AccountRight 2018.1.1 now available

MichellePV
18 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Start getting ready for Single Touch Payroll reporting (Australia)

If you have 20 or more employees, you’ll soon need to start reporting payroll and super information to the ATO using Single Touch Payroll. Start getting ready now, so you can hit the ground running.

Payroll Reporting button in Payroll command centre

Click Payroll Reporting in the Payroll command centre, for all things Single Touch Payroll. Here you can check that your employee and company details meet ATO requirements.

Payroll Reporting on the Payroll command centrePayroll Reporting on the Payroll command centre

Payroll reporting window

There are a few important things to note in the new Payroll Reporting window, to help you get started with Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Payroll Reporting windowPayroll Reporting window

• A - Company Information View and update the company information that is reported to the ATO with your Single Touch Payroll information.
  • B - Check Payroll Details This is the first step to get your payroll information ready. Click to check that all employee and company information meets ATO requirements.
  • C - View Payroll Categories View all your payroll categories and what ATO reporting category they are assigned to. From here you can open, and then edit each payroll category.
  • D - Connect to the ATO When ready, this is where you’ll be able to make the connection to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll. We’ll let you know when this is available, but in the meantime, you can click Learn More for a preview of the steps.

Company Information

View and edit the company information that’s sent to the ATO when using Single Touch Payroll reporting. This is not the same as what’s in Setup > Company Information.

Check payroll details results

To help you see what specific employee and company information doesn't meet ATO guidelines or is missing, a list of things that need to be fixed is listed. All of these items need to be fixed before you can connect to the ATO and start reporting.

The list includes:

• Where to update – either employee cards or company information.
  • Details – the name of the employee or the field from the company information that needs updating.
  • Error – what needs to be fixed.

Check Payroll Details resultsCheck Payroll Details results

Compare payroll categories with assigned ATO reporting categories

To get an overview of what payroll categories are assigned to what ATO reporting categories, we’ve added a column to the Payroll Category List.

Also, the label STP category has been changed to ATO Reporting Category to make it clearer this information is sent to the ATO as part of Single Touch Payroll.

All categories are assigned to Not Reportable by default, so you’ll need to open each and change them to the correct category.

List of payroll categoriesList of payroll categories

Here’s what else we improved and fixed

Card Files

• New: There are new validation rules for employee cards. State is now mandatory if the
    country is blank or Australia. This applies to importing, add-ons and API connected solutions. 

GST and provisional tax (New Zealand)

• Improved: In the Accounts command centre, the button Prepare GST Return has changed to GST & Provisional Tax as you can now prepare and file the Statement of Activity (using the accounting income method) for provisional tax.

Lists

• New: There are new columns to choose from when viewing items in the Items List. The following fields are now available from the Field Chooser: Primary Supplier, Custom List 1, Custom List 2, Custom List 3, Custom Field 1, Custom Field 2 and Custom Field 3, Supplier, Item Number, and Minimum Stock Reorder quantity. Idea: Inventory: Items List- Add Customer Column true.png

Payroll (Australia)

• Improved: When recording a pay, the wording in the confirmation window has been improved to make it clearer.
  • New: Save your progress when editing your employees' pays when processing a pay run. The Employee Pays step of the Process Payroll Assistant now has a Close & Save button - so you can save your progress and finish the pay later.

Sales and purchases

• Improvement: When emailing an invoice, quote or order, the character limit of the message has been increased to 4000 characters, to align with what can be entered in the default message. Idea: More text space to type message when emailing true.png and Idea:  Email message content + Email statement templates true.png
  • Fixed: There was an issue when reversing a time billing invoice where the activity slip would not appear in the list of open work in progress. This is fixed.
  • New: If you have an Officeworks business account, you can register to get all your invoices automatically entered into MYOB for you. Set this up via your Officeworks 30 Day Business Account.
  • Improved: We've made some improvements to the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology used to identify key information in invoices sent to you via the In Tray. This means faster and more accurate transactions.

Usability and UI

• Improved: Some calendars have been tweaked to make it easier to select dates.
  • Improved: The width of the Purchases window is increased to let you see more information when entering or viewing purchases
  • Fixed: We’ve fixed an issue where some keyboard shortcuts weren't working properly.

Known issues

Can’t edit or save an employee card (New Zealand)

When you try and create or edit an employee card, and the Country is set to blank or Australia, you won’t be able to save it. This also prevents the importing of employee cards using the Import/Export Assistant, and affects the API.

Workaround: Select a country other than blank or Australia (for example, New Zealand), and save.

68 Comments
MilanPindolia
1 Post
Cover User

Can I have a link to the MSI version ASAP please

Spurs
3 Posts
Cover User

The link within AR live doesn't work - it closes the file and sends me back to the Recently Opened Company Files screen

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @MilanPindolia

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

The latest version of the MSI installer can be downloaded off our help article, Getting the latest version. Please note that you do need to have an active subscription to download the latest version of AccountRight.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Spurs

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Are you able to clarify which link you are clicking on, which is returning you to the recently opened screen?

If you are trying to download and install the latest version, I recommend having a look at our help article, Getting the latest version, which steps through how to download the latest version onto your computer.

Spurs
3 Posts
Cover User

MYOB link.png

Hi @Neil_M 

Trying to use the link above. 

Thanks

rac
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

We do not have 20 staff do we need to do the new upgrade 2017.1.1 which is now available

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Spurs

Thanks for confirming the link you’re clicking on, I’ve passed it onto the team. That option should allow you to just start downloading the new version. That being said I would have a look at the help article I mentioned previously as that offers another method to obtain the latest version so that you can upgrade and take advantage of the new features

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @rac

Even if you aren’t impacted by the 20 staff check for Single Touch Payroll, I would still look at upgrading to the latest version, as there are still a number of improvements as noted in the blog post mentioned above.

Also if you are using your company file on the cloud, it is always a good idea to keep your version as up to date as possible , as we periodically decommission older version servers.

FCFPENPUSHER
2 Posts
Cover User

I posted this yesterday and have sent two messages to MYOB moderator's trying to get an answer. Still no results 

I downloaded the new version this morning and am now back using the old version.  When I open a new window, the menu across the top is not available/viewable to go to other windows, so I have to close that particular window to take me back to the menu to chose where I want to go.  Is this a bug?

AWP
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

Im trying to update using the update button at top of MYOB screen however it just closes MYOB and whn I log back in its th old version with update now still showing?

RCM-01_18
1 Post
Cover User

Hi

I too am having the same problem as AWP.

Is there an update on any technical problems?

Foxandhounds
1 Post
Cover User

I am unable to download the update when clicking on the 2018.1.1 update now button.  It just keeps signing me out.  Can anyone please advise on this.

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Foxandhounds@RCM-01_18 and @AWP

Thank you for your feedback about that update now button that isn't working for you. Another method for downloading the latest version of 2018.1, please follow this link Getting the latest version (click to open). This will ensure no matter what issues you are having that you'll be able to access the latest download link.

VickiE
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

Do we need to do the latest update on all computers or just one? We are using Account right Plus AU 2017.2.0 in the cloud.

There are 3 computers in question.

Regards,

Vicki

CARLEENA
2 Posts
Cover User

how do we update, it just shuts me out   we are in the cloud also 

BekByrne
2 Posts
Cover User

When i open the download link it says Windows cannot open the file.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI Vicki ( @VickiE)

Due to how AccountRight works, when a file is upgraded to a new version, only computers with that version will be able to view the file.

This does mean that you will need to install the latest release of AccountRight on all computers that will access the file.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CARLEENA

If you are experiencing issues using the Update Now functionality within your AccountRight, then I recommend taking a look at our help article Getting the latest version. This article steps through other ways to download the latest version of AccountRight to install on your computer.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @BekByrne

This can sometimes happen if Windows doesn’t properly recognise the file. To resolve this, you can try using the rename functionality to add .exe onto the end of the file. Once renamed you can try right clicking on the renamed installer and choose the option to run as administrator.

BekByrne
2 Posts
Cover User

Thanks

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Once again very dissappointed you haven't been able to include "Email receipts" option in this update.

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi There,

Just wondering if its just me or the update? 

The Enter PURCHASES window is larger than it used to be and I can seem to shrink its size.

All the other windows appear to have retained thier size. 

The Larger Purchases window is  a rectangular size and is much bigger on my laptop screen. Was this change intended? Can we please change it back?

Demo2018
1 Post
Cover User

Cant seem to download the upgrade by using the upgrade button or the link.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@ntoumbaThe larger purchase screen is one of the new features listed in the blog post above, I'd say it's deliberate. I haven't upgraded yet (can't restart the computer since others access it via remote desktop) so can't see exactly what difference it makes.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Demo2018

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information

Are you able to clarify what happens when you try and download the update? Are you getting an error message? Is nothing happening?

Additionally are you able to download AccountRight 2018 through an alternate means such as my.MYOB and going to My Products >> Downloads?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @FCFPENPUSHER

We haven’t had any reports of opening a window hiding the navigation toolbar at the top of the window and when trying to replicate this within a couple of machines I have access to, both displayed the navigation toolbar at the top of the window regardless of which windows I had open. That being said I would start by doing a full clean reinstall of AccountRight on your computer

lainie
3 Posts
Cover User

i cannot download either, is there a solution yet ? it just keeps wanting me to reopen my file 

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lainie

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

This is something that our team are aware of and are currently looking into. In some cases, it can be caused by AccountRight 2018 downloading in the background and being present on your computer. If you are being logged out when clicking the update now button, I would close down AccountRight and just check on your desktop to see if you have the AccountRight 2018 icon on your desktop.

If you don’t have AccountRight 2018 showing on your desktop then I recommend following the steps outlined on our help article Getting the latest version. This article does step through how to download a copy of the AccountRight 2018 installer on your computer so that it can be installed.

PeKe
1 Post
Cover User

I am unable to download the update when clicking on the 2018.1.1 update now button.  It just keeps signing me out and reappears. Any suggestions how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

JMcK_PP1
3 Posts
Cover User

Can someone give me a clearer summary of changes.  Also noted that the Electronic Payment has moved, and seems to toggle OFF after each time, when it used to stay ticked?  I'm talking about the latest version accountright 2018.1.1.  Thanx

Kimberley
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why oh why have you made the purchases window so big? I work with a split screen and now it doesn't fit in the window. It's always one step forward two steps back with these updates.

GThomson
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Have upgraded to 2018.1 and, as I mainly do Purchases, am really struggling with the widths of columns reverting back to your default. Even when I go to look at an old purchase it's is your default columns and very diffucult to read. When can we see this problem rectified please?

CBS48
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have downloaded the new version 2018 but have the greatest problems uprgading the files with uprgade now button, only my file in the cloud finaly opened. I can only open in the old version why ?

CharmaR
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has 2018 got multi-currency?

rac
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes I would like the answer to that question too

ehsc
1 Post
Cover User

I have tried to install the update for my MYOB Account Right software and i am not sure if the update was successful.  The "update now" button continues to appear at the top of the screen when i open the program.  when i click on it it asks me to back up the file then goes on to re-open the software again and on and on it goes in a never ending loop.  What is going on?   The version of Account Right i see when i click on Help > About MYOB Account Right is 2016.3.19.1272.  I can't figure out if it's been updated or not.  Your advise would be greatly appreciated.  Please email me as i don't always get on the forum page?

LozLoz
1 Post
Cover User

I've been having so much trouble that I've never had in the past.  It's seriously taken me all day to finally be able to download the new 2018 version.  It kept timing out and I'd have to restart the download.  When I've gone to install it there was something that came up at the end saying that I need to manually do something to have it work with the new version because it can't do it automatically???  There's the new icon on the desktop of the new version and it opens ok but I am worried to use it yet.  It's always just gone through the motions previously saying that in order to use this new version I need to upgrade my data or files or whatever to the new version and that's it.  What do I do manually to make sure it's good to use???

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@LozLoz I don't like the sound of that message you got advising you to manually do something?    

Before you upgrade take a clear back up of your file. 

I would recommend you un-install as well and then re-install using this link https://www.myob.com/au/support/download-accountright

Also turn off your anti-virus software as well before you install and then turn back on when finished. 

It's best to be safe than sorry I would re-install the link as suggested above. 

Then once you have installed AR 2018.1.1 log in and open your company file you will get a message to upgrade and proceed with the upgrade. 

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @rac@CharmaR

AccountRight 2018 does not have multicurrency functionality; however this is something that our development team are working on to bring into a future release. If you are interested in signing up for our MultiCurrency Beta, then I recommend completing this survey to register your interest

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ehsc

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

If you are experiencing issues when using the Update Now button, then I recommend checking your desktop to see if AccountRight 2018 has installed in the background. If it has then you will see an AccountRight 2018 icon on your desktop.

Conversely if the AccountRight 2018 icon doesn’t appear on your desktop then you can always download it off my.MYOB by logging in using your email address and password and then going to My Products >> Downloads. From here the AccountRight 2018 download links will appear towards the top of the page.

Once you have downloaded and installed AccountRight 2018.1 then you can upgrade your file by opening it in the new version. When you do the version showing under Help >> About will be 2018.1.XX.XXXX, where XX.XXXX will be version specific numbers.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CBS48

The Upgrade Now button is designed to download and install the latest version, AccountRight 2018.1, on your computer. To upgrade your files into the latest version then you will then need to open the file in the new version.

When you open the file in AccountRight 2018 you will receive a prompt advising that you have selected a 201X.X file and asking you if you want to upgrade. Please note that not all users will have the ability to upgrade a file, as they do have to have Administrator rights to be able to do so.

JudyF
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have just upgraded to 2018.1.1 for STP.  I am updating my superannuation categories to Reportable/Not Reportable.  Our company pays additional superannuation to some employees above the SGC and not part of an Enterprise Agreement.  This additional Superannuation has always been Reportable to the ATO. The Contribution type in AccountRight is Employer Additional (expense), however I am only able to choose between Not Reportable or Superannuation in the ATO Reporting Category. I need to select this contribution as Reportable. Thanks, Judy

MichellePV
18 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JudyF,

We will be adding RESC to the list of ATO Reporting Categories for the Employer Additional (expense) for this additional superannuation amount (what a mouthful!). This will be released in the next few months, before you need to start reporting via Single Touch Payroll. 

Janey05
5 Posts
Cover User

the link doesnt work, nothing works.... I have tried all your trouble shooting links.  It keeps just taking me back to the login screen with the old version.  I think you guys need to sort this out before you ask us to update.  Also I wnat to permanently stop the reminder about the two system login.  I dont want it and I dont want the constant reminders.

ITSM
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi

For single touch payroll when i go to payroll reporting and check payroll details i have hundreds possibly more, employees with errors coming up on their card. Mostly "Employee ID is invalid"

Most of these are terminated employees and a few current employees who dont require an employee ID.

Tell me i dont have to enter fake employee ID's for all these staff

MichellePV
18 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ITSM,

You can safely ignore any employees that are inactive or terminated - we are actually removing these employees from the payroll details check in the next release.  Well done for being so organised and checking all your payroll info now! You can always visit our help if you have any other concerns:  Edit employee details for Single Touch Payroll reporting.

ITSM
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks @MichellePV

What about current employees with no employee ID (That dont need one)

VoiP-iT
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Backed up file, upgraded server to MYOB_AccountRight_Setup_2018.1.1_SE.exe (chose to replace 2017.2 SE)

All went well, then I upgraded the file on the server.

Went to the workstation and installed MYOB_AccountRight_Setup_2018.1.1.exe (all went well)

Tried to open Network library from the workstation and I get a message that the server is not running.

Tried rebooting server, restarting services, still can't see the  server from the workstation.

I frustration, I attempted to uninstall the server install (using control panel). Unfortunately, the server uninstall just hangs near the end.  Now if I try to run

(MYOB_AccountRight_Setup_2018.1.1_SE.exe - I get 3 options, Remove, Repair or Uninstall.  However, no matter which I choose, they all fail with a message: " Error 1605 - This action is only valid for products that are already installed.).

So I tried reinstalling MYOB_AccountRight_Setup_2017.2.exe ( install completed successfully)- however I still cannot reinstall/repair or remove 2018.1.1_SE.

So I am stuck with and upgrade file, but can't upgrade MYOB on the server to open it.

Is there an uninstall cleanup tool please???

Jatz
1 Post
Cover User

Same problem. Tried to download via the button. Didn't work. Then went to the suggested link and the download was 'unconfirmed' and couldn't be opened. Will there be a fix for this and a new download offered to use? I will continue to use the old version for now.

doublet
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I'd like to chime in here too about the purchases window. Elsewhere MYOB has mentioned that this is going to be looked at some time in the future... it is a problem for me and it looks like a more serious problem (ie making MYOB unusable) for other users in this thread.

MYOB - if you value your customer base can I strongly suggest you make the behaviour of the purchase window as per the invoices window (as it was before this upgrade) a high(est) priority please? Issues like this are what caused me to jump (back) from XERO last month and I was hoping you would have a better customer focus.

cheers
Teresa