Link attachments to your bank transactions

MYOB Staff Post
9 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

9Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Want an easy way keep compliant and organised? Now you can use the In tray to link files to bank transactions. 

We’ve expanded the In tray's functionality so that you can now add documents to transactions quickly and seamlessly.

Here’s how it works:

Go to your bank transactions, select a transaction and click on the Attachments button.

2019-01-18_18-16-09.png

From here, you can browse your documents, drag and drop or access a file from your In tray.

2019-01-18_18-18-10.png

To choose a file from your In tray, just click on the Link from In tray button and link your file of choice.

Learn more about linking documents to your bank transactions. 

16 Comments
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @Tali

Thanks for this; looks like a great feature.

I'm trying to do this for transactions that have already been reconciled. (I have a pile of receipts for older transactions!) I don't see how to do this for transactions that have already been reconciled - I don't see an 'attachments' button.

Here are some screen shots.

Thanks, Colleen

view1.pngview2.JPG

MYOB Staff Post
9 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hey @coll_cath,

Thanks for reaching out! For transactions that have already been reconciled, you’ll need to look back at your transactions through the Bank transactions page (just select "All transactions" and enter the appropriate date range – see image below).

As for the Spend Money view, we’re working on implementing this feature so that if you create a new Spend Money or edit one already entered, you will be able to attach your receipt directly to that page.

If you have any more questions, let us know and we can organise a call Smiley Happy 2019-01-21_12-47-23.png

Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @Tali

That solved it! I wasn't using the Bank Transactions view. Now I see a paper clip Smiley Happy

Thanks for the quick reply.

Colleen

Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi team, one more question: is it possible to attach documents (receipts) to journal entries?

Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi team, one more question: is it possible to attach documents (receipts) to journal entries?

Partner
2,127 Posts
Partner

Hi @Tali

And, what about bank transactions that do not have bank feeds?

I'm thinking of:

• Petty Cash
  • Paypal accounts
  • Commonwealth credit cards that Comm Bank have stopped supplying bank feeds for

Regards,

AlanT

MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @coll_cath 

The main focus of this update is to allow the ability to link attachments to bank transactions. Additional transactions, such as Journal Entries, are outside of the scope of this update. This is a feature that may look at for the future but currently not something included with this update.

MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @AlanT

The Attachment option is available for the Bank transactions window. So whether or not you obtain the transaction through Bank Feeds or import that transaction via an Imported Statement you will be able to link documents to that transaction.

Partner
2,127 Posts
Partner

Hi @Steven_M

Yes, the option is available in the Bank Transactions window, but when you enter transactions with the Spend Money or Receive Money options, these transactions do not appear in the Bank Transactions screens.  They only appear in the Transaction History window, which does not have the ability to attach documents.

AlanT

MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @AlanT

The scope of this update is to allow documents to be uploaded for banking transactions that you obtain through bank feeds or importing through an Imported Statement i.e. transactions that appear in the Bank Transaction window.

If the transaction is added outside of that, such as petty cash transactions, that will not involve a bank feed transaction or one you will not be importing a statement for you would not be able to add a document to that transaction as this falls outside of the scope of this update as those transactions appear in the Transaction history window.

Partner
2,127 Posts
Partner

Hi @Steven_M

I gathered that this was the case.

It is very disappointing that MYOB have once again rolled out a new feature that has only been half implemented and therefore of somewhat limited value.

:-(

AlanT

MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @AlanT

Thank you for your feedback.

As part of an MYOB Essentials subscriptions, clients are able to apply for bank feeds available on their bank accounts. As you have indicated, some financial institutions don't allow for those bank feeds and as such the Import Statements feature is available for importing those transactions to allow for those transactions to appear in Bank Transactions for easy allocation/matching and uploading of documents.

However, in saying that, I have shared your comments with the team.

Partner
2,127 Posts
Partner

Hi @Steven_M

Thank you for passing on this information.  I have a number of clients who are farmers and tradies and they pay a large proportion of their expenses with cash from their wallets.  For these clients the InTray feature will remain useless until such time that they are able to attach documents to the spend money transactions.

Regards,

AlanT

Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I might be doing it wrong but I have created a MIsc supplier and simply creat a bill to this account and attach the docket to this for all incidentals such as fuel meals, travel expenses or anything that I buy from a non regular supplier. Then when I it is paid either by credit card or EFT it registers the bill and account its against and is reconciled. This may help for all those other spend moneys that you want to keep a copy of the sales receipt.

Partner
2,127 Posts
Partner

Hi @Tali and @Steven_M

I attended Incite in Sydney on Tuesday and was very pleased to see that MYOB is about to release a phone app that will allow you to photograph a receipt and send it straight to the InTray.  This is exactly what is needed by my tradie and farmer clients who very often pay for small items with cash from their pocket, then either forget about  these expenses and/or deliver the receipts to me at the end of the year in a shoebox.

However, as it is not possible to attache these documents to a spend money transaction it seems to be a massive opportunity missed.

Or will we now have the opportunity to attache these to spend money (or General Journal) entries?

Regards,

AlanT

MYOB Staff Post
9 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hey @AlanT

We're looking at a couple of different options to provide that functionality for Spend money. Keep your eyes peeled! 

– Tali