Trusted Cover User Kina
39 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

39Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Super Guarantee - Setup Error

I have discovered that in our Superannuation Guarantee MYOB setup that it is actually shown as Superannuation Guaranteee - Redundancy (Expense) - 'not reportable'.

It has always been like that and previous SGtee paid via this category, no other option shown. Which would not have been an issue since it isn't reported in the EMDUP annual upload. THIS needs to be fixed as it is now a reportable category. Since the 'Redundancy' version only allows - 'Not Reportable' reporting choice. I have added a new item - 'N Superannuation Guarantee' - Superannuation Guarantee - Superannuation Guarantee. AND will at 1/7/19 Remove the 'N' from the name, increase the rate from 0% to 9.5% Select it for every employees and deselect the Redundancy version. Rename the prior 'Superannuation Guarantee' - Redundancy (Expense) - 'not reportable' version to something else, decrease the rate to 0% - deselect it in employee files. Hopefully this will work. People should thus check their superannuation Category setup to see if it were initially done correctly. Hoping this will then work for STP
Sgtee.gif
Sgtee1.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Cover User Kina
39 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

39Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Super Guarantee - Setup Error

PS. And also change that Linked Payable account in the new version to ...21420  Superannuation Compulsary

Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

556Kudos

0Solutions

I remember seeing a similar problem, here's a link to the post I followed on the same subject: https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/STP-single-touch-payroll-stop-reporting-t...

Trusted Cover User Kina
39 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

39Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks had a look at that - their solution seems to indicate once an error setup has been (Contribution Type) made and saved it then it cannot be changed...remains greyed out.  They recommend stick with error until the NFY and then correct the set up. 

I agree with this - as I am not yet using STP I have no issues with the ATO as yet and will do the usual EMDUP file.  Once 1/7/19 and new payroll tables downloaded, and old payroll year 'finalised' then I will start STP.

The only way to correct the setup as far as I can see is create a another 'Superannuation Guarantee' category with the correct set up then apply that in the NFY - ensuring employees are then link to that category.

Rename the old error Category to something and use the new set up.    As in my first post.

I am thinking this will work, can see no reason why it wont, but will need to check the first pay preview in NFY.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post