Partner Zone

salary sacrifice

Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User




Solved: Go to Solution

salary sacrifice

we had an employee who was having SS from his wages. He turned 75 after a couple of pays had been processed prior to this. ie he had SS in July and then turned 75 in August. We had paid SS with the quarterly super  recently but due to him being 75 they are refunding the amount paid for SS. How do i process the  SS super contribution as this will affect year end reporting. Do i process a negative SS amount for that employee or do i need to do someting else so that the year end reporting for the employee is correct?

MYOB Moderator
7,891 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator




Accepted Solution Solved

Re: salary sacrifice

Hi @sandra2 


Apologies that no one has replied to you yet. Do you still need assistance with this? If so, are you paying the SS amount directly to the employee? Salary sacrifice is a negative amount in a normal pay run because it is being deducted from the employee's net pay. So if you are paying that amount back to the employee you would need to enter it as a positive amount against the SS payroll category.


Please let me know if you need further help.


If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post