Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Workers Compensation and Single Touch Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner Vikkir
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Vikkir
Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Workers Compensation and Single Touch Payroll

I am in NSW have set up Workers comp in Myob as per the Myob instructions but I can not find a definitive answer on if and how to report it in Single Touch Payroll.  The ATO says to withhold tax and super and report at W1 on the BAS and include it in Gross Income on the PAYG Summary but then in their Single Touch Payroll information says it cannot be reported in STP. I have just tried process this weeks wages where we have an employee on Workers Comp and it is now saying my payroll setup is not complete because this wage category has not been assigned. Surely it would go to Gross Income or do we have to make it Not Reportable and work out some other way to inform them of it later. Frazzled Monday!

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,003 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
IanChait
Ultimate Partner

1003Posts

720Kudos

185Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Workers Compensation and Single Touch Payroll

Hi @Vikkir

Workers Compensation payments are part of Gross Wages just like Base Hours etc.  I would assign it to the Gross Payments category.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Highlighted
Partner Vikkir
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Vikkir
Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Workers Compensation and Single Touch Payroll

Thanks Ian, I appreciate your confirmation - that is what I had done once I settled down and thought about it logically! I do wish the ATO, ICB or Myob could put out a clear and concise list (there must be one somewhere) of what each type of wages should be assigned to within STP, especially a common thing like workers comp. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post