Contributing Cover User cinderellaoz
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

UNABLE TO PROCESS PAYROL FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYESS

I have successfully set up my STP,  all is in order,  there were no errors.   however,    when I processed my first week of stp payroll,  my casual employ precessed fine,   but my full time payroll would not .    I received the same message for my 3 full time employees.

Select a  ETP beenfit type.   Looks like you have added an employment termination amount.  Select ETP code.

this is not the case,  I have made no other changes other to install STP.    any advice is appreciated, as I can see no way to fix this issue.  

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Re: UNABLE TO PROCESS PAYROL FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYESS

Hi @cinderellaoz 

Based on the message you are getting that relates to the ETP benefit it sounds like you are attempting to pay the employee an ETP with that particular pay.

The likely reason is that you have set up a payroll category used to pay that employee(s) with an ETP based ATO Payroll Category. I would be going to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Wages and review the ATO Reporting Category listed on your payroll categories. If you do locate one that is for ETP tax-free or ETP Taxable then ideally this should only be used for a payroll category used to make payments for those ETPs. If you are not paying an ETP then either update the ATO Reporting Category (if not set correctly) OR use a different payroll category to pay the employee.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User cinderellaoz
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thank you,   this solved the problem,  but I now have another one.   The process is not calculating sick , and holidays for all full time employees.  I have check the set up agains our old MYOB  , and everything is identical,  so I am not sure why this is not doing what it should,  and if fixed,  how will we be able to bring it up to date to include the hours for the last 3 months. 

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

506Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @cinderellaoz 

If there are no entitlement hours being accrued when recording payroll transactions, it would mean the set up isn't done correctly. I'd suggest checking the following:

- Drill into the employee card > Payroll Details > Entitlements, make sure the desired entitlement categories are ticked.

- Drill into the ticked entitlement category to check its set up. There are 3 calculation basis to choose from: 

1) User entered - no hours are generated automatically, you'll need to enter the hours manually in each pay.

2) % of the selected wage category. This only works for hourly wage categories, not salary ones.

3) Set of hours per period. This can work for both salary and hourly employees. 

I'd suggest following this Help article to make sure the calculation basis is set up correctly for your full time employees: Leave and entitlements

Once the setup is corrected, future pays will accrue hours correctly. To correct the past balances, it is done differently for the carried-over figure and the YTD figure. Please find detailed instructions in this Help article: Adjusting leave entitlements

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post