5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Frustrated with MYOB

I constantly have problems sending emails direct from MYOB. 

I have a 'mov' file video showing my 2nd attempt at unsuccesfully sending an email from MYOB - but cannot upload it for viewing here.

When I click 'view online activity' it kept saying I hadn't sent the email - when clearly I have. Then waiting for an email that appears won't every come to me??????

I'm on interent with an average download speed of 90mbps and upload of 29mbps so I know it's not my internet connect.

Does anyone have issues with MYOB online responsiveness? Since switching to MYOB online I am finding it quite a nuisance.

Arrggghhhh - so frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,537 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,537Posts

4,491Kudos

4,871Solutions

Re: Frustrated with MYOB

Hi @wharper 

Sorry to hear that you are finding the emails not sending as intended from AccountRight

When your company file is stored in the cloud you have the option under Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing to Send Emails using AccountRight. If this option is enabled, AccountRight will send the email on your behalf without the need of a Desktop email program like Outlook. Note: This is an optional feature, should you not wish to have that option enabled a Desktop email program like Outlook would need to be installed.

Should you wish to use AccountRight to email you can view the status of your emails via the Sent Emails window (bottom right of the Command Centre). From here you can see whether the email was successfully sent or not, the date, recipient and what was sent.

If you are finding that email is not sending to a particular recipient, if you send it through to yourself does it get successfully sent?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User wharper
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We have this feature activated but still prefer to send it to ourselves (from MYOB) first so that we can personalise the email (emails signatures, specific contact info etc.) – things which we cannot do the way we want with MYOB. Plus, we are not confident that MYOB is enough proof that we can evidence an email actually being sent.

So currently we use this email feature to send emails to ourselves to then send onto recipients (after customisation).

We’re finding that it is not coming through to our own emails promptly, nor does it actual acknowledge the email was sent from MYOB. If I could send you a video showing in real-time what is happening that would be great.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,537 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,537Posts

4,491Kudos

4,871Solutions

Hi @wharper 

The Sent Emails window outlines the current status of those emails. If you are wishing to check the status of an email you can navigate to the Sent Emails window and view the first column of that email which will show the status.

Generally speaking, you would get one of the status listed on Track email delivery status. We are happy to investigate cases of the reports not sending as intended i.e. the status doesn't show anything other than a green tick.  We would need to know what the current status of that email is showing as and when it was sent for a start.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User wharper
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I think you're missing the point here Steven.

Do you have a direct email address I can email you and send you a video file as this will help try and show the issues we're having.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,537 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,537Posts

4,491Kudos

4,871Solutions

Hi @wharper 

General users are not able to upload videos to the Forum. However, we are more than happy to accept screenshots and other types of files that may offer assistance to client enquires. In saying that, I have sent you a private message on this Forum 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post