SimoneD11
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Starting Single Touch Payroll part way through financial year

I'm using Accountright V2019.1 and have just setup STP. Two questions:

Firstly - as I am a tax agent and have already advised the ATO that my SBR reporter is MYOB I assume that I don't need to do anything else in my Access Manager as the ATO already have listed there that MYOB is my SBR software provider?

Also, as I've started using STP as of today there are obviously pays processed prior to this date and i have read that myob don't have an "update event" that we can lodge so how do I get the YTD information to the ATO? All employees are current.

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,628 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1628Posts

1018Kudos

127Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Starting Single Touch Payroll part way through financial year

HI @SimoneD11 

You will need to go into your ATO Portal and log-in tor your Access Manager, then select AccountRight and key-in the access code that M YOB provided during your STP set-up process, for that client. This tells Access Manager that your client is using an AccountRight 2019 file , that's registered to the client.  You may have an number of clients using AccountRight - you will need to enter the unique access code for each, in your Access  Manager. Once you've don e this, you can use your normal My.MYOB log-in and password, to process their payrolls and lodge their STP Report, at the end of each payroll.

For 2018-19, if you have only used STP for part of the year, You will be rquired to do an Adjustment payroll after your last June payroll, before you rollover the file to a new year. The Adjustment paryoll will include running Payment Summaries for yiur staff. MYOB will release more details about the Adjustment payroll process, in early June. For 2019-20, you won't have to run Payment Summaries - as all pays for that year will have been done under STP.

I'm currently using STP for several clients and have found it easy.

If a pay needs to be adjusted after that week or fortnight has closed, just enter an adjustment pay in AcccountRight. STP works by looking at the year-to-date figures - so as lomg as the adjustment is entered before your year-end, the year-to-date figures in your STP reporting should be correct.

-

Kym Yeoward

Palmerston near Darwin NT

Contributing Cover User SimoneD11
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
SimoneD11
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much for your help. Brilliant

Contributing Partner Santolin
12 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Santolin
Contributing Partner

12Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kym

The ATO recently sent an email (28/5/19) stating that payment summaries aren't needed for the 2018/19 year if using STP. However I agree with you that they will be required for 2018/19 and note your reference to the "Adjustment Payroll". Has MYOB provided additional details re the Adjustment Payroll?

My thoughts are that STP, Payment Summaries and therefore personal Tax Returns wiill be one big balls up this year for the ATO! 

Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post