John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

If you’ve simplified your bookkeeping with bank feeds, there’s lots in this release for you to get excited about. It’s also easier to find transactions, order stock, and manage trusts and partnerships.

A big update to bank feeds

Bank feeds (free with your AccountRight subscription) have revolutionised the way Australian and New Zealand businesses keep their books up to date. Take a look at these five big improvements that make approving and reconciling transactions even easier and faster:

Approve everything with one click

If you’re happy with how AccountRight has matched transactions or applied rules, you can now approve all the suggestions with one click.

Approve all bank feed matches

Faster one-by-one approvals

Prefer to approve transaction matches one by one? You can now click your way through the list without having to wait for each approval to finish processing.

The Match column is now sortable

It’s now easier to see what’s left to approve. Click the Match column header and all unmatched transactions that are awaiting approval will appear at the top of the list.

Set up bill payment rules

[Not available in AccountRight Basics] You can now automatically match bill payments that come through your bank feed to the right supplier. With bill rules, payments can be matched to a supplier based on the transaction’s bank statement description.

Bill rules

Reconciling’s never been easier

The Bank Feeds window now shows you the latest statement balance provided by your bank (most banks support this). And if you click the new Reconcile button in the Bank Feeds window, the statement’s closing balance and date will be brought across to the Reconcile Accounts window, making it easier to finish off reconciling your account. See it in action below!

Find transactions faster

The new Search field in the Bank Register makes it easier to track down a payment or receipt. Enter all or part of a cheque number, card name, dollar value, memo or date and your list will be filtered to match your criteria.

Bank Register search

And in the To Do List you can also search from any tab, so it’s easier to find recurring transactions, invoices and bills that are due, and the orders you need to process.

Handle profit/loss distributions

Managing profit/loss distributions to partners or beneficiaries was a little fiddly in previous AccountRight versions. Now you just let AccountRight know each person’s profit percentage (go to Setup menu > Profit/Loss Distribution) and everything will be taken care of for you. Learn about setting up profit distributions.

Profit/Loss distributions

The current year’s profits or losses are distributed to each person’s Current Year Earnings account in real time. When closing the financial year, the amounts are transferred to their Retained Earnings accounts automatically.

Easily order stock you’re running out of

[Not available in AccountRight Basics] Here’s a bunch of great improvements to the Stock Alert feature (To Do List > Stock Alert tab) that make it easier to order and build what you need:

• Each item’s primary supplier is listed. If no supplier has been selected you can easily add one. This lets you create an order quickly from the To Do List.

• Enter a supplier’s name in the new Search field to see all the items that need ordering from them. With a couple of clicks you can add the items to a single order and send it off.

• All column quantities now display decimal places.

• When ordering items for a single supplier and clicking Order/Build, you’ll see a preview of the order, where previously it would have recorded without being able to review it.

To Do List > Stock Alert

Faster and more stable

With every update, we fix as many bugs and performance issues as we can. Here’s what we fixed in this release:

Performance

• If your contact log entries are recorded for each transaction you enter, some of your cards might have hundreds of entries recorded in their log. In this release you’ll notice speed improvements when selecting these cards in a transaction, and when displaying the Card Information window.
  • It now takes less time to delete a transaction when working in large company files.
  • Company files up to 1.3GB can now be uploaded into the cloud.

Recurring transactions

• Recurring transactions scheduled to record automatically will do so, no matter which user logs in to AccountRight. Previously a recurring transaction would only record automatically when the user who was to be notified logged in.
  • An issue where monthly recurring transactions showed incorrect due dates was resolved.

Time billing

• You can filter the Multiple Activity Slips window to a date range. Previously all activity slips entered for a supplier or employee would be listed, which slowed things down.
  • In the Prepare Time Billing Invoice window, you can select the activity slips you want to include on the client’s invoice. Previously all WIP activities would appear on a client’s invoice, whether there was an amount in the Bill column or not.
  • Rounding issues that caused clients without WIP activities to appear in the Time Billing Customers window (Time Billing command centre > Prepare Time Billing Invoice) have been resolved. Previously some clients who had been fully invoiced would appear in the list with just a few cents of WIP outstanding.
  • If while preparing a time billing invoice you would change its status to a quote, a crash would occur when you later attempted to convert it to an invoice. This has been fixed.

Reports

• Producing reports at more or less than 100% scaling would cause some report lines to be hidden when spanning multiple pages. This has been resolved.
  • When entering dates into the report filter, the date will now be applied by default to subsequent reports you produce in that session.
  • Issues causing the Aged Payables report to show different totals to the Payables Reconciliation report have been resolved.

Setup

• If the Warn for Duplicate Invoice Numbers on Recorded Sales option is selected, you’ll now also be warned if a number has been assigned to an order.
  • [Australia] The default No ABN/TFN tax rate for new company files has been updated to 49% (up from 46.5%, this new rate is effective from 1 July 2014). Tax code rates in existing company files will not be updated automatically. See Support Note 9484 for information about updating this tax rate.

Importing

• When importing account budgets, you’ll now see a warning if an account you’re importing information for isn’t in the accounts list.
  • Rounding issues that caused some sales and purchases not to import successfully have been resolved.

Get the update

This update is rolling out to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days. If you’re using AccountRight 2013.1 or later (Australia), or 2013.2 or later (NZ), you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.au or my.myob.co.nz .

Using an older AccountRight version? Visit the AccountRight Upgrades and Updates page on the MYOB website to download the latest version: (AU | NZ).

46 Comments
GazzaA
Experienced Cover User
69 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is good to see MYOB continue to make improvements with each upgrade but it is also extremely disappointing that some of the basic flaws which have been outstanding for more than 2 years are STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!

You announce you have corrected two issues with Recurring Transactions, however ignore the basic issue which has been highlighted at least two years ago that returns a ValidationException Error when attempting the edit a Recurring Sales Transaction which includes a Job Code.

The work around is to change the Preferences setting to remove the check for a Job Code, edit the transaction & then go back into the Preferences to turn the Job Code back on.

This frustrating & very time consuming.

WHY CAN'T THIS BE FIXED. I HAVE BEEN RAISING THIS ISSUE WITH EVERY NEW UPGRADE WITH NO ONE DOING ANYTHING. ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME YOU FIXED THIS AND OTHER BASIC FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES INSTEAD OF ADDING NEW BELLS & WHISTLES.  GET THE BASICS RIGHT FIRST PLEASE!!!!!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GazzaA 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight 2014.4 update. I am sorry to hear that you are still getting that error.  There are a variety of fixes for a bunch of bugs and performance issues relating to the AccountRight 2014.4.  These fixes have been implemented are above in the "Faster and more stable" section.

The development team are currently still investigating and attempting to implement a variety of fixes (including ValidationException errors) to the AccountRight program to correct known issues in the program with future releases planned to correct those.

jimmywr
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

Hi,

this is all nice but what about us, the users that can't make use of any of these functions becuase we use AR Permier 19.10, and MPowered  ect? we are still stuck with no clould services. the relase date keeps getting pushed back, now i am told some time in 2015 at the earliest. whats our MYOB support fee for a once a year tax update for  $1000? 

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Does the new release now provide Multiple Currency support for the Live version ? We are waiting for multiple curremcy functionality before we can change from local disk to online Live accounting.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

The AccountRight 2014.4 update does not include the release of multi currency. Its still something that the development team are implementing in the software with a future release. 

stoops
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

What about being able to email an invoice with out haveing to print it to get a packing slip ..... could do it 2 versions ago but still can't . Talk abut wasting paper.....

jimmywr
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

Hi Steve_M

with multi currency, you say a later release, i've been told by your sales team not untill mid 2015 if we are lucky, is this the case? if so, can we have a SQL version to run locally? it takes ages for the database to index and search

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @jimmywr 

We currently don't have a estimated release date as yet. As you can imagine multi-currency is a complex feature and does take a lot of coding to add it into the program. I haven't heard of mid 2015 being a timeframe however it is being working on by the development team.

AccountRight 2014.4 which is a SQL version which you can have a company file saved locally or online if required. However if you are have used multi-currency in the company file with AccountRight Premier version 19 or AccountRight Enterprise the company file will not migrate to AccountRight 2014.4 due to the multiple currencies.

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi

I have installed AccountRight 2014.4 Server Edition.

None of the help functions are working such as "help for this window", "learning Centre", "search".

"http://help.myob.co.nz/ar2014/searchhelp.htm" is coming up with error message "This web page is not available"

Other websites are working.

http://help.myob.com.au/ works

What is correct help link for AccountRight 2014.4 NZ version?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GDK

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with help.myob.co.nz. All hands are on deck, and our experts reckon it should be back within the next hour. In the meantime, please continue to use the help.myob.com.au site.

UPDATE 2:15pm AEST: The help.myob.co.nz is alive again (took a little longer than expected), but some might still have problems accessing the site. This should all be resolved overnight. Thanks again for your patience! :-)

Steve

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @stoops 

The printing of packing slips without printing an invoice is actually something that we are still investigating and looking into and not addressed in the AccountRight 2014.4 version. In saying that has be you thought about using a PDF printer to print the Invoice - this would allow you to "print" the invoice without using up paper so that it can generate the packing slip?

Wellfix
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi - Im happy with functionality of myob, and its great you re following through with upgrades...but my disappointment stems from something a bit more basic....

Will anything ever be done to increase the font size on the screen???

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

In my installation of AccountRight 2014.4 Server NZ Edition, there are no sample files installed for NZ.

I have followed the support note Performing a clean reinstallation of AccountRight 2011 and later and also looked at support note Where are the "Clearwater" sample company files for AccountRight 2014.1?

Could someone at MYOB me send a private message with the Clearwater NZ sample files for AccountRight 2014.4?

Thanks

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Wellfix 

I'm glad to see you like the functionality.

With the font sizes, one option is to change the Windows display to 125%

This Support Note can take you through the settings.

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9207

I also encourage you to add your vote to this Idea Exchange post by clicking the +vote icon.

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/small-fonts-amp-window-sizing/idi-p/80225

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GDK 

I have sent you an email with the samples files attached to it.

Wellfix
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @Emile 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes I have tried that, and also the other suggestions mentioned on the forum and all to no avail.

I have voted and also put in an idea myself previously. I will click and vote on this link also.

I actually cant believe that something as important as font size has never been fixed or looked at. Is it on the radar at myob? all these other fancy upgrades and all i want is a bigger font!!

Thanks anyway

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @Emile 

Thank you for your quick reply

I have received the email

Thanks

DesM
5 Posts
Cover User

Can we upgrade to 2014.4 yet if we are using MPowered Services?

OH_MY
4 Posts
Cover User

I have 2 issue with 2014.4

1.  The fact that I have to go around the world to print a packing slip or else waste ridiculousamounts of paper.

2.  Unable to sync. It started off ok. Auto sync was working till this afternoon. No it's not working at all.

Please rectify it.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Wellfix

Thanks for your feedback I've passed it on to the relevant team on your behalf.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DesM 

Currently AccountRight 2014.4 doesn't have the inclusion of M-Powered Services. however it does have some replacement features such as bank feeds instead of M-Powered Bank Statements, Pay Super instead of M-Powered Super and while it does do M-Powered Invoices you do have to apply the payment manually in the software. However we are still looking into way to incorporate M-Powered Payments into the software.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @OH_MY 

As mentioned above we are currently looking into the printing of packing slips for future versions of the software. You can also print a packing slip via Sales>>Print/Email Invoices>>Selecting the Sales type to be Packing Slip (<layout>) and selecting the relevant one to the print then selecting print.

In regards to the automated syncing of the company file I would recommend taking a look at Support Note: Synchronising an online AccountRight company file in particular the Troubleshooting synchronisation section. it does mention to delete the synced.myox  and myInk file I would just copy these out of the folder rather than deleting them.

KatieBLoft
3 Posts
Cover User

I have just performed the upgrade to 2014.4 - my confusion is threre are now 2 account right icons on my desktop - the previous version and the upgraded version - am I to delete the 2014.3? Thanks for the help

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KatieBLoft 

As you have noticed, installing a new version of the software doesn't automatically remove the old versions.

You can uninstall the old version by going to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Highlight the version you want to uninstall and click uninstall.

Cristys
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Does this update take a really long time? or has it stalled? - it's been at 40% for about 20 min.

Should I cancel and start again or will that cause problems?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Cristys

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of information.

Generally the update process should take about 10 -15 minutes at the most. it does depend a whole variety of factors but 10 -15 minutes is a pretty good estimate.

I would suggest cancelling the update and making sure that the program has not been installed in the Program and features section of the Control Panel. If its not installed download the AccountRight 2014.4 via your my.MYOB account. Support Note Downloading updates from my.MYOB will be able to assist in installing that update.

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What is happening with the option to be able to email receipts? Very dissappointed it is not in this update.  If we can email statements, invoices etc surely it is not that big of a change to email receipts.  And yes I tried using PDF printer but it is so time consuming!!

KerryM
8 Posts
Cover User

I was hoping the issue of pages not refreshing with the application of credits, payments or new invoices in both debtors and creditors would have been resolved.  While we've only recently 'upgraded' from Premier 19 to AccountRight I understand this has been an issue for over 10 months. 

This is a fairly significant issue that addresses basic functionality.  ???

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KerryM 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight 2014.4 
The AccountRight 2014.4 was not intended to correct the refreshing of certain windows. This is still something that the development team are looking into for future releases of the software.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @kindy3

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the AccountRight 2014.4 version.

The development team are still investigating the ability to email receipts from the software so that it can be added in a future release.  Currently if you are on AccountRight 2014.4 or earlier to email a receipt you would have to "print" the receipt to a PDF printer and then attach manually to a email to the relevant card.

Helen-Taut-Art
1 Post
Cover User

I know some issues are harder to find the solution for than others. 

However I thought this update AccountRight 2014.4 would have resolved the issue of random credits appearing on the monthly debtor statements that showed up from the 2014.3 update. 

It does not look very professional sending out hand corrected statements, not to mention the extra time spent checking & printing. 

It does not give me confidence in being able to rely on the reports that are generated from the data I put in.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Helen-Taut-Art,

Thank you for your comments. My understanding is that some of the known issues with customer statements showing incorrect information had been fixed in the 2014.4 update. However if you find that some issues persist in your file, could you please post a fresh thread with details (screen shots would be great) of what you are finding. This will help us investigate the matter further. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

pftas
2 Posts
Cover User

I am waiting for the multi-currency fix so that I can upgrade as well but I stopped using multi-currency years ago.  Is there a way to clear out the multi-currency so that MYOB will allow me to upgrade and NOT use multi-currency. I have tried removing it but you can't.

Rob Douglas

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @pftas 

Unfortunately there isn't a way to clear multi-currency preference from your file. To move over to the new platform at this stage, you would need to start a new file. If you did choose to do this, you could import some data from your existing file using the import/export function. For instance you could import customer and supplier cards as well as your item list.

Regards

Liam
MYOB Support

Greer26
1 Post
Cover User

Hi 

In one of my previous support chats, tech mentioned there was a minimum OS requirement for the next upgrade - I presume this one?   Please can you confirm.

Thanks

Greer

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Greer26 

AccountRight 2014.4 is supported on Windows XP if you are using the AccountRight 2014.4 Server Edition. As the support for Windows XP has stopped from Microsoft, we can't guarantee that later versions of AccountRight Live will work on Windows XP.

If you are on Windows XP, I would recommend speak to an IT person in regards to upgrading the computer/ operating system to a later operating system Windows 7 or 8 are pretty common these days.

HansenRB
1 Post
Cover User

I have just installed 14.4 and I can log on in the first place fine. Previously when the next screen comes up with "administrator" and asks for a pw - I didn't use to have to enter a pw as for some reason it defaulted to the factory setting - now since 14.4 I have issues where if I just press OK instead of having to use a pw,or if I do use a pw - the message comes up that I have connection issues. My internet connections are working fine. What's happened?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HansenRB

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of information.

I see from your account that you have spoken with the Live Chat Support Team in regards to that error. We had to get the file in for you and upgrade it then place it online for you. If you are still experiencing the error message do let us know we would be happy to look into it further for you.

AllRounders
1 Post
Cover User

Hello

I am currently using account right 2014.4.

I paid nearly $800 for this program in May. Do i also  have to pay to get bank data feeds? And can I give my accountant access to use the cloud and is this free or do I also have to pay a montly fee?

Many Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AllRounders 

Generally speaking when you purchase a new box program of AccountRight Live it will come with a six month free subscription from when you first registered the software with us. This six month subscription does entitle you to register for bank feeds and upload the file to the cloud so others, such as an Accountant, can use it. In your case you do have a free six month subscription which started on 22/06/2014 (when you register the program will us) and which will expire on 19/12/2014. 

Here are some Support Notes to get you going with
Applying for AccountRight bank feeds
Setting up an AccountRight  company file for online access
AccountRight - online user invitations

Please note as bank feeds and cloud access are "Live" features you would need to have an AccountRight subscription. So after those 6 months have expired you would needs to be paying for an AccountRight Live Subscription. An AccountRight Live Subscription ddoesn't exclusively offer live features it offers a range of benefits from Extended Support, upgrades to training options and much more - for a full list please see AccountRight Live Subscription.

lynley
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

what about the WIP button on Time Billing invoices which allows you to switch between the Time Billing invoice and the Prepare Time Billing Window?  Without this you have no way of customising the order of time billing activities on your invoices.  Our company likes to invoice activities in a logical manner so the customer has a clear indication of what has happened on their jobs each day - sometimes the activities are not entered into time billing in this same organised manner so invoices produced without the WIP button would not be as clear for the customer to follow.

Is this likely to be included in an upcoming version?  If not, we are stuck with the classic version, and I fear looking for an alternative.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback @lynley. We appreciate that this is an important feature for you. The 2014.4 update was focused on improving the bank feeds feature and didn't include any changes to time billing.

Unfortunately not all requested changes can be fit into every update. Changes to AccountRight are prioritised based on the popularity of the idea, and the work needed to implement the change. We are committed to continue to improve AccountRight based on customer feedback moving forward.

MBlight
Contributing Cover User
25 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi there,

While this upgrade sounds like a good thing, I must admit I am getting frustrated at the number of updates coming out at the moment.

When an upgrade comes out, three users, and 6 computers need to be upgrade MYOB in our little business.

The icon for the old version remains on the desktop and we have to remember to remove it, log in and check that we are in the new version.

Otherwise one of us is likely to log in to the old version and put data in there, which is wrong.

The whole thing is very confusing for us and needs a lot of supervision and checking on my part.

At the moment it seems that as soon as this is done and we have had a month's clear data entry another update arrives.

I would appreciate it if the update process could remove all links to old files and MYOB versions at least to reduce the amount of inconvenience with these regular updates.

Sorry to complain but this is really causing me headaches.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MBlight 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the installation of updates for AccountRight 2014.

Currently during a install of an update, the new program will not remove the older program from the desktop or uninstall it. This would have to be done by the user after installation if required. 

However I have shared your feedback with the team.

MBlight
Contributing Cover User
25 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks for your reply Steven_M and thank you for sharing this with the MYOB team.

So I am now finally running this upgrade.

It did make a new icon on my desktop for MYOB 2014.4 and also left the one for 2014.3. I know enough now to delete the old icon and open MYOB with the new icon.

It then went ahead and upgraded our MYOB file. It did have an error saying that the internet connection was lost and that MYOB had to close.

So I opened it again, logged in and asked to open the new 2014.4 version of our data file which was now there. So hopefully the upgrade of the file went OK despite the internet connection error.

Now I am getting a message saying Unable to synchronise automatically. And that I have to manually synchronise my file.

Is this a correct message to get? I am now in the file and have hit Sychronise and the process is underway.

As you can see, this is not a smooth process doing a file update!

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Mary

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MBlight 

How did you get on with that sync of the company file? I hope it did its initial sync and you don't get that message again. 

If you do get that sync error I would recommend taking a look at Support Note: Synchronising an online AccountRight file