User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single touch payroll

Hi,

I have lost all of my MYOB information due to my system crashing and having to be restored.  My files were backed up onto a USB (not the cloud) but I hadn't backed up for 3 weeks.  Can you tell me what happens to the 3 weeks of payments that have been processed by single touch payroll that I actually don't have saved when I use the most recent back up to reinstate my MYOB file?  I realise that I will need to enter any entries made in the last 3 weeks but wasn't sure what happens to the payroll entries.  Is there a way that I can access these payments as I'm assuming that you can't re-enter them??

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Single touch payroll

Hi @Mel06 

Thanks for your post. From an AccountRight perspective, if a transaction doesn't exist in your restored company file it will need to be re-entered, this applies to payroll transactions as well. From an STP perspective, the YTD amounts are updated each time you declare a payrun and the ATO are interested in the YTD amounts.

In your situation, those 3 weeks of pays haven't been recorded in the back up so the YTD amounts will not include those pays. Record those missing pays in order, making sure you wait for each STP report to be accepted in the Payroll reporting centre before recording the next one.

Once the last pay has been accepted in the Payroll reporting centre, go to the EOFY finalisation tab and download the YTD verification report. Run the Payroll Activity summary report and Payroll Register summary report, make sure these reports are the same and match the YTD verification report. If they are then your STP reporting to the ATO is updated and correct.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much Tracey for your advice.  This has worked perfectly!!

Mel 🙂

MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

You're very welcome @Mel06 , I'm glad to hear you're all sorted now.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I have just completed the entries for the second company and it appears that I am out when I compare YTD verification report with payroll activity summary.  I have just noticed that one employee is in the payroll reporting centre twice ( he has 2 different numbers beside both names).  This is the amount that I am out (the duplicate).

Is there a way that I can delete one of the duplicates from the reporting centre without it effecting my MYOB entries so it balances?

The payroll activity summary is the correct amount.

Thank you,

Mel

MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Hi @Mel06 

If the employee is listed twice in the Payroll reporting centre it means that they have two employee cards. The first thing I always do when reconciling payroll is run the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports. The reason for that is that the Activity report gets its data from pays processed through Process Payroll. The Register report gets its data from the Pay History in the employee card. The YTD verification report gets its figures from the Pay History in the employee card and filters by the ATO reporting categories.

Comparing all 3 reports gives you a good indication of where the problem is coming from. If the Activity and Register are different, a manual change has been made to the Pay History in the employee card. If the Activity and Regsiter are the same but the verification is different it's generally the payroll category or ATO reporting category that is causing the problem.

Can you run the Register report and check if the duplicate employee is reported? Are there amounts in the Pay History for that duplicate employee card?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

The Payroll Activity Summary and the Payroll Register Summary have the same balance.  The YTD Verification Report is different.

This was one of the pays that had to be re-entered as it had not been saved befor the system crash.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it??

MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Hi @Mel06 

Are there two employee cards for that employee? Can you send me a screenshot of where you see the employee twice in the Payroll reporting centre? You can send that screenshot by private message.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post