MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Card file to CSV

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User kha
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
kha
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Card file to CSV

I am trying to export my customer card file to CSV, the CSV option is not highlighted. I only seem to be able to export to PDF and XPS. Why is CSV not an option? I am using Accountright Plus, latest version

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,355 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8355Posts

894Kudos

1162Solutions

Re: Card file to CSV

Hi @kha

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Are you able to clarify for me how you are exporting the card file information out of AccountRight?

Assuming you are going File >> Import/Export Assistant, then you have the option to separate the data using either by tabs or commas. If you choose the option to separate data using commas, then the exported file will be saved as a csv format file.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User kha
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
kha
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I was in reports, card then card list detail. Once I run the report I was exporting from here.

When trying it your way, it doesn't say what data is being exported? It just says custom list.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,355 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8355Posts

894Kudos

1162Solutions

Hi @kha

Thanks for clarifying that. If you are exporting your custom list information, it is the custom lists within AccountRight and not the customer cards. Further down the list of information that you can export there is the Cards Option. When you select this option, another box will appear underneath asking you which sort of cards you want to export. Just as you can see in the screenshot below, this selection will let you export the customer card file as a csv file

cards export.PNG

Due to the formatting used inside the Card List Detail report, it isn’t able to be exported to a csv file format. Unlike most reports, where the information is very linear, the layout of the Card List Detail report is significantly different.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post