John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

[7:10am AEST 21/05/2015]: Our developers have resolved the issue identified in the original release of AccountRight 2015.2. If you haven’t installed 2015.2 yet, please do so when prompted in your software, or download the installer from my.MYOB.com. If you have installed the original release, please read what you should do now

In this AccountRight release, we’ve made it easier for you to get the help you need, when and where you need it. We’ve also fixed lots of issues, bugs and workflow problems so you can get on with your work faster and with fewer interruptions.

And for Australian businesses with employees, great news - you can now pay super contributions to self-managed super funds using AccountRight!

More help, when and where you need it

Start up AccountRight and you’ll notice a shiny new Help button on each command centre. Click it to get help about the tasks you’re working on. Or if you have a specific question about anything at all, you can get the answer you need with fewer clicks - just enter your question in the help field and press Enter.

Command Centre Help

New help pages make finding answers easier

By the way, have you seen AccountRight’s flashy new help pages? Press F1 or click the Help buttons in AccountRight, to take a look. We’ve made it easier for you to get overviews, technical help, and how-to procedures, and you can see what others are asking about the topic on the MYOB Community Forum.

These new help pages resize and reformat for different screen sizes too, so they look great on tablets and even your mobile phone - just go to help.myob.com from your computer or device to access it all.

Help everywhere

Easily stay compliant with super payments

Plus and Premier, Australia only

SuperStream kicked in on 1 July 2014 for Australian businesses that have 20 or more employees, and these businesses have until 30 June 2015 to be SuperStream compliant. Are you ready to start paying and reporting super electronically? AccountRight has been SuperStream ready for a while now, and thousands of businesses are already saving hours of work each month by using AccountRight’s SuperStream compliant features.

In this release, in addition to APRA-regulated superannuation funds, you can now pay Self Managed Super Funds (commonly abbreviated to SMSF). This means you can use the Pay Superannuation feature to pay all of your employees’ funds, whether they use retail or self-managed funds.

Set up a SMSF

No paperwork, complete authorisation control, no other portals or banking websites to log into, or reports to print and send. Pay Superannuation is the easiest way to stay compliant.

Remember, if you have 20 or more employees, you need to be compliant by 30 June 2015. So sign up for Pay Superannuation if you haven’t already. (It’s free with your AccountRight subscription!)

Lots of bug fixes and improvements

We’ve addressed many workflow and stability issues for this release. We hope we’ve been able to address something that you’ve asked us to fix. If not, let us know on the relevant MYOB Community Forum boards, or for product ideas add your suggestions to the AccountRight Idea Exchange site.

Performance

• Printing invoices with multiple lines (especially those with 10 or more) is now much faster.
  • Printing a batch of pay slips takes much less time to complete.

Improvements

• The Journal Audit Security and Session Security Audit reports now display times in your local time zone, rather than UTC/GMT time.
  • When entering timesheets, you can now display a calculator using the keyboard. Press + or - when entering the hours to display it. Previously the calculator was only available by right-clicking in a field.
  • When a Connection Error appears, you can now click a link to learn about what might have caused the issue, and how to avoid it.
  • Help pages for the Import/Export Assistant are now accessible via F1 or the Help button.
  • Get more help preparing payment summaries, with easier access to the ATO’s payment summary guidelines right from the Payment Summary Assistant so you can complete the forms with less hassle.

Fixes

Mailing labels

• Multiple mailing labels will now print on each sheet of labels. Previously only one label would print per sheet.
    • Mailing labels now print in alphabetical order, ordered by Company Name or Last Name.

Customer payments

• When recording a Receive Payment transaction, the payment method is no longer cleared if you select a method after allocating amounts to invoices.
    • Refunds paid to customers now show on customer Activity Statements.

Purchases and supplier payments

• An issue in AccountRight 2015.1 that prevented Settle Returns and Debit transactions from being reversed, deleted or recapped has been resolved.
    • In AccountRight 2015.1, if you pressed the Enter key in a service purchase, the cursor would go to the Amount column of the next line, rather than the Description column. This has been resolved.
    • When viewing the Account Information > Details tab of your linked expense account for late charges, the Purchases Linked Accounts window will now appear when you click the Linked Account arrow, instead of the Sales Linked Accounts window.

User interface

• You can now select the checkbox on the last visible line of a scrolling list. Previously the list would scroll when you clicked the checkbox, instead of selecting it.
    • Account fields in several windows were not filtering correctly until three or more characters were entered into the field. This affected the Account, Pay from Account, Deposit to Account, and Selected Bank Account fields in the following windows: Transfer Money, Spend Money, Receive Money, Bank Register, Prepare Electronic Payments, Print Cheques, Reconcile Accounts, Prepare Bank Deposit, Receive Payments, Activities List, Pay Bills, Prepare Electronic Payments and Print Cheques.
    • Display issues in the Sales Register, Purchase Register and Print/Email... windows on computers using the 125% display setting have been resolved.

Reports

• The Invoice Transactions [Accrual] report now displays payments when you filter it by customer.
    • The Category Activity Detail report now displays payments on orders.

Payroll (Australia)

• When processing multiple Pay Liabilities transactions, the Payment Date and liability date range you enter is now retained after each transaction is recorded, rather than resetting.
    • Some users couldn’t resend pay slips via email using the Review Pay Slips Before Delivery window, even after deselecting the Advanced Filters > Unprinted or Unsent Pay Slips Only option. This has been resolved.
    • An issue where the Standard Pay would not recalculate after updating an employee’s annual salary or hourly rate has been resolved.
    • Some users were unable to print pay slips after upgrading from AccountRight v19. This has been resolved.
    • An issue where employees were listed multiple times when preparing payment summaries has been resolved.

System errors

• An issue in AccountRight 2015.1 that caused the Find Transactions by Card window to crash, time out, or show a ‘Nothing to display’ message has been resolved.
    • Issues causing a System.NullReference Exception error to appear when emailing pay slips or entering purchases have been resolved.
    • An issue preventing AccountRight from launching has been resolved. 
    • An issue that caused AccountRight to crash after updating the spelling dictionary has been resolved.

API

• An issue where adding an hourly-based wage category to an employee’s standard pay via the API would apply the default hours worked per pay period to all wage categories in the standard pay has been resolved.
    • An issue where the Standard Pay would not recalculate after it was updated via the API has been resolved.
    • An issue where the Standard Pay would not recalculate after updating an employee’s annual salary or hourly rate via the API has been resolved.

How to get the update

[7:10am AEST 21/05/2015]: Our developers have resolved the issue identified in the original release of AccountRight 2015.2. If you haven’t installed 2015.2 yet, please do so when prompted in your software, or download the installer from my.MYOB.com. If you have installed the original release, please read what you should do now

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days.

If you’re using AccountRight 2015.1, 2014 or 2013, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.

If you’re using AccountRight 2012 or AccountRight v19, visit the AccountRight Upgrades and Updates page to download the latest version.

Using Windows XP or Server 2003?

AccountRight 2015.2 comes with the latest Microsoft .NET Framework software, which isn’t compatible with Windows XP or Server 2003. This means both the PC and Server Editions of AccountRight 2015.2 won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003. We recommend Windows 7 or later for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

70 Comments
kha
Contributing Cover User
27 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The update isn't available on my login as yet, I am currently running 2015.1 but it won't even let me login, it says I need the update. How am I supposed to do my work if I can't get the update yet

tt05
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

I cannot find the update on my.myob.  Can you please advise.

nlcMarkC
6 Posts
Cover User

EDIT... solved

importants
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I updated AccountRight from 2015.1 to 2015.2. I updated the company file. I opened AccountRight on the second office computer and it said I needed to update to 2015.2. It updated. I opened AccountRight on the third office computer and it will not open the file and will not offer an update. When I try to "Move up to the latest AccountRight"it will only download 2015.1.

How can I get 2015.2 on the third computer?

Kimgoldcoast
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I must be missing something, I backed up prior to upgrade, when I checked the back up it backs up to Win RAR and asks me if I want to buy it now?  

I appreciate any help

Kim

how does my accountant access my account if he has upgraded and I cant, he needs to do our BAS by Monday and he is going away for a long weekend?

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @kha and @importants,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the 2015.2 update had to be taken offline. Since you have both already upgraded the data file I will send you a Private Message with more details.

Feel free to post again if you have more questions.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @tt05,

Unfortunately the update had to be taken offline and is no longer available in my.myob. If you need the update due to already upgrading the file before the update was made unavailable let us know and we can help you out.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kimgoldcoast,

MYOB will compress the back up file into a .zip file. There are a few different programs that can decompress a .zip file, with WinRar being one of them. I suggest speaking to your IT about getting appropriate software to decompress or unzip the back up file.

As for your accountant getting access, as far as I can see your file is still in the 2015.1 version. Your accountant should still have this version to access your file.

SueA
1 Post
Cover User

My client has upgraded to the 2015.2 & I need to do their BAS by Thursday, but I can see all your posts saying that version is no longer available. Can you please advise how I can get their BAS done?

Rachelf
1 Post
Cover User

I've also just read the posts saying the 2015.2 is not in usage.

I also upgraded our main fle thins morning - and thought I'd get in a few solid hours of reconciling here at home tonight on my PC- and cant access it !! argghh . not happy.

Please advise ..

SharonGF
1 Post
Cover User

Hi, I need this also, as I can not complete the BAS at home.

Thank

You

GSSF
3 Posts
Cover User

I have updated 2 office computers today with the MYOB accountright live latest version 2015.2 but the third computer I cant log in. It tells me to update the MYOB version how can i do that if i cant log in? Please Help

stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So there is no way you can update a computer that accesses the file online.

Question is why was the update taken down? What is wrong with it? Now I am scared that I upgraded my file!

matt___
1 Post
Cover User

Please send me the link to Accountright 2015.2, company file has been upgraded by another employee/PC and I need to do pays now!

JohnsonBkpng
1 Post
Cover User

Is there a way I can get access to the upgrade file?  My client has upgraded to 2015.2, but I can't access the new file and need to get BAS & IAS done

DiEmmo
3 Posts
Cover User

A number of our office computers have been updated to 2015.2 but not all so now have people unable to complete work. Can you advise when this will be resolved please

NIT
4 Posts
Cover User

I too can not update to 2015.2 on my second and third PCs. Please send me the link for the update.

Thanks.

Maylight05
3 Posts
Cover User

I cant find the 2015.2 file on the login. Can I please have the link sent or the update?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SueA@Rachelf@SharonGF@GSSF@stroltz@matt___@JohnsonBkpng@DiEmmo and @NIT,

Thank you for your posts. As mentioned above, we have temporarily removed the AccountRight 2015.2 update from my.MYOB. We expect to have the update available for you at the earliest.

In the meantime I will shortly send you Private Messages to those of you who have already upgraded your files to this version and are having trouble upgrading additional computers to AccountRight v2015.2.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. 

sommer
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi there,

I also have the same issue above where we have upgraded the company file at work but now cannot upgrade my home laptop. Could you help me out with a link to update my home laptop?

Thanks in advance,

Code 12 Towing

CMS_stewart
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

I have updated one computer earlier, including the company file and now I need to access it on my lap top. Could you please help me with the link.

Regards

Stewart

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @sommer and @CMS_stewart,

Thank you for your posts. I have sent you a Private Message with more information on the update.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Cathie_R
1 Post
Cover User

I have the same problem as others above, could access our company file on my work computer after upgrading to v2015.2 but not on my laptop for use at home as I couldn't download the update.

Please advise a fix for this issue.

Stanley847
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have upgraded to 2015.2 on the computer at work but can not access any file at home and also can't find the link to upgrade my home laptop.  I need to get work done.  NOT HAPPY.  Mick.

Shanetileshed
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Why do you guys keep putting out these updates without checking it works properly first.

After waiting a year for some of these fixes its very frustrating to not be able to use the program.

Most users are runnng a business and need their MYOB running.

Shane

Alby_1
1 Post
Cover User

I have exactly the same problem.

Other employees downloaded 2015.2 yesterday at the office and upgraded TWO company files.  As the owner of the business, I am trying to access these company files from home on my laptop and cannot download the update which was available 24 hours ago.

Please email me a link urgently so that I can do my work.

Alby

Framer
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have updated: I have two shortcuts on my desktop: 2015.1 and 2015.2. Do  I (A): Click on 2015.2 at let the file upgrade? or (B) keep using 2015.1 and wait untill all is sorted in the next day or so?

Thank you in advance!

Simon

Trev_Margolin
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

Please send us the 2015.2 update also. My boss came in and couldn't do any work. This is MOST inconvenient!! Please learn from this so it doesn't happen again!

Thanks.

Trev

acarp
1 Post
Cover User

I to have upgraded one computer. But also need the update on another.Please send me the update as well.

AWORKS
1 Post
Cover User

I upgraded to the 2015.2 verision yesterday on my computer, and when my online user came in to start working this morning, they were unable to sign in, access the company file or even start working as they were unable to upgrade their file. can you please send me the update so my staff can start working.

JNJ
2 Posts
Cover User

Can someone please tell me what we are supposed to do if someone in the company has upgraded their computer and the company file and now nobody else in the company can now use Myob and get the update.  As usual you can't get anybody on the phone at Myob to help

Trev_Margolin
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

Hi all,

In case people not yet aware 2015.2 installer is now (once again) available through My MYOB (log in)  -> My Products -> Downloads  -> MYOB Account Right Live Premiere. I have now installed it and boss is happy again.

Regards

Trev

Shanetileshed
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Funny how you have to learn that on this forum Trev. No contact from MYOB.

Fact we pay a monthly subscription for updates and support obviously doesnt count for much.

stoops
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

So I have same prblem my husband updated but now I can't update my lap top ?????

At my other place of work do I update or not?///

Trev_Margolin
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

Hi "Stoops",

My understanding is if your MYOB is on the cloud then you should be fine to upgrade the program on your local machine (lap top).

I had originally updated my log in then - on MYOB recommendation - upgraded our company file (which is online). My boss came in and found he could not work with his older version of MYOB. I (once the file became available again) downloaded the update file from My MYOB downloads, installed it no problem and he was up and running no problem.All the best!

Trev 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Cathie_R@Stanley847@Shanetileshed@Alby_1@acarp@AWORKS@JNJ@stoops,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the 2015.2 update being temporarily unavailable.

As @Trev_Margolin mentioned, it is now available again from my.MYOB. Please refer to my post (linked below) for some important information on this:

AccountRight 2015.2 - Available from my.MYOB - Please read details

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Suja

angelog
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Luckily I did not upgrade to 2015.2 as I didn't have time to check out the implications of this release when it was first notified.

Judging by the posts I have read it's another MYOB SNAFU.

2 years ago I was nearly apoplectic with rage and frustration at successive software releases which did not work properly, and I swore I would never go through another upgrade.

Earlier this year because of business imperatives I decided to upgrade to the cloud version despite my better judgement, but I assumed that after lecturing MYOB on appropriate User Acceptance Testing processes and procedures that they would've got it right by now. Now it looks like the same old problem of inadequate management of new software releases.

I note that people who have updated to 2015.2 are to our to get confidential respons on how they can extricate themselves from the mess that is being created.

It would be appropriate for MYOB to come clean and tell us what the problem is so that users are aware of the risks being undertaken when they upgrade.

I remain available for somebody to contact me should they wish to explain what has gone wrong.

Greg Angelo

0413 278 364

gangelo@bigpond.net.au

timrichardson
3 Posts
User

Well, the day is almost done. I was hoping to spend to day preparing for a client meeting. They upgraded to 2015.2 today and I can't. Although I am an invited user to their file, it is not listed as a product linked to my ID in my.myob.com.au so I can't download it. And it is not prompting to upgrade the file when I try to access it.

This really exposes the stupidity of the pseudo-cloud nature of AccountRight 2015, where we are locked out of cloud data because of a faulty Windows client, and here we are in 2015 waiting for a download.

If it was a really in the cloud, MYOB could instantly roll back the problems. I tried to call, but the message asked me to understand that MYOB has so many customers it can't actually support them all, and therefore this phone call would be terminated. Which it then was. That was extraordinary. I don't care that MYOB has 1m customers it it means I get bad support.

This has not been a good day for MYOB.

Shanetileshed
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Thanks for the reply Suja,

Unfortuneately for MYOB they are still putting this update out with yet another work around. Purely because someone was too lazy to check if the program ran properly with something as simple as a decimal point in the amount column.

Im sure all of your users would appreciate you fixing properly all the issues we are still having with last years updates rather than launching all the bits.

I feel your pain Tim Richardson. We pay for back up and support. I would be asking for the last month to be credited if I got kicked off the phone and for those that couldnt work their business yesterday should be sending MYOB a bill for their lost time.

Time you got your **bleep** together MYOB.

Shane

importants
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Now it won't print invoices. Open an invoice, press print. I can see the spell button depress, then nothing. I have checked all the printers in my control panel, nothing in the print queue. If I go to preview, I can see the selected printer is the correct (default). Press print from here and the program sends myob an error message and closes. No matter how many times I try.

The solution sent to me is about linked acounts. I don't know who thought this up, but I've seen better heads on a root beer. And this from people trying to list on the stock exchange.

Has anyone ever had a whole week when this program didn't screw up?

timrichardson
3 Posts
User

"I feel your pain Tim Richardson. We pay for back up and support. I would be asking for the last month to be credited if I got kicked off the phone and for those that couldnt work their business yesterday should be sending MYOB a bill for their lost time."

I feel a bit conflicted because the project I'm working on will relieve this client of needing to worry about Myob in the future. 

Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff

Hey @Shanetileshed and @importants,

Thanks for your reply.

A new link has now been uploaded to the my.myob website with an updated fix of 2015.2. Please uninstall the current version you are using and download this one to continue working on your file. We appreciate your patience and all feedback provided to pass onto the Product Development team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further queries.

Regards,
Sebastien

importants
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

sebastian, I did just as you told me. I uninstalled, went to myob and it installed 2015.1 again. What is the direct link to the updated installer. I have already lost time and money stuffing around with this.

Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff

Hey @importants,

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies any inconvenience this has caused, I will investigate this and get back to you shortly. I appreciate your patience in the mean time.

Regards,
Sebastien

importants
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Only 1 of 3 computers now running 2015.2. The other 2 staff, on wages, have gone home because they cannot get AccountRight. This is becoming an expensive exercise.

angelog
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is becoming increasingly obvious that MYOB is still not on top of the job in terms of releasing bug free software.

It would appear that only the courageous will install an MYOB update and work at the bleeding edge.

Also it  would appear sensible that one should wait several months until the  more courageous and adventurous users with frree time on their hands stumble over the bugs and problems and MYOB muddles about whilst fixing them. Does MYOB understand the concept of rigorous UAT?

Presumably these bug fixes will come out in a new release, 2015.3? One would only hope that this only contains corrections and bug fixes and does not introduce any new points  of failure.

I for one will not be upgrading my software from the one which I believe works currently until I get a written assurance from MYOB that their product is fit for purpose. Judging by the feedback on this post, it is not currently in this state.

Insulgreen
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi I went to open my online file it tells me that I need to update to 2015.2 and I can't. 

So I went in via the Update option and in the My Library section I selected what I thought was my file and went to update.  The update appeared to work however, now I see both the online file which I still can't access without the message to update and now I also see a file with "(My Library)" next to it.

What do I do and how do I ensure that my data is going to be up to date (i.e. no data lost) as there are multiple computers accessing and working on the one same datafile in different locations.

Please let me know what to do it's holding up quotes and the accounts department.

Thank you,

Michael.

angelog
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How many users trawling through this website realise that you can only add 5 "kudos" in a minute and 10 in an hour. What is MYOB afraid of? Too many negative comments being referenced?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @angelog,

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that it was rather unfortunate that an update with so many bug fixes and enhancements to the PaySuper function had to be temporarily removed due to an issue that was identified. The good news is that the issue was located and the team has been able to resolve it. 

An updated version of AccountRight 2015.2 is now available for eligible customers from my.MYOB.

Information about the issue and a workarounds for those clients who had already upgraded their files to AccountRight 2015.2 is detailed in my post - AccountRight 2015.2 - Available from my.MYOB. A link to this post has also been linked in this blog.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I have passed it on to our developers. 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @timrichardson,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you had trouble installing AccountRight 2015.2 in order to access your client's file. I'm also sorry for the trouble you had with reaching us. 

As you're read we temporarily removed the installers from my.MYOB due to an issue that was identified. This has since been resolved and an updated version is now available from my.MYOB.

Apologies again for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any further queries.