AccountRight 2020.3.1 is now available

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

New Australian PAYG tax tables apply from 13 October 2020. Learn more about the October tax tables on the ATO website.

To ensure your business stays compliant, here's how you can get this update:

If you’re currently using

Do this

AccountRight 2020.3 (online company file)

Sit back and relax – you don’t need to install an update. Your tax tables will be automatically updated to the latest version, and will apply to all pays with a payment date of October 13 or later.

AccountRight 2020.3 (offline company file)

Click Update now when prompted in your company file. 

AccountRight 2020.2 or earlier

Click Update now when prompted in your company file. Or you can download the 2020.3.1 (full installer) from my.myob.com.au

AccountRight (Server Edition)

Uninstall your current version and download the 2020.3.1 Server Edition (full installer) from my.myob.com.au

For more information see Updating an AccountRight network.

How can I check my current version?

In your company file, go to the Help menu and choose About MYOB AccountRight.

After installing the update, the version number should be 2020.3.1. (If you use an online company file in AccountRight 2020.3 your version number won’t change).

AR 2020.3.1.png

The updated tax table revision date will show when processing pays after the update has been installed:

tax.PNG

The date in the General Payroll Information window will update after processing the first pay with the new tax tables.

46 Comments
kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I don't see the download (2020.3.1) from the link you described and nor do we see the ability to update from myob...We are not using online file

Capture.JPG

BB01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Yes we have the same issue.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @kjm@BB01

Can you please attempt to download the AccountRight installer for 2020.3, once this has been downloaded and installed please go to Help > About MYOB AccountRight and check to see if the product is 2020.3.1

Please do let me know how you go. 

SammiB
Trusted Partner
91 Posts
Trusted Partner

There is no download available in downloads, I need the SE version.

Tried to install from MYOB and it cant install unless you uninstall the current version.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SammiB

Thank you for your post. For the server edition of AccountRight you will need to uninstall your current version and download the 2020.3 Server Edition (full installer), once downloaded and installed please go to Help > About MYOB AccountRight and check to see if the product is 2020.3.1.

RadIT
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

File version for the 2020.3 downloads are 2020.3.1, so it appears the downloads for 2020.3 have been updated to 2020.3.1.

I can't comment on the my.myob.com.au downloads.

My experience with SE versions is yes, you can't install minor versions without uninstalling the existing version first.

ie. 2020.3.1 won't install unless 2020.3 is uninstalled

2020.3.1 will install if 2020.2 is, but 2020.3 isn't

Hope that helps!

Anita_Humphreys
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We downloaded AccountRight Plus 2020.3.1 and the tax tables have not been updated.

We are not online, did you not release the new tax tables for server based users?

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User

but as per my post the picture refers to '20/08/2020 10:30:00 AM'  - just to confirm you are saying that this is in fact todays release? @Melisa_D 

SammiB
Trusted Partner
91 Posts
Trusted Partner

@Melisa_DThank you, when MYOB decides to add 2020.3.1SE to downloads on my.myob for Partners I will download and install (after uninstalling 2020.3)

@RadITThank you.

Andrew_GK
1 Post
Former Staff

@Anita_Humphreys  When you do your next payrun, the new tax table will automatically apply if you have upgraded to v2020.3.1

NTT.JPG

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Thanks @Suja_P , but my clients are saying theyre not getting the Update now button?

Cheers

Darren

Anita_Humphreys
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Partner @Andrew_GK We have successfully downloaded 2020.3.1 and the tax tables revision date remains as 01/07/2020. 

Tax Table Information.JPG

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have downloaded and the tax tables are 13/10/2020. 

@Anita_Humphreys  there are 2 'download areas' named 2020.3.0 and 2020.3.  Make sure you have downloaded from 2020.3 not 2020.3.0

I really do think Myob could improve the 'clarity' of this download area since todays download actual has no indication it is today but instead references 20/08/2020.... 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

@DTull 

Hi Darren

If your clients have already upgraded to 2020.3 and their files are online, they don't need to do anything. If they haven't upgraded or their files are offline they can download the update from their my.myob account.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers

Tracey

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Thanks @Tracey_H but I have only contacted those still on 2020.2. They say theres no Update button...

Cheers

Darren

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Anita_Humphreys 

In order for the tax table revision date to update in Payroll Categories and Setup>>General Payroll Information you need to go to Payroll>>Process Payroll>>Employee Pays:

tax.PNG

Opening the Process Payroll window will refresh the tax table date in all areas of the software.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

@DTull 

Thanks for that information Darren, Are they able to download the update from their my.myob account?

Cheers

Tracey

Anita_Humphreys
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@Tracey_H and @kjm 

See attached photos....

Myob 2020.3.1.JPGPayroll Process Tax Table.JPG

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

@Tracey_H probably, but they (and I) prefer the ease of the Update button in the past. Much easier for the "not so IT savvy" 

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User

It took me two restarts for the new date to show up as indicated but even then the tax calculated differs from the one indicated on the ATO site using their withholding calculator?

Sorry, my mistake - overlooked some allowance that changed the outcome

Saffy22
3 Posts
Cover User

I logged in this morning, Account Right online version. It said update now, which I did. Then checked tax tables- still the old ones.  Then checked the version- still 2020.2.23 

When will my version update?

phil404
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Have just done the tax table update, thought this was suppose to happen automaticly with the New STP. When i opened AR 2020.3.1 today it said they was a update for the new tax tables. Our file is online, so i guess the information in the above table is incorrect. This was the strangest update as it just suddenly dissapeared so i wasn't sure it was finished or what was going on, there was a new AR icon on the desktop so i guess it did something.

Question - do we need to process backpays for pay periods already processed since the 13/10/2020?

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Is this the only change in this update? I can't access the "find out more" button to see what other issues/changes I might need to keep an eye on.

Clicking on the "find out more" button on the update now pop up in AR takes me to this webpage/error:

myoberror.jpg

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Well, I tried that twice and the image won't upload correctly.

The address the link goes to is: https://download.myob.com/arl/Whats_new_in_AccountRight_2020_3.pdf but what I see is:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
-Error-
-Code-AccessDenied-/Code-
-Message-Access Denied-/Message-
-RequestId-A13B4B7D3C11847D-/RequestId-
-HostId-tWi3U0QvJ2tjJIgoUGhz0NQ+MaQ0GcPxtoEI8kjw6cKGfuhxhTDi3UREoISnE9sfSUGNZAPQ/+g=-/HostId-
-/Error-

NOTE:  < > changed to - because I wasn't allowed to upload invalid HTML either...

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

Happy Monday. I can't even upload error reports. 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

@phil404 

No, the ATO said it will be sorted out at end of tax year time.  https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/tax-tables/

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @H-TS 

You can find detailed information on all the changes in 2020.3 in this blog post: AccountRight 2020.3 is now available

Please let us know if you need further help.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Thanks @Tracey_H 

I searched for that and couldn't find it either. Maybe because it's dated August and I was looking for a recent post? Are you able to explain why I am only getting an update now message on 2nd November?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @H-TS 

To find our Blog posts, from the forum home page click on Browse Community, then select AccountRight and The AccountRight Blog:

browse.PNG

You can also subscribe to the blog to make sure you get notifications when updates are available.

Notifications for the 2020.3 update were sent via email. The 2020.3.1 update notification was via an In Product Message.

1 Post
User

MYOB, you have replaced the 2020.3 version on the download page with 2020.3.1 while still calling it "2020.3" and the filename still being called "2020.3" - same as the real 2020.3.

This is super unprofessional because it leads to confusion on which file is really being downloaded.

I have a client telling me "Our Accountant needs us to upgrade to 2020.3.1" but when I took it's still labelled as 2020.3, so it sends me on a wild goose chase looking for 2020.3.1.

Your instructions are also wrong, at least for SE edition, because it does not mention the requirement to uninstall the old version. I'm sure this will lead to some confusion and anxiety for others by making them think that they are doing the wrong thing.

Can you please fix your download links to reflect the real version being downloaded.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

How do I find out which email address the notification was sent to? One of my company email addresses is listed as an "owner" in my.myob and I would remember seeing this email if I received it. Was it sent to all owners or was one chosen at random? There are three owners for our account.

I have now subscribed to the blog. Thank you. Just three months too late.

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have an online file and it still asked me to update it. That's not what your instructions say. They say the tax tables should be automatically updated without me having to do anything. Maybe THEY were but I STILL got asked today (2nd November 2020) to update the file!! MYOB, I'm getting disappointed with you.

Was this also an update to the software not including the tax tables? It probably needed it. I'm still finding reports are different (and not as good) as the old 19.14(?) versions. (For example, some reports say "October" instead of the date range e.g. 1/10/2020 to 31/10/2020. Sorry, can't find an example without going over lots of reports to find the one's I refer to.) Sorry. Got off the subject.

SimoneGugs
2 Posts
User

I download the new updated but still not working the message showing is 

This company file is for use with Account Right 2020.2 

To use the company file with Account Right 2020.3 it needs to be upgraded by an Account Right Live Administrator.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SimoneGugs 

The message you are receiving indicates that the email you using to sign in is not an online owner or online administrator of that file. You will need to get the AccountRight Live Owner or AccountRight Live Administrator to upgrade that company file for you.

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Hi @Tracey_H , any word on the when the "Update Now" button will be be available? Or dont Myob intend on bringing this feature in anymore?

Cheers

Darren

jge
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @AMBERHK  - we are in the same position.  When I upgraded the file to 2020.3 [without knowing this issue] it worked but our IT person is quite concerned that he is having to take a full backup each time we upgrade MYOB as you are correct that there is a potential known issue with server edition.  I think we are also on 2008 server [sorry I am not an IT expert] and so far it is working with the upgrade to 2020.3 [including STP and Jobkeeper reporting].  But it is an issue that we are monitoring in case we have to upgrade the server [or cease using MYOB]!  My IT person indicated that in his research MYOB itself were not helpful at all in their responses.  

This is not a solution for you but just more information - good luck.

GoGreenSolar
2 Posts
Cover User

Reluctant to uninstall current version to install the update. We have had so many issues in the past.

Is there any other way to update the latest tax tables.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GoGreenSolar 

If you are using the Server Edition you will need to install the previous version and do a full install of 2020.3.1 to update the tax tables. If you not using the Server Edition you can upgrade as per the table above, depending on your situation.

GoGreenSolar
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi @Tracey_H 

We are using the Server Edition.

Looks like I'll be doing manual calculations then 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GoGreenSolar 

If you are having issues with installing the Server Edition please do start a new post and we'll be happy to assist you with that.

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User

not sure what "patch installer' is..? is this the fix to the 'reverse pay' bug which produces a null reference exception...our staff are waiting for a fix to this bug...can you give us an update / ETA on the fix for this please

Capture.JPG

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @kjm 

The MYOB AccountRight Patch Installer 2020.3.1 would be the installer that is made available to clients on AccountRight 2020.3 to upgrade to AccountRight 2020.3.1.

If you have already installed the AccountRight 2020.3.1 version and are encountering an error message, we do recommend starting a post on the appropriate AccountRight board so the MYOB Community can investigate in more detail.

Anna_F
1 Post
User

Hi,

My experience with updating to 2020.3.1 may help others.  I already had version 2020.3.0 installed and the tax tables had already updated to 13/10/2020, the build was 2020.3.24.318 and I was getting the Update Now button at the top of the main screen.  My data is offline.

When I logged into my.MYOB it took me to the downloads page where the only option available was to download the full version 2020.3.1 of 125MB.  This would not install and got a "Fatal Error During Installation 0x80070643" which apparently indicated I needed a Windows update.  This was incorrect as my Windows is completely up to date (but I checked it again).

So I searched 2020.3.1 and found this comments thread and went to the page showing the three different downloads including the MYOB AccountRight Patch Installer 2020.3.1 of 13MB. 

I installed the Patch and all is now good.  Version is 2020.3.1 the Build is 2020.3.24.1678 and tax tables are still 13/10/2020.

Clearer instructions from MYOB about whether to download the full version or the patch would have been more helpful.

Robyron
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Thank you Anna_F. You saved me. I had given up trying to install the new version and was manually calculating tax withheld. Your instructions worked perfectly.

Lazzcorp
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

We work offline and have the Server Edition. I have not been game enough to upgrade after reading the hundred or so posts of issues. I am still working on 2020.3.0 and just manually add the new tax rates each pay. I believe that since I am on the Server Edition I would need to first uninstall 2020.3.0 and then download 2020.3.1.  Can anyone tell me if this is correct, and if so, do I then install the full 2020.3.1 or the Patch installer?

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Lazzcorp

Thanks for your post. You will need to uninstall your current version and download the 2020.3.1 Server Edition (full installer) via my.myob.com.au.

If you do have any issues with installing the Server Edition please do start a new post and we'll be happy to assist you. 

Lazzcorp
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks Melissa_D