steveanderson
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Laptop Troubles: Need Help with MYOB on Windows

Hi MYOB Community,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm facing a bit of a dilemma with MYOB on my Windows laptop and thought this forum might be the right place to seek some guidance. Here's what's going on:

Problem: MYOB software on my Windows laptop has been acting up recently. I'm experiencing slowdowns, occasional crashes, and it's making my work quite frustrating.

Laptop Specs:

RAM: 16GB DDR4
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
MYOB Version: MYOB AccountRight 2021.2

I've already tried a few troubleshooting steps, such as:

Updating MYOB: I've made sure I'm using the latest version of MYOB.
Scanning for Malware: I've scanned my laptop for any potential malware or viruses.
Checking for Updates: My Windows OS and drivers are up-to-date.
Disabling Add-ins: I've disabled any unnecessary add-ins or extensions in MYOB.
Rebooting: A classic, but I've restarted my laptop multiple times.
Unfortunately, these steps haven't completely resolved the issues. MYOB is essential for my business, and I can't afford to have it running this way.

I'm hoping someone here might have some additional suggestions or insights into what could be causing these problems. Has anyone else faced similar issues with MYOB on a Windows laptop, and how did you resolve them?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,803 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,803Posts

1,256Kudos

753Solutions

Re: Laptop Troubles: Need Help with MYOB on Windows

Hi @steveanderson , is AccountRIght the only program affected?

I found this 2022 article by AMD support which appears to be relevant:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410#:~:text=AMD%20has%20determined%20that%20select,until%20....

I would seek professional IT advice to confirm if this is the problem, and certainly before doing anything suggested. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

85Kudos

251Solutions

Re: Laptop Troubles: Need Help with MYOB on Windows

Hi @steveanderson

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for explaining the issue you are having with your laptop and for your efforts in troubleshooting the issue to resolve this. We regret the challenges you are experiencing, and we thank you for your patience and understanding. 

I would also like to thank Mike for his effort in providing a helpful article that may resolve your concern. I can see that your laptop passed the system requirements of MYOB. You may also check the Recycle Bin because this may also cause problems with your device. You may go to Start Menu >> search for Recycle Bin >> Click 1 file >> then on your keyboard click CTRL + A to select all files >> Right click then delete. 

Please note: Once you have deleted them from your Recycle Bin, they will be permanently deleted. 

Additionally, I would highly suggest taking the steps from the article that Mike provided for you and please ensure that you seek help from professional IT before taking the steps. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post