Experienced Cover User
Australia
MF
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Is this a fake email

This email was sent to my husbands email address and addressed to my husbands name - I doubt that my husbands name or email address would have ever been provided to MYOB and when I checked our my.MYOB account I could not see it listed. I have just recently applied for a Partner Program Application whihc said I woulod have a response in a couple of days so it does seem odd that this came in now.  What do you think.

Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:04:44 PM
To:
Subject: MYOB Important Information - Commission / Rebate Details need updating

Dear Charlie,

During a periodic review of our records it was identified that information that you entered into our referral portal may not have been correct.

As such we have reset the information in our system so that you can complete the form again.

Please log into the MYOB online portal https://my.myob.co.nz and re-enter you details under the My Account menu – Edit Partner Payment Preference

Re-enter you Company number as issued by the Companies Office, your GST number as issued by the IRD & GST Status in the appropriate fields

If you update this before the end of the month your commissions / rebates will not be affected.

If your business is not a company please contact us on 0800 696 227 to discuss other options.

Regards,

MYOB Team

http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/fYFW

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31555Posts

4131Kudos

4601Solutions

Re: Is this a fake email

Hi @MF 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Firstly, the email is legitimate and is from MYOB - you can tell that by the @myob.com domain as the Sender, the redirection to my.MYOB... 

The circumstances as to why you have gotten that email is something I'm still looking into for you. However, I would have it a guess that it was a mistake on our part as we inadvertently sent the incorrectly template in our systems for sending out that help article listed on the last line of that email.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post