John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

In this release we’ve added some great workflow improvements, and tackled the most common errors reported by you.

Update 23/10: We've just released a small update that fixes some issues. If you've already installed 2015.4, you'll receive the update soon.

Improvements you’ve asked for

• You can now change your preferences without having to close all AccountRight windows that are currently open. So if you’re in the middle of a transaction and need to change a preference, you can do it without losing what you’re working on.

Preferences

• You can now use keyboard shortcuts when using a selection list. For example, press Alt+N to create a new card while you’re viewing your customer list in the Sales window, instead of mouse-clicking the New button.

Shortcuts

• Upgraded to Windows 10? If you’re using a high resolution monitor, AccountRight will now scale when your monitor is set to display objects at 125% or 150% DPI. Note that on large monitors, fonts may appear blurry. You can improve this by disabling Windows scaling for AccountRight

Windows Display

And if you’re using Windows 7 or 8 and your monitor is set to 125%, the Card Information window will now display correctly too.
  • You can now choose the default delivery status for supplier remittance advices. If you prefer to email remittance advices to a supplier instead of printing them, go to the Payment Details tab of the supplier’s card and choose To be Emailed.

Remittance Delivery

Update 23/10: We've released a small update that fixes some issues reported with this feature. If you've already installed 2015.4, you'll receive the update soon.

• We’ve improved the default layout of several reports, so you don’t need to resize the columns to better fit the page. The updated reports include Aged Receivables [Summary], General Ledger [Summary], Profit and Loss, Trial Balance, and Balance Sheet.

Report layout

• The Selected Form field in all Advanced Filters windows now filter to match what you type in the field. This makes it easy to select your form by just typing a couple of characters, or if you have a long list of customised forms, you can find the one you want in the list faster.

Form selection

• Now you can easily edit the Comment and Ship Via fields in the Sales and Purchases windows. When you click into these fields and start typing the cursor will remain where you clicked, instead of moving to the end of the text.

Field

What we’ve fixed

A lot of time and effort has gone into making this release more stable than ever, with big improvements to how AccountRight processes and validates the information you enter.

For example, AccountRight can now handle complex validation requests more efficiently, so you’re less likely to experience windows ‘freezing’. We’ve also improved how AccountRight validates information in the background, so you should no longer see random error messages appear when you’ve moved on to another window.

And we’ve also tightened up the way AccountRight handles connection errors, so if you lose a connection while trying to open a window, AccountRight won’t crash.

Here are some more things we’ve fixed in this release.

Sales and purchases

• When recording multiple quotes using the Sales Register, AccountRight would crash. This has been fixed.

• When converting a purchase quote to an order, the quote’s credit terms will be carried over, rather than reverting to COD.

Emailing

• When clicking a checkbox in the To Be Emailed view of the Review Before Delivery window, the email information relating to the selected line is now displayed. Previously clicking the checkbox would select the line, but not show the related email details. The affected windows are Review Invoices Before Delivery, Review Purchases Before Delivery, and Review Statements Before Delivery.

• An incorrect message would appear when closing the Review Before Delivery window if you had attempted to send emails without specifying an address. This has been resolved. The affected windows are Review Remittance Advice Before Delivery, Review Statements Before Delivery, Review Invoices Before Delivery and Review Purchase Orders Before Delivery.

• An error would occur if, when emailing a sale or purchase, you closed the Email window before the address was validated. This has been fixed.

• We’ve fixed an issue where the incorrect form layout would be used when emailing invoices (eg Professional layout used instead of Service layout).

Reporting

• The Report Creation Date on custom reports now shows as the date and time it was printed or displayed, not the date that you last saved your changes to the custom report.

Payroll (Australia)

• Errors when adding entitlement payroll categories to employee pays during a pay run have been resolved.

• When editing a timesheet that has already been used in a pay run, AccountRight will no longer crash.

• When a payroll category doesn’t register correctly on an employee’s standard pay, AccountRight will no longer crash. Instead you’ll get help on how to resolve the issue. 

• An error that would occur for some clients at step 7 of the Payment Summary Assistant has been resolved.

• Some users experienced a Withholding Payer Number (WPN) error when closing their payroll year. This has been resolved.

• When using the Allocate Jobs window to allocate payroll category amounts to jobs in an employee’s pay, the calculator was not available. You can now access the calculator by pressing the spacebar in the Amount column.

• The columns in the Superannuation Fund List window have been renamed to match the labels used in the Superannuation Fund Information window.

• When entering hours against a wage category that has the “Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Salary Details” option selected, the base hours on the pay would automatically reduce but the leave hours accrued on the pay would not recalculate. This has been resolved.

Upgrading

• We’ve made small changes to the Upgrade Assistant’s layout and text to make it easier for you to upgrade your AccountRight Classic files and put them online. 

• We’ve resolved an issue where AccountRight would crash if a very old Premier file (.prm file) was selected to be upgraded.

Banking

• A rounding issue that caused a 1 cent out of balance when reconciling accounts has been resolved.

How to get the update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers over the next few days.

If you’re using:

• AccountRight 2015.3 or earlier: You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.au (AU) or my.myob.co.nz (NZ).

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Visit myob.com/upgrade to download this release.

Note: This release won’t install on Windows XP or Server 2003. We recommend Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 for PCs, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later for servers.

25 Comments
TraceyR
Contributing Partner
18 Posts
Contributing Partner

In our office the update needs to be done as an administrator install on the server.  It involves a number of steps including a third party imaging application and is not as quick and simple as just clicking the button when you open up your company file, and if our office IT person is on leave we need to organise our external IT support to do this.  Surely Professional Partners/Accountants could be advised by email that an update is available or about to be available so then we can go in and download the update as soon as possible to install on the server and be ready for when our clients have updated their files.  It makes it very frustrating when we try and go in to our clients file this morning and find out they have updated, when we didn't even know there was an update available. MYOB send us a number of interesting emails about things they are doing, why can't this be one of them? 

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi @TraceyR,

Thanks for the great feedback. You’re right, there’s more we can do to help. We’ll now provide details of upcoming releases in InPractice, our fortnightly newsletter for partners. I hope you find it even more interesting!  

I’ve also arranged for someone to call and help you out.

Regards

John

Jalo
6 Posts
Cover User

Are you going to post an email with a link to the upgrade?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jalo,

If you are using the new AccountRight (2015.3 or earlier), you would be prompted to update automatically when you open the company file.

As we do use a staggered release approach to deliver the updates, you may have not received the prompt today. However, you can always log on to my.MYOB to download the installer directly. 

Please feel free to post on the forum if you run into any issues, we are more than happy to help.

Jalo
6 Posts
Cover User

Just clicked on the link you sent to my.MYOB, which leads to a product registration/payment page, neither of which is relevant.  Perhaps I'll just wait until you send me the prompt!

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

MYOB LWY sounds like there has been some great fixes in this release.  Thank you for fixing the preferences very happy about that oneSmiley Very Happy  Clients will be thrilled with the default delivery status for supplier remittance advice.  Thanks for listeningSmiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jalo

The link that @CloverQ has linked is to the generic my.MYOB account page for both Australia and New Zealand. You can click on your countries name to access the required sign in page or use the below links to access it:

Australia - my.MYOB account sign in page
New Zealand - my.MYOB account sign in page

Do let us know how you get on and if your require further assistance.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

You are most welcome. Its our pleasure to deliver AccountRight 2015.4 and its fantastic to see some MYOB Community ideas added to the program. 

A-E
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB,

Thank you very much for the latest upgrade, it appears to have rectified a lot of the problems I was experiencing and will be extremely helpful in saving time!

Looking forward to downloading the new version when I next open MYOB.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @A-E

Fantastic, I'm glad to hear that you are looking forward to downloading the update. Its terrific to hear that it looks like it will correct your issues and save you some time with your accounts.

Do let us know how you get on and if require further assistance.

Hearts
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When i try to update it keeps crashing after telling me i do not have permissions to make the upgrade. I am the only user, intaller, administrator. How can this be? 

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Hearts,

Great to see that you have already posted your query on The Community Forum, where our moderators and Partners would be able to better assist. I have responded there accordingly.

WayneK
4 Posts
Cover User

I enter all payments via the Banking - Spend Money section. This update has removed the link to the email address of suppliers. It is now necessary to manually enter email addresses.

When will MYOB correct this so that email addresses are linked to the Print/Email Remittance function in the Banking tab?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @WayneK

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find this a wealth of knowledge.

I would recommend taking a look at my post on a similar enquiry elsewhere on the MYOB Community Forum - here

Do let us know how you get on and if you require any further assistance.

BMScott
5 Posts
Former Staff

It may be a good time to post a reminder that all MYOB clients can sign up for eBulletin, our weekly (usually) newsletter for technical bulletins and software update information.  You'll also get information on free online learning opportunities and other topics of interest, but the main focus is on application releases and and important support news.

Just log into my.MYOB as usual, and select the "Edit Profile" button in the upper left (see image), then scroll down to choose the topics you're interested in hearing about!

eB-Signup.png

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User

The preference improvement is long awaited and a great move.

Has anything been done to stabilise Inventory in this version?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mags

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight 2015.4.  I agree its great to see the preferences window being able to be opened without closing all windows being added.

In relation to your enquiry, no direct inventory improvements have been added to this release. However it is something that we are looking into for the future.

notabookeeper
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is anyone else having trouble updating? Every time I click the update now button within my software it just prompts me to log in again but nothing else happens...

ATSPlumb
1 Post
Cover User

I am also having the same problem with updating.  It just prompts me to log in again but nothing else happens.

notabookeeper
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I kept trying and it finally let me upgrade today - after more than a week!

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @notabookeeper and @ATSPlumb,

We do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We do hope that both your issues has since been resolved.

Please note we are aware some of our clients have experienced problems updating their software from within the program, and are currently looking into the matter.

If you are still having issues, we do recommend you download the update via your my.MYOB. Once you've signed in, click on the My Products tab > Downloads > select your product, and a list of all the download links you are entitled to should be available on the screen.

Cheers,

Tallie

JoannaR
1 Post
Cover User

I would love to use all these new features but as I need to use multicurrencies I can't, I am stuck using version 19.  Do we have a date yet for multicurrencies to be added to 2015??

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @JoannaR,

The current plan is for multi-currency to be introduced in a 3-step delivery processing consisting of the following steps:

- Ability to migrate Classic clients that have stopped using multi-currency

- Foreign currency exchange service for importers

- Transition path to MYOB Advanced

We will intially be looking at migrating clients on the older platform who no longer require the multi-currency function. The second step, which is the one applicable to you, involves incorporating a foreign exchange currency service to AccountRight Live files through an add-on that will allow for this capability. Those that require a more flexible and tailored multi-currency feature may then opt to move across to MYOB Advanced.

Unfortunately, there is no exact ETA set as of yet as to when this will be delivered, however, when the first step is due to be implemented, we will be notifying our clients accordingly.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Tallie_M, isn't it time to include a final step which reads "AccountRight will not be upgraded to include multiple currencies"? At least then we will all know where we stand.

amandavernon
1 Post
User

Thank you very much for the latest upgrade, it appears to have rectified a lot of the problems I was experiencing and will be extremely helpful in saving time!

Just wanted to join all said above regarding this update. Great job to make user experience better! http://buyessays.cheap/