AccountRight 2016.3 now available

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

92Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

AccountRight 2016.3 brings a fresh new look, smart CRM features, improved security and lots of improvements and bug fixes. 

A fresh new look

Just like the MYOB website, this blog and the Community Forum, and of course the swish new MYOB logo, AccountRight’s got a new look!

You’ll notice simpler icons and a ton of design tweaks throughout that give it a fresh look and feel.

The new command centreThe new command centre

You'll also notice a new desktop and Start menu icon for AccountRight 2016.3. 

New AccountRight iconNew AccountRight icon

There’s more to come, but don’t worry - we’ve haven’t moved things around or changed how things work, so you’ll feel right at home when you update.

CRM features built right into AccountRight

You can now customise the Cards List window to show more information about your cards, including street and email addresses, last sale dates, and recontact dates. There’s more than 40 columns of information you can choose from, and you can search any column you add.

That means you can once again search for street names and postcodes in the Cards List window (a very popular request), just like you could in AccountRight v19.

You can also highlight the information you really care about, filter data like never before and group your customers any way you like. You now have a powerful tool that’ll help you create and build customer relationships.

Here’s a taste of what’s new, and see the Cards List help page for more details:

Tell us what you think of the new Cards List features

Helping you keep your business information secure

Whether you work online or not, you should ensure that your company file, and access to it, is secure. To help you out, we’ve made some changes to the way company files can be accessed:

• Online files: To improve security when signing in to your MYOB account, your email address and password can no longer be remembered indefinitely, but you can choose to stay signed in for 12 hours. During this period, you won’t be prompted to sign in to your MYOB account when opening online files. After 12 hours you will need to re-enter your email address and password.

UPDATE 22/12/2016: We received a lot of feedback about the security change in AccountRight 2016.3, particularly around making it easier to log back in after 12 hours. Thanks for your feedback. From today, the email address will be remembered, so you just need to enter your password to log back in. Note that if you sign out manually (for example, by clicking Log Out in the Library Browser window, the email address will not be remembered).

New sign in windowNew sign in window
    The status bar now also shows you which MYOB account is currently signed in.

Signed-in MYOB account appears in the status barSigned-in MYOB account appears in the status bar
    Tip: After updating, you’ll need to sign in with your MYOB account’s email address and password, even if you previously had selected the “Remember me” option, so have them handy.

• Desktop files accessed remotely: Remote access to AccountRight Server Edition network ports from the internet is now blocked using Windows Firewall, which means you can’t access a desktop file outside your network. If remote access is required from another location, you’ll now need to use a secure VPN or store your company file online. For your security, don’t modify AccountRight’s network firewall and port settings.

Learn more ways you can protect your AccountRight company file.

Workflow improvements and bug fixes

Data entry

• Improved: Now you can search for item names from the Item Number selection list in sales, purchases and inventory windows. Just click in the filter row for the Item Name column and type what you’re looking for. If the item name doesn’t start with the word or number you’re looking for, type an asterisk (*) before your term, like shown below.

Search for item namesSearch for item names
  • Improved: If you press Escape while editing a transaction, you’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to close the window without saving. Previously any unsaved changes would have immediately been discarded.
  • Fixed: We fixed an issue that caused digits to be missed when typed quickly into Account Number fields.

Reports and forms

• Improved: The Multi-Period Profit & Loss and Multi-Period Balance Sheet reports now default to a landscape page layout, so you can fit and compare more months on a page without having to customise the report.
  • Fixed: After installing Microsoft .NET v4.6.2, AccountRight would crash when changing filters in some reports. This has been resolved.
  • Fixed (Australia): When filtering the Payroll Activity Summary or Detail reports using identifiers, all employees who are assigned any of the identifiers will be included. For example, previously filtering by identifier values AD wouldn’t report employees whose identifiers are ABCD or ABD; but it would report employees with identifiers of AD or ADE.
  • Fixed (Australia): An issue that caused incorrect entitlement balances to appear on pay slips has been fixed. The issue affected employees who were paid more than once a month and have entitlement categories that are linked to multiple wage categories.

Importing and exporting data

• Fixed: Importing activity slips with blank rates will now use the activity’s default rate. Previously the activity slip would import with a $0.00 rate.
  • Fixed: When importing sales, the customer’s default terms, memo and Invoice Delivery preference will now be used if it isn’t specified in the imported data.
  • Fixed: To avoid issues importing into MYOB practice software, the mye file that’s created when using the Send to Accountant feature now includes a carriage return at the end of the file.

How to update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers in Australia and New Zealand over the next few days. You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file.

If you’re using AccountRight v19, sign in to my.myob.com.au or my.myob.co.nz to download the v2016.3 installer.

Having issues updating? Get help with installation and update issues

77 Comments
mfrp
1 Post
Cover User

What if I DON'T WANT to log in every 12 hours - is it optional or like most things, do we just do as we are told ?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mfrp

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new login security features in AccountRight 2016.3. I have taken the liberty of sharing your feedback with the team.

One of the key focal points of the new update is an improved and more robust login security system to help keep your online data more secure. As @StevenR mentions in the blogpost, AccountRight 2016.3 does not allow you to remember your login details for more than 12 hours. At this stage, this security feature cannot be overridden or disabled.

Regards
Neil

Soigneur
3 Posts
Cover User

Neil,

The new login security features sound like a pain in the arse and totally unnecessary for most small businesses.

I will not be updating to the new version and will not update to any new version until login everytime is optional.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Soigneur, whilst I respect your opinion, I should point out that the changes are a work in progress, ultimately there will be two-factor authentication for each log-in, and these changes are driven by some serious and costly security breaches that have taken place recently, that can affect anyone. The changes were made at short notice in response. In addition, remember that only 2 cloud versions are supported at any time, so that once 2016.4 is released, 2016.2 and prior versions cannot be used in the cloud.

DCree
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

Hello @Soigneur,

While this change may be a PITA for you, it is to protect YOU from potential fraud.

Is the password that you use to access your myob the same as you use for other things, such as Dropbox, LinkedIn, facebook, other forums etc?

If so there is a risk that if there is a hack on these as has happened previously then access could be gained to your data. LinkedIn lost 117 million account details recentl!

Cheers

David

SKD
7 Posts
Cover User

Hi, I understand the importance of security.  But I  am also not pleased with the change to the password system.  Can it pleased be made into a option for the next release.

Kalpara
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

Just uploaded this version for a client and I HATE IT! It is too bright, too white, too in my face, and too minimilistic. Eventhough I have adjusted my monitors contrast,  after spending all day on this software, my eyes are burning and I have a headache from the lack of colour blinding me.  Also HATE needing to sign in all the time - the previous sign in features worked well for me as I have several clients on MYOB. I know it is a secuity issue, but I am not a 12yr old that needs to be nannied - I have plenty of firewalls and securityy measures in place, I don't need the inconvenice of constantly signing in, and neither do my clients. I loved the old platform, so will be keeping my clients on the 2016.2 and not updating them to the 2016.3.  Because it is so different, MYOB needs to consider business clients and offer the option of platforms to use - the  2016.2 for bookkeepers/accountants, and the 2016.3 for those that like software to be in their face. If staying on 2016.2 proves to be  problem, I'll be migrating my clients to Reckon Hosted - very user friendly with plenty of display preference options. MYOB beware - the software wasn't broken, you didn't need to fix it.  Not everyone is going to embrace a new platform just because it's the latest and greatest - we look for ease of use, delight to the eye, and familiarity. You only have to look at the failure of the business community to embrace Windows 10 to know that one platform does not suit all users. Consider the 2 types of computer users - business professionals and players - one size is not going to fit all!

Ncteseeds
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

First first glance I like the changes well done!

One would think that security of financial information is crutial and so having to login each time is a small price to pay for security.

I'm surprised that we are not forced to update our passwords every 30/60 days etc.  This should be looked into!

I love the changes to the card screen.  The ability to customise the columns displayed is excellent,  especially like last payment, amount owing etc.  Being able to sort of these columns is a great move as well.

Can you access invoices from the cards screen.  i.e. if I select a card, can I link directly to all invoices attributed to that card? 

The first look - well done!

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

You can easily find all invoices from the CardList by right-clicking on the customer and then selecting Find->View Sales Register,

Card List - Find.png

This will show you all sales for that customer for current month.  Simply role back the from date and you will see all sales.  

Card List Result.PNG

I hope this help.

Ncteseeds
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

That's great, will save me lots of time.  The old right click button!!!

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

There are actually a whole bunch of great things under the right-click menu, and the options will change depending on whether you are on a customer, supplier or employee card.  You can do things like:

- Enter a sale for the selected customer

- Take a payment for the selected customer

- Add a new job for the selected customer

- Even get driving direction to their office :-)

It's worth having a bit of play around.  Good luck!

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SKD and @Soigneur

Thank you for your feedback regarding the changes made to the login security of AccountRight 2016.3. I have shared this feedback with our team.

As both @Mike_James and @DCree point out these changes are designed to increase the security of accessing your file as we do want your data to remain as secure as possible. Based upon the feedback received our developers may make changes to the login process in future versions, however I cannot guarantee any specific changes will be made in subsequent versions.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kalpara

Thank you for your feedback regarding our recent release of AccountRight 2016.3, I have taken the liberty of sharing it with our team.

We can appreciate that most of our clients, or their IT team, do have a security suite or security measures in place. The changes we have made are designed to help keep your data secure.

For the moment, you are more than welcome to keep your clients on AccountRight 2016.2 if that is what you prefer. Generally speaking, the last two released versions are supported on the cloud, so at this point in time AccountRight 2016.2 files can be stored on the cloud.

Please dont hesitate to post any time you have a question.

Gleda
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

After upgrading both computers to 2016.3 the computer running the pc version cannot access the company file.  The pc version is saying that the server addition version needs to be installed on the server but I have confirmed that the server edition is installed on the server.  I have gone through the steps on the 'AccountRight library service issues' worksheet but still no luck.

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Love the new features within the card file. Customising columns, increased search ability and links to sales etc are fantastic!  Can we PLEASE have automatic postcodes??? I'm sure most of us would find this extremely helpful and time saving!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gleda

I see you have posted a similar enquiry on Networking issue after upgrading to AccountRight 2016.3.0, I've responded to that post for you.

MelindaMC
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree with SKD above, I also don't like having to sign in every time Smiley Sad

Soigneur
3 Posts
Cover User

Neil,

I want to ask you why it is necessary for MYOB to use sign in after every 12 hours when my ANZ and PayPal accounts do not?.

Surely there is more risk of loss from an actual account with funds in than accounting files such as MYOB which are pretty irrelevant to anyone else.

As to DCree above saying  "LinkedIn lost 117 million account details recentl!" I really cannot see how having to log in every 12 hours can make any difference to that sort of risk.

I realise that it sounds like a small thing to be fussing about but all these "security" hoops we have to jump though every day add up and a lot are really unnecessary and do not really add security. If hackers are going to get in and steal password data etc they are not going to do it through a password login.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Soigneur

We are always reviewing the changes made and the feedback from our users to ensure that we strike the right balance between security and convenience.

Due to the confidential nature of certain information in company files, an executive decision was made to maximise the security of our client’s business information. We do realise that these changes may not seem beneficial to some clients, and do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the changes.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Soigneur and others,

I know from persoal experience that there is a risk to your data security if your my.myob login is compromised.

Many users will use the same password for many things and should this be known or found by others it is not difficult to then use it to get into your MYOB file. Hence the mention of the Linked-In hacking.

Once unauthorised access is obtained then the bank payment details for suppliers or employees that you pay electronically can be changed to a 'bogus' account that the hacker has access to. A payment that you want to go to a supplier or employee can then be lost. The risk is not worth the potential loss to a business. 

In my opinion there needs to be more security much like you have when logging onto a bank.

Cheers

David

Soigneur
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi @David_Cree,

I think you missed my point that both ANZ and PayPal allow your login details to be remembered by your computer.

If it is safe enough for them to allow it it must also be safe enough for MYOB to allow it.

It is just security gone mad.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Soigneur

I think that you will find that it is not ANZ or PayPal that is allowing you to remenber your login details but your internet browser. If you called ANZ to ask I think that you would find that they would not recommend that the password be saved by your computer. While I get asked by my computer if I would like the bank passwords to be saved, I would NEVER allow this..

Have a look what my bank- CBA - has to say on the browser saving the password - https://www.commbank.com.au/support/faqs/3451.html

And here is the PayPal advice on stopping the browser remembering the password.

If the details are saved that means that if you leave your computer un-attended or allow someone to work on it, then they have access to your bank accounts. What happens if your computer is stolen?

Cheers

David

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
GMHSYSTEMS
3 Posts
Cover User

Nice release and appreciate the effort your have made to address security.  I would suggest also that Two Factor Authentication is an absolute minimum requirement to help secure any SaaS or cloud based software application.  Keep up the good work, thank you.  

inekedvs
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I am finding that if I leave the computer for an hour or more and come back to resume my work on AR 2016.3 then the whole thing jams up and I get an error message and need to restart the program.  BUT it won't let me do so without sending the error message again and again.  Eventually I have to exit via task manager in order to reopen the program.  I did not have these problems before the upgrade.

KPW
1 Post
Cover User

Hello Dev team,

While I appreciate the update the new security features should be opt-in, as our small business finds the 12 hour window too short and the constant daily sign in a GREAT hassle!

If some duration extension on the password or other means to make it more convenient can be implemented, that would be very good.

Thanks.

ActionD
1 Post
Cover User

I do not use the search features added to this so the upgrade is pretty useless to me but I can see where others like it, so no bother.    However, do not like the new look screen, it is extremely hard on the eyes.  I work in a natural light filled office, perhaps offices lite with artificial light fare better with the new look screen.    Too white and bright, much prefer the previous looks.     Main annoyance is having to log in.   Option for 12 hours.  This should be 7 days for users who do not need security features such as log in or option not to have to password log in as in prior versions.    Extremely irritating ...  

statewide123
2 Posts
Cover User

Howdy!

New features are just what we needed.

2 questions my custom fields in the cards list are not bringing their name over to the list view. How do i change that?

Also is there a way to change or add a custom field to be a date field?

And while i am at it can we have google/outlook calender syncronistation please?

The-Flahman
1 Post
Cover User

Cards a step in the right direction. CRM features a little grand for what it does so far, but good start

I read about the new look. and I thought, you know, a change wouldn't hurt, just go with it. But geez it's hard on the eyes and I don't get the design concept. Can you give us a 'skin' option' classic or new - or keep tweaking? 

gillianb
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi everyone. I tried to do the update, I clicked "Update now" on the left corner of my screen but then MYOB closes down and I have to log in again. No update is happening...

Anyone knows why??

CBS48
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I am not surprised that after all these years of upgrades MYOB has not fixed the payment method in payroll, it is a pain in the neck to change every entry from cheque to eft, maybe THAT would be a great improvement not the change of the layout ect. The changes to the log in are  pain as well and I agree with previous comment to leave things for bookkeepers like myself with several clients as before.

CBS48
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Same here and I am too scared to do anything else just in case it stuffs up like it did in previous years !!!!!.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @CBS48

I am not sure exactly what you mean.

A - Is it that when processing the pays you have to change the Payment Method shown from Cheque to Electronic?

Capture.JPG

If so then this will be fixed if you go in the employee card and the Payment Details tab and change the payment method selected.

Capture3.JPG

B - Or is it that you feel that you have to change the Cheque No field to EFT?

Capture2.JPG

I understand your feelings re the field "Cheque Number" but feel that MYOB should simply change Cheque # to read "Reference No."

Many MYOB users make life hard for themselves, by changing the Cheque #  field to EFT etc. This means that you have to change the entry in perhaps 99% of transactions that you do. I always get my clients to ignore the fact that the field name says 'Cheque No" and instead consider that it is a transaction reference number, and just let the number increment as it wants to. 

When there is an actual physical cheque to be entered then instead of the auto number manually enter CH12345 with 12345 as the actual cheque #. The prefix CH will stop the system from incrementing. In this way you only need to make a change for perhaps 1% of your transactions.

If you do want to have a note that it was EFT or BPay then add this to the memo line instead, but actually I would not worry.

The other great benefit in doing this is that each transaction has a different and unique reference #. Would you want all your invoices to not have a distinctive invoice # and for them all to have "INV" ?

I find it very frustrating when reviewing a client file and trying to find a single transaction when they all have a reference EFT (or BS - bank statement or PAY - payroll payments, or V - Visa or BP - Bpay) when there are a number with the same amount or memo etc. It makes it difficult to find the right transaction to review or edit without having to open them all. This is the real time looser! I usually manually change the first transaction to something like 10001, away from the current cheque series and let the system go from there. Try it - it will save you a lot of time & effort. Perhaps in a future release MYOB will change the designation of this field from'Cheque No' to something like 'Payment Ref' so that users do not feel the need to always change it, after all I agree that cheques are a dying means of paying others, and the banks are discouraging it. I hope that this helps.

Cheers

David  

CCE_NSW
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have same issue as @inekedvs, if I leave the file open for a bit longer, the file either gets frozen or couldn't generate any report, then it keeps popping up the error message until I force the program to shut. I didn't have any problem with the older version, and I don't feel any improvement function vise, just couldn't get the point to have this data file updated.

Tricia257
3 Posts
Cover User

while I am sure accountants and bookkeepers may appreciate significant changes every couple of weeks (it seems), as a small business owner, I find the constant changes a huge waste of time when I could be running my business instead of trying to work my way around software changes.  When I upgraded the last time,  a second separate version of MYOB with a different name was created on my system which none of my other software backups and legal accounting software could find.  I had no MYOB for three days until I had time to spend  two hours on hold to MYOB support and then had to get my computer tech into the office (more unnecessary cost) to try and get it working again.    While Iappreciate the need to keep advancing the product please don't lose sight of the fact that it is designed for small business operators who generally do not have a technical services section in their business to look after these things.  sorry but I don't have time to evev consider updating so close to the last one.

tt05
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I like the upgrade it looks very modern.  Some cool features with the cards too.  I'd love to see a invoice number lookup in the Bankfeeds/Receive payment section.  I'd also love to be able to go to undeposited funds from the Bankfeeds screen so that the amount received by POS and date is pre filled in.  I'm tired of writing it all down on a piece of paper all the time.  We also really need to be able to do quotes using the app.  This would suit lots of tradies.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @tt05

You wrote " I'd also love to be able to go to undeposited funds from the Bankfeeds screen so that the amount received by POS and date is pre filled in.  I'm tired of writing it all down on a piece of paper all the time. "

I agree that the first part would be good to have.

When you say you write it all down does that mean that you close the Bank Feeds screen & then go into the Prepare Bank Deposit to assemble and record the POS receipts, and then close  & re-open Bank Feeds?

You do not need to close the Bank Feed (or any window that you want to return to). Just use the CTRL + TAB keys together to cycle through the open screens or to go to the Command Centre to open a new window. this is more convenient and a time-saver.

Cheers

David

Metalox
8 Posts
Cover User

I'm REALLY disappointed that you didn't fix the issue of not being able to do multi-period P+L reports in Categories.   So many businesses use different departments (ie categories) under the one datafile and would like to be able to report on month by month, rather than having to do spreadsheet each month, cut and paste into excel and if anything is amended, go back and work out which month, account etc has changed!  Please MYOB, get your act together and provide this necessary report option!

AKMTony
Trusted Cover User
22 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Must also comment that the MYOB sign in every time I start up the computer (yes, aware of the 12 hour check box) is an unwanted and  un asked for addition.

Please provide an option to disable it. Sole user on this PC! 
It may be there for our protection but surely we are able to guage our individual requirements and select what best suits us, not be dictated to by software programmers. 
Email today with a further update so trust the most recent one has bugs!

KACE
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Re new security, how does this affect login for shared users?  My admin assistant has shared access to my file.  After the applying the upgrade, it now looks like she will need to use my login to access the shared file which defeats the purpose of allocating specific functionality to her as she can access everything with my login?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @KACE

If you take OFF the tick then your assistant will have to access the file with her own user ID & Password. This is much more secure.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

David

RalphyBoy
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Does importing  'Receive Payment' still time-out in 2016.3

rightontrack
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Just had a little chuckle when I read someone said that having to log in every 12 hours would protect you more if you had the same password on other sites and someone got hold of it..

Having to log in every 12 hours has nothing, zero to do with stoping someone from logging into your account, if they have the password they have the password, doesn't matter how often you have to log in..

The only time this is of any use is if it's a shared computer an you forgot to log out,

It should be changed and you should have the option of setting it to 6,12,24 hours or not at all, after all customers are responsable for their own password, at least the most common sense thing would be to have it as a 4 digit PIN, much the same as the westpac banking password login, the most secure you can get.

As for the new bright colours

Also may an option to add for people to be able to choose differant colour templates, maybe having a light (current), medium and then a dark templete, can't be that hard to do, I can do it on any forum software.

Just some ideas..

SelH
1 Post
Cover User

I agree with other comments about having to login with email address and password every time. Why does MYOB think that's their choice? I am a sole user and should have the option to remember details.

Sorry MYOB but I think your service and customer focus levels continue to slide from what they were a couple of years ago and this is one more demonstration of that.

I think it would be a fair bet that NO customers were polled on this point

kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Love the new look much fresher. I am still waiting on being able to invoice progress payments to customers though. 

Stocky
6 Posts
Cover User

Cheers for all the new features at extra cost i dont need or want..........because i don't and WON'T use cloud!

My data is safe right where i need it on my server and accessible where and when i want it.........yet im forced to pay for features I cant use but have to pay for? Wish I'd stayed with v19!

Oh and the all white thing was a horrible disater in office 2013/16 - didnt you get the memo?

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed the following problem if you choose not to upgrade yet...

If you are running a version prior to 2016.3, you get a banner across the top of the windowtelling you that there is a new update available.  Ok, nice to know.

But while the banner is there, I amloosing the buttons from the bottom of the window.

@Dale  This is not only annoying, it makes it very difficult to use the system until you update.

Is there a way to workaround this?

Thanks,

Alan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Metalox

I see you have shown your support for Multipreadsheet Profit and Loss under Categories Option on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. Currently this idea is Under Consideration, at this stage we don't have a timeframe for when this particular idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program. However we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this particular idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KACE

We do encourage each user that does require access to an AccountRight company file to use a separate AccountRight Live Login. This way you are not having to provide users with your email address and password for your my.MYOB account, which should only be known to the user. If required you could also enable sign on so that each user can directly open the company file under their respective user ID and have restrictions in place. Help Article: Add a User would be able to assist with the process of adding a user to the company file.

GrumpyOldTecho
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Importing Receive Payments has gotten worst instead of better. In the previous version it was taking 4 minutes per record to import them. Now it is more like 4.5 minutes per record. I just can't beleive that this is such a problem and it can not be fixed quickly. The Receive Payments file only has 21 columns and includes feilds that must be properly indexed like the Invoice Number.