John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

Announcing the first major release of AccountRight for the year! It’s a big one, with lots of improvements, most of which are thanks to your feedback and suggestions, so keep them coming!

IPM-LEARNING-ICON.png

Watch our trainer, Chris McCormack, demonstrate what’s new in 2015 and recap other recent improvements. Watch our showcase

A smarter way to manage your bills

Not available in AccountRight Basics.

At the 2015 MYOB Roadshow, which kicked off in Melbourne last week, we announced a great new feature for AccountRight, that many have dubbed ‘smart bills’.

In a nutshell, here’s how it works. If you’re working online, you can now also store your supplier invoices securely online and link them to your AccountRight bills.

You drag and drop documents into the AccountRight In Tray, or email them to a special email address and they’ll appear like magic in the In Tray. You can then link the documents to existing bills in your company file, or create a new bill based on the information in the supplier’s invoice.

The In Tray workflow

Things get real smart when you create a new bill. Using advanced OCR technology, we’ll grab what we can from the supplier invoices and fill in the details for you, so you can create bills faster and easier.

So now you can cut down on data entry, reduce paper filing, and keep all your supplier documents nicely organised and easy to find. It also makes it easier to work with your accountant or bookkeeper as they’ll always have the source document to refer to when reviewing your file.

Watch this video to learn more about the smart new way to manage bills in AccountRight.

Simple sign-on

We’ve made some great improvements to the company file sign-on process, so you don’t have to enter two sets of credentials when opening online company files.

When signing on to your online file, you can now choose to link your my.MYOB account to your company file user ID. When you next open the file, the Command Centre will appear automatically - you won’t need to enter a user ID or password.

Simple Signon

We’ve also got a new feature for large accounting practices who assign multiple people in their business to review client files. The new ‘Advisor’ user account helps keep to a minimum the number of logins to set up for each client file, while maintaining maximum security. For help creating an Advisor user, see our ‘Add new company file users’ help page.

[Update 18/2: Note that in the User Access window, you can only enter email addresses that have 35 characters or less. We're working on increasing this limit. If your email address has more than 35 characters, you can link your account by selecting the "Link this User ID to your my.MYOB account" option in the Sign-on window, as shown above ]

Pay Bills.pngConsolidated To Do List bill payments

Not available in AccountRight Basics.

Previously, if you used the Accounts Payable view of the To Do List to pay a few bills, a separate Pay Bill transaction would be recorded for each purchase, even if you were paying the one supplier.

Now when paying several bills for the same supplier, a single Pay Bill transaction will be recorded. This makes it much easier to match up the payment with what appears in your bank feed and statement.

Roll back a closed financial year

For those times where you close a financial year, and then realise you need to record another adjustment for that year, we’ve introduced a great new rollback feature.

You can now roll back the last financial year that you closed, to enter adjustments and new transactions, or to reverse existing transactions.

However, you won’t be able to edit or delete transactions dated in the year you’ve rolled back to.

To roll back the last financial year, go to the File menu > Close a Year > Roll Back a Financial Year. Then when you’re done, you can close the financial year again. Any transactions dated after the year you roll back are not affected.

Roll Back

Speed improvements

In this release, we’ve sped up a couple more popular features of AccountRight.

• If you use recurring transactions, you’ll notice that it’s quick to create a transaction based on a recurring template. And the more lines on a recurring template, the more noticeable the improvement.

• You'll also see significant speed improvements when setting up or editing components in the Auto-Build view of the Item information window. The improvement is especially noticeable if your file is online.

Reports to help you analyse and compare

For AccountRight Standard and Plus, check out these reports that are now available for you:

Purchases

• Analyse Purchases [Supplier - FY Comparison]: Compare this year’s purchase dollars for specific suppliers with the same period in another financial year.

• Analyse Purchases [Supplier Multi-Period]: Review purchase dollars by supplier for multiple periods.

Sales

• (Plus) Analyse Sales [Activity - FY Comparison]: Compare billed activities, units billed, gross profit and per cent margin over two financial years.

• (Plus) Analyse Sales [Activity Multi-Period]: Review activity sales, units sold or cost of sales for multiple periods.

• Analyse Sales [Item - FY Comparison]: Compare item sales, units sold, gross profit and per cent margin over two financial years.

• Analyse Sales [Salesperson - FY Comparison]: Compare sales by salesperson over two financial years.

• Analyse Sales [Salesperson Multi-Period]: Review sales by employee for multiple periods.

Accounts

• Category General Ledger Summary: Review the opening and closing balances of accounts for selected categories over a specified period. See the total debits, credits, and net activity.

• Job History: Review income, cost and expenses for each job for the current and previous financial years.

Inventory

• Price List Detail: Review the pricing information for each item.

(Plus) Time Billing

• Productivity Hourly Summary: Review activity slip information by employee and supplier for a period range.

(Australia only) Improved superannuation reporting

The Superannuation Payment by Fund and Superannuation Payment by Employee reports in AccountRight Plus and Premier now list Pay Super payments, so you can now see all the superannuation payments you’ve made electronically in two easy to read reports.

More improvements and bug fixes

And finally, here’s our list of fixes and workflow improvements for this release:

Sales

• (Plus and Premier) When converting an activity slip to a time billing invoice, you can now choose to record the sale as a quote.

• If a sale includes backordered items, these items won’t be included in the list of delivered items on the form, so it’s clearer for you and your customers to see which items are delivered, and which are still on order.

• Unit prices on printed invoice forms now display the same number of decimal places (up to 4) as what’s entered in the Sales window in AccountRight.

Reports

• When emailing a report, selecting a card will now display the email address that’s been entered in the card.

• (Australia only) An issue where the Profit & Loss [Cash] report would not display the correct Cost of Sales amounts if the Small Business Entity Concession date was prior to the report’s From date has been resolved.

• The Receivables with Tax report now displays any payments that are applied to the original order.

• Job budget reports now display accounts that have a $0 budget amount. Previously the reports would not display accounts that had a $0 budget, even if transactions were recorded for the account over the period.

• Previously, freight-only sales would cause the Receivables Reconciliation report to display an Out of Balance amount. This has been fixed.

Cards

• Inactive cards no longer appear in selection lists for the following windows: Enter Sales, Enter Purchases, Receive Payments, Print/Email Invoice > Advanced Filters, Print/Email Statement > Advanced Filters.

• When creating a card using the Easy Add feature in the Sales or Purchases window, the layout that’s displayed at the time will become the default layout for the card. For example, if you add a card while in an item sale window, the Item layout will be the default layout set for the customer.

Banking

• The calculator in the Spend Money window now always rounds to 2 decimal places, avoiding rounding errors.

• You can now update the invoice delivery status of a transaction (eg, To Be Printed, To Be Emailed) after it has been included in an electronic payment file.

• When using the advanced search feature (by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F) in the Bank Feeds window, the search fields now display correctly.

How to get the update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days:

• If you’re using AccountRight 2014 or 2013, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.

• If you’re using AccountRight 2012 or AccountRight v19, visit the AccountRight Upgrades and Updates page to download the latest version: (AU | NZ).

Using Windows XP or Server 2003? AccountRight 2015.1 comes with the latest Microsoft .NET Framework software, which isn’t compatible with Windows XP or Server 2003. This means both the PC and Server Editions of AccountRight 2015.1 won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003. We recommend Windows 7 or later for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

70 Comments
Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @cas74h,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues in the latest release of AccountRight.

Are you getting an error message when attempting to print your invoices? If so, what is the error, and does it occur for anything other than invoices?

I can also see that you have posted this issue on The Community Forum, and that one of our moderators has since replied. If you could post the additional information requested on that thread, one of us will then be happy to assist.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Beach,

Great to hear that the program is now up and running.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the speed issues. We have noted that clients who have experienced using both the classic version (v19) and the newer platform (v20xx) have reported notable differences in performance. Please do note that given their significant structural differences, performance and speed differences are inevitable, and cannot help but be rather apparent when comparing the two versions.

However, between the early versions of AccountRight Live and the latest update, the product development team have made signficant improvements in the software, and we are only anticipating future releases of the software to continue to improve on the product - hopefully we will soon get to a stage where AccountRight Live meets your expectations. Please do feel free to give us updates and further feedback as you continue to use the program.

I would also like to recommend having a look at our support note New AccountRight running slow. While it is clear that the performance of the new version is slower than the older platform, if it is running unusually slow to the point of being unuseable, it may be worth having a look at other factors we have noted that impacts it's performance, such as computer specifications not matching what is recommend by MYOB, as well as interference from third party programs such as antivirus software.

Kindest,
Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @BethReid,

Great to hear you're happy with the latest feature of AccountRight.

The speed issue you encountered regarding the uploaded documents taking a while to process was actually an issue we had experienced earlier today that has since been resolved - you should find that they are processed at a much quicker rate from here onwards.

That is an excellent suggestion to incorporate into future releases of the software. While at the moment we do not have any word on what other 'In Tray'-like features are due to be introduced, we do believe that is an excellent suggestion that a lot of clients would benefit from. As such, we do hope for it to be implemented into future AccountRight updates, and will update all clients on new functions as they come.

Kindest,

Tallie

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

Thanks Tallie, but I own a computer store and my system is very high spec.  We also have 2 adsl connections and I use one exclusivley when doing online MYOB.  We get 20MBps, so it is defs not an internet issue.  I really hope the speed issue can be resolved sooner rather than later as I feel bad charging customers for 4 hours work when I know I could have done the same amount of work in 2 hours if they had the older version of MYOB.

regards,

Liz

BethReid
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@Tallie_M 

Thanks for that! It is definately faster this afternoon!

I look forward to hearing what other features may be coming up then!

Beth

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @BethReid 

Fantastic that is great news that it is faster for you.  Do let us know if you are finding the same slowness with uploading of document to the In Tray and we would be happy to look into further for you.

DeniseF
1 Post
Cover User

I have downloaded the update and its still shows up that there is an update. How do I get rid of it

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @DeniseF,

From the sounds of it, it appears the incorrect, older version might be the one that is being opened when accessing your company file. This is a common issue with our clients as installing the update does not get rid of the older icon - it simply creates a new one. As such, I would recommend you have a look on your Desktop for a new purple AR icon - it should say AccountRight 2015.1.

Once you've located it, double-click on the icon to open up the new release, and open up the company file to upgrade it for use with the latest update.

Cheers,

Tallie

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

A feature that I think would be very useful to anybody who does payroll... when you go to do a pay run and put in the start and finish date of the pay run, wouldn't it be great if MYOB alerted you that one of your staff had a birthday during the pay period???

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Beach 

Thanks for your suggestion. I would recommend that you raise this via our idea exchange. This will allow your suggestion to be seen by our developers, and for users who would also like to see this implemented to vote for your idea.

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I Would love to see an option of flaging emailed or sent invoices.  I find it hard to keep track of what I have sent to client especially on the road or even better if you could mark its status. Ie works in progress, Ready to be sent, emailed etc

This would avoid having to CC myself into the sending of the invoice but I would love if you could BCC or CC people in the office on invoices for processing or auto print email setup for hard copy records.

Not sure if the new fix does this but you cant save to your disk on your custom template, have to print as pdf as my template.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Now when you prepare a new invoice the delivery status will show this.

Capture1.JPG

If you use the Print/Email Invoices button only those not yet sent will display by default. You can use the Advanced Filters to see them all if you wish. When you send the email the Status will change to Already sent.

This will also appear if you email direct from the invoice screen.

Capture2.JPG

I hope this is what you are after.

Cheers

David

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Davis,

for some reason the first part of my reply above got deleted when iI sent it. please read the following first.

Hello Davis,

What you are after is already in MYOB as long as you have it setup correctly.

Firstly open the Customer Card & go to the Selling Details tab.

In the Invoice Delivery box select' To be Emailed'

Capture3.JPG

Kimberley
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@bry In relation to not being able to delete old cards, I have created a card called "Old Suppliers" and I combine all the old cards which I can't delete with this "Old Suppliers" card. Obviously it would be better if we could delete them but this is a work around to tidy up the file in the meantime.

@Tallie_M I am really confused by your replies. You have mentioned "Our software is often used by Bookkeepers or Accountants who have many clients entitled to different versions of the software. AccountRight updates install as a new program so that Accountants and Bookkeepers can still have access to older versions to open files for customers using those versions." Therefore, MYOB obviously recognises that Bookkeepers and Accountants have many clients. However, with the latest addition of the InTray, the emailing function will only work with subscribers who have one subscription linked to their data file. MYOB needs to ensure their software is suitable for Bookkeepers, Accountants and customers who manage their own bookkeeping.

Furthermore, it seems that the only way to retrieve invoices uploaded via the InTray is to manually save every individual invoice. Come on MYOB! This is just plain ridiculous. This isn't going to help anyone long term as it will still be essential that a secondary copy of every invoice is kept in case you ever cancel your subscription. In my opinion, at the current functionality, it is just increasing work for users. I am honestly so sick and tired of MYOB releasing functions/upgrades, etc which are still in the testing phase. Users should be given a choice as to whether they want to act as guinea pigs for what is essentially beta versions of software. It really wouldn't have been hard for MYOB to get online and ask it's paying customers for their input before developing updates and new features which are, essentially, not even half way there yet. There are issues with AccountRight which have been present since the first release 4 years (eg. closing all windows to open preferences). I would MUCH rather MYOB to be fixing all these glitches and annoyances BEFORE introducing new functions which are still in working phase, leading to even more problems with the program. 

Perhaps we will see some improvements once MYOB lists on the ASX and has shareholders to answer to.

Salcastle
1 Post
Cover User

Hi there. I cannot instal the upgrade; says the PC version will not work on my PC (I'm using an Asus 17" laptop running Windows Vista home premium) and when I try the server version, which it tells me to do, MYOB closes. Help, please.

martinjgreen
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Is access to in-tray available via the API?

MetIMF
1 Post
Cover User

Hi 

Is there any further update on when multi currency will be available in AccountRight live.

Thanks

Regards

Tommy

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kimberley, I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your post. With reference to your concerns about the restrictions to emailing scanned documents for the InTray function, we can certainly see the benefits in being able to email documents from one email address to multiple files. Our developers are therefore working on this and we hope to allow this flexibility in a future update. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

As for the updates, we aim to include a combination of new features, workflow improvements and issue fixes in each of these. Therefore while you may find that some reported issues are yet to be resolved, there are others that are. Having said that I have passed on your feedback to the team.

Thank you once again for your patience and for your feedback. Please do post again should you have any further queries.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @martinjgreen, Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately InTray is not exposed via the API yet. This may be something that is looked into in the future.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MetIMF, Thank you for your enquiry. At this stage the plan is to phase in multi-currency in AccountRight Live. We will be starting with AccountRight Premier clients who no longer need multi-currency. The next phase would be introducing a foreign currency exchange service for importers. 

We will let you know as soon as we have more information on this.