All I want for Christmas...

MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

230Posts

103Kudos

0Solutions

…is the perfect accounting software for my business! Well, all we want is to grant you your wish!

In a warm and fuzzy recap of the year, I'd like to bring you a selection of my favourite features delivered to you, with love from the LiveAccounts team.

Way back in January we kicked it all off with customisable invoice templates. (Remember that?) Plus we added in the ability to edit customer and supplier payments, so you no longer had to delete them and re-enter when you needed to make changes.

The next couple of releases brought you interactive reports, starring the General Ledger details report, the GST detailed report, the Profit & Loss and later, everyone's favourite, the Balance Sheet.

End of financial year in NZ approached and the IRD announced some changes to PAYE and KiwiSaver, so we ensured you stayed compliant.

By the time May rolled around, we had a new look. We removed the need for sunglasses as we said sayonara to the green and purple and welcomed in a cleaner, fresher look.

The end of financial year in Australia brought with it a new Payment Summary Assistant, which rocketed into top spot in your hearts with the ability to create files for electronic lodgement. (Although in fairness, anything that makes end of financial year easier is always going to be a winner).

Not content with that, we introduced electronic lodgement for the Taxable Payments Annual report for you Aussies in the building industry. If you're going to have to report to the ATO, we might as well make it easy for you.

It seems somehow appropriate that we kicked off the new financial years by making it easier for you to stay on top of your subscription – updating your own card details instead of having to call support. While we're talking about making your life easier, we simplified inviting your Accountant to help out on your business.

You wanted cash-based reports to include Journal entries, and you got it! What a way to warm your hearts during those long winter months.

Spring brought with it warmer weather, and LiveAccounts blossomed. The heady September release introduced us to Quotes, and a whole new love affair began.

Apparently not content with delivering the most requested feature of the year, we revamped the getting started process, so it was easier to get going with LiveAccounts. And as the icing on the cake, we streamlined the Business Settings page, giving the GST settings a page of their own, meaning you no longer had to hunt them down.

The new love affair grew as global notes for quotes and invoices entered our lives.

Recently we learned that not every change we make to a Dashboard is welcome, and you learned that we really like responding to feedback about what you like and don't like so much. Thanks to everyone who helped us put the information you need at your fingertips.

To round out what's been a big year, you can now bill by the hour, and save time by copying invoices that you enter regularly. Oh, and we streamlined the bank feeds set up, too.

What a 2013, hey? I know I'm looking forward to a rest. But not for too long. We're keen to get back in 2014, ready to deliver another year of LiveAccounts delights.

On behalf of the LiveAccounts team, I'd like to wish you a happy festive season, and look forward to hearing from you in the new year.

Disagree with my highlights of 2013? Keen to add something I've missed? Just want to drop me a line to wish the team a happy festive season? Please do. We'd love to hear from you.

Please note we're closed 21 December to 5 January inclusive, but we'll still have some dedicated support staff around to answer any queries you might have.

5 Comments
Contributing User zelvan
26 Posts
Contributing User

wher do I find information on  bill by the hour any help would be great

MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @zelvan 

Thanks for dropping me a line on the blog. And cheers for the feedback that you're having trouble finding info on how our billing by the hour works.

The Items page in the help has some tips on how to set up time units to bill by the hour  (http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Items)

Otherwise, there is an old video which may help.

I've passed your feedback along to our technical writer, so we can improve the available information about hourly billing.

Thanks,

M

Contributing User zelvan
26 Posts
Contributing User

Thank You Mierrin

I can not get through on the link you sent me or the old vidio link

Thank zelvan

MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Urgh. Sorry @zelvan - that link isn't working for some reason.

But help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Items is the correct site. I'll raise it with Kylie, our tech writer.

In the meantime, try this workaround. Sorry, it's a bit inconvenient.

1. When you click the link and get the Page not found error message, Click Site Homepage in the links at the bottom of the page. It'll take you to the Homepage of the help.
  2. Click Items in the left-hand menu. 

Hmmm... not sure why the video link isn't taking you to the video though. 

Here's the full link. 

https://myob-1.wistia.com/medias/c5aftk398k

If it doesn't work, try copying or typing it into your browser.

Sorry for the hassles.

Hope this helps,

Merrin

Contributing User zelvan
26 Posts
Contributing User

Merrin

Thank You I tried the bottom link and that worked fine. Alls good

zelvan