11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2020 - bugs that need fixing

There are quite a few things wrong with AccountRight 2020 and some of them need to be fixed urgently.

1. Changing default fonts/sizes of Windows, forms & reports is no longer available as an option on V2020.  Every software program should have the ability for each user to customise the way it tooks on their screens, but MYOB has removed this feature on new version.  The default font they've chosed isn't a very clear one (at least not on my screen) and the font size is very small - the only way to make it appear larger is to change settings in Windows 10 to make things appear larger but that then affects how other programs and websites look so I'd need to be constantly changing the settings if I did that.  

2.  Can't print a Pay Liabilities payment made to the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House.  Error message pops up saying "there is no cheque to print".  It was a BPAY payment from our bank account so how can it not be printable like every other payment type!  Worse than that none of the super payments I've made show in the Disbursement transaction journal list (when they used to in V19).  I can only see the transactions when I click on the "All" transactions tab.  Even searching for the transactions via the Card doesn't work as it says "No Matching Records Found".  Only searching via Liability Account Code shows the transaction.  This issue needs to be sorted urgently.

3.  The Analysis tab on Command Centre window on V19 (and previous versions has been changed to Business Analysis and has only 4 options to choose from compared to 9 options on the previous Analysis tab.  The Analysis tab was very handy as I used it daily to see and print a Payables Summary or Cash Flow Report. On V2020 nothing can be printed via the Business Analysis tab without going to Index to Reports first and in the case of the Cash Flow Report making sure the correct year is showing in the filter as it might be showing a previous FY if that year hasn't been closed yet.  Also the Cash Flow Report is totally different than how it looked before - it doesn't show the each individual debtor or creditor listed and due dates as it did in V19.  

3.  In V19 and previous versions when importing "custom forms' they were perfect - no changes necessary.  After migrating them into V2020 they weren't perfect so I spent a whole day "fixing" them and some "custom forms" - like PaySlips and Cheques can't be migrated.  We don't print cheques, but we had "customised" the cheque form for printing and attaching to the supplier invoice for filing.  Also not being able to migrate our customised Payslips means having to recreate them.  They are just forms so why can't they be migrated too?  None of my customised Reports could be migrated either!  MYOB says creating the forms is easier than it used to be, I don't agree as it took me several hours just trying to get our Invoices to fit in all the details across the page as they did before migrating them.  Some of the columns in the invoice "table" can't be narrowed or widened individually now so it's very time consuming trying to get my forms back to how they should be.

4.  Also the "close a year" process doesn't provide any information of what actually happens when running that process - V19 let you choose what transactions were purged and how many previous FY years transactions were kept.  I couldn't find anything in Help Centre or online to tell me what happens either.  I rang Support 3 times and finally spoke to someone after hours who indicated that nothing is purged and previous 7 years of FY years transactions are kept - this is very important to know so there should be some more detailed info about the "close a year" process.  I also queried why if 7 years of transactions are kept why do they still only allow us to view and/or print 3 years of Financial Reports - why not 7 years?    

There are some good features on the V2020 version that I'm slowly finding, but losing some of the "best" features from V19 is frustrating to say the least.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2020 - bugs that need fixing

Hi @RRB 

Thank you for providing your feedback in regards to AccountRight 2020

1. AccountRight 2020 will take the display setting from within Windows and thus doesn't have its own display settings like AccountRight Classic. To my knowledge, this is not a feature that we are currently looking for the AccountRight 2020 range.

2. We are aware that Pay Liabilities transactions will not print within the AccountRight 2019.4 and 2020.1 versions. This is due to a known issue that we have passed onto our product team to investigate further. Currently, the recommended workaround in the meantime would be to run the Pay Liabilities Register report which does contain similar information.  

3. The Analysis tab has been removed from the AccountRight 2020 range with that information available via reports and other windows. At this stage, there are no immediate plans to re-introduce that functionality back into the AccountRight 2020 through a Command Centre icon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to changes with field names and formatting of values cheques and pay slips are not able to be migrated to AccountRight 2020. These would need to be re-created via the Setup>>Customise Form functionality. While other forms can be migrated from previous versions so additional customisation may be required for example most of the time deleting the AccountRight Classic table fields and readding the AccountRight table directly would be the recommendation.

4. You are quite right the Close a Financial Year doesn't contain a full explanation of what will occur with that process. Only a very brief minor bit of information:  "Your account balances and other details will be adjusted to reflect the closing of the year." I've passed on your comments with regards to that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, thanks for your prompt reply and here are my responses.

1.  Being able to change windows, forms & reports sizes and fonts in AccountRight 2020 is an "essential" in my opinion and I would think a lot of other users would agree with me, especially when it's been a feature of all previous versions (or at least it has for as long as I can remember and I've been using MYOB for 20 years or thereabouts).  I've tried adjusting Windows 10 display settings (for e.g. instead of 100% I've adjusted to 135%) and yes it does make text in the Command Centre screens larger (too large in fact) and spreads what can be seen on the screen too long and/or too wide making it necessary to either open each window fully (rather than cascading them as I prefer) or move the window around the screen so I can see everthing I need to see and click on what I need to click on.  Also, even with the larger displaying setting the actual font size in the forms (i..e invoices/purchases, etc) only increases marginally so text is still quite small and hard to read (this is probably because the default font MYOB has used is "miniscule" in the first place.  Also, the font type (I don't recognise what type it is) is not ideal as it's not a nice "clean" font type as it appears slightly blurry even when made slightly larger by adjusting Windows 10 display settings. I've only been using v2020 for a week now and I end up with headaches at the end of every day because of straining to read the small font size when typing up invoices and purchases (even after adjusting display settings).  Plus adjusting the display settings in Windows 10 makes the text size in all my other programs and websites way larger than I want them to appear so I am constantly adjusting the Windows display settings back to my preferred setting when I'm not using v2020.  PLEASE get your tech people to put back the option of adjusting font type and their sizes - it doesn't make any sense for that feature to have been removed as an option in the first place!

2.  The Pay Liabilities issue doesn't just mean a transaction can't be printed.  As I said the transaction also can't be found when doing a search for it via "Cards" and it also doesn't show in the "Disbursement" Transaction list screen.

3.  The new Business Insights Analysis tab compared to the old Analysis tab makes getting basic information quickly more difficult and not being able to print anything once I've chosen one of the 4 options without having to go through Index to Reports just makes doing simple tasks more time consuming than it should be.  Also since I've been used v2020 the Customer Analysis tab has been having issues - I keep getting an error message "an application operation has timed out... (see Snip Image attached showing that error message) and when it does that, which has been all the time since Thursday or Friday last week, the Customers Who Owe Me Money section just keeps saying "loading" and never does and also none of the tabs at the top of the screen (i.e. Index to Reports, Customize, etc) can be clicked on as they are all "greyed out".  Also when I try using the Reports Tab at the bottom of the screen to view Receivables reports I can only view the Reconcilation Summary & Details reports (all the other Receivables reports give me the same "operation timeout" error message.  The same error messages appears when I try to view the same report types in the Payables section in the Purchases side of things too.  Why am I getting "operation timeout" error messages at all???

Regarding importing forms - I still don't see why they can't all have been imported, but I've recreated all the ones I need now so it's not really an issue.  However, creating and amending the forms is not as easy as MYOB says.  For eg. the Undo button sometimes can't be used at all and then when it can only undoes one change when I might want to undo several changes.  Also there's no redo button so if something is undone by mistake it can't be redone quickly.  Also previously you could type in the exact size of a line or text box so they were all exactly the same height and width if required which ensured perfect alignment (which we required on some of our forms), now there's only the option to align the vertical or horiztonal easily.  Trying to adjust field/text box or line sizes need a steady hand and a good eye as can only be done via the mouse as far as I can see. Another good feature lost!!

4.  Good that hopefully more info about end of year processing will be available in future.

Since using MYOB for the past 20 years we have always paid what used to be the annual fee (to ensure access to support and product upgrades) and in more recent times the monthly subscription fee (even when MYOB stopped updating v19, except for compliance updates) so this should entitle us (and other users too of course) to expect that good features in previous versions not be removed from newer versions for no good reason.  We are paying a hefty price to use MYOB after all.

Snip Image.jpg
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Hi @RRB 

A Pay Liabilities transaction will appear in Payroll tab of the Transaction Journal. In addition to the inability to printing Pay Liabilities, those transactions don't appear when searching by the supplier but will appear in accounts tabs when searched. This is something that has been passed onto the required team.

If you are receiving timeout error messages you may need to add in a timeout extender to the product files. This has aided some clients with similar timeout messages. Note: It doesn't work for all clients and situations, for those cases checking the file out or running a report (such as the Analyse Sales [Customer] report) would be the recommendation for those cases.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2020.2 upgrade - still no Cash Flow Analysis Report available as an option

I have complained previously that the Analysis tab (which used to be on older versions of MYOB AccountRight) had been replaced with the Business Insights tab (in new versions) and along with it the Cash Flow Analysis worksheet and therefore the ability to run a Cash Flow Analysis Report was also removed.  With the recent upgrade to 2020.2 it would have been an ideal opportunity for MYOB to reinstate (at least) the Cash Flow Analysis Worksheet.  Currently there is only the Cash Flow Statement option under Reports which only tells the cash flow situation at a given point in time, not the future cashflow situation.  It is mind boggling to me that MYOB would remove a tool that allowed a business to project forward what their cashflow situation might be and what recurring expenses they'll incur in the future and how much income would be needed to meet those ongoing expenses.  Given the situation most businesses (especially small ones) are in with the COVID-19 situation being able to do forward projections of our cashflow is not only desirable it is ESSENTIAL!  The Cash Flow Analysis Worksheet could have been reinstated in the 2020.2 upgrade - MYOB you have let businesses down!!!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2020.2 upgrade - still no Cash Flow Analysis Report available as an option

Hi @RRB 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the latest AccountRight 2020.2 product release.

The Cash Flow Analysis report is not a report that has been included in that particular new product release. To my knowledge, that particular report is not something that we are looking into the AccountRight 2020 product range at this time. It may be something that is looking into for the future but not something actively being work on.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

That's the same reply you gave me last time we complained about the Cash Flow Analysis Worksheet/Report missing from newer versions of MYOB - it should never have been removed in the first place as it's a vital tool that business (especially small businesses like ours) utilised regularly.  Very, very disappointing that MYOB are not interested in helping small businesses do forward projections of their cashflow - it can't be that hard to reinistate something that used to be available on older versions of MYOB!!

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @RRB 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the latest AccountRight 2020.2 product release.

The Cash Flow Analysis report is not a report that has been included in that particular new product release. To my knowledge, that particular report is not something that we are looking into the AccountRight 2020 product range at this time. It may be something that is looking into for the future but not something actively being work on.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Hi @RRB 

If you would like to see that feature in the AccountRight 20xx range I would recommend showing your support for Report: Cash Flow Analysis on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

It's a bit annoying the way MYOB removes features from older versions of the program and then, when people point out that the program has actually been downgraded because you've removed a feature that was useful and worked, your MYOB Moderators respond with a stock standard answer along the lines of, "This isn't something we're looking into at the moment".

It's not about "looking into" it, why don't you just reinstate the feature that your customers didn't want removed in the first place?

That is a terrible way to treat your customers!

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your comment - I've been using MYOB for last 20 years (since GST was introduced) and apart from a few annoying things with how it works I thought it was an excellent program and recommended it to many bookkeepers for it's user friendliness, but I wouldn't recommend it since MYOB decided to remove perfectly good features that were there since the beginning - like the cashflow analysis worksheet/report, and that's only one of the features that they've removed.  If I could easily change accounting software programs without a huge distrbution to our business I would.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post