Taelor_R
18 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Multi-currency for importers is here

If you’re an importer and you already have an AccountRight Premier online file, you can now turn on multi-currency!

turn on multi currency.png

In this release you can create purchase orders and bills in foreign currencies, make payments and track realised gains and losses, and more.

For a run down on exactly what multi-currency can and can’t do in 2018.3, see our multi-currency information page.

Multi-currency is still being built, so in this release it only works for importers. If you’re an exporter, multi-currency won’t work for you yet—but stay tuned, we’ll make it available for exporters in a future release.

More features for your in tray

This release makes it easier to manage invoices—now you can get invoices sent directly to your In tray from certain suppliers, and forwarding invoices is easier with the In tray’s new unique email address.

Plus, the In tray now refreshes automatically, so you don’t have to click Refresh to see new documents.

Get supplier invoices sent straight to your software, from more suppliers

We’ve partnered with Reece (AU and NZ), Metalflex (AU), Actrol (AU), and OfficeWorks (AU) to bring you even more supplier invoices, delivered straight to your In tray.

Every time you make a purchase from one of these suppliers, they’ll send a copy of bill straight to your In tray. When you create a bill from one of these invoices, line items like tax codes, descriptions, and costs are automatically imported.

Stay tuned for more supplier partnerships in the future!

Get set up with automatic supplier invoices.

Forwarding supplier invoices to your In tray just got easier

Each In tray now has its own unique, secure email address. You can forward invoices directly to your In tray from any email address, as if you were sending it to another person.

If you have more than one company file in AccountRight you’ll still be able to send your invoices to the right one, because each company’s In tray has its own email address.

Best of all, you don’t need to set it up - just update to the latest version of AccountRight and it’s ready to go.

To find and use the new email address, go to your In tray, click Email Address, then Copy email address and save the address as a contact in your email account. Then, simply forward any invoices you receive to this email address and they’ll appear in your In tray.

in tray email.png

Improved: The In tray now refreshes automatically, so you don’t have to click Refresh to see new documents.

Fixed: A bug was causing line item prices on In tray bills to match the price set in AccountRight, rather than the price from the original invoice. We’ve squashed that bug.

Fixed: If a supplier card has the Reportable Taxable Payments option enabled, then any bill created from the In tray also displays that option.

Invoice Payment Reminders

Get paid faster and save time chasing up payments with invoice payment reminders.

Calendar reminders for customers

Now your customers can create calendar reminders to pay an invoice you’ve sent them, from the invoice itself.

invoice ecal.png

When you send a customer an invoice through AccountRight with invoice payments enabled, your customer can click a Remind Me button to add it to their calendar. Reminders work for most calendars, including Google, Outlook, Office365, Gmail, and Apple Mail.

A reminder will appear two days before the customer’s invoice is due, and appear again on the due date unless they’ve already paid. From this reminder, your customers can open the invoice and pay it easily. 

Coming soon: email reminders for unpaid invoices

Soon you’ll be able to set AccountRight to automatically send email reminders to to customers with open invoices (online invoices only). Stay tuned—email reminders are set to be released in October, and you won’t need to update AccountRight to use them.

Single Touch Payroll

Setting up Single Touch Payroll (STP) is even easier with several improvements and fixes we’ve made in the last few months. These changes have already been made without you having to update AccountRight—so you might have already noticed them. We’re just bragging, really.

Finalisation: Employers can terminate employees and notify the ATO through STP, removing the need to prepare part-year payment summaries. Learn about Finalisation in Single Touch Payroll reporting.

ARL-Finalisation tab.png

Turn on STP from the report page: If you don’t see any reporting in the online reporting centre, but you've completed a pay run, you can now manually turn on STP from the report page.

See why your payroll reports haven’t been sent: Find out why your payroll reports have the status of Not sent, and how to resolve this with clearer information when you check the report.
Go to Payroll reporting centre, click the ellipsis (...) button, then click View report details.

Special characters: To make sure your payroll reports are accepted by the ATO, you won't be able to put special characters (like @, #, $, %, &, *, !) into the Authorised sender field when you process payroll.

special characters.png

That's all for this release—see you in a few months for 2018.4!

49 Comments
Crestbar
3 Posts
Cover User

Updates are all good but still want to know when the supplier payments can be done electronically staight out of MYOB (just like Mpowered payments do). This is one thing that made MYOB so easy to use and time saving. I was promissed when changing to online that this was being worked on. When is it going to happen?

EF
2 Posts
Cover User

I am so disappointed that emailing receipts straight out of MYOB for payments made has not been addressed, we have been waiting for this for a long long time.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Crestbar

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

This is something that our team are currently developing in AccountRight 201X to replace MPowered payments. At this stage it will be ready before 30 September 2019, however I don’t have a more exact timeframe that that at this point in time

Crestbar
3 Posts
Cover User

Thank You, hopefully sooner rether than later. Looking forward to it. Trish

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Supplier Invoices to In Tray is a great add on and some great features added for those setup for "Online Invoices" but bad luck for those of us who feel your fees are too high especially seeing as you've done nothing to address our dissatisfaction on not being able to pass on "your fees" to "our clients" Re: Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge and while we're on the topic of dissatisfied ... there's been no mention in this update of fixing the issues related to Re: Pay Superannuation: Delete or hide reversed paysuper payments

Jaybird
1 Post
Cover User

Still wanting an update on being able to take credit card payments over the phone without having to email the invoice to the customer first. I take credit card payments over the phone, but always have to send the email through before taking the payment, time consuming! 

ChristinaS
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Hi,

When are we going to be able to print a supplier invoices that is attached to a bill as there are times when this needs to be done. It is really time consuming when you have to save it to say your desk top and then print. 

Thanks

Christina

BarbVT
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

In future will there be a facility to add more than one tray item to a bill, like a delivery docket and an invoice?

thanks

Barb

Vickiw
2 Posts
Cover User

Hoping  you can fix the MYOB receipts so the dates are not in American format.  Looks really unprofessional to show 9/6/18 when we are really saying 6th September.

BethangaAuto
5 Posts
Cover User

AccountRight 2018.3 update -

We do not export/import any products & euros (Aud) converions etc are not required in our operations. Do we still need to upgrade to this update

In the past have been advised that if upgrades are not updated, possable access will be limited ????

OSEM
2 Posts
Cover User

Ditto, We do  ot need any of these services so do we need to upgrade??

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @BethangaAuto & @OSEM

Although a large portion of the AccountRight 2018.3 update is dedicated to multicurrency and InTray improvements, as it is the latest version of AccountRight, you may still want to upgrade to it. Every AccountRight update does contain a number of fixes and improvements over the previous version.

OSEM
2 Posts
Cover User

Neil_M

Thanks for the prompt reply, will update accordingly.

Cheers

RobRem
2 Posts
Cover User

"This is something that our team are currently developing in AccountRight 201X to replace MPowered payments. At this stage it will be ready before 30 September 2019, however I don’t have a more exact timeframe that that at this point in time"

Gee Neil_M, talk about guarded words.

How hard are these things to impliment?  You guys are a Software company after all and have been at this for a mightly long time.

So many bugs in your software always.  Things that should be fixed BEFORE the product is rolled out to consumers that actually pay money for this !!!!

Not happy at all 

BethangaAuto
5 Posts
Cover User

AccountRight 2018.3 now available

As mentioned previously, we do not import or export anything in our buisness & euros AUD conversions are not required

If I download this update, will it affect my invoice layout, because if it does, it will not be a good look for my customer invoices ???

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RobRem

As we are aware that the MPowered payments system is a very popular one, so our team are working hard on this to ensure that the replacement system is modern version that’s just as easy to use as the MPowered system. In addition, our team do want it to be the best it can possibly be and free from any issues.

That said I have passed your comments onto our team for their consideration

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @BethangaAuto

If you are upgrading from AccountRight 2018.2 or earlier, then there should be no variation in the customised forms. That said as the customised forms are based on the fields contained within that template introducing new features into the program shouldn’t have any bearing on the customised forms

Green_star
1 Post
Cover User

It would be a great help if we could create a group of contacts, create/choose an invoice template, select the group of clients and have MYOB generate individual invoices for each of the selected contacts. This would make batch processing of Invoices so much simpler and quicker, with less chance of human error in doubling up or missing clients altogether.  We run batch Invoices multiple times a year, if anyone knows a work-around for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy_M
4 Posts
Cover User

When can we see the online payment option remain ticked in the recurring transactions.  Once the invoices have been generated this option is no longer ticked.

GPMCONSTRUCT
1 Post
Cover User

Why has the higlight been taken out when you select an item in the bank reconciliation - previously the line would be highlighted - now nothing - makes long reconciliations of our credit card accounts very difficult

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Green_star, I would recommend suggesting that on our AccountRight Idea Exchange.

@Tracy_M, Did this happen before the update as well or has this recently occurred? If you edit the recurring transaction and save it, does it remain ticked if you use it again?

@GPMCONSTRUCT, This is a known issue that we are working with our developers to get this resolved. We will be posting about it on various threads once we have an update. In the meantime, we do appreciate your patience.

kd1973
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to see TOIL balance on every payslip regardless of whether any has accrued or not during the pay period.

Is this something that is being looked at by MYOB?

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Still waiting on automatic postcodes and being able to email receipts!  Being able to print document attached to a bill would be helpful too....

JennyRCA
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I love the In Tray function that works with Purchases, and chance we will get the same ability to add a document to a Sales order/invoice. All our sales are via customer purchase orders and it would be great to have the PO linked to the final invoice.

JennyRCA
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

oops, should read as ''any chance"

MarkBG
1 Post
Cover User

Hi

how many users is this version aimed at and can the company file from Account Right V19.14?

Tasha03
2 Posts
Cover User

When is MYOB going to make it an option to add a purchase invoice to a spend money transaction. It's time consuming to have to create a bill each time just so I can have the invoice added to it then I have to go to pay bill.  It would be so much easier to just do a spend money transaction & link the invoice to that.  

Tasha03
2 Posts
Cover User

MYOB also really needs to work on their app.  We should be able to have the same functions as we do on our pc. Then they could add in the option of being able to screen shot a purchase & add it to the intray rather than having to scan or email etc.  Considering MYOB have put their prices up again it really makes me think that maybe I should start shopping around for other accounting software. 

VikW
6 Posts
Cover User

is there any way of attaching a budget to the job profit and loss statement  - we were able to do so in 19v14 but now in 2018.2 we do not seem to be able to 

zaq123wsx
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I turned on the Invoice Payment Reminders which obviously worked as I had a call from an irate customer to say they recieved an remail to say the invoice was due in 3 days...however it had been paid 2 weeks ago.  So 1. what triggers the email and 2. Where can we see who has received an email as it does not show in the sent emails.  I have turned the option off now and back to manually chasing invoices Smiley Sad

JoCAuck
1 Post
Cover User

Hi.  When creating new bills from PDF invoices that I have emailed to my In Tray is there any way to load them against a Recurring Purchase invoice or will I have to manually add a job number or split the total invoice amount into separate lines for separate job numbers?  For example I have a monthly postage invoice that needs to be split between several client job numbers but when I imported using the In Tray options it just puts the whole total in and so I would have to manually split it into the different job numbers so not sure if any time-saving for me.

Thanks.

OurAccountant
Contributing Partner
7 Posts
Contributing Partner

I thought that I was a lone voice with unreal expectations. - but this is not the case. I have been a long time user of MYOB over 20 years, since version 2, and I have in the past offered many suggestions and requests for support and assistance that have fallen on deaf ears. In addition I continue to be charged for file licences that I did not request and have no ability to access. Despite requests for refunds my requests go unanswered - I trust that you are putting my money to good use. I no longer respond to surveys and no longer give feedback on bugs and errors within the system - it is just a waste of my valuable time.

All I ask is that MYOB takes a step back, and fixes the errors and inadequacies that exist in the current system, and slow down the release of new features untill the existing product is up to scratch and meets the real needs of users, who are paying significant fees for a system that they are locked into. To MYOB management - please listen and take heed.

Regards

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

@MarkBG, This version available for anyone that has an AccountRight subscription. With the second part of your sentence there are two things I can think of:

1. Yes, you can upgrade your file to this version if you have an active subscription and meet our minimum system requirements.
  2. There is an update available for v19.14 which is the compliance update v19.15. This is available to download but to continue using it you will need an active subscription. Otherwise, your file with become read-only at a later date.
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

@VikW, I think you are talking about the Profit and Loss [Budget Analysis] in v19.14 it was called just the Budget Analysis.

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

@zaq123wsx, I have had a look into this and am not aware of this function being available. The only thing that we have that is similar to what you have mentioned is the ability to add a reminder to their calendar. Which if not removed from their calendar after they have paid it would still remind them.

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

@JoCAuck, Tanks for the example you included it helped clear up what you are wanting. Currently, there is no time-saving here that could help. As it stands, AccountRight doesn't have this ability but I can see how that would be a useful advanced feature. I would recommend suggesting it on our AccountRight Idea Exchange so others can comment and view this idea as well.

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

@OurAccountant, I have passed this feedback to your partner manager who will give you a callback to discuss any issues or concerns that you have.

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User
When will MYOB be re-introducing Purging Data...this was an excellent feature in V19. Re-creating a new company file is a hassle and extremely time consuming when you don't have those hours available in a day. Please consider bring this option back to Purge Data when you close off a Financial Year.
doublet
Trusted Cover User
120 Posts
Trusted Cover User

@Magsyou mean it doesn't purge data?? wow... I was thinking it would. I am used to MYOB v15 where I copied the file so I can always go back to the data but my file doesn't end up huge, then I close off a year and it purges all the data ready for the next year. What happens when you close a year in AccountRight? (haven't done one yet) - does it just lock it so you can't edit, but keep all the old data there?

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Hi doublet, the current versions of MYOB do not purge data at all and the file continues to grow and becomes slower....when you close a year in AccountRight Live its very quick as it does not purge data at all and there are no options to purge data, all it does is roll the numbers over and lock the period and you continue to work as normal with a growing data base. If you are still working on the Classic Version and do not require all those new features then I recommend to continue using the classic version....I really regret making the call 5 years ago to move to AccountRight Live and wish I delayed the change over until we really had no choice but to update in order to keep up with the compliance updates. MYOB Solution to purging data is to create a new Company File by exporting your data and importing the data into the new file but is limited on what you can export...this is a lot of extra unnecessary work if only they would re-consider the purging option OR the other option is upgrade to their expensive premium package EXO where they design the package starting from 25K. I am now seriously considering re-visiting other Software Providers for a better solution.
NC-CAA
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Currently on MYOB AccountRight Plus AU 2018.2.1

Upon launching software, a message bar indicates that 2018.3 now available, and there is an Update now button.

Click Update now, see Information message "Before you can start this task, you need to close all windows and return to the Command Centre.

I close all windows that it is possible to close.

Click Update now again...  asked if I want to backup now  (no, as I've already backed up)

Taken back to the Welcome screen where I have 4 options ...

Open a company file

Create a company file

Upgrade a company file

Exit AccountRight

Are we supposed to choose "Upgrade a company file"?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @NC-CAA

To upgrade from one version of AccountRight 201X to another, the file simply needs to be opened in the newer version. When it does there will be a prompt to upgrade the file into the new version.

Please note that unlike AccountRight v19, each new installed version creates a separate icon on the desktop. So if you have installed AccountRight 2018.2 and 2018.3, you should have both icons on the desktop of the computer.

debbie64
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I can't seem to update to 2018.3. Every time I click on the update button it just takes me to the opening screen with the recent files opened option.

debbie64
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the prompt reply. All good thanks.

Mary_S
1 Post
Cover User

I don't like the changes to the bank reconciliation screen. Reconciled items were coloured so it made it easy to spot unreconciled transactions, now nothing is highlighted/greyed out and you have to identify these unreconciled transactions by trying to spot one that isn't ticked, it's giving me a headache. Please change this back to the way it was.

Also, please consider showing a dollar total in the Sales Register in the All Sales tab. It would make life so much easier.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mary_S

We are aware that the lack of highlighting in the Reconciliation Window isn’t working as it should. This is something that our team are working on resolving with top priority for the next release of AccountRight  201X

Chack
5 Posts
Cover User

Sending receipts straight from MYOB is a must for me.  Any time frame on when this will be addressed please?

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @Chack

Currently we don't have an exact ETA for the feature, however I suggest to subscribe to this Idea: Banking: Emailing Receipt option

You can subscribe to the Idea by clicking the Subscribe button in the top right. This will give you notifications when we make status updates.

If you haven't yet, I also suggest making sure you've clicked the thumbs up button on the Idea to give it some support.

Mutooroo
2 Posts
Cover User

Still disappoint the Job Budget vs Actual doesn't exist.  Having to export out to excell and then put in budget is a pain in the neck.