John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

If you’re considering moving from AccountRight v19 to the new AccountRight in the new financial year, this release will make it even easier for you to upgrade, to get online and to invite others to access your file.

Upgrading made easy

We’ve also made the necessary ATO updates to help keep Australian businesses compliant, so if you pay employees using AccountRight, make sure you install this update before your first pay run in July.

Have questions about closing your financial or payroll year? Join a free EOFY webcast and let an MYOB expert explain what you need to do. Or visit our EOFY Hub for a checklist of things to do.

You’ll also notice significant speed improvements when preparing general journal entries and recording customer payments.

Upgrade and get online in one easy step

If you haven’t already moved over to the new AccountRight, the Upgrade Assistant now makes it really easy for you to upgrade from AccountRight v19 and to get online.

You can now upload your file to the cloud as part of the upgrade process. If there are any issues with the upgrade, we’ll try fixing them, and we’ll keep you informed if there are delays.

Upgrade Assistant

Note that you can still choose to upgrade your file offline if you're not ready to work online.

Invite users easily

Inviting others to access your online file has just got a lot easier. Now when you create a user account in the User Access window, an email will automatically be sent to the user inviting them to access the file online.

User Access Invite.png

And if you want to allow the user to check out the file, you can choose to make them an online administrator.

Which all means you don’t need to log into the my.MYOB website to set up new users. But if you need to cancel access, or change a user’s access level (administrator to file user, or back), you’ll still need to do this via the my.MYOB website - just click the Manage online access button in the User Access window.

Compliance changes for Australian businesses

This year we've made a few updates that’ll help your business keep up with all the ATO changes that take effect from 1 July 2015. Here are a couple of the changes to note:

Updated PAYG tax tables

The PAYG tax tables have been updated for the 2015-16 payroll year. You need to load the tax tables after closing the 2014-15 payroll year, and before you start your first pay run for July. Learn about updating your tax tables

Payment summaries

In this release we’ve made some small changes to the comply with recent ATO requirements, like changing ‘Magnetic Media’ references to ‘Electronic Media’ in the Payment Summary Assistant, and adding the ATO’s privacy statement to the payment summary forms.

Remember that you need to give your employees their payment summaries by July 14. Learn about preparing your payment summaries

Speed improvements

In this release, you’ll notice great speed improvements when recording customer payments in the Receive Payments window, especially if your file is online.

If you record lengthy general journal entries, you’ll also see big speed improvements when deleting transaction lines in the Record Journal Entry window. And if you try recording an unbalanced general journal entry, you’ll get an alert much faster so you can fix the issues quicker.

Easier customer and supplier payments

The Receive Payments and Pay Bills windows now automatically refresh if you record or edit a sale or purchase in another window. That saves you from having to close and reopen the payment windows after making a change to an invoice or bill while recording the payment.

You can also refresh these windows on demand by clicking the new Refresh button at the top of the windows.

Note that the windows won’t automatically refresh after recording:

• Recurring transactions using the To Do List
  • Credit and debit settlements (like refunds)
  • Cash sale and purchase transactions using the Bank Register
  • Pre-conversion sales and purchases.

Fixes and improvements

In this release we’ve addressed several issues and made a few tweaks:

• An issue causing the Bank Feeds window to crash has been resolved.

• An issue that caused a crash when sorting the All Sales tab of the Sales Register by the Amt Due column (if quotes were in the list) has been fixed.

• An issue causing an error icon to randomly appear while editing a general journal entry in the Record Journal Entry window was fixed.

• The Delivery Status is now retained when a purchase order is converted to a bill or sale quote is converted to an order.

• Discounts applied to pre-conversion purchases in the Pay Bills window now post the journal entry correctly.

• When viewing the linked expense account for discounts, clicking the Expense (or Contra) Account for Discounts arrow now opens the Purchases Linked Accounts window, not the Sales Linked Accounts window.

• [Australia only] An issue where a Pay Liabilities transaction amount would show as double in the Transaction Journal has been fixed. This would occur if the Warn for Duplicate Cheque Numbers preference was selected and a Pay Liability transaction was recorded with a duplicate cheque number.

• [Australia only] If a supplier had the Report Taxable Payments option selected in their card in AccountRight v19, their transactions will now remain reportable after upgrading to AccountRight 2015.3.

• [Australia only] An issue where reportable transactions would not appear in the Taxable Payments report if the Reportable option in the supplier's card was not selected has been fixed.

• [Australia only] A note has been added to supplier cards and the Pay Superannuation and Prepare Electronic Payments windows reminding you to ensure the payee banking details are correct before processing the payments.

• [Australia only] The BPay and MYOB logos on the default M-Powered invoice templates have been updated. Note that if you use customised M-Powered forms, the logos won’t be updated automatically on those forms.

How to get the update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days. If you’re using:

• AccountRight 2015, 2014 or 2013, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.

• AccountRight 2012 or AccountRight v19, visit myob.com/upgrade to download the latest version.

Using Windows XP or Server 2003?

AccountRight 2015.3 comes with the latest Microsoft .NET Framework software, which isn’t compatible with Windows XP or Server 2003. This means both the PC and Server Editions of AccountRight 2015.3 won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003.

We recommend Windows 7 or later for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

49 Comments
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So will 2015.3 address the problem of the To Do List - Stock Alert producing Purchase Orders that have only one line regardless of how many stock items are listed for that particular supplier?

Despite assurances that it is fixed, it STILL does not work as it should, and as AR19.x has always done.

My last post on this topic went unanswered and the thread has been closed and archived.

Can someone please fix this (known defect since 2011.1) so that I can move my live file from AR19.10 to 2015.x?

Thank you.

airflo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi, regarding the 2015.3 update only 1 of our 4 computers has been given the messsge to update, which has been done, not the others can not update to 2015.3 and are stuck, where do they find update file?

Matyas_K
MYOB Staff
703 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hello @airflo,

If you've already updated the data file on one system you can retrieve the installer for the 2015.3 software by going to the https://my.myob.co.nz website.  Once you've signed in with your details the installation files can be found by going to My Products > Downloads.

Please let us know if you have any issues finding the installation software.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @RayJordan

This is not currently fixed within this update, compliance has been the big focus on this update with a few of the larger issues being addressed as well. 

Our developers prioritise changes and fixes based on a number of factors, such as the impact of the issue, the number of people affected, and the time it would take to resolve the issue.

airflo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Matya K                         

Thank you for your help 2015.3 does not appear to be on MYOB downloads page, meanwhile I have 3 people who can not get on to their work stations?

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi @airflo,

If you're using the latest version of AccountRight, your team can always get the latest version from the AccountRight Download page. 

airflo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks John W

We have this message

Oh No! You've found our 404 Error Page.

It looks like the page you're looking for is not currently available or no longer exists.

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

@airflo,

That's odd. I'm guessing you're in NZ and the redirect (www.myob.com/download) isn't working as expected. Can you try this download link, it goes to our AU website, but the software download is the same. 

In the meantime, I'll let our web guys know. 

airflo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks for your prompt reply, that link only gives up the full program to download? Is that what we need to do?

airflo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

PS yes in NZ

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

@airflo

Yep, it's the same installer that you were prompted to run in the update window. 

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi KattC,

Are you serious?? This has been a known defect since AR2011.1.

Further, Emile told me it was fixed in 2015.2 and that the problem was at my end. Please see:

Re: AccountRight 2014.4 now available

Hi @RayJordan

I understand that something that is happening to multiple files indicates it is a problem with the program. However I am unable to replicate the problem at all in 2015.1 with different computers so I can only conclude that it is not a problem with the program but something environmental.

Have you tried preforming a clean reinstall of AccountRight? This Support Note can take you through the process.

Performing a clean reinstallation of AccountRight 2011 and later

What have your developers been doing for the past 4.5 years?

And, they still haven't fixed the defect that the dollar signs cannot be turned off. I would have thought that would be simple enough, but that has also been a known defect since 2011.1.

kerry1410
2 Posts
Cover User

Can you please tell me if the search function in the cards list is returned to what it used to be so we can search addresses.  Owners change, but our product remains at the same address.  We NEED to be able to access this function as without it, we cannot find any paperwork to match with the address .

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RayJordan,

I have just tried this again with the Clearwater file in 2015.3 and the stock alert items are coming across in one order.

I apologise for not getting back to you. I had intended to organise a time for me to remote into your system to see what is going on. Unfortunately it fell through the cracks. So we can organise this could you please respond to my private message?

Kind Regards,

Emile

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @kerry1410

This update has focused on compliance changes. Unfortunately there hasn't been any change around searching in card lists. You can search by any column listed on the card list screen. But searching by address is not currently available.

Regards

Liam
MYOB Atlas team

Dianne123
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Been on the phone for nealy 45 minutes today on hold - listening to nice music, but it hasn't helped me.

On one of my PCs I was prompted to update to 2015.3 which I installed.Now when I go to login on my other PC it doesn't prompt me and I can't access my file. The difficulty being, this laptop is my counter customer interface - so this afternoon has been very frustrating.

This happened last time and I was walked through my.myob. I looked there this time but there is no version for 2015.3 only 2015.2.  I have rung now at 7.55pm hoping that I could talk with someone.

So am reverting to this media.

Dianne

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Helllo @Dianne123

I am very sorry you have experienced these wait times with us currently. 

I have private messaged you the install link for you to do on your computer.

I hope this helps, if not please get back to us. 

apdtas
1 Post
Cover User

2015.3 Update for more than one laptop. Hi how do I make sure that all my laptops and users are updated to 2015.3 at the same time?

Radiant
2 Posts
Cover User

I have downloaded the new version of MYOB but I need to now close the Payroll Year and then where can I find the NEW tax tables to load into the new financial year?

Can someone please point me in the right direction

Thank you

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @apdtas,

Please note that you are able to download the compliance update on each individual machine at your convenience - there is no need to have them all update at the same time. You should be prompted to update your software when you first sign into your current version, upon which you can simply step through the prompts to install the update.

Additionally, you are also able to access the installation to the compliance update via your my.MYOB account. Once you've logged in, select the My Products tab > Downloads > select the relevant product, and a list of all the download links you are entitled to should populate on the screen. 

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again should you have any other queries.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Radiant,

Closing a payroll year can be done by going into File > Close A Year > Close A Payroll Year. Assuming you are on AccountRight v2015.3, you can then load the new tax tables to set you up for the new payroll year by going into Setup > Load Payroll Tax Tables.

You may also find our help page on Closing a payroll year to be of help in assisting you through this process.

Please do let us know how you go, don't hesitate to post again if you require further assistance.

Kindest,

Tallie

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When I logged into my.myob the latest version did not show in the list.

When will this be done so I am able to upgrade?

Thanks.

Heather-R
3 Posts
Cover User

I assume this update is for Australian users, not NZers?

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

hi @Heather-R

The update is for both NZ and Aust - however you are correct - it is more for Australians for compliance and end of year - but there is some bug fixes and minor changes to improve speed etc.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Kelly81,

As the compliance update is made available to clients in staggered releases (e.g. provided to groups of clients in segments), it may have been the case that it had simply not been made available to you at the time. You should now be able to obtain the installer link from your my.MYOB.

For your convenience, I have also sent you a private message containing the download link to v2015.3.

Please feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Kindest,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Heather-R,

As @jenniek has helpfully noted, v2015.3 is predominantly a compliance update released to address any ATO changes for the new financial year. However, we do encourage that you go ahead and install this update even if the compliance changes are not relevant to you, as it has also addressed performance and speed issues, as well as known defects. The blog post above provides you with a list of fixes and improvements available in this update.

Please feel free to post again anytime you have any other queries, or require further assistance.

Kindest,

Tallie

brendan1978
3 Posts
Cover User

i need the server based update as i have multiple users on one pc

where can i find this?

update isnt showing on myob login under downloads

regards

brendan

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello @brendan1978

@Tallie_Mis looking into seeing why it is not available for us to download.

I was sent the link in private message. They may do the same for you.

Kind Regards,

Carlisa

Matyas_K
MYOB Staff
703 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hello @brendan1978,

I have sent you a private message with a download link for the server edition for you convenience.

Please don't hesitate to post again should you require any further assistance.

Warm Regards,
Matyas

christineh
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi, i have just upgraded from V19.10 to 2015.3.

All went smoothly but i just want to double check that by upgrading it included the compliance update.

So the question I have is "Have i got the 2015 compliance updates?"

Thanks

Christine

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @christineh,

As v2015.3 is the compliance update, so long as the installation went through successfully and you are able to open up your datafile for use in this new version, you should be set up and ready to go.

To be safe, you can check by opening up your company file, going into Help > About MYOB AccountRight, and ensuring that the version number as listed is 2015.3. Once you have done this, assuming you have already rolled over the payroll year*, the last thing to do would be to load the tax tables for the new year - this can be done by going into Setup > Load Payroll Tax Tables. The new tax tables should have the a table revision date of 1/07/2015.

*If you are not sure as to which payroll year you are currently in, you can check by going into Setup > General Payroll Information. The current payroll year end date should be June 30, 2016. If you have not currently rolled over, you can do so by going into File > Close A Year > Close A Payroll Year.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you have any other queries, or require further assistance.

Kindest,

Tallie

TheVirus
2 Posts
User

Installing MYOB on a new computer ... Login to my.myob.co.nz ...go to my Products --> Download etc....and the only version avaible is 2015.2. The company file online has already been upgraded to 2015.3 and so now stuck as can't open file on new install. Really wish MYOB would get this sorted as it is causing alot of frustration for customer and sitting on the phone for 45 mins is hardly productive to get the same responce so many other people are asking for.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @TheVirus,

We are aware that this has understandably caused a lot of frustration for our clients. Please do note that we are actively looking into the matter, and do hope to resolve the issue soon so that clients will be able to access the updates from their my.MYOB.

In the meantime, I have gone ahead and sent you a private message containing the installer link to AccountRight v2015.3.

Kindest,

Tallie

cathyp
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Same issue in NZ - have updated some pcs but the one at home wont open the online file, my.myob only has 2015.2 and I need the server edition as some files are on a shared folder on our server but the only link above is the pc version - what a shambles! Why  can't you just post the link

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @cathyp,

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

I have gone ahead and sent you a private message with the requested installer link to the server edition of v2015.3.

Kindest,

Tallie

Mat_Holland
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi we have multiple computers, is the link for 2015.3 going to be put on the NZ downloads page so that we can update our computers easily?

Thanks Mat

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Mat_Holland,

The v2015.3 installer link is scheduled to be made available on my.MYOB for all NZ clients sometime in mid-July. We do understand that this is a rather inconvenient means and do apologize for the matter. Please do note, however, that you are also able to obtain the latest download from the following link:

MYOB Download AccountRight

Additionally, for your convenience, I have also gone ahead and sent you the installer link via private message.

Cheers,

Tallie

Aly211
5 Posts
User

Hi I hear that version 2015.3 is available but we have not been prompted to upgrade our software.  We only upgraded ours to 2015.2 last week.  How do we get the newer version with the new tax table before we run the next pay.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Helllo @Aly211

The upgrade server looks at the serial number and your account on our end, then it will show the upgrade if that serial number is linked to an active support agreement. I have had a look at your account using the information from your forum login and there is only an expired test drive linked to that email address.

Can you please private message me your serial number (Setup>>Company Information) and I can email you the download link if you have active support? 

CT-56
Trusted Cover User
126 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have only just upgraded from Version 19 to 2015.2 in June 2015 and am now getting prompts to update to 2015.3 for compliances when opening my file. I thought all my software was already complying and correct tax tables installed. Can someone check if I really need 2015.3?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Cheryl,

version 2015.2 was the current version until about the middle of June. This was replaced by v2015.3 mid June and includes the required compliance updates and the payroll tax tables for 2015-16 year.

You should upgrade.

Cheers

David

DPS
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

We are continously prompted to upgrade in AR but when we click to upgrade it reloads the program making no changes. Also when I try to download 2015.3 from the products page it is unavailible.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @DPS

I see you are in NZ. Officially - 2015.3 has not yet been released into NZ - however I too have many clients getting prompted for the upgrade. It is being released to NZ customers starting Monday - so you should be able to download the upgrade next week from your my.myob.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It should be released into NZ at the same time as Australia. It would save all this confusion and headache for everyone.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight releases. The team are always reviewing the release schedule for future updates to make sure that we provide the update to the most clients over a suitable timeframe. Generally we tend to do a staggered release of the program to spread out the workflow for the download servers and for the phone system to assist users with the updates. However in saying that thank you for your feedback, I've shared it with the team.

cathyp
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If it was not available in NZ till mid July why did my install at work automatically bring up the update and install it in June - that is what was causing the issues. once you updated one install then the others wouldn't auto update, couldn't open files and couldn't access downlaod link on NZ Server - sorted now but what a shambles!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @cathyp

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight 2015.3 update.

We are reviewing the updating process and looking into why some users did receive the update prompt on certain computers when the update was intended not be released to them at that point in the release schedule.

You mentioned that you have got the updated sorted on your system and are all working on AccountRight 2015.3, which is fantastic. Do post again on the MYOB Community Forum is you require further assistance.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M, easy solution make it available to all at the same time. It is highly unlikely that a huge number of people will try and upgrade at the same time.

It is very frustrating for NZ's to find out an update is available but not be able to access it.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81

Thank you for your additional feedback in regards to this. I have shared this with the team in regards to future updates being available for users.