AccountRight 2019.3 is now available

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

For the AccountRight 2019.3 release, we've added functions to some of our most popular features, including: 

• Multi-currency changes–– Send statements to your overseas customers, enter item prices in foreign currencies and easily access the currency calculator when changing rates in transactions.
  • Bank feed rule enhancements–– Take transaction coding to the next level by creating bank feed rules that match transactions by a dollar amount. And for Australian businesses, bank feed rules can now be set up to mark taxable payments as reportable.
  • In Tray enhancements–– Create a spend money transaction by uploading a document to the In Tray, saving you time on tedious data entry.

Plus bug fixes and a set of small but helpful improvements.

[Premier only] Multi-currency enhancements 

Send statements to your overseas customers 

When sending statements to your overseas customers the amounts will now display in your customers currency. You can also add a currency code to your personalised statement to display the currency on your statement. 

Multicurrency Statement.png 

Item prices entered in foreign currency value

Item prices can now be entered in the foreign value. We’ve made this change to reflect how AccountRight v19 handled items and multi-currency.

Items entered in foreign currency.png

Easily access the currency calculator when changing transaction rates

If you need to manually calculate the exchange rate, you can now easily access the currency calculator when changing the rate on a transaction.

Currency Calculator.png

Smarter bank feed rules

Create rules for a dollar amount

You make the rules and AccountRight plays by them. You can now set up bank feed rules for specific amounts. So, if you have regular amounts going through your bank account each month, set up bank feed rules for those amounts. AccountRight will then identify them and take care of the rest.

Dollar Amount Rules.png

Create rules for reportable contractor payments (Australia only)

Marking taxable payments as reportable has always been a manual process…until now. Say hello to a new bank feed rule option which does it for you.

Rule for Contractor Payments.png

Find out more

For more information, see Bank feed rules.

Create a spend money transaction from an In Tray document

You can now create a spend money transaction by uploading a document, such as a receipt, to the In Tray. This enables you to save time on manual data entry. AccountRight uses some smarts to read and automatically fill in as many of the fields on the transaction as possible.

All you need to do is check the details that have been automatically entered and enter any additional details that are needed.

If you use In Tray to create spend money transactions, you'll also:

• know that expense documents are stored securely online and easy to access
  • have a proof of purchase for transactions, which is important for compliance.

You can add documents and use them to create spend money transactions or link them to existing ones - just go to the Banking command centre, click In Tray and choose an option.

Spend money from In Tray.png

With your documents securely stored in AccountRight, you can then move the emailed originals to that special folder – trash!

Find out more

For more information, see Attaching documents to spend money transactions.

Workflow improvements and bug fixes

As always, this release includes some smaller changes and improvements to keep AccountRight running smoothly.

New fields on invoice forms

Improvement: There are 2 new columns available to use on item invoice and purchase order forms:

Invoices> Item:

• EX PRICE 2 (price excluding tax)
  • INC PRICE 2 (price including tax)

Purchases Orders > Item:

• EX PRICE 2 (price excluding tax)
  • PRICE 2 (price including tax)

These columns are formatted to 2 decimal places instead of 6.

Faster reporting

Improvement: We’ve improved the speed of the Business Insights Dashboard and the following reports:

• Sales reports:
    • Customer - Analyse Sales [Customer - FY Comparison]
    • Salesperson - Custom Payment
    • Other Sales Report - GIS Customers
  • Accounts reports:
    • Categories - GL Summary
    • Balance Sheet - Balance Sheet
    • Balance Sheet - Balance Sheet Last Year Analysis
  • Others reports:
    • Inventory - Pricing - Price List Details
    • Other Purchase Reports - Bill Transactions Accrual

Copy transaction lists

Improvement: Easily copy data from each tab on the Find Transactions window with a simple right-click > Copy List to Clipboard. You can then paste the data into other documents, like Excel.

[Premier only} Multi-currency bug fixes

Fixed: We’ve fixed an issue where several reports were showing incorrect data on foreign currency transactions. These reports include:

• Accounts Receivable Reconciliation Summary/Details reports
  • Accounts Payable Reconciliation Summary/Details reports

Fixed: We’ve fixed a validation issue on Foreign Recurring Purchases and Sales (Foreign Recurring Purchases and Sales aren’t supported yet).

Fixed: We’ve fixed an issue in which upgraded Classic AccountRight (v19) company files had incorrect balances showing on the bank reconciliation report.

Fixed: Fixed a bug where gains and losses were overstated or understated on transactions with deposits.

Other bug fixes

Fixed: Column widths weren’t saving in sales.
Fixed: Importing data caused a (DataChangedConflict) error.
Fixed: Payroll Advice report ordered employees by first name.

How to update

You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file, or you can download the AccountRight PC Edition now (subscription required).

If you need a different version (Server Edition, MSI, or older versions), you can find it on our AccountRight downloads page.

For detailed information about installing the latest version, see Getting the latest version.

41 Comments
BronwynHamster
Trusted Cover User
196 Posts
Trusted Cover User

When are MYOB planning to fix Categories?

nickf1
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User

Hi -

was the bug reported in this thread: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Importing-Exporting-Customer-cards/td...

addressed in the latest update ?

nickf

BronwynHamster
Trusted Cover User
196 Posts
Trusted Cover User

No it wasn't that bug. It is a magor bug with the software that has been in ARL since inception in 2013 which MYOB continually ignores.

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hope they've also fixed that AR 2019.1 and 2019.2 bug which caused Bank Reconciliations to show wage payments with the first line of the employee's address, rather than their name.

Kym Yeoward

Darwin (Palmerston)

Connockity
Trusted User
165 Posts
Trusted User

Hi,

My statements are still displaying "$" for a GBP based client.

I have gone into my plain paper statement and there is a field there called 'currency symbol' but it is displaying a dollar sign instead of a pounds sign when I print the statement?

KGatBarron
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Can someone tell me if they fixed the multi-currency issue in reports?

All my reports are displayed in AUD and it frustrates the life out of me... how am i meant to print a list of what's owing in the wrong currency ?!?!

TTASK
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

LOVE "Spend Money" being an option in the in tray! You have just saved me Hours! 

Also love the currency calculator in the currency exchange rate window. 

Thanks for putting the effort into some nice time saving features. 

TTASK
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Not that I can see KGatBarron

The work around we use is that I have the currency set up in the card file as the identifier and I just run reports on those identifiers. Not ideal but gets the result in the end. You could also use "custom list" if you wanted. 

MYOB I understand that doing this would take a massive amount of programming time so perhaps you could start by jsut asdding "currency" to the "available columns" in some of the reports. so that we can filter by that? Would be a better work around that using my above option as it means you won't missing anything if you have forgotten to add the identifier or if you have a supplier/customer that you use multiple currencies for. 

cindykh69
3 Posts
User

I have just upgraded 3 files and now am unable to get bank feeds as it says the username and password is incorrect, but it most definitely is correct.

Anyone else? 

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

@Suja_P wrote:

Workflow improvements and bug fixes

As always, this release includes some smaller changes and improvements to keep AccountRight running smoothly.

New fields on invoice forms

Improvement: There are 2 new columns available to use on invoice forms:

• Unit Price Tax Inc.
  • Unit Price Tax Ex.

These columns are formatted to 2 decimal places instead of 6.

If I reprint an invoice that was showing 6 decimals, does the above fix that automatically or do I need to edit my invoice and replace that column with one of above new columns then reprint? (Because reprinting current invoice still shows 6 decimals.)

Edit: I don't see Unit Price Tax inc or ex. ARe these in Customize forms or somewhere else??

AccountingPower
Valued User
194 Posts
Valued User

Looking forward to checking out the improvements in the reporting areas.

Matt Jones

Official Reporting Expert

www.accountingpower.com.au

doublet
Trusted Cover User
120 Posts
Trusted Cover User

happily updating invoice forms with the 2 decimal place fields! thank you for that - haven't tested sales form column widths being saved yet though.

cheers!

ps @CDFFDC the fields need to be changed in customise forms... exPrice2 and IncPrice2 are the 2 decimal place Unit $ex and Unit $inc

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

@doubletthanks, but I don't see any of that...

Myob1.jpgMyob2.png

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @CDFFDC 

The ExPrice2 and IncPrice2 columns need to be added to the table by clicking on the table and then going to Table Layout >> Show/Hide Columns. This will allow you to add additional columns to the invoice table and remove unneeded ones.

In contrast the Fields option on the toolbar adds individual fields, unconnected with the transactional information contained within the invoice table

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Ok, but now it just adds it to the end and won't let me move it to where ExPrice was... smh.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CDFFDC 

There’s two ways you can reorder the columns on an invoice table. Either by adding the columns in the order you want them to appear or by clicking on the heading and dragging that column across to the desired location in between other columns

RheaB021199
5 Posts
User

NO THEY HAVE NOT FIXED THE CURRENCY SYMBOL  IN UNIT PRICES. STILL NOT INCLUDED IN THE PREFERENCES (EVEN DESELECTING SHOW CURRENCY IN WINDOWS) ALL UPDATES ARE FOR MYOB PREMIER ONLY. SO INSTEAD OF GETTING ACCOUNTRIGHT, WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN PREMIER! LESS WORRIES, LESS PRICEY.

CDFFDC
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks again @Neil_M , but both ways you describe no longer work in v2019.3. Have you tried it?

I've now fixed it but this is how:

- Click show/hide columns (this brings up the 'available columns' and 'columns in your table' as you mentioned)

- If I replace ExPrice with Ex price 2, it adds Ex Price 2 to the end

- I then have to remove the next column and add it back, but it adds it back in the same order it was with Ex Pric 2 at the end

- repeat for the rest of the columns

As I mentioned this adds them back in the same order they already were but with Ex Price 2 at the end, but when you press ok, Ex Price 2 is in the proper order.

?????? how is this acceptable???

Have a look at my form now:

2019-09-23_14h25_07.jpg

And doing it the other way won't let you 'grab' the column and move it. It just lets you adjust the width. Is it broken??

doublet
Trusted Cover User
120 Posts
Trusted Cover User

@CDFFDC 

it worked for me - I added the field, it went to the end, then I deleted the old field and dragged the new one into place.

JamieFCA
3 Posts
User

Why are bank feed transactions now allocating a chq no. rather than "EFT" for the Transaction ID no. and is there any way to change this back to EFT?

RMS-Ross
4 Posts
User

I find this new software 2019 accountright is still riddled with problems. I ran with version 19 for years without issue. Now I find myself just about everyday looking at MYOB community posts to see if others are having the same issues that I experience. I would really appreciate a call from MYOB from somebody that actually understands the software, not some help centre operator that has no clue.

Andy4
5 Posts
User

Has this Payroll Advice Report and Payroll Pay Slip bug been fixed yet, was still an issue in 2019.2.1?

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Payroll-Advice-report-bug-for-YTD-column-in-...

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Everyone,

Since updating I have notice that in the when I bring up reports from the INDEX that the report windows are missing the usual - Minimise/ Maximis/ Close icons?

Is it just me or is it a thing in the update?

Thanks

LaineW
2 Posts
Cover User

Since upgrading to 2019.3 when an item has nil in stock I can't view the transactions in Item Register. 

Samer
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Since updating Cant report sales>activities> sales activity. Justbwont work. 

dave_d
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

Column widths weren’t saving in quote form either, please fix WITHOUT forcing the expense of an update. It's an MYOB error, MYOB should fix it!

call23
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

since upgrading it has truncated leading zero's in invoices and part number's when exporting to excel. Any solution to this?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @call23 

As I understand it you have exported from MYOB as a text file.

Have excel open first and then select the text file you want to open. It will give you the text entry wizard and in step 3 (I think it is 3!) select these columns as text fields.

The leading zeros should then show.

cheers

David

AussieWendy
1 Post
User

Since upgrading to 2019.3 when an item has nil in stock I can't view the transactions in Item Register. 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JamieFCA 

We are aware that in v2019.3 Spend Money/Receive Money transactions created automatically by bank rules are switching 'EFT' and the transaction ID. Our developers are currently investigating this problem and working towards a fix. I'm afraid that the only workaround right now is clicking into the transactions and manually edit the ID field. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LaineW @AussieWendy 

Sorry about the trouble you are experiencing. Currently in v2019.3, the Item Register window does not display transactions if filtered by an item with 0 qty in hand. Our developers are investigating the root cause and working towards a fix as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, you can workaround it by generating the Item Register Report to view the information.

Andy4
5 Posts
User

So just updated to 2019.3 and this is still not fixed...

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Payroll-Advice-report-bug-for-YTD-column-in-...

I cannot understand why such a coding bug would be this difficult to squash... plus it isn't like there is a legal requirement in Australia for these records to be reliable & correct... oh wait...

This was reported and demonstrated to your support team with a remote desktop connection in May!!!! I suppose it is simply too much to ask a modern accounting package to add up figures in the payroll reports!

PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

@Suja_Pis there any word on the realse of the API endpoints for suppliers? Can you check with the development team is this will be included in next release?

It would be great to know whats on the development road map so i can answer clients queries with confidence regarding the next version 2019.4?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PowerMyobBI, thank you for your query.

I have reached out to our Ecosystems team for more information on this. Will post back, as soon as I hear back from them. 

Cheers,

Suja

Trudy12
5 Posts
Cover User

This new release broke many reports. For our business it broke the Autobuild Items report in inventory. It I now IMPOSSIBLE TO EXTRACT OUT Bill of Materials line items from MYOB into Excel. There is absolutely NO OTHER WAY TO GET THIS DATA OUT TO LOOK AT.  This is a major flaw in the software.

As a manufacturing business it is imperative that we have this report working. 

We were looking to upgrade to MYOB Advanced - a significant investment - But We have now lost confidence in MYOB's ability to properly implement upgrades with so called "improvements". We will eventually be looking at another provider when we can invest the funds.

As a severely drought affected business in NSW employing over 30 staff we did not need this impediment to our operations.

An URGENT FIX IS REQUIRED

Trudy

Othman
3 Posts
Cover User

I just moved from Accountright Plus to meet STP requirements. Accountright is slow...unbearably slow...its taking too much business time. Is there and improvement being planned?

MYJEL
Trusted User
28 Posts
Trusted User

Why is it that every upgrage adds more bugs and problems than it 'fixes'

Newcraft
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This release has still not fixed the column width not saving issue for any of my Sales Orders and Sales Invoices screens, however it appears to have worked for my Sales Quotes screen. Is there something that needs to happen to the default template files before the bug fix works? Like deleting or renaming the old template files so that new ones can be created?

dilliramkhatri
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Does anyone knows when the online version coming for AccountRight Premier? Thank you Dilli

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @dilliramkhatri 

Back in May 2014, we introduced Premier company files to the AccountRight Live range. With multi-currency being introduced in stages from AccountRight 2018.3 onwards, with AccountRight 2019.2 being the version that allowed AccountRight Classic mulit-currency Premier files to be migrated.

SASTA
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, is there any chance that a fix will be provided in the very near future for the software crash that I experience every time I refund someone? This has been an ongoing issue with ARL since we installed it in December 2018. I am now on the latest version (2020.1) and it still happens. Every. Single. Time. I send off the error email and restart MYOB but everytime it happens. And it's so frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this particular issue?