MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Single touch payroll and AccountRight Premier v19.4

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Samiam
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Samiam
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single touch payroll and AccountRight Premier v19.4

Hi there - currently I use AccountRight Premier v19.4 - is there anything I can do to prepare for single touch payroll now or do I have to wait until the next update comes through which I would expect around the end of June??

Thanks

Sam

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,982 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5982Posts

952Kudos

844Solutions

Re: Single touch payroll and AccountRight Premier v19.4

Hi @Samiam

If you are not using, or have never used, MultiCurrency in your AccountRight file, you can move to AccountRight 2018.2 directly if you have an Active Subscription.

2018.2 has the prerequisites to begin getting ready for STP that comes in July 1st.

If you are an active Subscriber, you can just download the newer software here and begin the upgrade. Here are some support notes to take you through it:

Using those links you can download the new software and upgrade the file to the Cloud, or Offline if you would prefer, and look into the STP Reporting currently in the software.

If you have any questions on this, please let us know!

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Samiam
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden - thanks for your reply. Can you tell me is AccountRight 2018.2 an online version or and update to our server based Premier version?

I can't move to an online version as I have other software that links to our server version. Can I prepare for STP on the server version and will it be ready for STP by July 1 or not.

Thanks

Sam

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,982 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5982Posts

952Kudos

844Solutions

Hi @Samiam

AccountRight 2018 is listed as AccountRight Live, though you do have the option of storing your datafile on your Local workstation, a hosted Server or even storing it online.

If you would prefer to host this on a server for workstations to connect to, please note that due to the use of the SQL Server Compact components in the new software, the set up is now different compared to v19.

I would recommend looking through this support note on how to set up a network: Set up a network

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,591 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2591Posts

1986Kudos

376Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Samiam

Sometimes it is difficult to get a straight answer from MYOB - your current product (Premier v19.14) will never be made STP compliant.  The next update will update tax tables only.

For those that can't migrate to AR2018 (cloud or desktop) you don't have to comply with STP until May 2019. MYOB have obtained a deferral for users of v19 who can't migrate due to things like multi currency or in your case, 3rd party software that relies on v19 etc.

The hope is that by May 2019 MYOB will have fixed AR2018 to allow all users to migrate, see this link for more details - https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP/td-p/482880/page...

Regards

Gavin

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Samiam
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin - this has answered my question.

Sam

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post