AccountRight 2020.3 is now available

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

The release of AccountRight 2020.3 includes some great improvements making it more reliable, flexible and easier to use.

Payroll updates (Australia only) We’ve added a couple of nice touches to payroll, including a notes field for employee pay slips, as well as easier payroll reversals and more detailed prompts about Single Touch Payroll information sent to the ATO.

Multi-currency enhancements  We've made several changes to make it easier to work with multiple currencies. These include foreign currency general journals, selectable currency gain/loss accounts, better visibility of gains and losses, as well as adding foreign currency support to more reports.

Bug fixes and stability improvements There’s been a huge focus on bug fixes and improvements for this release. We’ve fixed the most common issues that caused AccountRight to crash, which will significantly improve the stability of AccountRight for many users. Further to that, we’ve addressed several other bugs.

Payroll (Australia only)

AccountRight 2020.3 has some great improvements helping you match your totals with the ATO, and add notes to your employees’ pay slips.

We’ve added the ability to easily reverse pay runs. This enables a better audit trail and ensures changes to pay runs are declared and sent to the ATO to resolve any issues of prefilling BAS amounts.

You can now add notes to your employee’s pay slips by updating the memo field for each employee during the pay run. This will show on the pay slip as long as your template includes the memo field.

2020.3 payroll.png

2020.3 payroll 2.png

Emailing from AccountRight
We’ve added new email variables to the body text of emails sent from AccountRight.
This makes it easier for your customers and suppliers to see transaction details the
emails you send them without having to open attachments.
In email defaults, you can paste these variables into the body of your email template.
The available variables are:

• {{your_business_name}}
• {{your_business_email}}
• {{your_trading_name}}
• {{your_business_phone}}
• {{your_business_website}}
• {{customer_full_name}}

{{customer_first_name}}

• {{customer_business_name}}
• {{invoice_number}}
• {invoice_total_amount}}
• {{invoice_amount_due}}
• {{invoice_date_of_issue}}
• {{invoice_due_date}}
• {{purchase_order}}
• {{foreign_currency_code}}

In email defaults, you can paste these variables into the body of your email template.
The available variables are:

2020.3 emailing.PNG

When your customer or supplier receives the email, they will see the values from the
transaction itself. See the images below for an example.

2020.3 emailing 2.PNG

Improved multiple currency support

For businesses using multi-currency, AccountRight 2020.3 features the following enhancements:

• General journals can now be entered in foreign currencies. Supported account types are bank and credit card accounts.
  • You can now choose your own linked account for currency gain and loss from Setup menu > Linked accounts.
  • Receive payments and pay bills transactions now display the currency gain/loss for the transaction on screen. Previously, this was only visible by recapping the transaction at the time of recording or reviewing the journal.

2020.3 MC.png

• The print/email invoices screen has been updated to show the currency and foreign currency value (if applicable) of the invoices in the list.

2020.3 MC print email invoice.png

• Standard prices of items are now used when entering item purchases in foreign currencies.

The following reports have been updated to support foreign currency transactions.
You can now select local or foreign currency, as well as filter by currency, on:

• Purchases Supplier Summary report
  • Purchases Supplier Detail report
  • Sales Customer Summary report
  • Sales Customer Detail report
  • Customer Payments [closed invoices] report

We also fixed these two bugs:

• contacts were not showing in lists if their default currency was set to anything other than AUD
  • a purchase was always in local currency when created from the Stock Alerts screen, regardless of the supplier’s default currency.

Reporting additions

We’ve removed restrictions in AccountRight 2020.3 to allow you to run the following reports across unlimited periods:

• General ledger (summary)
  • General ledger (detail)
  • GST (summary – cash/payments)
  • GST (summary – accrual/invoice)
  • GST (detail – cash/payments)
  • GST (detail – accrual/invoice)

Online Invoice Payments users (Australia only)

We’ve added new reports for Online Invoice Payments users (Australia only).

The transaction details report contains a summary of invoices and their settlement status, as well as details of the invoice payments that have already been deposited to assist reconciliation.

The cost of acceptance statement is generated monthly and provides a summary of the fees associated with using the online invoice payments service. The report will help you track and account for these costs.

2020.3 invoice payment.png

Item improvements

We’ve added a few improvements to make working with items easier.

When creating or editing an item, both the item name and number will display up to the maximum 30 characters. Previously only the first 12 characters were visible, making it difficult for those using longer item numbers.

When entering transactions and selecting an item from the list, the full item number will now be visible.

The item location field has also been added to the packing slip form template and will be shown when an item has a location.

Defect and crash fixes

We’ve done a lot of work to understand and address causes of crashes in AccountRight. This will substantially improve AccountRight’s stability in 2020.3.

We’ve also fixed several annoying bugs:

• For some customers the incorrect template was being used when emailing invoices or statements sent via AccountRight. We’ve now fixed this.  
  • Fixed an issue preventing some users from running taxable payment annual reports (TPAR) in larger files
  • Future-dated recurring transactions weren’t recording with the correct date unless AccountRight was open on the due date. This has been resolved.
  • When linking to an existing bill from In Tray, inactive suppliers were showing in the supplier list. This list now only shows active suppliers.
  • We’ve addressed the cause of the most common AccountRight crashes that could happen when:
    • Switching company files
    • Switching between modules on the Command Centre
    • A matching transaction could not be found in a bank reconciliation
    • Processing payroll
    • Running a Reimbursable Expense report against a specific job
    • Switching sale or statement types in the print/email window
    • Applying a credit note in the receive payments window
    • Using the In Tray
    • Customising forms
    • Using Microsoft Outlook to send invoices
    • Importing a bank statement in an invalid format
    • Selecting a date using a mouse wheel

API improvements and fixes

As part of our stability and performance work for AccountRight 2020.3, we didn’t forget the API.

• We’ve improved invoice endpoint performance by ~50% by moving all POST operations for invoice endpoints to our new stack.
  • Implemented a caching mechanism in the AccountRight Add-On Connector to stop multiple database calls for duplicate information, further improving response times on the invoice endpoints when using the Add-On Connector
  • Changed the read-only status check for company files to a single authentication rather than multiple service calls.
  • Fixed an exception thrown when the contact and memo field were both NULL on the Banking > Receive money transaction endpoint for POST and PUT operations.
  • The last modified date was not updating when changes were made to transactions via the API. This has now been fixed across all endpoints:
    • Sale/Invoice/{all_types}
    • Sale/Order/{all_types}
    • Sale/Quote/{all_types}
    • Inventory/Item
    • TimeBilling/Activity
    • TimeBilling/ActivitySlip
    • GeneralLedger/Account
    • GeneralLedger/Job
    • GeneralLedger/TaxCode

For more detailed information on API improvements for this release, head to the API Support Centre.

We will start communicating directly with our eligible customers in the coming days. Meanwhile, the latest version of AccountRight 2020.3 can be downloaded from my.MYOB >> My Products >> Downloads.

43 Comments
RussellFox
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

is the 2020.3 msi available? seems only 2020.2

alltimer
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

All these 'awesome' improvements for 2020.3 release and yet............... STILL NO "EMAIL RECEIPT" FUNCTION!! 

"Planned" in 2013 and we still wait.................

Is this EVER going to be included in development??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RussellFox 

Help Article: Getting the latest version now has the updated MSI installer for users.

GregNSmith
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User

Given that JobKeeper1 requires a minimum payment to all eligible employees of $1,500 per fortnight PLEASE show the Gross Pay for the employee when payroll is being prepared. Would also be usefull for other reasons.
Thanks

AdeleKaye
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When are we going to be able to enter the standard cost in the relevant foreign currency?  As most of our 5,000 products are purchased in GBP, the standard cost is a currently useless field.  I have to use countless spreadsheets to record purchase price changes and calculate our sell prices.  When I enter purchases I have to enter every price as the standard price that appears is never correct. 

Robyn-Silver
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Tried to download 2020.3, however, it would not download.

NLMECHANCIAL
1 Post
User

I tried downloading the update and it says ' unsecured download' is this correct

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @NLMECHANCIAL 

I’m assuming you are attempting to download the update through Google Chrome? Our team are looking into reports of the Chrome browser flagging the download as being unsecured and preventing it from being downloaded.

You can get around this by trying a different browser such as Firefox, or alternatively if you want to use Chrome right click on the download link and choose Copy Link Address. You’ll then need to open a new tab, right click on the url/address bar and choose “Paste and Go…” which should start the download for you

HLGROUP
Experienced User
30 Posts
Experienced User

When are you going to allow multi-currency purchase or sales orders be saved as a recurring transaction?

Sixers75
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

When will the issue of the backup be resolved? Currently tells me I have not backed up for 100 days, has this bug been fixed?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HLGROUP 

At this stage I’m unable to provide a specific timeframe as to when multicurrency recurring transactions will be available. That said I have shared your feedback with the team

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sixers75 

At this stage our team are working on finding a resolution to that issue as soon as possible. Unfortunately I’m not able to provide a timeframe as to when a resolution to that issue will be found and made available

JWCM
1 Post
User

Hi

I noticed that this update has some Item improvements, can you please consider the option of building an item?

Alot of our items are for labour and equipment used, we need the option of building an item using a minimum of two items to ensure the revenue is shown in the correct area of the P&L. Currently it can take multiply items to be keyed for a single transaction.

Please give the option to build an item in AccountRight Plus, thank you.

ROGMichelle
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Regarding the payslip message, have you just extended the existing journal memo field so it accepts more characters? I don't want my journal memos coming through as (for example) "Please note this pay includes 2 sick days". And if it is not the journal memo, where is that field now?

Also, why can we not see update availability within the program itself like we normally would???

ASWF
2 Posts
Cover User

Attachments for RECEIVE MONEY would be a welcome addition

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Is there any reason why the update isn't appearing within the program?

(I do realise you can manually download the update)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Albare 

With this particular release, we have approached the release slightly differently rather than in-product messaging we have used gone from an email communication along with other channels approach.

The methods of updates are still the same however i.e. download from my.MYOB or through our Getting the latest version help article (minus the in-product message upgrade prompt).

Annmargaret
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Attachments for Invoices (Sales) would be a nice option as sometimes I have documents to support the invoice

MSmeegs
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I would love the option to export the transaction in the bankfeeds to excel

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @MSmeegs

Are you aware that you can do this by going to the Bank Feeds screen and clicking the right mouse button, then select the Copy List to Clipboard option from the pop up menu.  Open Excel and you can paste the transactions.

If you are wanting transactions that have already been processed, select the Approved option from the Display Transactions list.

Hope this helps,

AlanT

SDuddy
Experienced User
118 Posts
Experienced User

Didn't get an email, didn't get a notification that this release was available.  Now one of the staff has downloaded the newest version and can't work, so everyone else has to update at an inconvenient time.  Can we please go back to in product notification?

kat216
4 Posts
User

Following on from this Post

"When are you going to allow multi-currency purchase or sales orders be saved as a recurring transaction"

We two have multiple suppliers that charge in a foreign currency and had in the previous V19 version been able to set up recurring purchases. it is frustraing to have to reenter all the details ever month for the ones that are a recurring purchase. Please advise when thsi will once again become part of the program.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @kat216 

While our team are continuing to make improvements to functions like multicurrency, unfortunately I’m not able to provide a timeframe for when a particular aspect of that function will be available.

JadeX01
7 Posts
User

Hi @Suja_P ,

It seems that we didn't receive any notificatio from MYOB about this update. Could you please advise that how can we receive an update notification email/message each time when MYOB release an update?

Thanks

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Suja_P  @Steven_M 

I have found that many of my clients were not aware that there was an upgrade to v2020.3 because the In-Product advice was not provided. Less than 20% of my clients have done the upgrade. While an email may have been sent this would I believe go to the 'Owner' of the account and this is often not the user on the coal face. If they are not told by the 'Owner' then no upgrade is done. The banner advice to update is seen by the actual user and often there are a number of them on MYOB and so it leads to a discussion about updating.

In addition the email says that the upgrade is available through the my.myob login. Many of my clients do not know what this means or find it too complicated to follow. The in-product upgrade was a simple process for most users on the PC Edition, however it would be improved if the process also removed the desktop and / or taskbar icon for the previous version to avoid users selecting the old one.

I realise that the SE Version is a bit different in the install process, however surely the process could include the uninstall the previous version.

I suggest that the In-Product advice be restored for the next version, particularly as it will, Ii expect include tax changes from the 2020 Budget.

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, we have followed a different process in terms of release management. Instead of in-product messaging as we have done in the past, we have moved across to direct email communication for this update.

For those clients that are still requiring an installer for this version, they are welcome to navigate to their my.MYOB account Australia | New Zealand. Alternatively, Help Article: Getting the latest version and our Software Downloads page have the latest installers. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Steven_M @Suja_P @JadeX01 @Neil_M 

Steven, it appears that you have completely ignored tne comments that I made. that the "different process" is far from satisfactory. Yes I know that the version can be downloaded from the my.myob site and that it can be got from the Software Downloads site, BUT many users of MYOB who actually do the work often are not the one getting the email about an update. I also doubt that the email address that is used for the notifications is, in many cases, obsolete or the sddressee has moved on from that business. i know this from experience with many of my clients.

MYOB needs to understand how business actually works rather than the utopian view of the world as seen by software developers.

It is the actual USER at the keyboard who needs to know that there is an update available and then they can persue the matter with their superiors to ger it done.

If there were problems with the update in-product process then this needs to be solved, not ignored.

Perhaps a message can be presented to the user at the login stage as is already done for other announcements.

I see that this issue is also a concern on other posts. https://community.myob.com/t5/COVID-Australia/Budget-Tax-Changes/m-p/679505#M6100

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @David_Cree 

Thank you for your additional feedback on this topic

In addition to in-product updates, clients are welcome to subscribe to this AccountRight Blog to receive Forum notifications relating to when updates are available.  Users can subscribe to the AccountRight Blog by selecting the Subscribe option on The AccountRight BlogSubscriptions to the AccountRight Blog, as with all Forum posts, can be done by any user, not necessarily the primary contact of an account. They will just need to log into the Community Forum.

Once again thank you for your feedback, it has been shared with our team.

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have to ask why does the MYOB dev. team think relying on direct email to the registered email address vs in program messaging of an update is the better way to proceed?

I use CorelDraw, MS Office 365, Windows 10, and all software notifies you about an update.

Emails can fail, be blocked and as David has clearly indicated, often the day to day users of the program usually are not the ones to receive emails from MYOB.

In my case the email used dates back to when I bought MYOB Premier in 2000 and isn't even a work email account !

Scotty_2-0
3 Posts
User

Didn't the last update also update the data file?
So you'd think the updates need to be coordinated so that everyone can update at the same time to save issues.

There's no perfect solution, for every solution that works for you, there's a bunch of other businesses that it wouldn’t be ideal for.
MYOB can only deal with the information they have, if that’s not been kept up to date, they can’t do much about that.
I think the email is a much better option so the update can be coordinated at the appropriate time. My users don’t have privileges to install software but I can only imagine if a user decided to update, thinking they were doing the right thing, without letting anyone else know, the rest of the business wouldn’t be able to access the data.

ROGMichelle
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

David_Cree said it all really. MYOB, this solution may be ok for micro businesses where one person runs the show but it is not good enough for any of your other customers.

We have multiple users, none of whom received an email notification. In the past downloading updates from my.MYOB has been a confusing and often messy process and one that had to be repeated by each user, some that aren't computer savvy. Not to mention that the my.MYOB login process hasn't been the most reliable in the past (and in fact isn't working for me right now and I don't have time to sort out). All of the update drama was easily avoided with in-product messaging.

Also, subscribing to a blog post adds more junk to email inboxes, especially when you end up receiving an email every single time there is a post, a lot of which aren't relevant to your situation. All it does is add to work stress.

MYOB you are just coming off as being lazy in passing the buck to your clients. You're supposed to be making things easier for us, not harder. Please would you start listening to the people, give us the software updates people have been asking for for years, and give us back in-product messaging!!

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Steven_M

Also @Suja_P @JadeX01 @Neil_M 

How many users will subscribe to a blog to get notification oF updates? Probably only those who have nothing better to do with their lives. 

I said in my earlier post that only about 20% of my clients have uggraded to v2020.3 even though it was released on 27 August, six weeks ago. Why? Because they did not know that there was one available as there was no in-product advice.

Am I expected to have to contact everyone of my clients to tell them an upgrade is available? NO!

With previous releases I think that 90% of my clients would have upgraded within a month.

This "different process" is definitely not working. It is a fail on the part of MYOB. There needs to be an advice the the actual user that there is one available, and how it can be obtained and installed.

Cheers

David

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Yes, have the in product messages, but we need to be able to dismiss the messages for a period of time if we are not ready to upgrade as these messages push the bottom row of buttoms off the screen of many laptop PCs.

Thanks.

Vanessa_123
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Most of my clients are saying that they have not been prompted to ugrade to 2020.3 - is it possible for this prompt to happen as normal from within their file if they have not already upgraded?

Thankyou

JadeX01
7 Posts
User

Hi,

As a MYOB user, i agree with @David_Cree  emailing to MYOB owner is not working, i would request the in-product message back.

Thanks,

Shane_H
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

I would like to add to the chorus of comments that you please revert to upgrade alerts in the software, not by email.

SUWA
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

I was just notified within AccountRight of the new version.  After reading this thread, I checked back and found an email that I had overlooked at the time.  At least the in-product notifications happen in the place you are always working, so thanks for putting that function back.

The message that came up said 2020.3 had to be installed to get the latest tax tables from the ATO.  Is that right?  My understanding from the previous release is that the latest tax tables were now automatically used

Thanks

Ray

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

"For some customers the incorrect template was being used when emailing invoices or statements sent via AccountRight. We’ve now fixed this.  "

How would we even know if the wrong template was used when we can't see the invoice or statement was sent, only that it was sent? This is very concerning. Glad it was fixed but a bit annoyed I didn't even know about this to see if we were affected!

Also, I'm very keen for an update that lets us opt out of the "link to myob" sales portal. Great for the recipient, not great for the sender if our template doesn't actually show all the detailed breakdown that we enter into MYOB. I consider this a serious breach of our privacy and it hasn't been addressed in the months since I raised it. I only discovered by accident that this information is being sent to our clients if they've opted in. 

I didn't receive any notification of the update either. At the very least it should go to all admin users not just the owner. Did the email also say "there will be no prompt in the myob software so you need to forward this email to the people in your company who actually use it"? 

While I'm on my little rant - as someone else has already commented - STILL NO EMAILING OF RECEIPTS???? Some of us still have clients who pay by cheque and cash and request receipts. That's time-consuming in itself, having to go to the bank, let alone the extra time wasted creating an emailable receipt that looks professional. 

Have a great Monday! 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

For this one though, 

• When linking to an existing bill from In Tray, inactive suppliers were showing in the supplier list. This list now only shows active suppliers.

Thank you!

Mask
1 Post
User

It's a most irritating software I have everseen, even though I tick trust this device for 30 days, it is every time asking for autantication. Before this update it was asking once or twice in a week which was also not good, but after updating it yesterday it is asking everytime, I can't understand why did you put option to to trust this device, if your software is not following it. today I did this process five to six times, just ridiculous.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Mask 

When you have finished using MYOB, do you just close AccountRight or do you log out?

If you log out , it clears the Trust for 30 days option and you will need to enter your 2FA code next time you log in.

If you simply close the application, 2FA is being kept for me.

Hope that helps.

AlanT

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

For the record, I don't think "We’ve added a couple of nice touches to payroll, ... as well as easier payroll reversals" is enough of a heads up that we can no longer delete pays if they have already been reported in STP. 

Almost found out the hard way this morning how easy it makes it to double pay someone if you reverse the pay before creating the bank file! Much less chance of that happening when you can simply delete the pay.

I hope these "nice touches" also mean I won't need to process a gazillion void pays for inactive employees come end of financial year. 

Is there any way to find out which of the three "owner" email addresses linked to our account were used for notification of this update back in August? One of my email addresses is an "owner" and I am certain I did not receive it.

Tash2019
Experienced Cover User
88 Posts
Experienced Cover User

"Payroll updates (Australia only) We’ve added a couple of nice touches to payroll, including a notes field for employee pay slips, as well as easier payroll reversals and more detailed prompts about Single Touch Payroll information sent to the ATO." - does not clearly specify that records can no longer be deleted and by the way the reversal DOES NOT WORK either. Still waiting for that to be resolved.

Like most others, we did not receive any emails regarding the update. The in-software banner reminder is the most suitable method of communicating an update to your CUSTOMERS.

Why automatically include the memo field on payslips? Add it as a new option yes, but you have now added it automatically and we have sent 225 payslips without knowing the memo was being included. 

Just another MYOB update with no consideration of the consequences to your CUSTOMERS.