AccountRight 2016.1.1 (AU) now available

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

92Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

We're excited to announce the Australian release of AccountRight 2016.1.1! It has all the features and fixes we included in the recent New Zealand release, including easier ways to email and online invoicing PLUS there are new ways to get paid faster!

This update also resolves the Microsoft security update issue: Microsoft recently released a Windows security update that prevented some clients from accessing their AccountRight company files. Install this 2016.1.1 release to permanently resolve the issue.

If you previously installed AccountRight 2016.1 you’ll be prompted to install the 2016.1.1 update very soon. If you turned off Windows updates due to this issue, please turn it back on and install all Windows security updates after you install the 2016.1.1 update.

Easy online payments

We recently invited businesses to register their interest in a new online payment service we’re calling MYOB PayDirect Online. If you registered, good news! Soon you’ll have early access to this great new service that lets your customers pay you conveniently online.

In just a few clicks, customers can pay using a Visa or MasterCard credit card (with more payment options coming soon).

Select the payment method

When viewing their invoices online, your customers won’t miss the big green Pay now button. The payment amount reflects any early payment discounts that apply.

Blue Bowl Invoice

Once a payment’s been made, the details will automatically appear in your AccountRight company file, and the payment will be applied to the invoice it relates to, saving you from having to record the payment yourself.

To offer online invoicing and payments to your customers, your AccountRight company file needs to be online. Learn about setting up MYOB PayDirect Online for your business.

Get ready for online payments

This online payment service will roll out to all users soon, with priority given to businesses who registered their interest earlier this year. We’ll let you know when it’s ready for you to sign up.

In the meantime, here are two things you should do after updating to AccountRight 2016.1, which will get you ready to receive payments online:

1. Work online: Your company file needs to be online, so if you haven’t done so already, learn how to upload your file.

2. Use AccountRight to send emails, instead of Outlook: Once you switch, any invoices you email can be viewed online. When you set up PayDirect Online, the invoices you send can be paid online. Learn how to switch

How to update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers in Australia over the next few days.

If you’re using:

• AccountRight 2015.4 or earlier: You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.au.

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Visit myob.com/upgrade to download this release.
38 Comments
DebbieTC
3 Posts
Cover User

How much does PayDirect online cost?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DebbieTC

You'll be happy to hear that there are no signup fees, monthly access fees or cancellation fees - just make sure you keep your AccountRight subscription up to date.

Merchant transaction fees will apply of course, and we'll tell you more about the pricing, terms and conditions when our first users are invited to jump on board (it's looking like we'll go live after the Easter long weekend, so it won't be long now). 

Steve

MelLBrissie
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MelLBrissie
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Also what about a credit card fee. Can that be added to the invoice amount if they decide to pay via credit card??

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MelLBrissie

You can track the delivery status of all emails by going to the Sent Emails window, accessible from the Command Centre.

The first column in the window shows a green tick for all emails that were sent successfully. The Send Type drop-down lets you filter the list too. 

Send Emails

As for adding a surcharge for credit card payments, this isn't supported yet. But I've passed on your request to the PayDirect Online team for them to consider.

Steve

SteveFen
9 Posts
Cover User

Can i update to 2016.1.1 while offline as i always work offline

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hey @SteveFen, yes, if you have an AccountRight subscription you can update to 2016.1.1 even if you don't have an online file. 

If by "work offline" you mean you have an online file, but it's currently checked out, you should check it in before updating your software.

Hope that answers your question,

Steve

SteveFen
9 Posts
Cover User

As you can see i am being prompted to update to 2016.1.1 however when i click on update now i am prompted to back up which i do then i get returned to the open file page and i am back where i started. I currently have a MYOB Account right Live plus recurring subscription and i don't have an online file

Capture.PNG

SteveFen
9 Posts
Cover User

Also my current version is AccountRight Plus AU 2015.4.1

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@SteveFen What if you don't back up your file when prompted? Are you able to continue with the update?

If that doesn't work, here's what you can do instead: since you're entitled to the latest version, download and install 2016.1.1 from the AccountRight download page. Remember to start AccountRight using the new shortcut icon on your desktop.

steve

Sunnyland
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner

Can the invoice portal be brand only with my business details and using my business image?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sunnyland In this release you can't personalise the invoice portal, but if you add your logo or branding to the invoice form in AccountRight, it'll give the portal a personal touch, like in the example below.

Blue Bowl Invoice

MultiScreen
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If, for some reason, we decide to revert back to emailing through Outlook, do we have this option to switch back ?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@MultiScreen Yes, you can switch back to Outlook by going to the Setup menu > Preferences > Emailing tab, and deselecting the Send Emails using AccountRight option. 

Email preference

MultiScreen
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Awesome - many thanks for the quick respones StevenR

larne24
6 Posts
User

Hi, I have this morning updated to Accountright 2016.1.1 and then re installed the Microsoft Security update that was causing the problems, as suggested, but it has gone back to not printing invoices and reports. This update hasn't addressed the printing problem as highlighted last week by some users.

magsamillion
4 Posts
Cover User

will payslips be emailed directly from MYOB as well?  can an attachment be sent with the invoice?  we send out progress claim sheets with each invoice.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@larne24 Sorry to hear that. We've had a few clients report issues printing forms and reports since installing the security update. While we don't have a solution yet, here are some things that might help you and others with a similar problem:

One of our clients solved their issues by updating their .NET Framework. See if this works for you too (and if it does, please let us know). See the post here.

As you know, this issue is being discussed on the Community Forum, and it would be great if you could provide some details about your computer/printer that could help identify the cause of the issue. Add your comments to this thread.

The only workarounds that we know will work are to uninstall the security update, or alternatively to save the form/report as a PDF and then print the documents. They're obviously not great solutions, so we're continuing to investigate this.

---

@magsamillion Yes to both questions! All emails will be emailed directly from AccountRight, and you can still attach a document to individual invoice emails.

magsamillion
4 Posts
Cover User

Awesome!  Will do update software and start learning then.

larne24
6 Posts
User

Thanks StevenR, my printing problems have been solved by updating the .NET Framework.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

That's great news @larne24! Thanks for getting back to us, and I'll pass this onto our support and development teams to look into. Smiley Happy

GSlogistics
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How do I get more information on PayDirect Online?

This is definitely something our company is interested in.

Thanks.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GSlogistics, have you checked out the online payments help page? It has an overview of what's coming, how to set up PayDirect Online, how payments are handled in your software, and what you'll need to do to get started.

Lots more information will be coming later this month, including the fees, terms and conditions. We can't wait for PayDirect Online to launch, and we know you're going to love it!

Steve

petethec
2 Posts
Cover User

Cant upgrade MYOB.

I'm using VMWare Fusion for Windows on my Mac and it cannot access my desktop.

Error Message -

Could not access network location \\vwware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop

Not sure why it needs to access the desktop but no installation for me...

SteveFen
9 Posts
Cover User

I have downloaded the update but when i try and install i get this message and i am wary of unistalling

Capture.PNG

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hey @petethec, we can't think of an obvious cause for your issue. Maybe check the Shared Folders setup of your virtual machine? Do the VMWare Tools need updating?

We're no experts on VMWare Fusion around here, so maybe try posting your issue on the 'Installing and Upgrading' Community Forum board, and hopefully someone with VMWare Fusion experience can help you out. Also check the VMWare Fusion Community for possible solutions.

@SteveFen That message suggests to me that you've already successfully installed 2016.1! Look for the AccountRight 2016.1 icon in the Windows Start menu, and there should be a new 2016.1 icon on your desktop too. You should no longer use the 2015.4 icons to start AccountRight.

petethec
2 Posts
Cover User

Thanks @StevenR - my desktop folder is called desktop 2 for some reason, so I dont think MYOB is ever going to find it.  Looks like I wont be upgrading ever...

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would turning on the "email from AccountRight" option still store the sent emails in Outlook? When we send purchase orders and requests for quotes from AccountRight, we attach them into our job database via outlook. Or, can you turn on the email from AccountRight option only for sales invoices or will it be for all emails sent?

If it doesn't use outlook at all, will the sent emails be saved in a folder somewhere that we would still be able to attach into the other software program and access for reference later?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherDBS , great questions! If you choose to email using AccountRight, no emails will be saved in your Outlook's Sent Emails folder, and you won't be able to attach the sent emails to other programs. All the history and details will be accessible from AccountRight only. And all emails will be sent via AccountRight if you choose the new option.

One way you could work around this is to CC yourself, by adding an additional email address in the To... field when sending the emails, like below (separate the addresses with a semi-colon). This could be your business email address, and that way you'll have an exact copy of the sent email for your records in your Outlook Inbox.

Multiple recipients

To avoid having to enter your address in the To field manually each time, you can add the address to the Email field in the supplier card (like below), and it will appear each time for you.

Multiple addresses

TIP: You can vote for improvements to the emailing feature on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. Our development teams review these ideas regularly, so make sure you add your vote and feedback.

Steve

Bec_Archer
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steve

Great work.

I would like to use the Send to - Email feature in the Sales window to email invoices from within AccountRight Plus.  But I am finding that I can't edit the text in the message box of the Email Information window, which appears to be due to a limited number of characters.

I have even been into Preferences - Email Defaults and added in characters (XXXXXXX) which I could then write over the top of, but this does not work either.  The only edit I can do in the Message window is delete, not add or edit characters.

Is there any way around this, or does it need to be a future improvement?

Thanks, Bec

MelLBrissie
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, another issue that is popping up is the fact that different users that send invoices to customers the replies are only coming back to one email address, then the reply has to be forwarded on to the original sender via outook. Can it not be edited so that each user when they send an invoice can get a reply via there own email address???

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@Bec_Archer Hi Bec! I think your issue might be due to the character limit, as you mentioned. Did you know that when emailing from the Sales window, the maximum number of characters you can enter in the message is 255, but if you email the invoice from the Print/Email Invoices window, you can actually enter up to 4,000 characters? (I didn't know until now!) Maybe this could work for you? If not, please add your vote to the related suggestion on the AccountRIght Idea Exchange

---

@MelLBrissie Yes, you can only specify one reply address for all emails and all users. But if this doesn't suit your business, you should let us know on the AccountRight Idea Exchange site. Have a look around the site as we've had a few other great requests for improvements to the emailing features. If none of the existing ideas suit what you need, add a new idea for the development team to consider. We really do want to hear your feedback. :-)

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi,

I'm still not clear on if this feature is up and running yet?  When I try to setup PayDirect Online it takes me to the 'Stay tuned we're launching soon' page.  When I go back to MYOB I get the message below but was never taken to a set up page.  I always work online and am sending emails from MYOB directly. Can you please advise?  Thanks

PayDirect Online msg.PNG

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SharonSL 

Thanks for the question. The "Next steps" message will make much more sense once PayDirect Online is available, so you can ignore it for the moment.

We're currently putting the finishing touches at our end to make sure you get the best experience from day one. We'll let you know when the service is available to sign up - so keep an eye out for an email, or in-product notification announcing its availability. Thanks again for your interest in the soon-to-be-released PayDirect Online!

Steve

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Thank you for clearing that up for me Steve, these messages are very misleading.

Thanks,

Sharon

PavelMin
8 Posts
User

After updating to AR 2016.1.1 I have set up the online invoicing originally and send few invoices through it. Customers had problems opening the link to view the invoice online and I myself could open it on one computer, but not on others.

Since then the buttons View Invoice and View Activity in the invoice window reverted back to Get Set Up and trying to do that just ends up in error and a browser window that says: PayDirect Online Stay tuned we're launching soon!

So my question is: Is the feature functional and the error is on my system or have MYOB launched an upgrade with a feature that doesn't work?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PavelMin , the View online invoice and VIew  all activity buttons only appear in the Sales window after you record the invoice (but will never appear for quotes or orders). If that doesn't explain your issue, please give our support team a call, and they'll look into it further for you.

Note that the Get Set Up button has always appeared in the AccountRight 2016.1.1 Sales window for invoices, but as the PayDirect Online service hasn't gone live yet, the "Launching soon" page appears for now - so no issue there.

Steve

Steelcity
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi when will Account Right Premier be available to support multiple currencies ?

I am still using V19 Premier and would like to upgrade, however need multiple currencies.

Thanks