AccountRight 2018.4.1 is now available

Taelor_R
18 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Say goodbye to mountains of paper, and move to digital storage of your documents—now you can attach documents like receipts and contracts to your Spend Money transactions and contact cards. Tax time will be easier with all your documents in one place, plus easy reference to those transactions you need to follow up on.

It’s also easier to stay compliant with a new pay run report. The Payrun Activity report helps you catch and fix errors before you record them.

Plus, import-only businesses that pay suppliers in foreign currencies can now upgrade from AccountRight Classic (v19) to AccountRight 2018.4.1! Read below to find out how.  

Payroll enhancements 
Preview your pay run

Now you can preview your pay run and fix any errors before you record it with the Payrun Activity report, reducing the amount of rework and avoiding a knock on the door from the ATO.

This report lists all payroll categories and shows the category totals for all employees on the pay run.

You’ll be able to identify errors including:

•         Items mapped to the wrong ATO payroll category
  •         Superannuation not mapped at all (therefore reporting 0)
  •         Tax-free items that are not reducing gross amounts

5 payrun activity report.jpg 

Download your payroll report

Download a PDF of your Payroll report from the Payroll Reporting Centre. This new report shows you exactly what you’ve reported to the ATO each time you do a pay run.

You can:

•         View each employee’s YTD gross payments, tax withheld, allowances, deductions and super liability
  •         View total employer pay run amounts for gross salary or wages and PAYG withholding

Need more info? Check out our Single Touch Payroll reporting help page.

6 download report.jpg

Improvement: To make it easier to check that your report has been accepted by the ATO—and to help everyone remember to do it—we’ve added a button at the end of the Process Payroll wizard that takes you directly to the Payroll Reporting Centre. 

Multi-currency
Upgrading for importer businesses

The 2018.4.1 release brings big news for import-only businesses using AccountRight Classic (v19). We’ve improved our upgrade assistant, so now importer businesses can upgrade and move their data over to the new AccountRight.

Once importer businesses have upgraded, here’s what they’ll be able to do in AccountRight 2018.4.1:

•         Foreign purchase quotes, orders and bills (only item and service layouts are supported) ​
  •         Printing and emailing foreign purchase transactions and remittance advices​
  •         Full inventory tracking for foreign purchases, including receipt of stock off an order (Receive Items) ​
  •         Setting default currencies on supplier card​s
  •         Set global exchange rates from the currency list​ or when entering a purchase
  •         Setting custom exchange rates for a specific transaction​
  •         Create and reconcile a bank account using a foreign currency​
  •         Create spend and receive money transactions using the foreign bank account​
  •         Pay foreign bills and orders and track the realised gain or loss.
  •         Purchase register enhancements (currency grouping, subtotals) ​

There are a few things it doesn’t include yet, and company files that include this unsupported data will have to wait until a future release before they upgrade:

•         GST on foreign transactions​
  •         Foreign layouts that are NOT item or sales layout​
  •         Foreign general journals​
  •         Foreign sales

Learn more about multi-currency in AccountRight 2018.4.1

Learn how to upgrade from AccountRight Classic (v19)

Revaluing foreign bank account balances

Multi-currency users can now manually revalue the local balance against a foreign bank account, by recording a general journal entry.

Users can now select a foreign bank account in the Record Journal Entry window and process debits and credits against other accounts. This revaluation will only affect the local balances shown for foreign accounts, not the foreign balances.

Automatic revaluation will be coming in a future release. 

Improvement: Now you can select foreign suppliers from the Primary Supplier for Reorders list in the Item Information window. View this list in the Inventory command centre > Items List > double click an item > Buying Details tab.

0 primary supplier.jpg

Fix: Any rounding offset amounts that may occur when applying foreign debit notes to a purchase, are now automatically allocated to the currency gain/loss account. This occurs when the last remaining debit amount is applied to a purchase, which closes off the debit note.

Fix: Rounding off-sets are now handled automatically when you make payments to individual foreign purchase bills or orders. This covers payments using Pay Bills and Apply to Purchase for debit notes.

Build a more efficient and paper free workplace!

If your file is online in 2018.4.1, you'll be able to easily attach receipts and documents to transactions using the Spend Money Attachments window.  ​

You’ll be saying goodbye to mountains of paper files and move to digital storage of your clients’ documents and receipts. The documents are easy to access when you need them the most – making it easier to allocate expenses to the right transactions. ​

Compliance will be more efficient with all your documents in one place, plus you’ll have an easy reference point for those transactions you need to follow up on.  ​

Working with contacts in AccountRight? In this release you’ll also be able to add documents to any contact card. For example, you can add contracts to employee or supplier cards, making them easy to find and helping you build that paper free workplace. ​

Attach documents to Spend Money transactions (online only)

Keep track of your clients’ receipts and documents by attaching them directly to the relevant transaction. Once your files are attached you can view, delete, and download them.

In the Spend Money window, click the new Attachments tab, then simply drag and drop your files or click Add documents to attach them to the transaction.

01 spend money.jpg

Easily find transactions with attachments in your Bank Register (online only)

New attachment icons let you see which transactions have attachments at a glance. Double click the icon to open the attachment window for that transaction.

1 bank register.jpg

Attach documents to your contact cards (online only)

Easily keep track of contact specific documents by saving them directly to the contact card. Open the card, click the new Attachments tab, then drag and drop the document you want to attach or click Add documents. This works for any card type—customer, employee, supplier, or personal.

2 contact card.jpg 

Set jobs for an entire invoice

You asked for it, and we built it. Setting jobs for individual line items can be tedious, but now when you receive an invoice from one of our supplier invoice partners, you can allocate the full list of items to a single job by choosing it from the Set Job drop down menu.

3 set jobs.jpg

Fix: When the preference Warn for duplicate supplier invoice number is turned on, you are warned if the supplier invoice number has already been used when bills are created. Warnings weren’t appearing when bills were created in the In Tray from automatic supplier invoices, but now they are.

Fix: When you receive an invoice from one of our supplier invoice partners, the supplier item numbers from the invoice are now matched to your Supplier Item Number in the Buying Details tab of the Item Information window. Before this release, the supplier item numbers from the invoice were matched to the Item Number in the Profile tab, which could cause problems if multiple suppliers used the same item numbers on their invoices.
4 supplier item number.jpg

Invoicing
Invoice Reminders

If you email directly from AccountRight, you can automatically send reminders to your customers to pay their invoices. Once you've set invoice reminders up, you don't need to be signed into your MYOB software for the reminders to be sent – they're sent automatically.

New: We’ve listened to your feedback and have made some improvements to Invoice Reminders. You’ll have more flexibility to choose which customers receive invoice reminders. This improvement will be turned on before the end of 2018.

Improvement: We’ve added new Reminders sections to the Email Assistant and the Invoice Payment Assistant. New users, or anyone who’s setting up a new file will be guided through setting up reminders.

Friendlier emails

We’ve updated the default messages that are included in your emails when you send invoices, quotes, and orders.

The original default message was a bit… tense. It said: ‘Please contact us immediately if you are unable to detach or download your Invoice.’

Now it says: ‘Hi, your invoice is ready.’

This change only affects the default messages. If you’ve ever edited these messages, your messages will stay as you set them. If you haven’t edited them, then your messages will be updated.

If you’d rather write your own emails, go to Setup > Preferences > Email > Email Defaults.

Take control of your customer terms

Improvement: We’ve updated the default setting for your customer terms for Invoices to help you get paid faster. This won’t change customer terms for existing company files.

When you create a new company file, the new default setting will be ‘Payment is due: In a Given Number of Days’ and the number of days is set to 14.

Before this release, the default setting was Day of Month after EOM, which meant that the number of days before an invoice was due could be anywhere from one day to one month.
Now the world is a little more predictable.

7 in agiven number of days.jpg

Other updates

Fix: In the last update, importing Receive Money transactions via the AccountRight import/export feature would result in an unbalanced transaction error. This only affected New Zealand company files. This has been fixed.

Fix: Before the last update, ticked transactions in the Reconcile Accounts screen were highlighted in purple. In the 2018.3 update, this highlighting effect was missing. Now we’ve put it back.

Keep your version of AccountRight up to date

If you’re using AccountRight 2018.2, you’ll need to update by Monday 14 January 2019. We won’t be supporting this version online after this date.

How to update

If you’re using AccountRight Plus or Premier in Australia, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file over the next few days, or you can download the AccountRight PC Edition now (subscription required).

Installation tips

• When installation is complete, you won’t see a confirmation message. You can restart AccountRight immediately after installing the update.
  • Your company file won’t need upgrading, which means computers using 2018.3 can open your file (but you should still install this update on all computers).
  • If you already have Server Edition 2018.3, you will be notified that an update is available, however you can’t install the update directly from AccountRight’s notification window. You’ll need to:
    1. Uninstall your existing 2018.3 release from the server.
    2. Download the full 2018.4.1 Server Edition installer (subscription required)
    3. Install 2018.4.1 on the server.
  • If you need the MSI installer (for example you have terminal server or roaming profile network setup), download it here (subscription required)
  • If you have issues updating, see our troubleshooting guide.

22 Comments
Basketball
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Do we have to make sure all users are not working in the online company file before I do the upgrade from 2018.3 to 2018.4.1?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Basketball

Before updating the online company file to a new version, we do recommend ensuring that all users have the new version installed on their computer before upgrading the company file. This is because once the file has been upgraded it will not be able to be opened in prior versions.

Additionally all other users will need to be logged out of the file before it can be upgraded. If there are other users working on the file they will be disconnected from it, which may result in the loss of transactions that they were entering in but hadn’t completed

Penny_Accounts
Trusted Cover User
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi, 

Sorry if I missed it, but was there an update to fix blank lines printing with $0 purchases?

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Blank-Lines-printing-with-0-for-Purch...

Thanks

kerrie_smith
Partner
125 Posts
Partner
I'm excited that we can now attach documents to cards and Spend Money transactions Employee Paper Records can become a thing of the past!
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Penny_Accounts

Inserted blank and header lines on purchases showing 0.00 amounts when produced has also been addressed with this release.

Attachment2.PNG

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still no emailing sales payment receipts... Could someone PLEASE provide an update on this feature? The idea exchange post is being ignored and hasn't had an official response to comments for quite some time. It has been listed as planned implementation since 2013. Staff I've asked by phone have said they'll investigate and get back to me but never do.

Maree_C
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Wondering if the customer cards new attachment feature is limited to 10mb in total for each customer? Example abc company has  5 attachments equals 10mb or they can have any number attachments x 10mb?  

CuttingEdge
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@HeatherDBS totally agree, can not understand how you can email remittance advices but not receipts - should be an easy fix I imagine from a software point of view, and have been waiting not so patiently for this to be implmemented for YEARS - MYOB listen to the people, please 

JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Can we update from 2018.2 directly to 2018.4.1 ?  I have several clients that i left on 2018.2 due to the reconcilation window problem

gu3sswh0
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

@JackieW- Yes. Just download and go: help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Getting+the+latest+version

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Maree_C

Each individual attachment that you upload does need to be under 10MB.  However, you can have any number of attachments added to a card. For example, you could have 5 individual 10 MB attachments to a card should you need to.

SFDR65GG777
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is there a simple way to load receipts on the go or it can only be done on a desktop, using the cumbersome Spend Money?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SFDR65GG777

Currently, uploading of receipts can only be done through the desktop version of the software. "On the go" upload of receipts is something that we are still looking into with future development.

Locky
Experienced Partner
16 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi

I think the idea of being able to attach documents to employee cards is a great one, particularly for small business HR and training records. Also being able to store copies of contracts, etc, against suppliers and customers will be useful.

It would be very useful if, for a future release, consideration could be given to being able to add and display a comment and date against each document. I can see that as the numbers of documents grow, having to open each one to find the one you are after will be time consuming. 

Kind regards

Paul

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

Is there going to be a way to upload Invoices for Purchases, not just spend money?

Kind Regards,

Jen

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @jenni

You could already upload Invoices for Purchases using the In Tray in AccountRight, you can see more information on this by checking out this support note: Working with In Tray documents

Do feel free to Start a Post if you have any questions on this or if you run into any troubles.

Cheers,

Hayden

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi@Hayden,

Thanks for that.  I just realized that I am unable to do that because I am not using an online version.

Thanks anyway,

Jenni

Coastal36
3 Posts
User

Hi, I have just returned to using Myob First Edge v4 after a 3 year break. Unfortunately for me MYOB is asking for the Company File verification which I am unable to supply as I no longer have a record of the serial number. The software was originally purchased by me - is there some way I can obtain the serial number. I also notice that there is an upgrade available so I will look into the recommendations there. Thanks in advance for any help.

jcbc
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User

Is this update (2018.4.1) for NZ users as well?

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @jcbc

Yes, this update is available to all users. You can download the latest update by going to: www.myob.com/downloads and grab the latest version.

Cheers,

Hayden

plantingtheseed
Partner
11 Posts
Partner

when i got to install it states uninstall modify set up is that correct? I do not want to have an issue with my current file.  Can you advise the correct link to upgrade as I might be using the wrong link?  I am downloading from my.myob thanks

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @plantingtheseed

If you're getting a "Modify Setup" or "Uninstall" option when trying to download the 2018.4 installer, this would mean that the installer has detected the software is already installed.

To confirm this, if you open your Start Menu and type "2018.4". Do you see the software?

temp.png

If this does show, that would explain the message when you try and run the installer and why you aren't getting a prompt as it detects you have already installed the update.

Cheers,

Hayden