Accounting on the go - free with your subscription

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

229Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We’ve taken some of the best features of AccountRight and made them mobile. AccountRight and your smartphone now give you the ability to manage your accounts and cashflow on the go.

The new MYOB OnTheGo app is available to download from the Apple App Store (AU) (NZ) and Google Play (AU) (NZ).

What can you do with the app?

Well, when you pull up for a job, first check the OntheGo app to see if the client owes you any money. No? Great, get out there and do your best work.

When you finish up, you can simply invoice your client on the spot. No need to jot down what you’ve just done and wait until next time you’ve got your computer open to create an invoice. You can even email it straight to your client from your phone. So handy for saving you from all that “Oh, I never got that invoice from you” hassle.

See how easy it is to invoice on your phone.

Received a call about some new work? Create a new contact in AccountRight, and when it comes time to visit, the app will sync with your phone’s map software and give you directions.

Best of all, any changes you make are updated in real time, so the moment you change anything, it’s in your online file, so anyone else you work with has access to the information you enter via the OnTheGo app.

Visit the MYOB website (Australia) (New Zealand) for more information, or download the app and see if it changes the way you do business.

13 Comments
carolineh
Trusted Cover User
157 Posts
Trusted Cover User

That's fantastic!

I'm downloading the OntheGo App now.

Actually the Pay Direct App is really good anyway except for not being able to use item invoices on an Andriod - but that's all up and running too.

Thanks very much for letting me know!

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Merrin 

Is this just a new name for MYOB's Pay Direct.  The screen shots look exactly the same.

And is it AR only?  Or also for Essentials?

Alan

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CarolineH and @AlanT 

Thanks for commenting on the blog.

Those of us lucky enough to have had access to the Australian PayDirect app will notice a lot of similarities between the apps, yes.

PayDirect is targeted at new customers in Australia, while the MYOB OnTheGo app is aimed at both AU and NZ subscribers (although Pay Direct can be added as a service in Australia).  

At the moment, OnTheGo only integrates with AccountRight, but stay tuned.

Hope this helps,

M

samdacombe
3 Posts
Cover User

It is very convenient having access to Account Right info while on the go however the invoicing option seems a little weak.

I dont seem to be able to use any of my templates for the completed invoice, I also cannot choose anything but a Service invoice when we primarily use Item invoices

Sam

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @samdacombe,

Thanks for dropping me a line on the blog.

To get the most out of invoicing in OnTheGo, you need to set the default template you want in your customer contact card in your AccountRight company file. To do this, go to the Selling details tab of your customer card. Select the invoice template you want to use in the Printed Form section. 

setting_default.png

The App uses the default you set in the customer card, so if you primarily use item invoices, select your default item invoice here.

Hope that helps,

Merrin

Stephen_Blackt
Experienced Partner
66 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi,

Does it work with Timebilling & Timebilling invoices?

Regards

Stephen Blacktop

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Stephen (@Stephen_Blackt)

Thanks for dropping us a line on the blog.

At the moment, the OnTheGo app supports Service and Item invoices, but not Timebilling.

Cheers,

Merrin

Stephen_Blackt
Experienced Partner
66 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi Merrin,

At the conference, I thought they said it was a full feature / version of AR.

Stephen

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Stephen, (@Stephen_Blackt)

At the moment, the app takes the most commonly used invoice types and lets you create them from your mobile. Time-billing invoices created in your AccountRight file will appear in the app as unpaid invoices, so you can mark them as paid or chase them up. You just can't create them yet.

There are plans to continue adding functionality, so if you'd like to suggest time-billing invoices on the Ideas Exchange, others can add their votes and voices to this feature. It's a great way to help us prioritise what we work on next.

Thanks,

M

Bernie
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi guys,

I have downloaded the new app for my android and think it's a great start.

Can I suggest the we be able to see and add Header Lines and potentially Job numbers when we view our invoices?

Cheers,

Bernie.

A & B Support.

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bernie,

Glad to hear you've downloaded the app and are enjoying it.

Love the ideas, so please do add them to the Ideas Exchange, so others can add their voice to them.

Thanks for dropping us a line.

Merrin 

ClaudiaR
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

hi guys

The app on the go is a wonderful idea!

It will be great for us; I just tried it and the invoicing works fine but I was unable to add a freight charge to an invoice. Is there a particular way to do this? Please help

Kind regards

Claudia

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ClaudiaR,

Glad to hear the app will be useful for you.

There's no separate field for freight in the OnTheGo app. So, if you're looking to charge freight, there's a couple of work arounds that might help. Although, I will confess, neither is the most elegant solution. 

I'm assuming you're already using the frieght field in AccountRight at the moment, and have it all set up, in which case:

1. You can create the invoice in the App, then add the freight charge to the Freight field from within AccountRight before emailing it to a client. It does mean opening AccountRight to add the freight charge though.

2. You can add the freight charge as line on the invoice. Note that if you add it to the invoice, it will appear as a line in the invoice, rather than in the dedicated freight section.

If you want to track the freigh cost, you'll need to select the account that you use to track freight for that line.

(If you're not sure which account you use to track freight, go to Setup > Linked Accounts > Sales Accounts. The freight account is listed under I charge freight on sales.
    freight.png

If you use Service invoices, you can select simply select your freight account when you create the freight charge on the invoice. 

If you use Item invoices, you'll need to set up a freight item with the freight account already linked, like below.
    freight_item.png

Hope this helps.

Please drop me a line if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Merrin