AccountRight 2020.4 is now available

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

Note: As with all our releases, this release will be progressively rolled out over the next week.

AccountRight 2020.4 promises to be one of our biggest releases yet, giving you access to an entirely new way to work with AccountRight, along with further enhancements to reporting, multi-currency and more.  

Access AccountRight via a web browser You can now access your online AccountRight files through a web browser interface, giving you the best of AccountRight anywhere on any internet-connected device.  

Pass online invoicing card transaction fees to customers When your customers pay you with debit or credit cards using online invoice payments, you can pass along the 1.8% card transaction fee to them. And, we've made reconciliation of online invoicing payments easier.

Multi-currency enhancements We've made more improvements for users working in multiple currencies. You can now create general journals for more account types and we now support foreign currency remittance advices.  

Reporting improvements We've removed date range restrictions, allowing you to run key reports across an unlimited period.

Bug fixes and stability improvements We’ve continued the stability and performance focus from AccountRight 2020.3 into this release, with further crash and bug fixes making this release even more reliable and easy to use. 

Access your AccountRight file via your web browser

You can now access your online AccountRight file via your web browser. This allows you to perform your most common tasks from any online device, including mobile and tablet devices.

Send an invoice on site, code your bank transactions on the train, check your business performance in the coffee queue – browser access for AccountRight brings new levels of flexibility to the power of the AccountRight platform.

Find out more about working with AccountRight in your browser

NOTE: Only online files with a current subscription can be accessed from your web browser. This feature will be available from 2 December 2020.

ar 2020.4 Open in web browser button.png

Online invoice payments (Australia only)

2020.4 is a big release for online invoice payments users, with the top two feature requests making their way to AccountRight.  

Pass on card transaction fees (surcharging)

In AccountRight 2020.4, you can pass along the 1.8% card transaction fee to your customers. The surcharge will be added to the invoice total and settled to your account after payment. Surcharging is only applicable to invoices paid with credit or debit cards (AMEX, Mastercard and Visa). BPAY fees cannot be passed on.

Easier payments reconciliation

When funds from online invoice payments are settled into your account, AccountRight can automatically create a bank deposit transaction and clear the corresponding transactions from undeposited funds. This will save considerable time previously spent allocating the settlement amount to the individual payments.

AR 2020.4 Online invoicing surcharges.png

Multi-currency improvements

This release improves the functionality of foreign currency general journals, introduced in AccountRight 2020.3:

• You can now post general journals in foreign currencies to other asset and other liability account types (this was previously limited to bank and credit card accounts)
  • Foreign currency remittance advice is now supported for pay bills and spend money transactions.

Reporting improvements

AccountRight 2020.4 builds on the previous release by removing date range restrictions on more key reports, allowing you to run reports across unlimited periods that would have previously required you to restore a backup of that financial year.

• You can now run the profit and loss statement and balance sheet reports across unlimited periods.
  • The date restrictions on the ‘send to accountant’ (.MYE export) functionality have also been removed.
  • Exporting the profit and loss and balance sheet reports to Microsoft Excel has been improved, providing better formatting within the workbook.

2020.4 Unlimited periods in reports.png

Defect and crash fixes

We improved stability in AccountRight 2020.3 by over 60% and we’re continuing this focus with further crash and bug fixes, making 2020.4 the most reliable release yet.  

• When importing activity slips with decimals in the unit column, the payroll category wasn’t importing correctly. This has been resolved.
  • Fixed display issues with longer item numbers
  • We’ve also fixed the most common crashes that happened when
    • Processing payroll
    • Adding/removing attachments to transactions
    • Resizing or closing multiple windows.

API Improvements and fixes 

New BalanceSheetSummary endpoint

API users currently call the {cf_uri}/GeneralLedger/AccountRegister endpoint to retrieve the data they require from ARL to calculate an Account Balance which carries a number of limitations, particularly around dates. These limitations required manual calculation work which is cumbersome and can be inaccurate.

The new BalanceSheetSummary endpoint allows users of the API to quickly and easily retrieve account balances for balance sheet accounts as at a date for postable accounts. This endpoint will return accrual balances.

API bugfixes

• The incorrect order type was being returned from Sales and Purchases when performing a GET on the Sales Order and Purchase Order endpoints.
  • The default Price Level field in the Company Preferences endpoint was returning an incorrect value.
  • The Item Price Matrix endpoint was returning a 404 not found when retrieving items that were created using the API.
47 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Will we only be able to pass on the surcharge if we use MYOB online payments? Can we override the percentage if we were to use a different card payment provider? 

Can we email receipts yet?

Can we opt out of the invoice portal link for our customers yet? 

SDuddy
Experienced User
118 Posts
Experienced User

Trying to understand how this browser functionality actually works. If you have to open the accountright file and then click on a button to open a browser then how does that work with a tablet or smartphone?

The release notes say that sales and purchase orders are unavailable in the browser at this stage.  What does this mean, you can send an invoice but you can't create one?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @H-TS 

As mentioned within the blog article, this particular update does include the ability to pass on card transaction fees for online invoices. 

With respect to the other points you have raised, we do recommend subscribing to the relevant AccountRight Idea Exchange idea to receive alerts on any updates to the status on those.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SDuddy 

The AccountRight browser experience will also be available for tablets, phones and other devices. Information on that accessing your company data from those devices will be available from 2 December.

JadeX01
7 Posts
User

Hi @Suja_P  and @Steven_M ,

When you say you've fixed the most common crashes that happened when processing payroll, does this mean with AccountRight 2020.4 we are able to reverse pay? 

We are using AccountRight 2020.3 now, whenever we try to reverse the pay, MYOB crashes.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JadeX01 

Payroll transactions that have been processed and reported to the ATO through the Payroll Reporting Centre would not be able to be deleted, only reversed in AccountRight 2020.4. However, we have addressed certain cases of the "Code: System.ArgumentNullException Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: format" error log occurring when that pay reversal does occur.

kii
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

Hi @Steven_M 

Happy to see the new update! We understand that deleting the pay is not possible from now on. However, even reversing the pay isnt working. With the null error, we had then been advised to do a 0 pay to nullify the wrong pay until the reverse process is fixed. Is the new update an answer to this issue or we still have to continue with the 0 Pay slip?

It would be great if you could bring the reverse as soon as possible. Thanks

Mad_Muncher
5 Posts
User

I am unable to update Accountright Plus 2020.3.1 to 2020.4.

I get the yellow highlight at the top of the screen but, when I select "Update now", it just takes me back to the Welcome Screen.

Please advise how to update.

Thanks. 

Geoff-AHI
Trusted Cover User
36 Posts
Trusted Cover User

When I click on the Upgrade Now button, it just goes to the Welcome window - Recently opened files.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Clients are welcome to navigate to their my.MYOB accounts ( AU | NZ ) to download the AccountRight 2020.4 installer. This is an alternative method to the in-product Upgrade Now option.

Note: AccountRight 2020.4 will create a new version of the product on your computer. As such, once installed do select to open that new AccountRight 2020.4 icon on the Desktop to launch the new version and upgrade your file (open it with the new version it will prompt for upgrade).

EDITED: AccountRight 2020.4 update has been suspended with the AccountRight 2020.4 update being removed from my.MYOB accounts temporarily.

Mad_Muncher
5 Posts
User

Thanks Steven_M ... AccountRight 2020.4 upgrade now installed via my.MYOB account.

PaulBihet
Ultimate Partner
753 Posts
Ultimate Partner

With the removal of the date limitations from the reporting section 

Eg reports are no longer limited to this year , last year & next year

I would like to suggest a name change for when you customise a profit and loss report to include the previous year as a comparison 

Currently it displays the date range you select

eg July 1 2016 to June 30 2017 and when you the add the option to include comparison year FY 2015 - 2016 you must click on button for include last year 

The report calls the comparison year "last year" when it would be clearer if it would state "prior year" and have the click on button the same

ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User

@Suja_P  how do I access the update?  Once again no email or upgrade button when logging in.

thanks

Annette

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ASparks 

AccountRight 2020.4.2 will be available to all users with in-product messaging being rolled out later this week.

If you wish to upgrade before that in-product messaging, you are welcome to navigate to your my.MYOB accounts ( AU | NZ ) to download the AccountRight 2020.4.2 installer. This is an alternative method to the in-product Upgrade Now option.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ASparks 

As with all our releases, this release will be progressively rolled out over the next week. You should also be able to download the latest version via your my.myob account.

Hopeful
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have installed 2020.4 and been using for a couple of days, then an update has come up on my file (2020.4.3) which I downloaded and now keep getting the error message 0x80070643.  I have updated Windows 10 and also downloaded the the update again, from the my.myob site and re-installed it but still get the same error message.  Any suggestions?

RadIT
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Error 0x80070643 can be worked around by right-clicking the installation file, then left clicking Run As Administrator.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Installation+troubleshooting#expand-0x80070643Fatalerrorduring...

Mad_Muncher
5 Posts
User

Hopeful said "update has come up on my file (2020.4.3)" ... 

... This has not come up on my 2020.4 installation. ... probably glad it hasn't because I dont want to download any further problems.

It is interesting that only limited users have been advised of the 2020.4.3 update. Maybe there is a rollout schedule. ... Glad I am not first on the list.

Hopeful
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you RadIT that seems to have fixed the issue Smiley Happy

FAB
Experienced Cover User
137 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Brilliant, another update - every time you guys do an update, it stuffs something up with the OneSaas integration that synchs our sales records from Neto to MYOB - every. single. time.  Then OneSaas have to spend months liasing with YOUR IT people to put a fix in place to rectify the issue.  And by then, you've rolled out another update.

They have only just fixed the bugs that happened with the last update, now another one.  What's going to get stuffed up this time.

lizm01
1 Post
User

RE: "Access AccountRight via a web browser You can now access your online AccountRight files through a web browser interface, giving you the best of AccountRight anywhere on any internet-connected device.  "

Does this mean MAC users can now install Account right on thier device without having to go through Bootcamp?

chris007
5 Posts
Cover User

Love MYOB's idea of big enhacements, this is basic. Something big would be adding batch tracking or something useful.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lizm01 

While AccountRight 2020.4 files can be accessed via a web-browser, the desktop software does still remain a Windows desktop application and we do recommend ensuring you have access to that application within that environment. However, as business information can now be opened within a web-browser you can access your AccountRight file from a browser, smartphone or tablet. The link for that would be app.myob.com AccountRight Live/my.MYOB account information is still required to access that business information.

For more information on using the AccountRight file in a browser please see Help Article: Access an AccountRight company file in a web browser

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

LiveChat support just told me that the surcharge pass-on feature is only available when using the browser, is that correct? Seems a bit odd, especially since I haven't read that in any of the update information or wiki pages.

Tash2019
Experienced Cover User
88 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this update fixed the payroll reversal "vlaue cannot be null" error?

Tash

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @H-TS 

Online payment charges can be passed onto the customer for all invoices sent when you have Online Payments set up within an online AccountRight (2020.4) file. This is desktop and browser based. More information on online payment surcharging can be found here.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Tash2019 

Yes, this update does address certain cases of the "Code: System.ArgumentNullException Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: format" error log occurring when reversing payroll transactions.

sjbbrl
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When will there be a fix so we can run purchase register reports when invoices are keyed in with a miscellaneous layout?  It is ridiculous that there is this option and you can not use.  And no the other layouts can not be used.  And I can not run reports for the older quotes I have to clean them up.

BAKERJ
1 Post
User

How much does it cost to upgrade to V 2020.4.  Do I have to upgrade?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BAKERJ 

AccountRight upgrades are included as part of an AccountRight subscription. I can see from the account you are linked to that you do have an active AccountRight subscription as such there is no additional cost for this upgrade.

We do recommend that users do upgrade to ensure that that they are getting the most benefit of their AccountRight product/subscription and also to take advantage of the benefits of that upgrade.

Chelbelz
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User

I always get booted everytime I create a credit via reoccuring transactions.  It is very frustrating as I never know if it was recorded or not - this is very time consuming.  Do you know when this bug will be fixed?

Thank you

Michelle 

ABCAAccounts
1 Post
User

Am loving the idea of the Web Browser however it is seriously lacking in features. I need to use the desktop alongside the web browser to be able to do anything properly. Hopefully future updates will improve it so it can be used on its own and not in conjuction with the desktop app. Also hope to see receipt emailing a feature?

Ligs
1 Post
User

Looks great, but when in SALES / ITEMS, you can not see your stock levels.

MJG6
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is there any way to change the online invoice template where it has bpay options etc to show that a 1.8% surhcarge where it has the credit card options, I have added it to the 1st page invoice template, but would be better recevied with the Visa logo's etc

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ABCAAccounts 

Thanks for the feedback in relation to accessing AccountRight via a web browser.

Currently, the web browser will allow users to record banking, invoices, bills and other common transactions while also having other features enabled such as reconciling accounts, accounts list.... The features and functions of AccountRight in web browser will be added and expanded upon as we continue to invest development resources into that space.

Senadhi
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User
When allocating payments on the web browser, the transactions do not pick up the rules that have been set. Is there any way to get this sorted? Thank you.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MJG6 

As surcharging is optional by the business i.e. customer can pay or the business pays and the customer can pay through other means there is no direct way to show the total charges including the surcharge on the online portal copy of the invoice. However, you could look at adding a text box to the invoice to say "Credit Card payments will incur a 1.8% surcharging fee" or similar to alert your customers of a surcharge for that payment method.

Angel-CH
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I do not want my MYOB files in the 'cloud'.

I do not need to use MYOB from anything but my PC

Can someone assure me that my existing desktop software will continue as before and that the additonal, unwanted features can be by passed and that my files will continue to reside on my desktop alone.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Angel-CH 

AccountRight 2020.4 still offers the ablility for users to store their company files locally if required. However, do note that if the file is stored locally certain functions will be unavailable such as In Tray, browser access, online BAS/GST lodgement, invoice reminders... Other "Live" features such as payroll reporting, bank feeds and pay superannuation are available in offline files although an active AccountRight subscription (per company file) and internet connection are required to use those functions.

Connockity
Trusted User
165 Posts
Trusted User

I was so exited when I read "Now you can access AccountRight anywhere and from any internet-connected device" - at last I can use this from my Mac product and from my laptop that is a Google Chrome operating system.

But ...................I think that I am incorrect on that because I have to download the software first and my Google Chrome operating system wouldn't download it as it wasn't a 'Windows Operating system' - so I would suppose that would count out Mac products as well?

Please advise me if I am incorrect?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Connockity 

You certainly can open AccountRight via web browser on a MAC, even a mobile or tablet device. Users would just need to navigate to app.myob.com and log in with your MYOB details on those devices. If you are using the Windows Desktop application there is just a handy button to access the Browser interface.

Note: While the file can be opened on a MAC through the browser, you will still need access to the AccountRight (Windows Desktop) application to upgrade the files as new AccountRight versions come out. So don't recycle those Windows PCs just yet.

For more information on access and other aspects see Access an AccountRight company file in a web browser.

Connockity
Trusted User
165 Posts
Trusted User

Hi,

I have just tried to attach an invoice for an item not received yet - hence it is still in purchase order status. I thought I might be able to do it via the web version but I can't even find purchase orders in the web version? Can someone please point me in the right direction or is inventory not available on the web version?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Connockity 

Help Article: Access an AccountRight company file in a web browser outlines what features are still yet to come in the browser experience.

Documents are only able to attach to Bills or Banking transactions in the browser experience, similar to the desktop application.

Connockity
Trusted User
165 Posts
Trusted User

So is there inventory in the web browser, your link didn't tell me that. Can you please just give me a straight yes or no?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Connockity 

Inventory management is not currently a feature of the browser. However, you can buy and sell items only.

LewisC
5 Posts
User

Thanks for the update. Easy install and working. BUT please I have requested this many times before, and on the appropriate request blog -

Can you include the option to SELECT which account your receive invoice payments FROM THE INVOICE PAGE. The MAC version allows you to do this. I undertand they are different, however you surely must be able to add this. It is SUCH a PITA to have to create an invoice, then go to the receipt of payment screen, select which account you want the payment to go to, then take the payemnt, then have to go back to the sales invoice page so you can either email or print the invoice with the payment applied. WHY ? 

I understand you can select which bank account for customer receipts under the linked accounts TAB, however this is only useful if you have one account at a time that you want your receipts to go to. When you have multiple bank accounts including taking payments via Credit Card or Paypal, you need to be able to select which account at the time of the INVOICE and not have to jump between pages. I seriosuly do not undertand how you could miss this ? Obviuously it has been an issue as the MAC version of MYOB allows it so you can see the reasons why you implemented it in the first place.

Please listen as this wastes SO MUCH TIME and it will make an otherwise great APP fall short and continue to give massive frustration and headache to customers who are using MYOB as their accounting AND POS system.

Connockity
Trusted User
165 Posts
Trusted User

Just a note to all those who think that they can use the web browser for sales.

If you use autobuilds to build items, you have to have them built BEFORE you use the web browser - as the web browser has no inventory facilities at all.