Single touch payroll categories - Technical support

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Sally001
91 Posts
Partner
Australia
Sally001
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single touch payroll categories - Technical support

My client is using Accountright 2018.2 and would like to start STP from 1st July 2018 even though he has under 20 employees.  

How do I find the Software ID to submit to the ATO via the Access Manager to have this process started?

Secondly, when linking the ATO Reporting Categories the Overtime Name is under the Super tab instead of wages? Someone has previously setup the categories incorrectly.

Its been linked to the wrong "ATO reporting category" as well and is now greyed out and cant be changed?

I notice the Clearwater PLus file has only one box "To be assigned" under the Wages name for  Overtime which is how I need this one to be now.

How can I fix it to report to the ATO correctly?  Ive attached a screenshot. Thanks Sally.

11 REPLIES 11
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Re: Single touch payroll categories - Technical support

Hi @Sally001

Single Touch Payroll in AccountRight 2018 is in the process of being finalising and as such we will have more information relating to lodging available closer to its release.

In terms of the "Overtime" category, normally you would set an overtime category up as a Wages category as you are paying that to the employee. Looking at your screenshot, it is set up as a Superannuation Category. I would have it a guess that the category has been set up incorrectly and someone has fixed it up by setting the calculation basis to Equals 0 percent so nothing will calculate on it.

My recommendations would be:

• Ensure that you have a Wages Category called "Overtime" set up in Payroll>>Payroll Categories and you have that set to be the required ATO Reporting Category
  • On the superannuation "Overtime (1.5x)" category, set the limit to be Equals 0% of Gross wages. This means that it will not be calculated should something change with the calculation basis
  • Also on the superannuation "Overtime (1.5x)" category, ensure that no employees are ticked in the Employee button (top of the window).

The above processes will ensure that the category is not being used and therefore nothing will be reported to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll for that particular category.

Note: I have assumed that the category can't be deleted, due to it being used on a pay at some point in the file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Sally001
91 Posts
Partner
Australia
Sally001
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

Hi Steven,

Ok. Seeing as its clearly an error, I just made sure it is "Equals 0% of gross" and removed the employees ticked.

Coincidently, I just found that there is a real Overtime category already setup in the Wages tab that I didnt see before. So that part is good now.

IN the same file however, to check the "Payroll Reporting" for STP. there is a "New wages category" in the list that needs to be removed. When I click "Edit and Delete" I get a timed out message when the "time out" doesnt occur on any other selection.  The "New wages cateogory" is still  sitting in the Payroll category list "to be assigned".  How can it be removed from the list?

Ive attached another screenshot.

Thanks Sally.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Hi @Sally001

I would be doing two things:

• Checking if the payroll category has actually been used on a payroll transaction. The reason for this is that once it has been used it would not be able to be deleted. You can check to see if a payroll category has been used by running the Payroll Category Transaction report - Reports>>Payroll>>Payroll Categories - my advice is to select Advanced Filters, filter by that particular payroll category and then expand the date range (i.e 01/01/1900 to 31/12/9998) before selecting to Run report.
  • Go to that Payroll Category>>Select the Employee and untick any employees that have been ticked to receive this category. You might want to do the same for the Exempt option.

Once those have been done, do try to delete that category (if possible). If you are still unable to do so, I would recommend moving the company file locally if stored in the cloud/across a network and then trying again. If you are still unable to do so, do ensure that all third-party programs and applications are closed i.e. temporarily disable antivirus, automated backup programs and other applications.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner Sally001
91 Posts
Partner
Australia
Sally001
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

Ive done that search with those extended dates and nothing came up so we can assume the "New wages category" has never been used.

I tried to delete it again and the same thing happened, saying its "timed out" with a retry error message.

I thought to move the company file to locally meant "checking it out" from Online?

How do I do this when there is no option on the File menu to "Work offline - check out" in AR 2018.2?

Ive synced it first but how do I get it local to try and delete the payroll category??

Sally.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Hi @Sally001

By "moving the company file locally" I was indicating checking out the company file via File>>Work Offline - Check out file. If you are not showing that option it tends to indicate that you are not an AccountRight Live Owner or Administrator of the company file only an AccountRight Live File User. You would need to ask the AccountRight Live Owner or Administrator to check the file out and attempt to delete that payroll category.

Note: I am referring to your AccountRight Live Access, NOT your company file access which is different.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner Sally001
91 Posts
Partner
Australia
Sally001
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

So the Administrator/owner now checked it out Offline. We tried to Delete the wages category and now it said -

"Something's gone wrong and Accountright needs to close"??

This happened while trying to delete the New wages category (offline).

How can it be removed to be ready for STP?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Hi @Sally001

When you encounter a Something has gone wrong message... if you select the View Error Details (bottom left of that message) it will provide you with the error log. We would need a copy of that error log to investigate further into that situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner Sally001
91 Posts
Partner
Australia
Sally001
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

Here is the report as I forwarded to accountrighterror@myob.com as well. 
When  can this issue be fixed now? I should not have to be dealing with technical issues myself. 

AccountRight Application Error Report
=====================================
Application Version: 2018.2.20.8598
Application File Version: 2018.2.20.8598
Incident Id: 8f338e37-24a1-49f5-a9aa-64d8b3a26a1b
Time: Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:02:21 PM

Code:
DataException (10000)

Stack Trace
----------------------------------------
1 : MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyApplicationException
----------------------------------------
MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyApplicationException: (DataException): ---> System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The primary key value cannot be deleted because references to this key still exist. [ Foreign key constraint name = FK_ReportablePaymentSummaryFieldPayrollCategoryMap_PayrollCategory ]
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Hi @Sally001

The error is caused by the payroll category being linked to a payment summary field. As such I would be:

1. Going to Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries
  2. Navigate to Step 4: Payment Summary Fields
  3. Go through the list of Payment Summary Fields (on the left- hand side) and see if that payroll category has been ticked (on the right-hand side). Do go through the Payment Summary Fields until you have the found that category being ticked
  4. Untick that relevant category before selecting Next and select Close. Selecting Next will ensure that the change is saved before you close the window.
  5. Once that category has been unlinked from a payment summary field you should be free to delete that payroll category.

While the above process can be with the online file, I would recommend checking out the online file for the actual deleting.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post