_Grob
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Mari_Grob
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

The file is not stored online?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10759Posts

1208Kudos

1524Solutions

Hi @Mari_Grob 

If the file was not stored online, then you would still need to use either the online owner or online administrator email address. Assuming you weren’t sure which email address was the online owner or online administrator email address, you would need to try each my.MYOB enabled email address that you have access to, to find the one that works

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Mari_Grob
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I only have one email address.  My company information and the my.myob email address is the same.

When I try to connect to the ATO, it says you need an MYOB account to continue. 

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6953Posts

478Kudos

1104Solutions

Hi @Mari_Grob 

As Neil mentioned you'll need to be the AccountRight Live owner or administrator to connect to ATO.

The email address that has the correct and set up STP is pgxxx@hunxxxxxxx.net.au. 

Please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Mari_Grob
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Clover, getting somewhere now, with the right advice!

However, when trying to go online, the message now says: "the serial number doesn't match your account".

The serial number recorded in the file isn't linked to the my.myob account youv'e logged in with.  I've only had the one serial number as far as I know, but the email address has changed. Are we able to discuss this directly, rather than in the forum, given the problem is specific to my file?

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,587 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2587Posts

1984Kudos

376Solutions

Hi @CloverQ 

You wrote 'Single Touch Payroll reporting is only available to online company files. If your file is not currently online, please do upload it online first, then connect to ATO. '

Is this a new development? Moderators in the past advised there was no requirement to have the company file online, only that user should have internet access to submit the STP report.

Please clarify.

Regards

Gavin

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Mari_Grob
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Gavin, good question.  Could the correct advice be provided please by MYOB moderators? 

This conversation started over 5 hours ago, and I'm no closer to having STP working.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6953Posts

478Kudos

1104Solutions

Hi @gavin12345  @Mari_Grob 

I'm very sorry for the incorrect information given. Gavin you are correct that Single Touch Payroll works with both online and offline files. Thank you very much for pointing it out, I've updated my reply. Apologies again on my part.

@Mari_Grob The email address I mentioned is the one with correct access to connect to ATO (it can also upload the file online). Since you got another error message, I've sent you a private message verifying additional account information. You can find the message by clicking on your avatar from the top right corner, then click on the mail icon.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post