Give option to opt out of badges in community forum

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

222Kudos

4Solutions

Give option to opt out of badges in community forum

I know it's not a specific product idea but I find the notifications of new badges frustrating and disruptive. That little excited "yippee someone replied" Smiley Happy quickly changes to "oh, I just earned another badge" Smiley Sad . Meanwhile, I could have kept working on what I was doing.

This is not a friendly, casual, like-minded, same interests chatroom, it's business. I'm here because I need help with some other little irritating bug I've found in AR, not because I need a virtual badge to make me feel good.

7 REPLIES 7
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

222Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Give option to opt out of badges in community forum

Hmmm. Rather ironic that someone kudoing (? is that a word?) this suggestion triggered another badge. Smiley Very Happy

J-H
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

48Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

I agree - I have used MYOB for over 20 years - I do not need badges and yippees - I would rather whoever spent all the time and effort to make software like this to have spent more time fixing long term errors - I dont need to be an experienced cover user or receive emojis etc - I want the issues that affect day to day running of a business.  Another words fix Job Cost transactions - fix Pay Liaibilities - fix problems and functionality not colours and pretty screens!

And totally agree this is not a chat room - it is the only avenue that MYOB says has to be used to receive enough votes/comments for changes to be made - really - We use MYOB as a business not Facebook, Instagram etc !!!

Sue-AFSL
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Or just ditch them - same reasons

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

7Posts

114Kudos

0Solutions

Go to your account and in My Settings you can change the subscriptions and notification options. 

No more interuptions like this one Smiley Wink

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

222Kudos

4Solutions

That works @101 but you still get the little number on your profile badge top right to make you think there's something useful to look at, only to find out you earned another badge. Smiley Sad

Sue-AFSL
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Agree. NOT useful.

Sue-AFSL
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Furthermore...

these are badges which reward you for exactly the behaviour you were hoping to avoid... I received a badge now for having viewed 500 posts - this just says answers are WAY too hard to find in here.  Should be a sympathy card or a compensation award not a badge.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post