AccountRight 2019.2.1 is now available

Quinny
19 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

19Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

New Australian PAYG tax tables apply from 1 July 2019. Install this update to ensure your business stays compliant. 

We also fixed an issue where the wrong form (or default form) was used when printing or emailing.

What’s changed?

Tax table changes 

Tax rates and income thresholds changes 

There have been no changes to tax rates or income thresholds for the 2020 payroll year. 

HELP/SSL/TSL changes 

The HELP/SSL/TSL tax tables will be renamed 'Study and training support loads tax tables' and will cover HELP. VSLSFSS, SSL, ABSTUDY SSL and TSL 

STP improvements 

Update your STP details 

Now you can update your STP details in AccountRight, without having to call MYOB or the ATO 

In the Payroll reporting centre, click ATO settings to update your name, phone number, and email. To update your ABN or Software ID, click STP Settings and follow the prompts.  Find out more.

Year-to-date Verification report 

Compliance can be a headache, especially with a lot of employees. To take some of the pain out of this tax season, we’ve created a new report to help you verify the details you’re recording with the ATO. Find out more.

Payroll reporting centre - totals at a glance 

Now you can see the totals for Gross paymentsPAYG withholdingRFBA and Section 57A RFBA at a glance from the Payroll reporting centre by scrolling down to the new totals row. 

Other updates 

Fixed: We fixed an issue preventing custom forms and reports being saved and an issue where the wrong form (or default form) was used when printing or emailing.

What do I need to do now? 

Complete these steps before your first pay run in July 2019: 

1. Install the 2019.2.1 update when you’re notified in AccountRight. 
  2. After you close your 2019 payroll year, go to the Setup menu and choose Load Payroll Tax Tables. 
  3. Click Load Tax Tables. 
  4. If you have more than one company file, repeat these steps in each file. 

To check that the tax tables have loaded successfully, open your company file, go to the Setup menu and choose General Payroll Information. The tax table revision date needs to be 01/07/2019. 

2019-06-26_10-09-48.png

Our EOFY videos are just what you need.  

We’ll also have a team of EOFY experts ready to answer your questions at selected times during June and July on Live Chat.  

Watch now 

How to update   

If you’re using AccountRight Plus or Premier in Australia, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file over the next few days, or you can download the update from my.myob.com.au . 

Installation tips 

• When installation is complete, you won’t see a confirmation message. You can restart AccountRight immediately after installing the update. 
  • You won’t see a new desktop icon for the 2019.2.1 release. You can keep using the AccountRight 2019.2 icon to open AccountRight. 
  • Your company file won’t need upgrading, which means computers using 2019.2 or 2019.2.1 can open your file (but you should still install this update on all computers). 
  • If you already have Server Edition 2019.2, you will be notified that an update is available, however you can’t install the update directly from AccountRight’s notification window. You’ll need to: 
  • Uninstall your existing 2019.2 release from the server. 
  • Download the full 2019.2.1 Server Edition installer from my.myob.com.au 
  • Install 2019.2.1 on the server. 
  • If you already have PC Edition 2019.2 and you choose to download the full 2019.2.1 PC installer from the my.MYOB website, you will need to uninstall your existing 2019.2 software before you can install the new version. To avoid having to do this, download the “update” or “patch” installer instead (look for a .msp file), or update when prompted in your AccountRight software. 
  • If you have issues updating, see our troubleshooting guide. 

14 Comments
DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User

Hi @Quinny 

Version 2019.1 of AccountRight Plus already has a Year-to-date verification report, so this cannot be a new feature, or do you mean that it is now a report that actually works (see numerous forum posts re issues of hourly ETP payments not appearing on this report) ?

And, after the debacle of 2019.2, can you confirm that this release has actually been tested before release ?

Regards,

Danny

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Quinny , @Suja_P , I note you say "If you’re in New Zealand, or use AccountRight Standard or Basics, you don’t need to install this update - 2019.2 is the latest version for you. ". Surely NZ users need to install this update as a fix for the issue with custom forms? Or are you saying that NZ users were never affected???

And just to clarify - there was an issue with custom reports which appeared to be linked to the custom forms issue. Has that been resolved as well?

And again to clarify - is the issue relating to field widths on transaction screens (not being retained) still there, or has that been fixed?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you, @Mike_James

We did have that line in there, but have since removed it, as the issue with custom forms and reports impacted clients across ANZ.

And yes, the issue with custom forms and reports, introduced in 2019.2 has been resolved in this version 2019.2.1. Unfortunately the issue with column widths not retaining has not been resolved in this update. 

Regards,

Suja

NVK
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello

Thank you for trying to fix it.

Just wanted to let you know, new Payroll Verification report  appears to be different from Payroll Activity summary report (both Gross payment and PAYG Withholding).

I compared employee by employee and only a few employees are incorrect.  I checked Payroll categories set up - OK, checked their pay advice reports  - nothing  out of ordinary, just usual hourly rates. Their 2019 PAYG Payment Summaries  match Payroll Activity Report, so I think something wrong with verification report. I can't send it to ATO.

Also, for some reason verification report is sorted by Employee First Name?!? Makes it hard to check with other reports.

fabsolutions
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

I can see that the column issue has not been fixed (although I was told by tech support last week that it was definitely included in the new upgrade).  Can you advise a workaround as this is causing a lot of time wasting having to change the column width each invoice as we need a large description area and the other areas can be smaller.

Ang_Low
1 Post
Cover User

Yes I too was told that the column widths would be addressed in this fix. Such a time waster & incredibly frustrating to format many of the column widths for EVERY invoice/order we generate. Too busy to be mucking around with this but cannot generate invoices/orders without increasing the description field, so this just wastes a lot of my working hours!! When will this be fixed??? So over it!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @fabsolutions  @Ang_Low 

The AccountRight 2019.2.1 update did include a fix for the customise form usage situation introduced in AccountRight 2019.2. 

We are still aware of the situation with the Column Width in Sales layout reverting to default does still occur in AccountRight 2019.2.1 and we are working through for a potential solution in our next update, AccountRight 2019.3 - as that update is still in development, we don't have an official ETA at this stage.

AmandaPAVSQ
3 Posts
User

Updating to 2019.2.1 

One question does the administrator do the update and it is available by the other users or does each user need to update to the new available version?

thank you 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AmandaPAVSQ 

All computers that you do need to access the company file with would need to be upgraded to AccountRight 2019.2.1.

The company file(s) does only need to be upgraded once, this will typically be done by the Administrator. For online files, the AccountRight Live Owner or Administrator would need to upgrade the file, an AccountRight Live File User would not have that access. You can upgrade a company file from AccountRight 20xx just open that upgraded file in the new version it will prompt for upgrade.

cdks
1 Post
User

Hi,

You mentioned that the "issue where the wrong form (or default form) was used when printing or emailing" was fixed in 2019.2.1.  

Can you confirm this was fixed as we are still having issues with printing invoices?

We have made changes to the invoice form but it reverts to an old version when printing or saving (emailing is OK). 

We have deleted and recreated the form but it still reverts to an old version.

A new form with a different name works but we don't want to have to change all 5000 customer cards where original "printed form" name is stored. 

Tricia1
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

We recently upgraded to AccountRight, and the version we have installed is 2019.2.1, reading the above queries and replies, the bugs regarding the printing of customised forms is supposed to be fixed, not on my computer. I have followed all steps mentioned from the basic closing & restarting, to deleting cache files to upgrading, still the default pay slip form prints out. Now as the default does not have our full name on it, I'm unable to send it to the ATO. The other problem I'm having is trying to connect to the ATO. I click on the button, and all I get is "Navigation to Website is cancelled". I mentioned this to one of the "live Chat" people yesterday, and was told the ATO is busy try again later. I have tried a number of times since, and even a few minutes ago, still unable to connect. Not happy at all, have wasted far too much time on this.

Tricia

emmaluisa
2 Posts
User

Forms still aren't working for us either, after uninstalling 2019.2 and installing 2019.2.1 ... very frustrating.  The forms are all there in the 'customise forms' section but can't be found when invoicing. 

emmaluisa
2 Posts
User

... and our invoices don't work on emailing either... we can't send out any invoices...

Chuck_Mak
Partner
103 Posts
Partner

Hi all,

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but the update below has not happened for ARL verions 2019.2.1, after updating the tax table to version 1/7/19.

HELP/SSL/TSL changes

The HELP/SSL/TSL tax tables will be renamed 'Study and training support loads tax tables' and will cover HELP. VSL, SFSS, SSL, ABSTUDY SSL and TSL.