Make your invoices and quotes shine

MYOB Staff Post Kylie_N
14 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

14Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Want to make sure your invoices and quotes really reflect your business's personality? New options on the Invoice and quote settings page give you more control than ever.

Still love your logo and business details combination? Make sure it fits perfectly by using the new slider to adjust the logo size.

LogoBusDetails.png

Or is a plain logo just not cutting it anymore? Try adding a full width header image instead, for that professional look. Just make sure you include your business details in the image, as they won't appear on their own.

FullWidthBanner.png

And just like before, you can choose a theme and colours, and whether to format the address so it works with a windowed envelope.

So take a moment to check out the changes, and make your invoices and quotes look great.

15 Comments
Experienced User rhave
26 Posts
Experienced User

Having issues with this after trying to re-add the logo & try out the full width. Now am not able to do anything at all under invoice/ quote settings - this error occurs as soon as open up the settings 'A system error occurred, please try again. If you continue to have a problem accessing pages, please contact MYOB Essentials support.'

This is also meaning am not able to send my quotes or invoices. A logo is still present under 'Logo'. 

How can I resolve this issue?

MYOB Staff Post Kylie_N
14 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hi @rhave . Sorry to hear about your issue with this feature. I had a chat with our support guys, and they had a suggestion that might help:

Choose the Logo and business details option, then click the Reset to default link in the Theme options section of the page (this will remove any custom colours you've added to your invoice theme, so make sure you take note of them first).

Once you've done that, choose the Full width header image option, then click Reset to default again.

Hope this helps,

Kylie

Experienced User rhave
26 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks for that information Kylie. It worked & now able to send all my quotes again!!

Thanks

Rachel

autosparky
6 Posts
User

Can we add bank account details to the statements yet??

MYOB Staff Post Kylie_N
14 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hi @autosparky ,

Thanks for dropping us a line to let us know about a feature you'd like to see in MYOB Essentials.

At the moment, it's not possible to include bank details on your statements, but it looks like you're not alone in wanting this feature. I'd suggest heading over to the Ideas Exchange and adding your voice to other MYOB Essentials clients by voting for this suggestion. This helps us prioritise what we focus on adding to the product next.

Hope that helps,

Kylie

TimA
1 Post
User

I have MYOB Essentials. 

I have just tried to upload a new header for my invoice and when I save I get this. 

A system error occurred, please try again.
If you continue to have a problem accessing pages, please contact MYOB Essentials support.

I now can't send invoices.

Can you help.

MYOB Staff Post Kylie_N
14 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hi @TimA,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem. I wonder if the fix I posted above in reply to rhave would work for you? Give it a go and let me know if you're still having trouble:

Choose the Logo and business details option, then click the Reset to default link in the Theme options section of the page (this will remove any custom colours you've added to your invoice theme, so make sure you take note of them first).

Once you've done that, choose the Full width header image option, then click Reset to default again.

Hope this helps,

Kylie

secretperson
6 Posts
User

When can we get Credit Card Payment details on the invoice?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,632 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @secretperson

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

We currently don't have an exact time frame for when you can add additional payment options including credit card details onto the printed/email copy of the invoice.  I would recommend showing your support by voting for Credit Card payment options on invoice on the Essentials Idea Exchange

ATWA
1 Post
User

When is MYOB Essentials going to provide the option of printing a proper receipt, with a template layout like an Invoice

carly
1 Post
User

I am new to MYOB and have just set up my accounts etc.  Unfortunately my address details on the invoice are wrapping text due to the lenght of my business name, so my email address and web address both have part of the address on a 2nd line "om.au".  I have resized the logo and this has not made an impact.

Is it possible to resize the Business details area so it will fit on one line, I am short 5 characters currently.

If not, l will have to continue with my created invoices as the MYOB ones don't look very professional in their current format.  Thanks

MYOB Moderator KattC
790 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello @carly

Thank you for your post in regards to the invoice template.

In Essentials you can now upload a bigger logo that can now include address, email, phone number and any other information you would like it to include. To be able to upload this kind of image it needs to be a .JPG or .PNG format.

If you go to the Business name>>Invoice and Quote Settings>>Styling and Themes>>Full Width Header Image>>Upload header Image.

Please let us know if you need any more assistance.

Kind regards,

Kat

Client Support 

MYOB Moderator KattC
790 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello @ATWA

Thank you for your feedback in regards to Essentials providing a receipt. We currently do not have a time frame on this option, we suggest you vote and comment on Create Receipts on the Ideas Exchange. This is where our developers look to find out what our clients want to see in future releases. 

Kind regards,

Kat

Client Support  

Botany
4 Posts
Cover User

Does this feature mean that I can now issue invoices under different brands for the same operating company?  I need two invoice templates as I am am currently recording the invoice for the second brand in MYOB but sending it out by email after creating it in Excel.  Not very efficient!

Valued Cover User Banana1
137 Posts
Valued Cover User

Hello @Botany,

This update to MYOB Essentials still only offers the one template which is used on all sales/quotes.  However, you can use the new option of a Full width header image to replace the Logo and business details which you normally use with an image file that contains the other brands business details instead to easily switch between the two.

Regards,
Mat