John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

In this release of AccountRight, we’ve addressed the most common issues reported by you. It’s a small update with big improvements!

Fewer connection errors when you’re working online

CloudWe’ve improved how AccountRight handles issues caused by poor internet connections or antivirus software settings.

If there’s a temporary network issue while you’re in the middle of something, AccountRight will now automatically try completing the task a few times, whether it’s saving a transaction, displaying a list or preparing a report. As a result, you’re less likely to lose information or have to restart AccountRight. 

Install this release to improve your online AccountRight experience. 

More stable, fewer interruptions

We’ve fixed many of the commonly reported issues that forced AccountRight to close:

Sales

We’ve fixed crashes that occurred when:

• converting sales to orders via the To Do List.
  • using the Enter Sales window or Sales Register, and there are caching or authentication issues.
  • attempting to email statements, cancelling out of the Review Statements Before Delivery window, or double-clicking the Send Email button while statement emails are already being sent.
  • closing the Sales window before an invoice has finished saving as a PDF.

Payroll (Australia)

We’ve fixed crashes that occurred when:

• switching tabs in the Payroll Details view of the employee card.
  • attempting to email pay slips, cancelling out of the Review Pay Slips Before Delivery window, or double-clicking the Send Email button while pay slip emails are already being sent.
  • printing pay slips when the company file has thousands of cards.

Purchases

We’ve fixed crashes that occurred when attempting to email remittance advices, cancelling out of the Review Remittance Advices Before Delivery window, or double-clicking the Send Email button while remittance advices are already being sent.

UI

We’ve fixed crashes that could occur when clicking in a grid with partially visible rows.

More improvements

• You can now import cards that have a bank account number with less than 9 digits.
  • Printing and emailing customer statements is now faster, especially if you have hundreds of cards in your company file.
  • The Last Reconciled date in the Reconcile Accounts window will now update even when reconciling a period that has no transactions.

How to update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days.

If you’re already using AccountRight 2015.3:

• If you use the PC Edition, you'll be prompted to install an update when you open your company file. Note:
    • You won’t see a confirmation message when installation is complete.
    • If you're using Windows 10 and download the installer from the MYOB website, you might get a Setup failed message when installing. In this case, you’ll need to uninstall 2015.3 before installing this update.
  • If you use the Server Edition, you won’t be prompted to update. You’ll need to:
    1. Download the new Server Edition installer by signing in to my.MYOB.com [AU, NZ].
    2. On each computer that has the Server Edition, uninstall the 2015.3 release.
    3. Install the updated version.
  • After updating, your shortcut icons and Start menu icons will still be labelled 2015.3.

• You can check that the update has been installed by opening your company file and going to Help menu > About MYOB AccountRight. The File Version for this update is 2015.3.17.4288. Note that the version number shown on the Welcome window will not change.

Update Version

If you’re using an older version:

• AccountRight 2015.2 or earlier: You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.MYOB.com (AU, NZ).

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Visit myob.com/upgrade to download this release.

Note: This release won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003. You need to use Windows 7 or later for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

15 Comments
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @John_W

Your point:-

"...

• If you're using Windows 10 and download the installer from the MYOB website, you'll need to uninstall your 2015.3 release before installing this update.

...."

I only spotted that point late this afternoon after having upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

I then downloaded and installed 2015.3.1 whilst the existing 2015.3 release was in situ.

AR2015.3 was then opened and several tests were performed which were successful so I don't quite understand why you made that point.

I'll be shortly updating my original post on this link Upgrading to Windows 10 with details of what transpired during my Windows 10 upgrade as well as post upgrade.

BarcloudUser
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Just tried of upgrade (running windows 10) and it says that the huxley application is unavailable or something and won't update because it is unable to write the file.

How do we fix this?

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @BarcloudUser

Within the above Blog @John_W has said:-

"...If you're using Windows 10 and download the installer from the MYOB website, you might get a Setup failed message when installing. In this case, you’ll need to uninstall 2015.3 before installing this update...."

I suggest that in your situation you should uninstall 2015.3 before installing the update.

The update worked in my case because I had Windows 10 Pro 64bit installed; you may be using the 32bit version of Windows 10.

Dominguez
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Which is the rigth file to dowload for test the API without this collossal pain:

there are like 400 files to download , which is the good for test the API?

HeatherW
6 Posts
Cover User

Does this mean that my 'in tray' might start working again? I started off being able to use it to upload emailed invoices, now i get the message 'something went wrong - some documents couldn't be added' - not just some - none!

HeatherW
6 Posts
Cover User

Wow - super fast update and my in tray is working properly again, yay!

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Dominguez,

I'm not sure if you are developing API for AccountRight, Essentials, EXO or MYOB Advanced, I would suggest checking out our DeveloperCentre for more instructions.

Kind regards

Clover

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherW,

That's fantastic news! Great to hear InTray is now working much faster for you using AccountRight 2015.3.1. 

Please be assured that we will continue to bring out improvements, to make your work experience much smoother. 

Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

i have run the update and it shows as 'All Done!' but the File Version still shows as AccoutnRight Plus AU version 2015.3.17.3339  and file version is same 2015.3.17.3339.  according to the instructions, the file version s/b 2015.3.17.4288.  

Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

ignore my last post, i have found the new icon on the desktop which opens up the correct file version

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rebecca12345,

Great to hear you've now successfully upgraded the company file version to 2015.3.17.4288, hopefully it will make working with AccountRight much smoother for you.

Kind regards

Clover

Bandit99
Trusted Partner
36 Posts
Trusted Partner

Received Setup Failed message on both a Win 7 and 8.1 PC and had to uninstall 2015.3 to get new installer file to work.  Maybe I used wrong download file as there were a few new ones in the downloads section of my.myob with no explanation of which to use (other than the standard advise about PC v Server versions).  Hope this helps others...

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback @Bandit99 

We have received reports from some clients experiencing a Windows 0x080070642 error when installing AccountRight 2015.3.1. Mostly from clients who already had the 2015.3 version installed.

While we are still looking into the cause of this error, we have found that uninstalling the existing 2015.3 before installing 2015.3.1 solves the issue. In the unlikely event that this does not work, you can download and install the 2015.3.1 Server Edition instead. 

In my.MYOB we've replaced the previous 2015.3 downloads with the 2015.3.1 links, the release date showing should be 12/08/2015. I hope this helps clear thing up a bit. I've also passed on your feedback to the relevant team for consideration, to assist in improving future releases. 

Kind regards

Clover

Trandy
Trusted Cover User
123 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi There

We are running 2015.3.17.3339 so should we update to .4288 as per previous occasions; firstly on the server edition followed by PCs then upgrade the company file?  Or can this update be run on any machine in no particular order?  

Regards

Jannette

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Trandy,

There is no particular order on which computer you shall install AccountRight 2015.3.1 first, as long as it gets installed on all computers. 

If you have 2015.3.17.3339 Server Edition on one of the computers, please also download and install 2015.3.1 Server Edition from my.MYOB. The in product update prompt only installs PC edition, which is unable to overwrite the existing Server Edition. If you run into any issue during the update, please uninstall 2015.3.17.3339, download the installer from my.MYOB then install it. 

Since the product version remains 2015.3, you can simply open the company files in 2015.3.17.4288 without going through the file updating step. 

Kind regards

Clover