Tali
9 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Having trouble? Here are a few things you should know

In this release, we’ve made it easier for you to run your business on an international scale. Plus, we’ve expanded reminders, introduced the ability for your customers to pay multiple invoices at once, and have introduced a new time tracking app! Here’s what this release has to offer:

With the addition of live exchange rates, accounting for international transactions just got easier. Plus, GST is now supported on foreign transactions and the summary reconciliation reports can now display amounts in local and foreign currency.

Need to track inventory across multiple warehouses? Using Multi-Location, you can manage inventory across multiple sites.

Save your customers time and get paid on time with AccountRight monthly reminders. It’s quick, simple and effective.

Allow your customers to pay multiple invoices at once. Customers can now see what’s overdue and pay multiple invoices in one go.

Use Time Tracking for AccountRight to log time entries and jobs on the go. Just download the app from the App Store and log into your existing AccountRight file to get started.

Plus speed enhancements, bug fixes, and other helpful improvements.

Note: Multi-currency and multi-location are only available in Premier.

[Premier only] Trade internationally with live exchange rates

When you create a transaction, you can now have the peace of mind that you’re using the most current market rates – so that you’re not making errors when entering exchange rates. Learn more.

tradeinternationally.jpg

Report on amounts owed in foreign currency

The Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Summary Reconciliation reports can now display foreign currency equivalents of amounts owing by customers and owed to suppliers.

reportonamountsdue.png

Foreign credit cards open for business

We already support foreign bank accounts, but with this release we also support foreign credit cards.

foreign credit cards.png

Upgrading from AccountRight Classic

With this release, businesses using an AccountRight Classic V.19 file that includes GST on foreign transactions, foreign general journals or foreign credit cards can upgrade to the new AccountRight for the first time. Learn how to upgrade a multi-currency file from AccountRight Classic.

[Premier only] Track your stock, wherever it is, whenever you like

When you receive and dispatch stock from multiple warehouses it can be challenging to keep track of inventory levels. Now with Multi-Location, you can create new locations and monitor your inventory across them with a few clicks.

track your stock.png

Set up reminders and encourage customers to pay you sooner

Nobody likes chasing their customers up for payments… With Unpaid invoice summary, you can automate these gentle prods, so your customers remember to pay their invoices at the end of each month. Learn more about Invoice reminders.

set up reminders.png

Allow your customers to pay multiple invoices at once

Now your customers can select a few invoices to pay at once, saving them time while getting you paid on time! Learn more.

allow your customers to pay mult.png

Log jobs on the go with Time tracking for AccountRight

We’re excited to announce Time Tracking for AccountRight, a new app that allows you to create activity slips on the go! Learn more.

log jobs on the go.png

Here’s what else we’ve improved and fixed

We’ve improved the speed of many AccountRight reports and we’ve also addressed some pesky bugs.

Speed improvements:

• Accounts ­– General Journal Transactions
  • Accounts – Account Transactions (Cash)
  • Accounts – Profit & Loss (Cash)
  • Accounts – Job History
  • Sales – Sales & Receivables Journal Transactions
  • Purchases – Purchases & Payables Journal Transactions
  • Purchases – Analyse Purchases (Supplier, Multi-Period & FY Comparison)
  • Inventory – Inventory Journal Transactions
  • Banking – Cash Receipts Journal Transactions
  • Banking – Bank Deposit Slip
  • Payroll – Payroll Advice
  • Card – Card Transactions

We’ve also improved the loading speed of the Item Register in large files.

Issues fixed: 

• When creating a Pay Bill from the Bank Feeds window, the focus is now once again on the Supplier field instead of the Electronic Payments field.
  • Fixed an issue that removed the dollar symbol and other formatting from item invoices.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the ability to change the Deposit To Account field after recording Receive Payments or Receive Money to Undeposited Funds.
  • In 2019.1, creating receipt transactions from bank feeds incorrectly allowed the editing of the Deposit To Account field, and also resulted in the Customer field not having the initial focus. Both issues have been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue in the Item Information window where price levels in Items that were created using the Copy From button sometimes didn’t update correctly.
  • Items with a $0.00 value in a Time Billing order would cause AccountRight to crash. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue on service invoices where the line tax amounts incorrectly displayed $0.00 for blank lines and headers.
  • Account Numbers that had leading zeros, for example 1-0100, caused sub-totals in Profit & Loss reports to incorrectly appear at the end of a section. This has been fixed.
  • An issue was introduced in 2019.1 where the Price column on tax-inclusive item sales orders remained as tax-exclusive for both new and imported sales orders. This has been fixed.
  • In 2019.1, bills on remittance advices and entries in timesheets were ordered incorrectly. This has been fixed.
  • The Backorder List window did not appear as expected when attempting to record sales of certain items with insufficient quantities. This has been fixed.
  • An AccountIdNull error appeared in certain cases when building Items or recording inventory adjustments. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue in 2019.1 where credit terms on recurring sales that were recorded from the To Do List window were incorrectly changed to cash on delivery (COD).
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing the recap of purchase transactions recorded during locked periods.

How to update

You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file over the next few days, or you can download the AccountRight PC Edition now (subscription required).

If you need a different version (Server Edition, MSI, or older versions), you can find it on our AccountRight downloads page.

Installation tips

• When installation is complete, you won’t see a confirmation message. You can restart AccountRight immediately after installing the update.
  • Your company file won’t need upgrading, which means computers using 2018.4.1 can open your file (but you should still install this update on all computers).
  • If you need the MSI installer (for example you have terminal server or roaming profile network setup), download it here (subscription required).
  • If you need the Server Edition you can download it here (subscription required).
  • If you have issues updating, see our troubleshooting guide.

14 Comments
DamienGM
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The Server version link still points to 2019.1, same issue on Downloads page as well

PD_jonathan
2 Posts
User

Does this release support foreign currency general journal entries?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DamienGM 

Thanks for the pickup. I'll let the team know.

The update should also be available via your my.MYOB account (Australia , New Zealand) by selecting My Products>>Downloads after logging in.

boundtoimpress
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

After waiting patiently for several years we are still unable to upgrade our file due to multi-currency transactions, nor are we able to just delete these transactions from our current file due to the dreaded "journal" problem making it impossible to just remove our foreign currency transactions.

With only weeks to the new requirements for STP we are either going to have to start from scratch or choose another option for STP.

Sorry MYOB but this is not very good service at all.

adf
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I totally agree with boundtoimpress.

In my numerous enquiries to you over the years, you have assured me mult currency is coming.

I need miscallaneous purchase support for multi currency, which is still not supported. I have been told it will be here before the dealine for STP.

Are you going to deliver it? You're leaving it very close, if so. How about keeping me informed? I get plenty of calls offering me loans - but nothing about the issue that really matters to me.

You guys spruik about how you make the small business person's life easier. Let me tell you - the single most pressing issue for me right now is am I going to have a compliant payroll package come July 1. Should I move to Quicken / Xero now? Or wait it out? What will this migration entail. You get my point - MYOB is my absolute main point of frustration right now. Instead of helping my business, you're putting a big road block in the way of me running my business.

Shameful. Absolutely, shameful!!

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @boundtoimpress @adf 

Multi Currency is available in this release. Does this not give you what you need?

Cheers

David

boundtoimpress
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No it doesn't because we can not upgrade our file so would effectively have to start over. It's not worth the effort when you can be STP compliant for $10 a month with other providers whilst we await MYOB getting a working upgrade path.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @boundtoimpress 

What is the issue that stops you from upgrading?

Cheers 

David

boundtoimpress
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
jowalsh
3 Posts
User

Oh my gosh - I am still waiting for a Job Profit and Loss Multi Period!

Emailing receipts too would be a huge bonus (saves printing and scanning).

And emailing invoices to multiple email address and being able to choose to email statements to a different email address.

Loads more issues believe me - I think MYOB you are totally behind the ball. You should concentrate on making the current program watertight and more powerful before introducing versions that have bugs.  We too lost our customised statement forms in the 2019.2 upgrade.

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Seriously.......................still no email receipts?  It can't be that hard!!

What is the hold up?

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@jowalshYou can send to more than one email address. I have multiple addresses stored in the one field for a couple of my cards. Just add a semi colon between each one.

eg sales@xyz.com.au;orders@xyz.com.au;admin@xyz.com.au (no spaces)

On another card I have the address saved as sales@xyz.com.au (invoices); accounts@xyz.com.au (statements); orders@xyz.com.au (orders) . When I go to email the invoices or orders or whatever, I just manually deleted the ones not needed for this second example. If it needs to be sent to everyone, I use the first example.

TanyaBJ
2 Posts
Cover User
  • Fixed an issue on service invoices where the line tax amounts incorrectly displayed $0.00 for blank lines and headers.???
  • We didn't have this problem until we downloaded 19.2, so do we have to wait for a couple of months to get this fixed now??  the zero's on the tax line aren't lining up now either
AAL1
3 Posts
User

Item invoices won't import with description different to Item name, there has never been an issue with this before. We used to add a date to our item sale lines on a monthly invoice and now the only way to import with the date in the description is to delete the item name on the list which makes it difficult to find the correct item when typing a manual invoice. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Also there was no indication of what was causing the import error - it took 2 hours of trial and error to work out what was causing the "DataChangedConflict" error