Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

New "multiple attachment" in tray has ruined the In Tray

Why have MYOB gone and screwed up the In Tray?

I don't mean the recent performance problems, I mean now they allow multiple documents to be attached to a bill.  It means when we add a doc to the In Tray and then go to attach it - dozens of open bills are shown even though all by one has alreeady had the soft copy attached.  Worse, the open bills are displayed in some kind of random order.  This is functionality not wanted or needed.  Keep it so that once I've added a doc to a bill, that bill is no longer visible, so I only see one bill at a time when I am adding docs.

At least please give us the ability to switch it off individually if we don't want it.  It has seriously made using the in tray much less efficient and much less attractive.  Who would ask for this?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Valued Cover User
842 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

842Posts

596Kudos

14Solutions

Re: New "multiple attachment" in tray has ruined the In Tray

Hi @BenModern 

Agreed.  Let's take something that is working and break the efficient workflow with the additional so-called new features. Adding the ability to attach multiple documents has its benefit but not at the cost of productivity and efficiency.

Seriously thinking about not using it and going back to old processes and procedures.

With this change in the 2019.4 upgrade and the current bug/outage with the In Tray

Come on MYOB start getting feedback from users of your software before you make these changes.
Efficient workflow is key when adding new features.

New features at the expense of efficiency are not new features they are ANNOYING.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

What is even more annoying is that I was surveyed as part of a focus group on the in tray a few months ago and this was not even discussed.  Of all the suggestions I made which would have actually improved in tray functionality - none have been included.

With the passage of a few days, I reinforce again THIS NEW FUNCTIONALITY IS ANNOYING, FRUSTRATING AND MAKES THE IN TRAY WORKFLOW INEFFICIENT.  If I want to attach a bill to a suppliers bill transaction in MYOB, I can be presented with 5-10 open bills already for that supplier (which all except one) have bills already attached - yet there is no indication which is the one without an attachment (ie the one I want).

MYOB, please retract this urgently.  You have made the in tray exponentially more cumbersome to use.  Adding extra documents is OK, but do it a different way - or at least have an indication to show which open bills already have a document attached so I can more quickly find the one I want.  They are not even presented by default sorted in a commonsense way.

Could someone from MYOB please acknowledge / comment?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,470 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,470Posts

196Kudos

194Solutions

Hi @BenModern and @AndrewStephen 

Sorry to hear the new multiple attachment feature is not working well for you. I can confirm that a filter is being built into the 2020.1 upgrade which will allow you to sort by Unlinked or All bills. This upgrade is due for release early next year.

We appreciate your feedback and I have passed it onto the developers.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Valued Cover User
842 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

842Posts

596Kudos

14Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

It is truly awful.

It ok, I guess if you have on a handful of invoices open at any one time across all your suppliers.

We can on a good month have over 500 open invoices and some suppliers can have 40-50 open invoices and as @BenModern mentioned we now have no idea on what document is linked or not linked.

Not so bad when the AI is working, but we have several invoices that it doesn't read the invoice number and/or amount correctly so need to go into each of those invoices to find the correct invoice.

AR2020.1 might be too long to wait for these issues to be resolved.

While they are adding the filter can you please explore the option of removing returns from the "Include Closed and Returns" from the tick box. Returns / Adjustment notes are just like Invoices and they should show like any invoice until we link the document.

I have said this in the past and will say it again.

MYOB really needs to get feedback from users that push the limits of the AR20xx 1) before new releases to find bugs and then fix those bugs before the release and 2) test these new features and fix real-world usage comments before release so the development team can make changes.

In Tray could be so much more useful then what it actually is.

Just like bank feeds, a little more thought and a few more features and it could save me easily an hour each day.

Highlighted
Valued Cover User
842 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

842Posts

596Kudos

14Solutions

No thought or common Sense when it comes to program design

I know it's been mentioned by myself and others that the changes to the in-tray impact on the workflow.

What makes it even worse now and slower linking documents is the default index (sort) is selected on the PO number but that isn't displayed on the invoice details section.

I have just processed about 15 invoices for a supplier that we have over 60 open invoices with at the moment.
Most of these invoices are backorders with the PO No scattered throughout the open invoices.

I am having to change the sort to either amount or invoice number to find the invoice to link the document.
What took a couple of minutes in the previous version took over 10 minutes in this release.

Another supplier was even worse as the invoice number doesn't match and we had to sort by invoice amount and many of there invoices are the same amount causing us to go in and out of invoices.

PLEASE MYOB HAVE REAL USERS THAT USE YOUR SOFTWARE EVERY DAY TEST THESE CHANGES BEFORE YOU RELEASE YOUR SOFTWARE OR MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO ROLLBACK TO A PREVIOUS VERSION WITHOUT HAVING TO RESTORE A BACKUP AND REENTER DATA. PLEASE

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Agreed not sure why you would need this function of being able to add more then one document. It would have made it more effective to add an in tray to the sales section so you can attach purchase orders.

Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I like multiple attachments because sometimes that functionality is really useful.  However, MYOB could've been a lot smarter setting it up and kept it so that only the open invoices without an attachment showed as a default and you could have option of viewing all invoices if you wanted to add a second/multiple attachment.  It seems like it was done on the run without much thought..

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,470 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,470Posts

196Kudos

194Solutions

Hi @Sharon268 

I'm glad to hear you like the multiple attachment feature. A filter is being built into the 2020.1 upgrade which will allow you to sort by Unlinked or All Bills.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Tracey_H 

Unsure which post you were reading to think that anyone actually likes the new feature.

Try LISTENING to your users feedback, rather than what you want to hear.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post