MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Merrin
MYOB Moderator

230Posts

102Kudos

0Solutions

We’re hearing that getting started with your clients can be a bit confusing. So there'll be some changes to the Partner Dashboard in the next week or so.

To begin, we're removing the Invite a business feature from your partner dashboard. This includes removing the invitations tab from the Partner Dashboard menu.

partner_dashboard.png

When this happens, your clients will still be able to accept any invitations you’ve already sent, but you won’t be able to see, re-send or cancel invitations. If you have existing invitations in the invitations tab, you might want to sort through them in the next week.

invitations.png 

Don't stress, you'll still be able to create a business for your clients and transfer ownership to them from the Partner Dashboard. This is not changing. Transferring ownership and the resending of the transfer request will still be available from your Parther Dashboard.

new_dashboard.png

In future, if you want access to a client’s existing Essentials business, just ask them to invite you to be their advisor.

If you want to recommend Essentials to a client, and manage your recommendations, you can do this from my.MYOB.

If you want more information about working with clients in Essentials, take a look at our help pages.

**edited 04/08 to include information about recommending MYOB Essentials.

7 Comments
Experienced Partner DebraAnderson
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

Are you saying we won't be able to re-send invitations at all?  We really need to be able to see and manage our invitations

Deb Smiley Sad

MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @DebraAnderson  

You'll still be able to resend transfer of ownership invites, but not invitations that are currently in the invitations tab.

If it's ok, Paul's just going to give you a call to have a chat with you about how you're currently using the Invitations tab. We'd  love to hear if we're planning on removing something crucial!

Thanks,

M

Trusted Partner Rob_Marshall
44 Posts
Trusted Partner

Hi Merrin,

Bit confused ... also ... about how things will work moving forward.

I do very regular referrals and invitations.

Can somebody call me to discuss.

Rob

Former Staff JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

No worries @Rob_Marshall, I will arrange for one of the team to contact you on Monday to discuss.

Hope all is well for you over in the West.

Jason Hill
Community Manager

MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Rob_Marshall 

Thanks for dropping us a line on Friday night. Before someone calls you (at a more reasonable hour your time), I'll just stress that referring Essentials and your referral invitations can be managed through my.MYOB. 

If you set up the Essentials business for your client, you can manage the transfer of ownership through your Partner Dashboard in Essentials.

We'll be in touch, soon.

M

Experienced Partner FHK
34 Posts
Experienced Partner

Does this mean that if we are working on a new business and haven't yet invited our client, we need to do it now rather than next week?

Your messages are a bit confusing.

Fiona Kissel

MYOB Moderator Merrin
230 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @FHK 

If you're working on a new business, as in setting it up for your client, then you can simply transfer ownership of that business to your client from the Partner Dashboard. This will not change with the dashboard update.

If you're recommending MYOB Essentials to a client, but not setting them up, then you'll need to recommend from my.MYOB, rather than use Invite a business after the dashboard has been updated.

my.MYOB is the preferred method of recommending MYOB Essentials to your clients and managing your invites.

Hope that helps clarify.

Thanks,

Merrin