John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

In this release, you can control who does what, better than ever before, and you'll love the inventory improvements that make it a must-have for all businesses who buy and sell stock.

Access control steps up a level

AccountRight has always had features that help you control what your file users can access, but you told us you wanted more. And fair enoughit's your data, and you should choose who can do what with it. So in this release, you can customise user roles based on your business needs.

The default roles provided with AccountRight can now be customised in the new Manage Roles tab of the User Access window. For example, say you don't want your salespeople to see bank account balances. Simply deselect the Show Bank Balances permission and it's done.

Customise permissions

If you have unique roles in your business that aren't catered for by the defaults, you can create your own—just duplicate a default role, give it a name, and select the permissions.

Duplicate role

You can give read-only access to those who shouldn't make changes to your file. Assign them a role to determine what they can view, and then select the new Read Only option in the Manage Users tab. This is great for users who just sign on to print reports or check the figures.

Read Only access 

For some users, you might want to let them make changes, but give them read-only access to certain lists or transactions. That's easily done - just select the Read Only option for the permission you don't want them playing with.

Read Only permissions 

Updating from a previous AccountRight version?

• If you upgrade from a classic AccountRight release (like v19), your user accounts will initially be "inactive" in the upgraded file (except for the Administrator account). To make the users active again, the Administrator just needs to assign roles to them.

• If you update from a previous release of the new AccountRight (like 2014.1), we'll carry over your existing role and user settings. But do take a look through the new list of permissions to fine tune the roles if necessary.

If you buy and sell stuff, this one's for you

If you use AccountRight Standard or Plus, take a look at the improvements we've made to the inventory features. We've also added more inventory reports that you'll recognise if you've upgraded from a classic AccountRight version. 

Record item sales and purchases, quick as a flash

Sales and purchases that have inventory items (those you track on-hand quantities for) now record twice as fast. So whether you're using AccountRight at your point-of-sale, on the road, or have a stack of lengthy invoices and bills to enter, you'll really notice the time savings.

And there are great time savings to be had when importing sale and purchase data from another AccountRight file or another application. You can also import sales and purchases that have 10 lines or more, so import lines to your heart's content.

Inventory reports get some love

Whether you have a warehouse or a garage full of stuff you sell, it's important to know what's in stock and what's being bought and sold. So in this release we've focussed on speeding up the inventory reports you rely on, and adding a few more that will help you analyse your inventory even better.

Purchases (Item Summary)

For each item, see who you purchased items from, and the quantities purchased.

Purchases [Item Summary]

Price Analysis

See your item gross profits, margins and markups. You can sort the report to identify your most and least profitable items.

Price Analysis

Analyse Purchases (Item Multi-Period)

Export this report to Excel to analyse what you bought (quantities or dollar values) over several months.

report_AnalysePurchasesItemMultiPeriod.png

Analyse Sales (Item Multi-Period)

Another great report to send to Excel—analyse what you sold (quantities or dollar values) over several months.

Analyse Sales [Item Multi-Period]

Lower-maintenance AccountRight

We've had a great response to the 2014.1 AccountRight installer for PCs. The time savings have been significant, and only a few issues were reported. In 2014.2 we fixed a few things that made it tricky for some people to update. For example, we've put more checks in the system, so updating networked computers, and managing different company file versions on a network, will be easier.

We've also improved the AccountRight Server Edition installer. It's really speedy, and just like the PC Edition, with the one installer you can open and create AccountRight Basics, Standard and Plus files for Australia and New Zealand (but of course you can only activate files you're licensed to use).

Get the update

The 2014.2 update is being rolled out over the next few days to all clients who have an MYOB AccountRight Live, Cover or BusinesSUPPORT membership. Here's how you can get it:

If you're in Australia and use:

• AccountRight 2013.2 or later: You'll see the prompt to update when you open your company file.
  • AccountRight 2011 to AccountRight 2013.1: Go to Start > Software Updates. Haven't registered for software updates? See Support Note 32270.
  • AccountRight v19 or earlier: Learn how to download the update.

If you encounter any problems downloading your update, you can access it from my.myob.com.au.

If you're in New Zealand and use:

• AccountRight 2013.3: You'll see the prompt to update when you open your company file.

• AccountRight 2011 to AccountRight 2013.2: Go to Start > Software Updates. Haven't registered for software updates? See Support Note 32270.

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Learn how to download the update.

If you encounter any problems downloading your update, you can access it from my.myob.co.nz.

57 Comments
GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @John_W 

Are the release notes and the installation guide available for this version? Is it correct that this version supports AccountRight Premier without multi-currency enabled?

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi GDK,

We're in the final stages of preparing the new MYOB Premier. Stay tuned, we'll certainly be making an announcement when it's ready to go. And when we do, you'll get all the instructions you need.

If you want to find out what's new in the new AccountRight, take a look at our interactive tool. Click here (Australia) or here (New Zealand).  

Regards

John

BorisYeltsin
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi John,

I see on the release notes only Win7 and 8 are supported.

Why is Vista not supported? We have XP machines that are due an upgrade anyway, but we have another 2 boxes we use for invoicing and accounts that run Vista, which is still a supported operating system, and is incredibly similar in its architecture to Win7.

I am somewhat hacked off we need to purchase 4 boxes / Win licenses instead of just the 2 I was planning on.

Also as an aside to anyone upgrading to this version I recommend downloading the upgrade from my.myob and installing it manually. The install button within the program itself caused me a world of hurt last time.

Cheers, Toby.

Edit: Also you recommend an i5?! I'm doing the invoices and accounts, not playing battlefield 4. Why does your software need an i5?

BorisYeltsin
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Jason,

I see you take the time to remove the mildest word I could think of to express my annoyance instead of replying to any of my points. Keeping your boards nice and sanitised is obviously a higher priority than addressing customers concerns I take it.

How about adressing my points please.

Cheers, Toby.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BorisYeltsin 

Please refrain from similiar language in future - we do enforce our rules of participation to ensure the Community Forum is a friendly and welcoming place for all.

I have asked one of the team to respond to your post as soon as possible.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Toby @BorisYeltsin 

Bit of a rambling reply but I hope it helps.

Yes, Microsoft still supports Windows Vista, however, they only offer “Extended Support” (ending in 2017). In April 2012 they stopped “Mainstream Support” for Vista. In Plain English, this means that Vista will continue to receive security updates (patches to fix bugs and plug security holes), but it won’t receive operating system enhancements and design changes. Software that relies on operating system enhancements to deliver improved functionality may not work on these operating systems. Some of the changes we’ve made to our installer means that AccountRight no longer works with XP or Vista. You may have noticed that Microsoft Office 2013 also doesn’t work with Vista.

You can find information about Microsoft’s lifecycle support here

With regard to needing to upgrade your hardware, I’ve found that computers that can run Vista can also run Windows 7. As for needing an i5 processor, it’s only a recommendation, not a requirement. We recommend it as we know there are times when running a faster processor will be beneficial. Business often have many apps running at the same time, like Outlook and other business software, or use their computer as a server. If you’re only running AccountRight I’m sure you'll get away with lower specifications.

Regards

John

hph
2 Posts
Cover User

I have just tried installing 2014.2 and we have MYOB on a network and I've installed the PC version instead of the server version on the main computer MYOB is saved on and now when I've tried to access the upgraded company file on my laptop it comes up with 'the server your connecting to doesn't have the version installed'

The computer that MYOB is stored on can open the upgraded company files fine, its just now when I try from my laptop after installed 2014.2 it won't let me and keeps coming up with the server problem window.

How do i go about rectifying this??

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

@hph

As you've installed the PC Edition on your server, you should uninstall it and then install the Server Edition. To get the Server Edition, log into my.MYOB > My Products > Downloads and choose your product. Select the AccountRight 2014.2 Server Installer, download and install it.

AccountRight will remember the edition running on your computer and install that edition when an update is available. The key though, is that you need to install from the Update message that appears when you open AccountRight. 

Regards,

John

CatSigma
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have a networked PC and our datafile sits on a server, if I click the UPDATE button from my command centre will it download the "server" version of the the product? I am using 2014.1.

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Cat2013 

That's correct. If you're running the Server Edition on your computer, when you update, AccountRight 2014.2 Server Edtion will be installed.  

Regards,

John

MarkyMark
1 Post
Cover User

The 'in application' upgrade of 2014.1 was a learning experience for me!

I learnt that the installer deleted all my carefully backed up BASLink files, and the set-up template. I didn't discover this until I tried to run BASLink - some time after the upgrade. I learned that Microsoft backup - hadn't.  Or, if it had it had deleted the older versions before I noticed. Thank goodness for Drive HQ - and 20 versions, so I was able to recover my nine years worth.

This time I'll be watching those files like a hawk!

IllawarraFor
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

While trying to upgrade from 2014.1 to 2014.2 the upgrade stalls and doesnt load the new version.

I cannot waste 30 min to 45 mins waiting for the upgrade to load and then when I try to contact your customer service line, wait on hold for another 30 mins (with no answer) I tried to send an email and your customer service site is undergoing maintenance.

Very frustrating.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @IllawarraFor 

Sorry about the difficulty you've had upgrading your software. Have you tried to uninstall 2014.1 and do a full install of 2014.2? You will find the full install in your downloads section of my.myob. Please let us know how you go - we are happy to assist.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it an invaluable resource for getting the most from your software.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MarkyMark,

A very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues with your saved BASlink information since your recent upgrade.

One of the tasks involved in the upgrade process is to import your BAS setup information into the upgraded company file. 

I have included a link to our upgrade Instructions that has step by step instructions on the process. 

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience caused by this. 

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

BoostCairns
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I am disappointed to see the customer card list, Selling Deatils tab has been removed from Account Right Basics in the current upgrade.

I have been utilising the MYOB app on my iphone and it has been great, however now that the option to set the default "printed form" to my customised template has been removed I can no longer use this feature as my customised form cannot be selected anymore.

This causes great issues for me as I am using a Windows 8 64bit PC and cannot send my invoices directly from the Account right software through my email system due to compatability problems. I now have to resort back to printing to PDF then going to my email program and attaching.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BoostCairns 

The removal of the 'Selling Details' tab for AccountRight Basics was unintentional. The information that was previously entered for customers is still there.

A different way to set the customised form to be the default form is through Sales > Print/Email Invoices > Advanced Filters and select the custom form in the Selected Form for Sale dropdown.

If that hasn't worked for you and you still need access to the Selling details tab the only thing to do is to go back to using 2014.1 until 2014.3 is released.

This support note can take you through the steps to change back to 2014.1

AccountRight Basics 2014.2 "Selling Details" tab missing from customer cards

I apologise for the inconvenience.

CharlesBigyew
4 Posts
User

Hi There,

I'm getting the notice that "an update is available". When I click on the 'update now' button, I'm prompted to backup. After I backup, I get put back to the login screen. After I login the "an update is available" notice is shown again, and I start the whole proces over again. I've been on that loop for 1/2 an hour so far.

A little help?

CB

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CharlesBigyew 

That sounds frustrating! As an alternative, you can login to my.myob and download the update.

Let us know if you have any further difficulty, we're happy to help. Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a fantastic resource.

Jason Hill
Community Manager

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi @CharlesBigyew,

As Jason points out you can get the update from my.MYOB. Or, you could try skipping the backup step. You've just made a backup, there's no need to make another copy. 

Why is it happening? To install the update, we need to close AccountRight. As you've got the Prompt for Backup when Closing AccountRight preference selected, a prompt appears each time you start the update. Unfortunately, making a backup stops the update from proceeding. Agree that it seems odd! 

Regards,

John

CharlesBigyew
4 Posts
User

Cheers to John and Jason,

I had been closing MYOB after each failed attempt to update but it made no difference.  Did a full system shutdown, went for a coffee, and it updated on restart.

YAY COFFEE!!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Coffee... is there anything it can't do?

Thanks for letting us know @CharlesBigyew. Give us a shout if you ever need anything.

Jason Hill
Community Manager

IllawarraFor
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, I took your advice and had our IT people delete version 2014.1 and do a new install of the 2014.2 from the download in our MYOB account and it still gets stuck at the same point.

We are trying to download to a terminal server.

Do you have any other ideas we could try?

Trish

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @IllawarraFor 

The terminal server environment sounds like the sticking point in your case. Suja has posted a workaround here. Please let us know how you go.

Jason Hill
Community Manager

IllawarraFor
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Jason,

thank you that solution has worked.

regards

Trish

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Brilliant, thanks for letting us know Trish (@IllawarraFor). Glad we could help you to get it sorted.

Please give us a shout if you need any further assistance.

Jason Hill
Community Manager

BM1977
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I have been having constant disconnection problems (up to10 per day) since the new update, which always seems to happen after I have entered all my data. All my other programmes running in the background are connected throughout the day.

This has not happened prior to the update.

Is this happening to anyone else?

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @BM1977, 

Have you excluded MYOB from the virus scan?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BM1977 

Further to Jennie's excellent suggestion, please check out the section on Antivirus exclusions in the following Support Note - New AccountRight running slow

Please let us know how you go.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

melslade
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

After upgrading from version 19 to 2014.2 I no longer have any of my customised forms. Can you please tell me how to get these back as a lot of work went into getting them perfect and I am loathe to start all over again?

melslade
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Never mind I eventually figured it out but the information was quite hard to find. Perhaps you could make it more prominent

LeisaSch
5 Posts
Cover User

Just adding my experience to this thread - I also had the issue of the upgrade through my server software not actually upgrading. So I went into MyMYOB and did the upgrade that comes up as available. Ofcourse, after some major stuffing around and time wasting I finally figured out I had to go further into MyMYOB and find and install the server version update rather than the PC version update that pops up initally. If it had updated through the software like it was suppose to it would have saved so much hassle. Really frustrated and the amount of issues we've had since you've gone to Account Live, 2014 etc. I really hope it gets sorted out.

Plus I have to agree with the user who has expressed their frustration and having to wait for 40 minutes to get through to phone support. What a joke! Is that what I pay a monthly subscription for? Not good enough! 

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi melslade

Sorry we made it so hard! Good feedback for my team. 

For others experiencing the same problem, watch this video or follow these instructions to learn about some things you may need to do after moving to the new AccountRight. (Note that if you've upgraded using our brand new online tool--the one that does all the work for you--watch this video).  

The good news is that after you move to new AccountRight, you no longer need to upgrade forms as they're  stored inside your compnay file (this also means they can be shared by all users wherever they are). 

Regards,

John

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LeisaSch 

Welcome to the Community Forum and many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I will share your comments about the difficulty you had upgrading with the rest of our team. We do want to make the process easier for you. 

Apologies for any difficulty you've had recently with accessing support. We are in the process of training and recruiting dozens of new team members in support so we trust next time you need us you will notice a significant improvement.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

LeisaSch
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately we are continuing to have problems this morning. We have 14.2 installed on the server and laptop/pc that my bookeeper uses. The laptop with the PC version on it just keeps getting kicked out, freezing up, going slow etc. We are obviously not using Accounts Live.

Also, the PC version saying there is another update available but my Server version isn't and there isn't another further updates available through MyMYOB. 

We are just so sick of this and wasting so much time and money. 

Leisa

LeisaSch
5 Posts
Cover User

Now the PC version isn't saying there is an update available so scrap that. 

LeisaSch
5 Posts
Cover User

My PC version computer is still getting kicked off the server consistently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LeisaSch 

Sorry to see you are still having problems. I will ask one of the team to get in touch.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LeisaSch,

Further to Jason's response to your post I understand that our Installation specialists have tried to contact you on numerous occasions.

Could you please let us know if you continue to have issues with the software and would like one of us to contact you.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support  

Glenn
Experienced Partner
39 Posts
Experienced Partner

when is AR Plus 2014.2 going to be released?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Glenn 

AccountRight Plus 2014.2 is now available. It was released a couple of weeks ago. Please let us know if you need any assistance obtaining the software.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

LeisaSch
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi Suja,

I appreciate that one of your consultants Mark has made several attempts to contact me. Unfortunately, my mobile reception here is a bit hit and miss, plus I only work part time and spend the rest of my time chasing two young boys around. So I don't always hear my phone and can be hard to catch. It would have been great if I was just able to call the consultant back to discuss the issue but it must be your policy for them not to leave contact details. I think we have it sorted as it seems to be working so hoping it continues to do so.

Regards,

Leisa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LeisaSch 

Our technical support team don't have a direct dial number due to the fact that we are generally an inbound call centre and the relevant rep would more than likely be on a call with another client. 

You mentioned that you have seemed to solve the problem which is great to hear. If you do have any further enquires do not hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again. 

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Not a good look. I have a bug in 2014.2 and this is what live chat says....

NotAGoodLook.png

On this support forum MYOB told us on two occasions within the past month / two that they had a heap more support people coming on board, well to me it doesn't appear to have happened. Even before I started using MYOB I had major problems contacting support to ask questions and they have only continued. Every time I have used live chat I have had to wait at least 30 minutes sometimes up to an hour. Ringing is a waste of time you just get placed in a queue and go no where. So, I'm sitting in the live chat queue and could be waiting hours by the look.

The only reason I chose MYOB was because Xero does not offer the ability to have a local copy of your data and application.

FYI - My dad looked at MYOB but saw a massive amount of people were unhappy with it so he went and brought something else.

I'm just raising this so someone might maybe do something about support wait times.

In 3 months time if I want support I'll have to pay the monthly subscription (6months free support with the license I brought) and like others I'm sure not keen on paying that if we don't get the service we are paying for.

Sorry to sound annoyed but for a massive organisation this is rather unacceptable and this is a very fast way to lose customers to the likes of Xero and others.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81 

Sorry for the wait. We do have significant demand for support at the moment following the release of the Premier version of the new AccountRight, but we understand your time is very valuable and want to assist as quickly as we can. We have been busy recruiting and training dozens of new support team members and are confident they will make a huge difference. It is a process that takes weeks and months as we want to ensure we get the best talent and ensure they fully trained to assist you, but by the end of June we will have 60 additional support staff on phones and LiveChat that have joined us since April.

I see Jon is now assisting you on LiveChat. Please let us know if you need anything further.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager 

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello @JasonHill 

EDIT: This link shows that it is what is recommended (and in fact there is no other way to delete a line)

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-Insert-Delete-rows-in-Spend-Recei...

Right, it seems, that on the enter purchases screen you must choose right click and then delete line on the line you want to delete NOT delete out the account number and expect that to work.

The record journal screen still does not have the option to delete a line it only has the option to delete the entire journal so we are still forced to use the above method of deleting out the account number in order to remove an un-wanted line in journals.

It is a very bad practice for users to have to do this and leads to allsorts of difficulties like I have struck today which left me unable to do anything more until I could contact live support - something I've only just had time to do.

Please can you also get onto the development team about this. LIke I just said to Jon, it has been on the feature request list for a long time but becuase not many people have voted for it (probably because they haven't seen it) nothing has happened and is never likely to.  It seriously is only approx a 2 minute job. I am a custom software developer myself so I know roughly how easy it is to do something.

Jon and I spent probably nearly an hour on live chat only to find that this bad practice was not usable on this screen and that I should have been using delete line (which I never had looked for because of that post). If something doesn't work on one screen it seems to not work on another from my experience.

Thank you.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the update, @Kelly81

You are right in that the Banking >> Spend Money / Receive Money and Accounts >> General Journal transactions do not currently have an option to simply Delete a line. You have to delete the account and move away from the line before the system allows you to save the transaction. This as you've noticed is a fairly popular request on our Idea Exchange board, and we hope our developers are able to change this in a future release.

As for the Sales and Purchases window, it has always been possible to use the Edit >> Delete Line or Right click on the line and Delete Line option.

I understand it would be ideal if all of the windows had similar (Delete Line) options. I have passed on your feedback to our developers for consideration. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

technoicon
2 Posts
User

Installation doesn't work when you have redirected my documents.

you will receive an error like this:

could not access network location: \\server\redirectedfolder\username\my documents

If you change the registry key to a local folder, installation works.  Steps below.

Start, Run, regedit

open key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Open "personal" Key, save a copy of the current setting.

Change "personal" key to something like: c:\users\username\documents

run the install.

change registry key back to what it was.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Hi,

Is there a "normal" amount of time, or time frame that upgrading your company file from V19 to 2014.2 should take? I am using the Server edition.

My company file is 420Mb. It has been going for almost 3 hours. Does that sound right? Is there any indication how long it may still be?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

I REALLY wish there was some indication that migrating the company file may take MANY MANY hours.

It has been going for 4 hours now. It has been progressing through various stages, staying on things to do with transactions for more than 45mins each, but i guess at least it's not erroring out now which is a good thing...

If i had have known it would take this long though, we would have done the upgrade in the afternoon and left it run overnight instead of bringing the company to a standstill all day...

It would also be good if there was some sort of "time left" or "overall progress" bar/indication so we know how far through the process it is. Even a list of processes that get completed in the upgrade so you can locate the current one it is working on and see what else is left. ANYTHING to give an indication of how much is left to go.

If you have that info, it is currently on "Processing Cash Transactions". Can you tell me what else is left?

Thanks.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Aaronp,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree, it would be great to have an indicator / tracker showing the upgrade progress.  

I've passed it on to our developers for consideration in a future update. 

As for your file, it does appear that being a fairly large file (420MB) it may take some time (sorry we really are unable to give an estimate on how long) for it to complete the process. The stage that its currently at 'Processing Cash Transactions' is basically the process of upgrading all of the actual (financial / cash) transactions in the file. This is generally the bulk of the upgrade process. 

Generally we recommend Optimising your company file in v19 to bring across an optimised copy of your file. Also other things to consider would be to ensure that the process is not done across a network (file and program are both being access locally) and that you do not have any other programs running in the background during this process. 

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support