John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

Announcing the first major release of AccountRight for the year! It’s a big one, with lots of improvements, most of which are thanks to your feedback and suggestions, so keep them coming!

IPM-LEARNING-ICON.png

Watch our trainer, Chris McCormack, demonstrate what’s new in 2015 and recap other recent improvements. Watch our showcase

A smarter way to manage your bills

Not available in AccountRight Basics.

At the 2015 MYOB Roadshow, which kicked off in Melbourne last week, we announced a great new feature for AccountRight, that many have dubbed ‘smart bills’.

In a nutshell, here’s how it works. If you’re working online, you can now also store your supplier invoices securely online and link them to your AccountRight bills.

You drag and drop documents into the AccountRight In Tray, or email them to a special email address and they’ll appear like magic in the In Tray. You can then link the documents to existing bills in your company file, or create a new bill based on the information in the supplier’s invoice.

The In Tray workflow

Things get real smart when you create a new bill. Using advanced OCR technology, we’ll grab what we can from the supplier invoices and fill in the details for you, so you can create bills faster and easier.

So now you can cut down on data entry, reduce paper filing, and keep all your supplier documents nicely organised and easy to find. It also makes it easier to work with your accountant or bookkeeper as they’ll always have the source document to refer to when reviewing your file.

Watch this video to learn more about the smart new way to manage bills in AccountRight.

Simple sign-on

We’ve made some great improvements to the company file sign-on process, so you don’t have to enter two sets of credentials when opening online company files.

When signing on to your online file, you can now choose to link your my.MYOB account to your company file user ID. When you next open the file, the Command Centre will appear automatically - you won’t need to enter a user ID or password.

Simple Signon

We’ve also got a new feature for large accounting practices who assign multiple people in their business to review client files. The new ‘Advisor’ user account helps keep to a minimum the number of logins to set up for each client file, while maintaining maximum security. For help creating an Advisor user, see our ‘Add new company file users’ help page.

[Update 18/2: Note that in the User Access window, you can only enter email addresses that have 35 characters or less. We're working on increasing this limit. If your email address has more than 35 characters, you can link your account by selecting the "Link this User ID to your my.MYOB account" option in the Sign-on window, as shown above ]

Pay Bills.pngConsolidated To Do List bill payments

Not available in AccountRight Basics.

Previously, if you used the Accounts Payable view of the To Do List to pay a few bills, a separate Pay Bill transaction would be recorded for each purchase, even if you were paying the one supplier.

Now when paying several bills for the same supplier, a single Pay Bill transaction will be recorded. This makes it much easier to match up the payment with what appears in your bank feed and statement.

Roll back a closed financial year

For those times where you close a financial year, and then realise you need to record another adjustment for that year, we’ve introduced a great new rollback feature.

You can now roll back the last financial year that you closed, to enter adjustments and new transactions, or to reverse existing transactions.

However, you won’t be able to edit or delete transactions dated in the year you’ve rolled back to.

To roll back the last financial year, go to the File menu > Close a Year > Roll Back a Financial Year. Then when you’re done, you can close the financial year again. Any transactions dated after the year you roll back are not affected.

Roll Back

Speed improvements

In this release, we’ve sped up a couple more popular features of AccountRight.

• If you use recurring transactions, you’ll notice that it’s quick to create a transaction based on a recurring template. And the more lines on a recurring template, the more noticeable the improvement.

• You'll also see significant speed improvements when setting up or editing components in the Auto-Build view of the Item information window. The improvement is especially noticeable if your file is online.

Reports to help you analyse and compare

For AccountRight Standard and Plus, check out these reports that are now available for you:

Purchases

• Analyse Purchases [Supplier - FY Comparison]: Compare this year’s purchase dollars for specific suppliers with the same period in another financial year.

• Analyse Purchases [Supplier Multi-Period]: Review purchase dollars by supplier for multiple periods.

Sales

• (Plus) Analyse Sales [Activity - FY Comparison]: Compare billed activities, units billed, gross profit and per cent margin over two financial years.

• (Plus) Analyse Sales [Activity Multi-Period]: Review activity sales, units sold or cost of sales for multiple periods.

• Analyse Sales [Item - FY Comparison]: Compare item sales, units sold, gross profit and per cent margin over two financial years.

• Analyse Sales [Salesperson - FY Comparison]: Compare sales by salesperson over two financial years.

• Analyse Sales [Salesperson Multi-Period]: Review sales by employee for multiple periods.

Accounts

• Category General Ledger Summary: Review the opening and closing balances of accounts for selected categories over a specified period. See the total debits, credits, and net activity.

• Job History: Review income, cost and expenses for each job for the current and previous financial years.

Inventory

• Price List Detail: Review the pricing information for each item.

(Plus) Time Billing

• Productivity Hourly Summary: Review activity slip information by employee and supplier for a period range.

(Australia only) Improved superannuation reporting

The Superannuation Payment by Fund and Superannuation Payment by Employee reports in AccountRight Plus and Premier now list Pay Super payments, so you can now see all the superannuation payments you’ve made electronically in two easy to read reports.

More improvements and bug fixes

And finally, here’s our list of fixes and workflow improvements for this release:

Sales

• (Plus and Premier) When converting an activity slip to a time billing invoice, you can now choose to record the sale as a quote.

• If a sale includes backordered items, these items won’t be included in the list of delivered items on the form, so it’s clearer for you and your customers to see which items are delivered, and which are still on order.

• Unit prices on printed invoice forms now display the same number of decimal places (up to 4) as what’s entered in the Sales window in AccountRight.

Reports

• When emailing a report, selecting a card will now display the email address that’s been entered in the card.

• (Australia only) An issue where the Profit & Loss [Cash] report would not display the correct Cost of Sales amounts if the Small Business Entity Concession date was prior to the report’s From date has been resolved.

• The Receivables with Tax report now displays any payments that are applied to the original order.

• Job budget reports now display accounts that have a $0 budget amount. Previously the reports would not display accounts that had a $0 budget, even if transactions were recorded for the account over the period.

• Previously, freight-only sales would cause the Receivables Reconciliation report to display an Out of Balance amount. This has been fixed.

Cards

• Inactive cards no longer appear in selection lists for the following windows: Enter Sales, Enter Purchases, Receive Payments, Print/Email Invoice > Advanced Filters, Print/Email Statement > Advanced Filters.

• When creating a card using the Easy Add feature in the Sales or Purchases window, the layout that’s displayed at the time will become the default layout for the card. For example, if you add a card while in an item sale window, the Item layout will be the default layout set for the customer.

Banking

• The calculator in the Spend Money window now always rounds to 2 decimal places, avoiding rounding errors.

• You can now update the invoice delivery status of a transaction (eg, To Be Printed, To Be Emailed) after it has been included in an electronic payment file.

• When using the advanced search feature (by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F) in the Bank Feeds window, the search fields now display correctly.

How to get the update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days:

• If you’re using AccountRight 2014 or 2013, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.

• If you’re using AccountRight 2012 or AccountRight v19, visit the AccountRight Upgrades and Updates page to download the latest version: (AU | NZ).

Using Windows XP or Server 2003? AccountRight 2015.1 comes with the latest Microsoft .NET Framework software, which isn’t compatible with Windows XP or Server 2003. This means both the PC and Server Editions of AccountRight 2015.1 won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003. We recommend Windows 7 or later for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

70 Comments
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @John_W ,

It appears that the MYOB "paperless office" concept of the AccountRight Intray is only available as long as the business maintains their Live Cover for a perpetual license or Live Subscription.

What happens if say the business is sold or is no longer is a trading entity for any reason; what happens to all its supplier documents that were nicely organised and easy to find?

From what I can determine from that Blog they will no longer exist for the business.  That would be a counter productive situation especially in view of common statuatory requirements.

Can you please clarify?

davidjones
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User

Can we have a Change-Log, please...?

TTransport
3 Posts
Cover User

Is there any plans to add to sales invoices the document 'in tray' like you have just added for purchases?

pH
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Upgrade did not "take"on my system???

MBlight
Contributing Cover User
25 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi there,

I installed the new version 2015.1

Now I am having a problem with updating my datafile

When I go to open the file after loggin in online the system asks me if I want to upgrade the datafile.

When I say yes I get the following error message:

Connection error

This taks can't be completed due to an issue with your network or internet connection. Please check your connection and try again later.

AccountRight must now close.

So there is not a problem with my internet connection. Everything else gmail etc works fine.

Any ideas why this is really happening?

The file opens fine on 2014.4 by the way. Again pointing to it not really being a connection issue.

Thanks for any replies!

Mary

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @TonyLane,

That's an excellent question you've asked there.

Unfortunately, if a company were no longer trading or the company file taken offline, none of the users will have access to any of the documents that have been uploaded to In Tray.

As such, if this situation were to arise for any reason, the documents will have to be downloaded and a local copy saved onto your computer.

Hope that clears things up, and please feel free to post if you have any further queries.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @davidjones,

By change log, I presume you are referring to the v2015.1 release notes, is that correct?

If so, the reason there isn't one provided is because the AccountRight Blog is now the official platform we use to communicate with clients information regarding updates.

Please do note that clients are notified of all changes made in updates and releases through this channel - and as such, it essentially acts as release notes.

I hope this answers your question, and please do feel free to post again should you have any other enquiries.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @TTransport,

The reason why In Tray has been added as a feature of Purchases is because the document you are uploading is not generated by our program, but is rather a bill that has been sent to you.

Sales invoices, on the otherhand, would be generated within AccountRight, hence you would technically already have the same exact copy in your company file.

However, we do understand that in certain circumstances (e.g. businesses may have people sign off on invoices before they are sent out, or stamped after it's printed to mark it 'official'), we acknowledge and see the merit in having In Tray be extended to add sales invoices as well, to ensure proper documentation.

While, at this stage, we do not have any plans to incorporate this as a feature into the program, we do believe this may be a benefit to a lot of our clients, and therefore may look into implementing this sometime in the future.

Please do feel free to post again anytime you have any queries.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @pH,

Can you clarify what you mean by the upgrade 'not taking' on your system?

For example, have you encountered an error message that has prevented you from installing the update? Or did the install go through successfully, however, you're not able to see the latest version of the software on your computer?

I would also highly recommend that you post this issue on The Community Forum instead of the blog so there is a dedicated thread to the problem you are encountering, which, in turn, would also help other users who are experiencing the same issue search for a solution.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @MBlight,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues upgrading your company file.

I have sent you a private message requesting additional information, so that we are better able to assist you with troubleshooting this issue further.

Please feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Kindest,
Tallie

davidjones
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User

re: ChangeLog

as far as i can tell the "ChangeLog" here is less than a quarter of the body of the OP, the rest is pimping new features that may or may not work ... yet.

i was really hoping for a raft of fixes as there are so many issues with the current version.

once i can actually find the update i will try it out.

at the moment it just shows me the current version, so does that mean the update link is broken as well?

cheers

pH
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Fixed by the community forum - I have an ARL icon pinned to the task bar and it was for the old 2014 version as soon as I used the new 2015 icon the problem was solved.

pH

Umbrella_Studio
6 Posts
Cover User

Is there a way to download a local copy of the source document you have placed in the IN TRAY? 

Further, is there a way to export a local copy of all the source documents linked to purchases with a specific criteria? (Such as, date range, Job Number, Supplier, etc). I think that would be super handy and make users feel more comfortable about their options for accessing data that's stored in the cloud. 

MichelleAW
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

I had the same experience and error message as MBlight posted 5 hours ago.  Could you please publish the fix?

Thanks

Michelle

SAQMKiss
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi there,

Just a bit of 'happy' feed back.

Upgraded to 2015.1 this afternoon, easily, efficiently and with no problems.

Scanned in this weeks supplier invoices and created purchases using the 'intray' with ease!!

Nice work MYOB...

Thanks...Michelle

DOutten
7 Posts
Cover User

Hi all

I am having the same promblem as MBlight I have installed the new version 2015.1 try to open in this version and it tells me there is a connection error but opens in 2014.4 version no problems so therefore there is no internet problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Diane

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @MichelleAW  @DOutten  @MBlight 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems after installing 2015.1 This support note will guide in you solving this issue:

AccountRight online company file not upgrading

Regards

Liam

MYOB Support

MichelleNDPC
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi All,

I have managed to do the upgarade with no problems however now I cannot log in. I have a connection error, which like many others I do not. I tred to log in to the previous version of MYOB just to see what would happen and I could not log into that either due to a connection error. I have since deleted the previous version. Im stuck now and connot complete any of my work. 

Hopefully this is rectified soon, or we are given a timeframe when it will be. This has happened before.

DOutten
7 Posts
Cover User

Hi all

I am now unable to log into old version or new version so cannot do any work comes up unable to connect.

so the instructions you have given me Liam I am unable to do anything.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @davidjones,

AccountRight v2015.1 is being released to clients over the course of a couple of days. Once it has been made available to you, you should be able to obtain it from your my.MYOB account. Once you've signed in, select the My Products tab > Downloads > choose your product, and a list of all the links you are entitled to should populate on the screen.

We do hope that this release does meet your expectations, and that the issues you've encountered in previous versions have been addressed.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @pH,

Great to hear we've been able to be of asssitance!

Please feel free to post again on the Forum anytime you require.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Umbrella_Studio,

In order to save a document in In Tray onto your computer, you simply have to open up the document you would like to make a copy of and select the Save option, which you should see on that window itself.

Unfortunately, the option to export a specific filtered set of documents is not one that is available as of yet. However, I do believe that it is an excellent idea and one that would be of benefit to many clients, and therefore we will hopefully look into implementing this feature sometime in the future.

Please feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

JodieB2015
3 Posts
Cover User

We have 3 computers in our office - 2 run off XP and 1 runs off Windows 7.

I have successfully downloaded the new version onto the Windows 7 computer, however having trouble upgrading the company file....

The other 2 computers that run off XP will not download the new version of MYOB.  I have read that this version is not compatible with XP..... is there any way at all of geting it to work on these computers?  Or will we be looking at having to purchase 2 new computers?!?

Will it be an issue if one user (myself) is on the updated version & the other user remains on the older version?

Feeling frustrated... spent wayy too much time on it this morning & now behind in all of our work.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @JodieB2015,

You are correct in that the latest version of AccountRight is not compatible with Windows XP. This is due to AccountRight v2015.1 using a version of the Microsoft .Net Framework which Windows XP does not support, following Microsoft's decision to retire the older operating system.

Unfortunately, once a company file has been updated for use with a more recent version, it cannot be opened up and used on an older version. This means that the other two computers will not be able to access the updated company file until the software has been upgraded to the same version.

In regards to having trouble upgrading the company file, we did have clients experiencing connection issues with AccountRight Live for a period of time today, however, this has since been resolved, and all clients should now be able to upgrade and access their online company files.

We do apologize for the inconvenience the connection disruption earlier had caused, and please feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

JodieB2015
3 Posts
Cover User

OK... I would have never upgraded had I have known this... as now we have to buy 2 new computers that are compatible with the new version and we are not in a position to do this at this current time.

How can I revert back to the old version so that all 3 users & computers have access to MYOB?

Very poor warnings / information on behalf of MYOB regarding this upgrade.... :-(

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @JodieB2015,

We are sorry to hear about the predicament you're in. It is not unusual for companies to decide to retire older operating systems to better utilize and delegate their resources into more recent and advanced products; following Micrsoft's announcement on ceasing support for Windows XP, it was inevitable that AccountRight would eventually become incompatible with Windows XP as well, as the software does utilize a lot of Microsoft components in order to function properly.

In regards to your question, technically, you are able to reinstall v2014.4 on the computer that you had initially run the update on. However, if you have already upgraded your company file for use with v2015.1, you will have to restore the latest back up made in v2014.4 to use from here onwards, as the program will not allow you to use the upgraded file in an older version.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and please do keep us updated with how you go.

DOutten
7 Posts
Cover User

Hi all

I have since been able to log on and with the assistance you have given me I am now able to use 2015 version

thankyou

bry
4 Posts
Cover User

Things that constantly stump me with MYOB:

1. Why do we have to have a whole new program every time. Can't you just upgrade the existing in place software?

2. Why do company files have to leave old version copies when upgrading. Can't the upgrade just upgrade the darn thing? No one downgrades.

3. Why not have a dedicated email address for invoices, such as 'companyname@accountright.myob.com.au' so businesses can set up a forwarder i.e. invoices@company.com.au so that suppliers can email the invoices directly into MYOB? Kind of like Invitbox but cutting out the middle man.

4. Why do they insist on running the Add-On connector at startup by default? Nobody uses it because your API is too limiting.

5. Why is it so hard to delete cards, items, jobs, etc that have had transactions previously? Company files get messy after >10 years of use, and being able to clean it up is good house keeping.

6. No matter what I do, the default remittance option is always "To be printed", especially in spend money. If you're wanting to promote going paperless, why not introduce a global "I don't print things" option so that the print queues in MYOB don't fill up.

Vicki-L
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi I am moving around my client this month and most of them have done the upgrade can you tell me whether the upgrade has fixed the following:

There were major problems with recurring transactions we where told 2 stop the automatic running of recurring transactions can we now with confidence turn the auto back on?

thanks

NP136
1 Post
Cover User

I am having the same issues as MBlight , in regards to updating my datafile

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @bry 

Thanks for your feedback.

Our software is often used by Bookkeepers or Accountants who have many clients entitled to different versions of the software. AccountRight updates install as a new program so that Accountants and Bookkeepers can still have access to older versions to open files for customers using those versions.

When upgrading company files, the old version is left in place so that if the upgrade is done in error (for instance if a bookkeeper accidently upgrades a file to a version their client isn’t entitled to) it’s easy to go back.

Thanks for your suggestion regarding setting up a specific email address for each user for use with the inbox feature. I’d recommend that you raise this idea via our idea exchange. This will allow other users to vote for your idea and for you to track the progress of your suggestion.

In regards to the API connector, we do feel that our API adds great value. There are a large number of developers who have made awesome add-on solutions, as well as our own On-The-Go app.

In regards to deleting records like card or jobs, records that you no longer use are still needed by the database to refer to existing transactions. However you can make these records inactive so that they don’t appear in drop-down lists, and can be hidden from list screens and reports.

In regards to remittance options. This change has been requested by a number of users. As we continue to update AccountRight we prioritise changes based on a number of factors such as the impact of the issue, the costs in implementing the change, and the popularity of the change. I recommend that you vote for this suggestion on our idea exchange here.

Regards

Liam
MYOB Support

Daddio1946
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

I see you still have not fixed the bug in the import/export assistant to allow me to "import another record". Disappointing as this is a glaring error which I reported approx 6 months ago.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Vicki-L 

The issue with recurring transactions posting multiple times has been fixed.

Regards

Liam

MYOB Support

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @NP136 

This support note will guide you in fixing that error.

AccountRight online company file not upgrading

Regards

Liam

MYOB Support

linda_monardo
Trusted Partner
60 Posts
Trusted Partner

I have uploaded two supplier invoices. One was a Telstra invoice and the other a supplier that uses MYOB. In the telstra bill the only info that the OCR recognised was the ABN. In the MYOB invoice, nothing was recognised.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @linda_monardo,

As you continue to use In Tray in the AccountRight program, the feature will start to 'learn' and get smarter - that is, overtime, as you continue to upload documents and create bills / link it to bills, it will start understanding what bits of information to extract and automatically populate for you.

Although it may not recognize much right now, I would recommend you continue using the software and allow the feature time to start learning the ropes.

Kindest,

Tallie

Rod183
3 Posts
Cover User

We have just upgraded to 2015, and now entering timesheet data is excruciatingly slow - after each field entry you have to wait an age before the data is accepted, allowing you to move to the next field, frequently freezing altogether and greying out the screen. This used to be a problem (though not as bad as this) but was dramatically improved a few months back when you introduced the date filter into the multiple slips box. HELP!!!!

BKrause
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I am also having trouble upgrading my company file. I have the new version of MYOB installed, however, I can't upgrade. NOTE: the upgrade notes don't work as we only have access to MYOB online. So we can't go offline.

KeranM
299 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @bry 

Great to see your comments. I wanted to touch base on the add-on connector. We turn this on by default to enable quick and easy connection to our rapidly growing collection of add-ons. 

Interesting you mention our API is limited, that might have been so when it launched in Feb 2013, but that's not the case now, with over 60 endpoints in our API it offers a huge range of features for developers. Yes there are still some AccountRight features that haven't made it, and we continue to build out on these. You can learn more about our APIs here http://developer.myob.com/ 

With over 150 add-ons in the market and over 2,000 developers using the API on a daily basis, we now see millions of calls being made to our API. It's a really exciting space for us.

If you had specific areas where the API is limited for you feel free to contact the developer team (hit the feedback button on http://developer.myob.com/) we'd welcome the conversation.

Hope that helps

Keran

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rod183,

We are very sorry to hear about the performance issues you are finding in AccountRight v2015.1 when entering in timesheet data.

I do recommend first and foremost deleting your cache files and seeing if that fixes up the issue, as we have noted that a lot of clients who have encountered similar problems has found this greatly improved the performance and speed of their data entry.

The cache files are stored on a location on your computer, which you should be able to get to following the path that I've outlined below.

For Windows Vista / 7 / 8 users :

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\201x.x\XX\Cache

For Windows XP users :

C:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\MYOB\Accountright\201X.x\XX\Cache

The cache files would bear a similar name to the following:

companyFileCache_localhost16977MyCDFFileNameHere.cache

If you are still experiencing issues after having deleted the cache files, I highly recommend that you post your issue, including any further troubleshooting you've done, on The Community Forum so that one of our moderators would be able to better assist.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @BKrause,

We're very sorry to hear you're having trouble with upgrading your company file. Hopefully we'll be able to help troubleshoot this issue for you further.

Could you please post details of your issue (e.g. any error messages / the process you go through) on The Community Forum so that one of our moderators would be able to assist?

Kindest,
Tallie

Rod183
3 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Tallie_M, I'll try that and see if it helps. Running a bit faster today so not quite so grumpy.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Rod183,

Great to hear it's running a bit better today.

Please do let us know if deleting the cache files does not help with the speed of the software so that we can look for alternative fixes to ensure your grumpy days using the program are behind you.

Kindest,

Tallie

Colin_Stuttle
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

The Smart Bills are great - could you also provide the facility to link pdf copies of invoices to Spend Money transactions so that purchases invoices do not have to be loaded for all invoices?

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

I am also having trouble with 'upgrading' my database.  I click 'update now' and get a screen where I choose my myob file - it then just opens and still has the message advising there is an update available and to 'update now'.  The new version is loaded on my computer, but if I then try to open the online company file, it advises that the file is not upgraded and that I have to upgrade.  If I use version 2014 and choose upgrade, the software is then asking for the file to update on my computer - it doesn't exist on my computer - it is at MYOB server

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Colin_Stuttle,

Fantastic to hear you're happy with the newest feature of AccountRight.

Thanks so much for your feedback - that's an excellent suggestion! Given how recent In Tray is, the option to link uploaded documents to Spend Money transactions is not available as of yet. However, as we do believe that it would be a feature that a lot of clients would love to find in future releases of AccountRight, we will hopefully look into implementing this in the near future.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Beach,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues upgrading to the latest version of AccountRight.

What happens if you open up the company file in the latest version and select the upgrade option? You've mentioned that you are prompted to upgrade, but don't mention what happens when you do select the option to.

I would also recommend you post details of this issue on The Community Forum instead of the blog so there is a dedicated thread to the problem you are encountering, which, in turn, would also help other users who are experiencing the same issue search for a solution.

Kindest,

Tallie

cas74h
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi

I upgraded and now cant print our invoices

Have you got a fix for that, as it will crash and I am not saving to disk and printing them out that way at it will take for bloody ever

Thanks

Cas

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

HI Tallie,  I gave up!  But when I logged in the next day the upgrade went smoothly.  Thanks anyway.

While I have your attention, is there any chance that MYOB will eventually fix the speed issues with the Accountright version of the software?  I am a bookkeeper and most of my customers are still with v19.  I only have 2 customers with 2014 or higher, and it honest to God takes me twice as long to do the bookkeeping on the new version compared with the old one.  Absolutely everything I 'record' takes a second or two (and sometimes more) whereas with V19 and prior verison, recording a transaction really is just a split second.

cheers,

Liz

BethReid
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Loving the new in-tray system so far, just finding it is taking a while to process & upload (so far about 1/2 an hour from when i put it in the tray to when I can use the document to auto-fill the areas). Will this speed up as more documents are entered & it recognises them more easily?

Also just wondering if its in the works for a simular system to be incorporated into the payroll center for timesheets, leave-notices & maybe even employee reimbursements? I have my accountants trying to convince us over to using a competitors system which includes these features (& an "in-tray" type system also) which this is very appealing to the boss & payroll officers, but if you are going to do it; why change!

Regards,

Beth.