AccountRight 2016.2 now available

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

92Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Take the stress out of compliance work with the latest release of AccountRight.

Easier payment summaries (AU)

This year the ATO requires all businesses to submit their payment summary information (known as the Payment Summary Annual Report, or EMPDUPE) online using the ATO Business Portal. So we’ve updated the Payment Summary Assistant to reflect the requirement changes.

But in bigger news, we’ve implemented two of the most popular requests for payment summary improvements on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange:

• Payment summary amendments: If you lodge a payment summary, and later realise there was an error or you forgot to include some required information, you can now prepare an amended payment summary using AccountRight, and create an EMPDUPE file that’s lodged using the ATO’s Business Portal. No more paper forms for amended payment summaries.

Amend payment summaries

• Email payment summaries: You can now email original and amended payment summaries to your employees using AccountRight or Microsoft Outlook, direct from the Payment Summary Assistant.

Email payment summaries

You can still save PDFs to your computer for your own records, but the new emailing feature will save lots of time distributing the summaries to your employees. 

Are you ready?

Payment summaries aren’t due until July, but to lodge payment summaries online using the ATO’s Business Portal you need to have an AUSkey. You should register for an AUSkey today if you don’t already have one.

Also note that the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers aren’t compatible with the Business Portal, so you’ll need to use another browser when accessing the portal.

Easier to get SuperStream compliant (AU)

All Australian businesses need to be SuperStream compliant by 30 June this year. So if you haven’t already signed up for MYOB Pay Super, the gold-certified SuperStream service that lets you make super payments straight from AccountRight, now’s the time to do it.

We’ve made it even easier for you to sign up for MYOB Pay Super and to manage your payments in AccountRight. There have been lots of tweaks that’ll help you get on board easily, including:

• An improved Pay Super application form and bank verification process that makes it easier to get started.

• Improved help and step-by-step guides that you can access from the Pay Super windows just in case you get stuck or need a refresher.

• You can now review your Pay Super details, such as your payment limit and who’s been set up as an authoriser, from AccountRight. Click Pay Super Settings in the Pay Superannuation window to get the details. Soon, you’ll also be able to change some of the details online without having to fill in any paper forms.

Pay Super

• After you verify your bank account we’ll now automatically set each fund in your file to be payable via Pay Super. But you should still review the funds to ensure the registered name and any missing details have been entered.

Are you ready?

All businesses need to be SuperStream compliant by 30 June 2016. But we recommend you sign up to Pay Super now, as EOFY is a busy time of year.

Signing up is easy, it’s free with your AccountRight subscription, and you can start making payments (and saving lots of time and paperwork!) even before the deadline.

Easier GST reporting (NZ)

We’ve worked with Inland Revenue to help make filing and tracking GST returns much easier for you. Soon you’ll be able to file your GST returns straight from AccountRight, with no paper forms to fill in.

A few MYOB partners and clients are already trialling this feature, and over the next few weeks we’ll be rolling it out to everyone - we’ll let you know when it’s available to you.

Here’s a sneak peek at how it’ll work.

1. Click Prepare GST Return in the Accounts command centre.
  2. Log into your MYOB account.
  3. Set up your return and check over the totals that are filled in for you.

GST return

4. If you’re happy with the totals, you can file it on the spot with Inland Revenue.

Note that if you’d rather file manually, you can still print a GST Return report and use it to complete the paper form, just like you did in previous releases.

Are you ready?

You can only file GST returns online if your company file is also online.  Not online? Learn how to upload your company file

More improvements and bug fixes

We’ve also fixed several issues and improved the usability of frequently used windows and reports:

Banking

• You can now resize the Print/Email Remittance Advices, Print Receipts and Print Cheques windows.
  • The Print Receipts window now lists transactions sorted by date (oldest first) by default, instead of by amount.
  • Bank feed rule names that started or ended with a space character previously caused errors. Now the space characters are automatically removed.

Reports

• The default widths for amount columns on the Balance Sheet, Receivables Reconciliation (Summary) and Payables Reconciliation (Summary) report are now wider so you won’t need to resize them manually each time you prepare these reports.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Item Transactions report to display transactions only for the last month of the financial year.
  • AccountRight no longer crashes when adding a job-related field to the Item Transactions report.
  • The Activity Slip [Customer Detail] and Activity Slip [Employee Detail] reports no longer display non-chargeable activity slips when the Work in Progress Only filter is selected.
  • The Price Level filter in the Inventory Price List [Detail] report now displays correctly.
  • Corrected the spelling of “Activities” in the Statement of Cash Flow report.
  • API and reporting issues caused by rolling back a financial year have been resolved by creating new reversal business event lines.

Suppliers and purchases

• The Select from List window that appears when you select a supplier with outstanding quotes or orders, now shows the purchase type of each transaction (quote/order).
  • The Remittance email address in the Supplier card is now validated when added or changed.
  • If the Delete Quotes Upon Changing to and Recording as an Order or Bill preference is selected, the quote window is now automatically closed when it’s converted to an order or bill. Previously it would remain open, and would cause a crash when attempting to save the quote.

Employees and payroll (AU)

• An issue that caused the Payment Summary Information window to not show information for Labour Hire employees has been resolved.
  • When editing a recorded pay, the Pay Period Start or Ending date fields will be validated. Previously if the fields were cleared and left blank, AccountRight would crash when making a payment via Pay Super.
  • Fixed an issue that caused AccountRight to crash when printing a blank timesheet.

Emailing

• We fixed an issue that prevented emails from being sent when the recipient's email address had a top level domain consisting of more than three characters, for example .info.

How to update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers in Australia and New Zealand over the next few days. If you’re using:

• AccountRight 2016.1 or earlier: You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.com.au or my.myob.co.nz

Tip: After installing the update, look for the new 2016.2 icon on your desktop or in the Start menu. Make sure you start AccountRight using the new icon.

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Visit myob.com/upgrade to download this release.

The 2016-17 PAYG tax tables are coming soon (AU)

The PAYG tax tables for the 2016-17 financial year aren’t included in this update. They’ll be available late-June, and you’ll be notified in your software when the update containing the new tax tables is available for you to install.

For more information about tax tables and EOFY, visit myob.com.au/eofy

47 Comments
pingpong
6 Posts
Cover User

Smiley Very Happy

Nicki84
3 Posts
Cover User

Since installing 2016.2 yesterday, I cannot amend any employee cards. I need to change an hourly rate and addresses etc but I keep getting an error message and MYOB won't allow me to make any changes. I need to make these changes immediately so that I can pay the employees the correct amount. I have 2 computers and this issue is happening on both of them. One is Windows 7 and the other is Windows 8. Can someone please look into this as I need this fixed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

thank you.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Nicki84

Do you have employee pictures in those cards? Try removing them, or replace them with PNG or BMP formatted pictures. We've noticed that JPG formatted images are causing issues for some users at the moment. We're looking into why this is happening...

If this doesn't fix your issue, please call us, and we'll look into it further.

Steve

Nicki84
3 Posts
Cover User

Wow Steve your suggestion fixed the issue! Thank you so much and thanks also for your prompt response!

Regards,

Nicki  Smiley Happy

CamGuru
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I just posted this in the Community Forum but thought I'd give it a go posting here as I've been on the phone with MYOB for over 30 minutes and am still on hold...

I updated my AccountRight to the newest version last Friday (Version 2016.2). Since then I have had the "Something has gone wrong and AccountRight must close" seven times. The Error Report shows:

Code:
Unknown (0)

(Unknown): ShowUIView(CardDetail,...,...)

I'm currently on hold with MYOB after being transferred to a third department to try and find out what is causing this and how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to stop this from happening? It's already driving me crazy.

I'm running Windows 7 if that helps.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CamGuru

Have you tried the solution we suggested to Nicki84 above? Perhaps it's the same issue...? 

CamGuru
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @StevenR

We do not have any pictures in our Employee Cards. So far the error only seems to occur when I'm doing something with Sales or Purchases.

DanniTAG
1 Post
Cover User

I upgraded to 2016.2 today and now MYOB keeps shutting down on me with a similar reason, "Database already opened by a different user".  I am trying to do a bank reconciliation and it is continually shutting down on me as I am trying to enter payments received.  What do I need to do?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@CamGuru

Hmm. OK, it could still be related to the other issue, but you're best to troubleshoot this with our support staff while you're still on the phone with them.

But we'll keep an ear out for anything that can help you. When we have an answer, we'll reply to your forum post (that's the best place to keep track of your issue): 

http://community.myob.com/t5/Installing-and-upgrading/AccountRight-Error-Message-after-Updating/m-p/...

---

@DanniTAG

Sorry to hear you're having issues as well. You're best to post your question on the Community Forum with more details (like what you were entering or clicking when the error appeared), because that's a space our support team actively monitors and replies to.

Steve

CamGuru
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@StevenR Thank you for your response. I did FINALLY get through to someone who suggested that it may be to do with the AntiVirus we run and I either needed to disable the AntiVirus (not going to happen) or create an Exception to this folder: C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\MYOB. @DanniTAG this may help you also as our error had something to do with database already opened by another user. Where it says (USERNAME) enter your computers name instead. Fingers crossed this works.

Lynb
1 Post
Cover User

Hoping someone is able to  help, I cannot load the update everytime I select update, it takes me back to my login screen and when I logon nothing, just my normal MYOB?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Lynb

Are you prompted to back up after clicking Update? If you are, click No and then you should be able to continue with installing the update.

If that doesn't work for you, here's what you can do instead: since you're entitled to the latest version, download and install 2016.2 from the AccountRight download page.

After installing, remember to start AccountRight using the new 2016.2 shortcut icon on your desktop.

steve

MissChief
3 Posts
Cover User

I upgraded to 2016.2 last week had a lot of problems with it. the best solution i found was to uninstall it.

Karen

Ecoz
2 Posts
User

I will ask again as prior comment had no reply. Is there another upgrade coming shortly with the above mentioned issues fixed and what time frame is that? This upgrade won't load at all anyhow, just keeps going back to the log in screen but if it is having issues I will wait for those to be amended in the next upgrade. Please advise when that might be happening?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ecoz

If you're having problems with the 'Update now' button in AccountRight, you can download the 2016.2 update from the AccountRight Download page instead. The next AccountRight release is scheduled for late June, and will also include the updated PAYG tax tables for the 2016-17 year.

Mattern
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Having read these posts there is no way I am going to upgrage to AccountRight 2016.

Sounds too unstable and the fact that you havre to wait forever to get a support call resolution.

I'm sticking with V19.

It works!!

Karen04
1 Post
Cover User

I am trying to upgrade to 2016.2 and when it comes to browse file I cannot find it in the file section at the bottom. What am I doing wrong?

RowenG
2 Posts
Cover User

Sorry SteveR...

Your header "Take the stress out of compliance work with the latest release of AccountRight" - AccountRight might take the stress out of compliance work but it adds stress trying to do upgrades.

I've just spend time looking at the upgrade loop same as Lynb then reading this forum and seeing the same problems.

I don't have confident in this release and no way will risk trying the next release in late June. 

Sadly the only people who will read this comment are those already frustrated.... why not remove the upgrade button and just email us to download the full version.  Old-tech but at least it would make it easier for your customers

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RowenG@Mattern and @MissChief

Sorry this release hasn't gone smoothly for you. Thousands have updated to 2016.2 without an issue, but at times things don't go as they should. We test AccountRight on various system configurations and operating systems, and won't release software updates that we know have serious issues in them, and if an issue is found that's likely to affect many people, we address it right away.

It seems that some anti-virus programs or firewall software can also stop the update process from launching. So if you decide to update your software in the future, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software, start the update, and then re-enable your anti-virus software.

We work with the major anti-virus software providers to whitelist AccountRight, so that they're less likely to block activities or processes that AccountRight initiates, and which they have approved as safe. But each computer setup is different, with unique security settings and other software running, so things won't always work as expected. 

Hoping this gives you some more confidence in this release. If you do keep having issues with the update, please create a post on the Community Forum, which our tech people review, or get in touch.

Steve

Mattern
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steve,

I had a look at upgrading to 2016 but became wary after seeing that others have had issues, including the fact that The Cloud has been causing login issues.

I have tried to get answers from support but after a ridiculous amount of time stuck on hold the support person could not answer my question and put me back on hold. Gave up in disgust after again waiting too long. You can't treat users that way, we have better things to do with our time.

I was trying get some questions answered.

1. Why does the install process want me to install SQL when it already has SQl Server on it?

2. Can my data NOT be stored in "the Cloud" ? I do not wish to go off site at all with my data.

3. Will the upgrade completely transpose all my data and setting to the new version?

Regards

Peter

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@Mattern 

Hi Peter, thanks for the feedback. Yes, it's getting very busy on the phone lines, with EOFY and SuperStream deadlines just around the corner. 

Just a reminder that if you can't find the information you need in the Help Centre, then the Community Forum is the best place to get answers to questions like the ones you've asked here, as both our support staff and MYOB partners help out to respond as quickly as possible. 

But I'll do my best to answer your questions:

1. AccountRight 2016.2 requires a more recent version of Microsoft .NET, so it'll prompt you to install the new version if you don't already have it. See the system requirements.
  2. You don't need to upload your file to the cloud. Here are the instructions. Note that some features are only available if your file is online.
  3. Yes, your existing company file information will come across. You won't need to re-enter data, but there are some other tasks you'll need to do after upgrading to complete the process.

Hope that was helpful. Smiley Happy 

Steve

Mattern
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steve,

I have been able to resolve most of my issues with 2016.

It turns out my son in Sydney has many cleints who he assists with their MYOB.

He did my insatllation and coversion.

All appeared OK until I imported my daily transactions. (exported from POS system)

I decided to replicate the import on V19 and verfiy with both V2016 and my POS.

V19 had the correct balances but V2016 had incorrect balances.

Decided to wait until this morning to investigate and upon opening both versions discovered all the balances were correct.

Why was V2016 not showing the correct figures after importing the transactions last night but this morning all is OK??

Do I need to close and re-open V2016 for the data to update each time data is imported??

Regards

Peter

Mattern
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Steve,

Another question.

I can't find how to include account numbers when printing GL reports. Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, P&L etc.

V19 has an option to include them on reports.

Peter

Mattern
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Found it.

Hidden under "Show Hide"

Janet28
2 Posts
Cover User

I am very wary of upgrading especially close to EFY Has  anyone upgraded without any isseues?

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

This doesn't make sense!! Why is it asking me to upgrade?

I have:

Product:         AccountRight Standard AU 2016.2.0
Version:         2016.2.18.5106 <---note this number below
File Version: 2016.2.18.5311

I closed myob then remembered I had to do one more thing. When opening (2 seconds later), the '2016.2 now availble Update Now - Find out more' message popped up at the top of my myob.

When I click update now, it goes through the update process and mentions:

Downloading the AcountRight 2016.2.185106 update

I'm already on 2016.2.185106 (notice the missing dot though??? see above)

It then fails with:

0x80070462 - User cancelled installation

Looking up that code tells me to uninstall my moyb and try again:

A 'setup failed' error with the code 0x080070642 can happen if the installation was interrupted accidentally or by another program. So start by trying the installation again.

If the error persists, uninstall your current AccountRight version (see the FAQ below) then try the installation again.

Why is it asking me to upgrade to the same version??

BTW, I got to this thread by clicking the 'find out more' link next to the update now button I mentioned above.

DAVE77
1 Post
Cover User

same problem as above... I did the uninstall and reinstall but still get the same problem.  Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest version from my.myob web page manually and still no fix...

treasurerBill
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have already successfully upgraded to 2016.2 for the last month or so.The correct verson shows on the icon and the logon screen. Why is it now starting to ask me to upgrade again? I tried to upgrade again but it failed.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CDFFDC@DAVE77@treasurerBill

Thanks for your feedback, and apologies for the confusion. We’ve started rolling out a 2016.2.1 update to a few users and partners, but unfortunately a configuration issue caused the update message to go out to a wider group, causing the error you’ve experienced. The issue has now been resolved, so you shouldn’t have the issue again.

Note that you can expect the 'Update' message to reappear (and work!) later this week when we make the 2016.2.1 update (which includes the 2016-17 PAYG tax tables) available to install from within AccountRight.

Steve

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks Steven,

I was beginning to suspect something happened when seeing the posts after mine and similar to mine.

Just to let you know, it's still showing, even after a reboot.

I'll post back if/when it stops.

RKJ
4 Posts
Cover User

Good morning all.

Unable to upgrade v19 company file to MYOB 2016.2

We use Windowserver 2008 with remote desktops all running Windows 7

When upgrading our file, the process gets to 'Inventry Event Post Migration', showing all green cells filled, then the program appears to stop and not proceed.  Even overnight running does not help.

Have tried Verification and Optimisation, no success.

i always select the option to use the program offline.

Inventory items total 5700.

Any suggestions?

Leaph
Trusted Cover User
50 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi. I upgraded to 2016.2 last night on our server and during the upgrade process, the Microsoft net framework 4.6.1 was installed.  Our server was also restarted without a request or a warning which left the rest of our staff's computers unable to access the server. Because I was unable to warn them, the files they were working on were not saved or shut down correctly!

After the server restarted, our Microsoft Exchange 2010 no longer worked which meant we have lost our emails.

Last night I googled Microsoft net framework 4.6.1 and it does not support Microsoft Exchange 2013, as we are running 2010  I assume it does not support that either.  There were many warnings on the site about not upgrading to this framework because of the problems it caused.

Is there a patch or fix for this MYOB upgrade issue?  I will have to uninstall the MYOB upgrade today to give our staff back their emails.

I hope that  the information I gave given you will assist with resolving this problem.  Has anyone else reported an issue with their Exchange?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers

Lea

Leaph
Trusted Cover User
50 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Everyone

I sent the last post from home hoping that there would be a response by the time I got to work.  However, there is no need for a reply because our issue with the emails seems to have resolved itself overnight.  The 2016.2 upgrade appears to be working smoothly too.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers

Lea

CamGuru
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @StevenR

As some of the others who have posted here, my MYOB is also showing "2016.2 now available" with an Update Now button, however I have already updated to 2016.2. How will I know when the EOFY update is actually available to me?

Also, has there been any breakthrough as to why this version keeps crashing for some people, as I am still having this happen multiple times a day and have had no further response from one of the other Moderators in my post on the Community Forum.

Awaiting your reply.

Tara.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@CamGuru  Hi Tara 

When the tax table update is available to install via your AccountRight software, you'll see the "2016.2.1 now available" message. The tax table update does fix a few issues too - see our 2016.2.1 blog post for more information. 

Steve

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

@StevenR FYI, The update button never left my myob and still said 2016.2 is available. But I decided to try it again this morning and it updated to 2.1.

I now have File Version: 2016.2.18.6018.

Just letting you know, in case others are seeing the same as me, that the update button does not say 2016.2.1. It still says 2016.2.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi@CDFFDC , thanks for keeping us up to date, and I'm very happy it worked for you this time.

I wasn't expecting that behaviour. Did you perhaps leave AccountRight open overnight? AccountRight checks for updates each time you open your company file, so if you didn't close AccountRight, the update prompt may not have refreshed. 

Steve

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

@StevenR,

Nope, my computer shuts down daily and I open and close myob many times a day.

The update button has been showing this whole time. It has never gone away and has always said update 2016.2 is available. Today I decided to try it after reading @Leaph's post who mentioned the update was available.

Mattern
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Same here.

Shutdown every night and opened several times throughout day.

Version: 2016.2.18.5106

File Version: 2016.2.18.6018

Still says 2016.2 now available "Update Now"

Won't go away.

Peter

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Just to be clear, my update worked this morning so my 'update now' button has gone and I'm using the latest version. 

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CDFFDC

Great to hear your update has worked and that you aren’t seeing the update now message anymore.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you have.

Kind Regards

Neil

HRapp
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Good afternoon,

I have updated from Accountright Plus Aus 2016 2.1 to 2.2 but when I go to load the tax tables the date for the tax tables I am updating to is still 1/7/2016 any suggestions?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HRapp 

We've seen this happen from time to time. Sometimes it's due to antivirus software preventing all the AccountRight components from updating.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight 2016.2.2. (If you need a copy of the installer, click here.)

To ensure AccountRight installs properly, you should delete the following folder before reinstalling: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight.

For help with deleting this folder, please see the related FAQ on the Update the PAYG tax tables help page.

Steve

HRapp
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I can not find C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight. this is my Computer.

I have two different Myobs at the moment as I am doing the admin for another business which uses the Accountright Plus 2.1 - 2.2.  The other is Accountright Enterprise V19.13 which has updated.

HRapp
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have now successfully updated the Myob Account Right Plus 2.2 but where do I get the template upgrade assist from?

HRapp
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have printed out a invoice and it looks as though the templates automaticly came through so if this helps anyone.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HRapp

Great to hear that you have managed that version installed.

With AccountRight 201x the customise forms/templates are saved as part of the company file so no template upgrade is required. You just need to upgrade the company file to that new version i.e. open the file and it will prompt you to upgrade it.

Once again fantastic to hear you have got it sorted.