Password when restore backup file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Password when restore backup file

Hi,

When  I try to login and open the back up file from Library I get the message "The ID or password you entered is incorrect.  Please try again". I used my User name and blank password as well as my password for sign in MYOB

I did not  assign a password to the back up file during the back up process.  

I also try leaving Administrator as user ID and blank password

Regards, 

Julia

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Re: Password when restore backup file

Hi @JuliaLaw55 

With AccountRight 2019 company files, each company file would have a username or password (or a series of these). These are set up in the company file via Setup>>Users. Within here you can set a password for the company file using the Password (or set an offline password). Once a company file has been restored, you would be prompted to enter that user information (which is commonly referred to the company file sign on).

The default username and password for a company file is Administrator and no password i.e. click OK. If that doesn't allow access then a username and/or password has been added to that company file. If that username and password is not known, we would be looking at arranging the company file to come in for a paid Password Reset. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post