John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

This update addresses issues reported by customers with the new remittance features in AccountRight 2015.4, which we released earlier this month (see what changed in 2015.4).

If you send remittance advices, please install this update when prompted in your software.

Here’s what’s changed:

• When emailing remittance advices for Spend Money transactions, the email address entered in the Profile tab of the customer or supplier card will now be used automatically.

Profile email

• When emailing remittance advices for Pay Bills transactions, the address entered in the Payment Details tab of the supplier card will be used. If you haven’t entered an email address for remittances, AccountRight will now use the address entered in the Profile tab instead.

• (NZ only) Remittance advice delivery options have been added to the Payment Details tab of supplier cards, so you can set your print/email options for each supplier.

Remittance Delivery

This feature was added to the Australian releases in AccountRight 2015.4.

• Entering an invalid email address when sending remittance advices will no longer cause AccountRight to crash.

How to update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days.

If you’re using:

• AccountRight 2015.4 or earlier: You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.au (AU) or my.myob.co.nz (NZ).

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Visit myob.com/upgrade to download this release.

Things to note:

• This update won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003. We recommend Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

• Your shortcut icons won’t update. They’ll still appear as 2015.4.

• Your company file won’t need upgrading, which means computers using 2015.4 or 2015.4.1 can access your file without a problem.

• When installation is complete, you won’t see a confirmation message. You can restart AccountRight immediately after installing the update.

• You’ll only be prompted to install this update if you use the PC Edition of AccountRight. If you use the Server Edition on any computers, you’ll need to download the full 2015.4.1 installer from my.myob.com.au (AU) or my.myob.co.nz (NZ) and then install the release on those computers.
16 Comments
Aberdeen
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi John

I have posted in the community asking where I can download the latest update 2015.4.1.

To be informed that 2015.4 is the latest update (this is the only one I am seeing when I go to my.MYOB - downloads as well).

On coming to the website I see you put this up last Friday 23/10/15?

And also when I go into my software it is saying there is a new update?

I have installed 2015.4 on 16.10.15.

Can you clarify please?

Thank you

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Aberdeen,

As we are releasing 2015.4.1 with a staggered release approach, if you are using AccountRight 2015.4 then you shall receive a prompt to update when you open your company file today.

Once completed please relaunch the software, you can go to Help > About to check the version number. The product name should indicate 2015.4.1, and the file version should be 2015.4.17.6418. 

The download links will also be available on my.MYOB tomorrow the 28th for Australian users, and 29th for NZ users. 

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards

Clover

Williams2015
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Hi,

The server installer for 2015.4.1 will not proceed because it beleives that it is already installed.

Should I have to uninstall 2015.4 from the server to then install a minor point release?

Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Williams2015,

Thanks for your message.

If you are receiving the message that it is already installed, it would be best to uninstall all previous versions of MYOB. Before doing so, please make a backup of your company file for safety precautions. Please try this and let us know if you are still receiving the message after uninstalling all other versions.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sebastien

MYOB Client Support

maxb
1 Post
Cover User
I was able to install on my laptop using windows 8.1 but this upgrade has a problem for me using windows 10 on my HP 20 computer. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @maxb,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble upgrading to AccountRight 2015.4.1 on Windows 10. Did you receive any particular error message when you tried to do the upgrade?

Often we find the upgrade installation issues can be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Please go to Control Panel to uninstall AccountRight, then download the installer directly from my.MYOB to reinstall. Please also make sure all Windows updates are successfully installed, and the computer was restarted after the install. 

Please do let us know how you go.

Kind regards

Clover

MYOB Social Support

Mummsy
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, I have just returned from leave to find that our computers are running different file versions of MYOB. The details are:

Server: Version 2015.4.17.5484

File Version: 2015.4.17.5484

Computer: Version 2015.4.17.5484

File version: 2015.4.17.6418

I have tried to update the server version, but this is the updated.

The computer (which I updated today)  has the different version. I can't check with the other office person as she is now away on leave.

Please advise

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mummsy,

It is not a deal breaker to use both 2015.4 and 2015.4.1, as the file does not needs to be upgraded coming from 2015.4 to 2015.4.1, it can be accessed in both versions.

However, it is best to run the same and latest version on all computers. You can download the installer directly from my.MYOB, when you run the installer it shall prompt you to uninstall existing v2015.4 first, then run it again to install 2015.4.1. Or you can always go to Control Panel to uninstall existing AccountRight first, then run 2015.4.1 installer.

Once the update is completed, all software shall show File Version 2015.4.17.6418. Please feel free to let us know how you go. 

BCP231
1 Post
Cover User

Hi there, where can i get more info about MYOB2015.4 i am wanting to know if there is a way i can send invoices bulk with attachments if that makes sense?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BCP231,

You can view the AccountRight 2015.4 blog to find out all new features added in 2015.4, you can also check out the blogs of previous AccountRight versions to view the features they've brought in.

Currently you can send invoices with attachments, however it does require you to click into the individual invoice and attach attachments to it. When you go to Print/Email Invoices > To be Emailed tab, there isn't an option there to add attachments there.

Please do not hesitate to post again at any time if you have more queries. 

marki
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

My error message is failed to install contact myob, what am I to do?

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner
marki
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

There is no advice there that fulfills our need, and no links on the error message, other than to contact support,..which might as previously mean an hour on hold?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @marki,

Sorry to hear you are having issue upgrading AccountRight.

What version of AccountRight are you currently using? Are you using Server Edition or the PC Edition? Were you trying to upgrade using the in software upgrade prompt, or did you download the installer from my.MYOB? Was there an error code with the 'failed to install' error message?

Generally speaking, if you run into issue updating the new AccountRight, it can often be solved by uninstalling existing AccountRight then install the latest version directly. You can log in my.MYOB > My Products > download to download the installer.

If you need urgent help or do wish to speak to someone, please feel free to contact our Support Team. We've been reviewing our support options in the last several months, you shall experience a much shorter waiting time compare to earlier days.

Please feel free to let us know how it goes. 

marki
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

pc edition

In window upgrade promopt

no error code

other pcs users have said they get same message, you want us to uninstall, download, reinstall each pc?

version 2015.4 trying for 2015.4.1,

Any clues?

mark

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @marki,

Thank you for the additional information. In the event that the in software updater fails to upgrade, please do uninstall the existing AccountRight first then install the latest version directly. Since you were using PC Edition before, you can also download the PC Edition installer again from my.MYOB

If you have multiple computers to update, you can transfer the downloaded installer to other workstations via an USB, instead of downloading the installer again.

Please do let us know how you go.